• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most gaffer don't like to duo with each other in rank for some reason

May sound weird, but that would probably be a high-pressure situation for most people. I know to some people Ranked is high-pressure/rage-inducing, but if you've been playing for a few seasons now then you should honestly be able to boot up a game with zero pressure if it's solo queue. Like, who cares if you have a bad game? Are you going to let down WeedMaster420xxx? Wouldn't that just be a damn crying shame.

You duo queue with someone, though, and now there's commitment. There's responsibility. There's someone on my team I could actually give a flying fuck if I let down, as opposed to a bunch of tossers I don't know from Adam. Now there's pressure to perform, and it's like a flashback to my first ranked game as Imperfect, Jr. when I actually thought the players on my team were real people to whom I assigned emotions, dreams, and a sense of responsibility.

gt33.jpg

You know what sucks? Demolishing top lane Singed for the entirity of the laning phase, but never getting a gank to kill him while he gets 3 in the first 15. The entire game, Vi never came top. Though she had her own issues, starting with her build. Overcoming an 0-something jungle performance is pretty fuckin hard.

Game before this one was a loss. I was the sole person not in a 4-man group. Did think that would be a problem and went MF. About 4 minutes into the laning phase against a Thresh and Cait, support Soraka leaves to support her friend Jax top who is fine vs Renekton. She had 3 wards, but in the 4 minutes she was bot, she didn't bother to use any of them until the game was 12 minutes old. I started 1/0. She left and naturally, I couldn't hold the tower. In fact, neither the jungler nor the mid bothered to rotate bottom to gank until after they took the T2 around 20 minutes. By then she had maybe double my CS because the lane was no longer farmable. Things went predictably poorly. I believe the 4 of them combined to go something like 5-35. I finished like 3-6. Nothing I could do.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You know what sucks? Demolishing top lane Singed for the entirity of the laning phase, but never getting a gank to kill him while he gets 3 in the first 15. The entire game, Vi never came top. Though she had her own issues, starting with her build.
you should never play with me.

you should never play with me.

Why's that? I'm sure you'd come along if you saw Singed perpetually at 1/3 HP, no? If for no other reason to make sure he respects you?

Nothing bad with Vi's build.

Yes, there is. The game score is fooling you. She didn't get the mallet or armor until past 40 minutes. In the context of this game, she couldn't deal any damage, nor could she survive much of anything. She also had this odd habit of ultin into 4 with nobody around to help her. Hence her kill score. She played like she had a TF, rand and visage in her inventory. She should have been playing much safer given how little she had. In fact, IIRC, she had about 40cs @ 20 minutes. Slow farming, little real help, lots of dying. She was, at best, a very brief distraction to that team. A gnat to be swatted. Not a threat at any phase of the game. But that's to be expected when all you have is a spirit item, tabi's and a belt at ~30 minutes.

dimb

Why's that? I'm sure you'd come along if you saw Singed perpetually at 1/3 HP, no? If for no other reason to make sure he respects you?
No, I probably wouldn't. All it takes is one good ward and it would potentially be a really big waste of time, especially since Quinn doesn't have good measures to set up a gank on someone like Singed who specializes in escapes.

Blizzard

Banned
You know what sucks? Demolishing top lane Singed for the entirity of the laning phase, but never getting a gank to kill him while he gets 3 in the first 15. The entire game, Vi never came top. Though she had her own issues, starting with her build. Overcoming an 0-something jungle performance is pretty fuckin hard.
For one thing, it sounds like she had her own problems as you pointed out. For another thing, once Singed hits level 6 he's really hard to gank. For another thing, if you were demolishing him, I am guessing he was pushed to his own tower? That's ESPECIALLY hard (and dangerous) to gank.

For yet another thing, it's scary to gank a winning lane, because what if you screw up? It becomes a losing lane, and then they rage at you and the loss is sealed.

*edit* I am agreeing with soda cop, which is a signal of the end times.

That vi build isn't ideal but there is nothing horribly wrong with it. And ganking top lane is almost never worth it with the tanks these days. As someone that mains jungle and plays a lot of vi, I'd quite frankly not give a fuck about an over extending singed. He wants me to gank him. Chances are you would be wasting your time and just get kited to death, especially when your own top laner has no cc to help. Bot/mid is simply more important. I gank top and we get a kill on singed, that would often translate to their jungle ganking bot, getting a double kill and dragon. I'm not saying that vi is good, but league of legends is a 4v4 game. If you can't hold top lane it's usually bad luck.

Edit: with regards to the post above me, ganking winning lanes is a good idea. It's more dangerous ganking a losing lane, because assuming the other junglers is equally as strong as you if your lane is weaker you will lose the 3v3. Generally it's nice to gank the winning lanes or rather, gank when it will be successful regardless of the lane (eg level 6 vi and ori vs a mid ryze). Then you as the jungler get fed, and then gank losing lanes since you can carry a 3v3. Also, if my bot is getting crushed and the other team has a fed jinx, then I try gank for my mid fizz since then regardless of how strong jinx is, fizz can kill her in team fights.

dimb

For yet another thing, it's scary to gank a winning lane, because what if you screw up? It becomes a losing lane, and then they rage at you and the loss is sealed.

*edit* I am agreeing with soda cop, which is a signal of the end times.
I wouldn't worry about that. It's better to gank lanes that are ahead than ones that are behind because you can actually win the 2v2s. I just have a more farm-centric style, and ganking top lane is usually just a drag when it comes to spending time. Someone like Singed will usually just keep CSing no matter what you do. Unless he tries to proxy farm, I won't stand for that.

Also Fmallet is terrible on Vi.

No, I probably wouldn't. All it takes is one good ward and it would potentially be a really big waste of time, especially since Quinn doesn't have good measures to set up a gank on someone like Singed who specializes in escapes.

If you're playing Vi and don't recognize the benefit of going on a < half hp Singed with your ult up and Quinn's ult up then I'll agree. I probably wouldn't want to. I'm inclined to believe you wouldn't ignore those kinds of opportunities, regardless of the position you're attempting to assume in this conversation. Maybe you just had to be there, but opportunities were missed making the game harder than it needed to be.

For one thing, it sounds like she had her own problems as you pointed out. For another thing, once Singed hits level 6 he's really hard to gank. For another thing, if you were demolishing him, I am guessing he was pushed to his own tower? That's ESPECIALLY hard (and dangerous) to gank.
I hear what you're both saying. HOWEVER.

The consequence of never ganking a Singed lane is that Singed will be able to farm. I liken it to a Nasus lane. Kill him early and keep him behind and the game becomes easier for everyone. Ignore him and now you have a problematic tank running around the map, dealing the most damage on his team (which he did). I suppose you can roll the dice and take your chances late game, but it just seems so much easier to get your top lane fed or otherwise ocassionally show up to help keep Singed down. Their jungler seemed to recognize some benefit to that.

Now then...certainly there's a difference between ganking as...idunno, anyone *not* Vi...and ganking as Vi. I understand that. He may be hard to kill in general, but if he's already below half hp you can't tell me that Vi ult and Q along with Quinn doing what Quinn does won't be enough to secure a kill. Vi is my second most played champ. I'm pretty clear on at least that much. If that's what you're selling, I can't buy it this time. Sometimes he was under his tower, but other times he was cutting the lane farming between the T1 an T2. He never had wards beyond his trinket. Vi simply had neither the will nor inclination to help push him the fuck out.

As for,

My general opinion is that with very little coordination, that shouldn't be a problem. If you're averse to communicating plans and making plays with Vi, I'd suggest you shouldn't be playing Vi jungle (not coming at you, but in general). She was designed to make plays, and in the context of that game, plays were available. Easy money, bro. I just don't think the guy played much Jungle Vi because he made poor plays regularly. But that much is probably obvious. Anyone who think's it is a good idea to ult into 4 (Jinx, Lee, Blitz, Lux) by yourself, you're probably a special case. So I'll just accept that he was confused about what to do and when to do it.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the advice about ganking winning lanes. I did camp a zed top lane once to get our top laner fed, and the zed raging pretty quickly, which can be another benefit.

plz no. you don't want that fotm again.
I want the Fizz FoTM train back, just so I can start insta-locking Elise mid again and giggle about the match-up.

because I've played like 400 ranked games since s2 and haven't jungled once yo, so wtf do I care if I tank one game every so many if it's not my goal to play this shitty role
You were making a blanket statement though about a role you self-admittedly have absolutely no knowledge of in the grand scheme of it. Written in such a way where you could easily replace "jungler" with anything else and have mid / top / ADC / support sound just as unappealing. I don't think Blizzard was commenting on you disliking jungling (different personal preferences yadda yadda), but rather the dismissive "I'm surprised people like this" tone when you "weren't thinking" whilst playing.

Do we even need Wriggles to be good?

The carry-ish junglers are already using Elder Lizard, for whom is this item meant for? Yi? Tryndamere?
More itemization options wouldn't hurt, and Madreds - beyond a number of oddball picks like Shaco - is situationally better suited for a few of the currently strong junglers (Lee Sin and Trundle for example) who tend to buy Elder Lizard for the income out of necessity. With Wriggles' method of increasing one's gold count being shit 'n all. This isn't a sudden realization either: Wriggles being garbage has been known as soon as it hit PBE and from that point onwards it still took over a month until a tweaked build hit the LIVE servers. Not big of enough of a concern so it seems, because instead Riot appears to be content just fiddling around with the Spirit Stone items time and time again.

At this stage I'm convinced they have no idea what they want the Wriggles upgrade to even be anymore.

Nothing bad with Vi's build.

That vi build isn't ideal but there is nothing horribly wrong with it.
Indeed, nothing bad about it. It's frikkin' awful instead. Dumbfire Cape + Frozen Mallet when she already can't take or deal damage. Why she even delayed Randuin's for that long when behind is beyond me if her goal was to be a meatshield.

dimb

If you're playing Vi and don't recognize the benefit of going on a < half hp Singed with your ult up and Quinn's ult up then I'll agree. I probably wouldn't want to. I'm inclined to believe you wouldn't ignore those kinds of opportunities, regardless of the position you're attempting to assume in this conversation. Maybe you just had to be there, but opportunities were missed making the game harder than it needed to be.
Is that really a good use of the Vi's ult? She's pretty ult reliant, and it would honestly make more sense to target mid or bot lane with those matchups than a dumpy Quinn top lane. Your only job is to farm and push, picking kills up for a champion like that doesn't really help control the map.
The consequence of never ganking a Singed lane is that Singed will be able to farm. I liken it to a Nasus lane. Kill him early and keep him behind and the game becomes easier for everyone. Ignore him and now you have a problematic tank running around the map, dealing the most damage on his team (which he did). I suppose you can roll the dice and take your chances late game, but it just seems so much easier to get your top lane fed or otherwise ocassionally show up to help keep Singed down. Their jungler seemed to recognize some benefit to that.
Nasus has infinite scaling and turns into a greater team fight threat than Singed. I don't know if you were around for proxy Singed or not, but it's really difficult to shut him out completely from farming. Often times a champion like Singed is asking for you to overcommit resources to keeping him down while his team pulls ahead. Getting top lane fed is like the least useful thing in the game to me as a jungler, particularly if it's something like Quinn. Showing up to lane without getting a successful gank won't make someone like Singed play safe either.

zkylon

zkylewd
You were making a blanket statement though about a role you self-admittedly have absolutely no knowledge of in the grand scheme of it. Written in such a way where you could easily replace "jungler" with anything else and have mid / top / ADC / support sound just as unappealing. I don't think Blizzard was commenting on you disliking jungling (different personal preferences yadda yadda), but rather the dismissive "I'm surprised people like this" tone when you "weren't thinking" whilst playing.
it's more of a thing of the role being so unappealing to me that I'm just immediatelly bored and uninterested. like in theory I think it's exciting since you're the big play maker and whatnot but in reality it's just a complete chore

it's probably my fault for trying to follow what everyone else's playing and trying actual tried and true junglers when jungling. like I'm sure if I just went lizzy jungle I'd have a lot more fun

Fracas

#fuckonami
Viktor is a straight baller. I get that he isn't a conventional pick but good lord he's fun to play. The laser lets him be an absolute bully in lane, and his kit is straight up made for a teamfight. Rushing the death augment makes his midgame pretty strong too.

You're an awful person.

Tell me something I don't know!

Seriously though, ever since she was released I tried to "get her" but never really could, I just really don't like her kit, and some people I played with constantly kept using her at top lane which made me hate her eternally because of the funky shit the rest of the team had to pull off to make it work out.

This season has been good to me, just got into my Platinum 3 promos after being in Plat 4 for 2 days. My best champions right now are like Nid (6-3), Malph (5-1), Ziggs (5-1), Varus (5-0), Blitz (5-1), Trundle (5-2). If I'm playing one of them, I win most of my games even if I don't play well, I don't get it.

This season has been good to me, just got into my Platinum 3 promos after being in Plat 4 for 2 days. My best champions right now are like Nid (6-3), Malph (5-1), Ziggs (5-1), Varus (5-0), Blitz (5-1), Trundle (5-2). If I'm playing one of them, I win most of my games even if I don't play well, I don't get it.

I'm 5-0 on Lux, and AP MID is by far my worst role. All 5 of them was when I was last pick too, and we had all AD. So I had to go AP Mid.

Newt

Quinn top just seems like a gimped version of Quinn ADC. Like you lose so much damage building something like BotRK.

NA? Would be cool to match up against you >:).

Achtius

Viktor is a straight baller. I get that he isn't a conventional pick but good lord he's fun to play. The laser lets him be an absolute bully in lane, and his kit is straight up made for a teamfight. Rushing the death augment makes his midgame pretty strong too.

<3

Mothman91

Ranked game, we are ahead by a good margin. At one point, we kind of start losing a bit, and do a minor throw. Warwick and Kayle start going at each other about why not going for inhib tower and going for a T2 turret. WW says "afk farming gg wp". Like I swear, we are ahead and a little bad play makes you rage that bad? Sometimes I hate playing this game just because of those people. Thank God he actually didn't fuck around, we went and pushed/dived mid and won from there. Some people, sheesh.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ranked game, we are ahead by a good margin. At one point, we kind of start losing a bit, and do a minor throw. Warwick and Kayle start going at each other about why not going for inhib tower and going for a T2 turret. WW says "afk farming gg wp". Like I swear, we are ahead and a little bad play makes you rage that bad? Sometimes I hate playing this game just because of those people. Thank God he actually didn't fuck around, we went and pushed/dived mid and won from there. Some people, sheesh.
sometimes people sound like they're just looking for a reason, any reason to rage

like that's the real game for them

Edwardo

On a nice winstreak in ranked. Been running with Cait, Leona, and a few different toplaners. Hopefully I can keep this going thru the rest of silver.

CJ Entus vs SK T1 is coming on in a couple hours. I really want to watch it, but i've been up for 22 hours so i'll probably just have to catch the rebroadcast.

Mothman91

On a nice winstreak in ranked. Been running with Cait, Leona, and a few different toplaners. Hopefully I can keep this going thru the rest of silver.

CJ Entus vs SK T1 is coming on in a couple hours. I really want to watch it, but i've been up for 22 hours so i'll probably just have to catch the rebroadcast.
Good heads up, is this the non circuit point season or the circuit point one?

Edwardo

Ya I believe they just finished the qualifiers for champions spring. I'm not sure when it actually starts but I want to say it's soon-ish.

Have they done any professional matches with Casper yet?

I haven't seen all their Masters matches, so I'm not sure. The ones I did see, though, they were being disappointingly stuffed-shirt about it all; no team-mixing, no subs, all straight-laced and "here to win". None of the Annie-Brand bot lanes and subs-only mixed teams I've come to expect from Masters.

Which is kind of nice, but I wish it was the loser teams bringing their A-game and SKT trolling so it was actually more even. Running the World Champion roster in 2 of the 3 games in a match is really just brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom