• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
to be honest I really hope they don't make grago into a bruiser. like, take all the weird things away like the as debuff and % damage reduction if you want, but keep him a mage

Mothman91

Gonna try out Maokai atleast once again with the spirit stone buff, see how he is.

Also wished they added a gain % mana on his passive also.

I think when it goes live I'm going to do at least a once-over with all the potential junglers to see where their viability sits right now. I have a feeling there are a lot of gems that people are overlooking in their rush to get those Vi-Panth-Kha picks in.

Hell, even just starting from the top, I really can't believe no one's trying Aatrox. If I ever had one complaint about him in the jungle it's that he should've been a carry jungler and not a tank. Give me a Lulu mid and I bet I can get some height out of those tattered wings.

Einbroch

Banned
well jungled in ranked for the first time. on promos, even

didn't go so good

jungling is so fucking boring, jeez

I feel bad, but whenever I play ranked I always say anything but jungle. I don't care where I go, just don't stick me with ZzZzzZzzZzzjungle.

You have to think of jungling as being like Kira vs. L in Death Note.
So, yes, completely tedious.

It's all about Yomi Layers, all about predicting positions based on limited information, trying to get into the head of the enemy jungler and then one step out in front. It's a battle of wits. And sometimes a battle of wills against your laners who fuck up your intricately planned game of cat-and-mouse by YOLO diving in lane or getting caught out trying to drop a deep jungle ward.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I did pretty ok for the little I've jungled. I must've played jungle like less than ten times in my life.

I mean you know from the get go you're going down if you have a premade botlane and a leblanc that picks into morgana.

I just find it hard to concentrate, I don't really think while jungling, just go wherever based on whatever.

tbh I should've played elise rather than jarvan, or at least build full damage like I do when I play him mid.

at least that would've been fun form e

Mothman91

I think I did pretty ok for the little I've jungled. I must've played jungle like less than ten times in my life.

I mean you know from the get go you're going down if you have a premade botlane and a leblanc that picks into morgana.

I just find it hard to concentrate, I don't really think while jungling, just go wherever based on whatever.

tbh I should've played elise rather than jarvan, or at least build full damage like I do when I play him mid.

at least that would've been fun form e

Jarvan is ok, but if you had Elise or one of the other top tier junglers on the table, should've picked them instead of J4.

I'm more of the "follow what everyone else is doing" type of person, and it usually helps. Definitely in the jungle it works for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Jarvan is ok, but if you had Elise or one of the other top tier junglers on the table, should've picked them instead of J4.

I'm more of the "follow what everyone else is doing" type of person, and it usually helps. Definitely in the jungle it works for me.
yea I didn't know I was jungle because people didn't say anything and had annie picked and all and then support duo locked leona because apparently neither of them could jungle so I just grabbed what first went through my mind

ofc the last pick goes sivir into jinx-lulu and then whines because she can't cs because there's too much poke :p

I guess this is the famed jungler feeling of "ALL MY LANES ARE FEEDING"

at least I ceremoniously gave my midlaner all blue buffs for her to throw them away like god meant it

It's fine to follow the crowd if you're mostly just interested in concentrating on in-game play/counter-play. I mean, I obviously like the strategic layer of the game a lot, so I put a lot of time into team compositions, counter-picking, and general theorycrafting, but I know a lot of people I play with really just want a champion that will be generally good they can take into lane and fight with. Nothing wrong with that.

The popular picks are usually pretty good if you want something that's almost guaranteed to work. It might not be the best, but it should at least get you to the part of the game you want to play without having to worry too much about the part you don't.

(If you want to play jungle as a non-strategic role you should probably focus on picking hard-farming junglers, though. Grab someone who can just mow through camps 24/7 rather than a ganking jungler like Jarvan.)

zkylon

zkylewd
yea I mean I just picked whatever and played whatever, I mean if this weren't in my promos I probably wouldn't care.

I'm surprised so many people choose into this role

Mothman91

Definitely like the Dorans Shield nerf, although I get it on every champion besides Jax, even though I get it on him time to time depending on the matchup. I also usually go double Dorans Blade for some survivability on Jax because I usually double dip on BotRK and TF(I usually get Sheen first on TF)

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
With the corki buff, all hail yordles!

lol_last_yordle_dinner_of_the_year_by_albaharu-d4k2hc3.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
Nobody who is smart is going to give up the final form ancient coin. If anything, we might see some supports start a different item, sell it, and go for coin like some do now. You still lose out on gold by doing this, but if you want a hard bully lane it's somewhat viable.

I like Kennen a lot but he is a giant asshole and that makes me at least partially an asshole as well.
Game needs more asshole champions or kits centered around lame. Disheartening to see Teemo get a significant nerf.

With the additional changes to the spirit stone and support items I hope Riot is almost done with the system balancing and can move onto balancing the champions themselves.
Spirit Stone nerf is only a "nerf" for single-target clear, if you're using a decent amount of AoE clear it actually levels off more or less. Pantheon and Kha should be okay (one Heartseeker/Void Spikes per 3+ creep camp evens you out), and in theory champions who rely almost entirely on AoE clear (Jungle Gragas) should come out a little bit ahead.

Oddly, it mostly just makes the Wight and Double Golems very slightly less attractive and "hurts" the largely non-existent single target clear junglers. (Shaco, I guess?)
"These [Spirit Stone changes] are just some general tweaks to promote a wider variety of junglers."

All the while conveniently ignoring that Wriggles has been left untouched ever since the pre-season, whereas the Spirit Stone tree was fine (excluding the AP upgrade) from the get-go even with some flaws Riot decided to address by now.

Blizzard

Banned
yea I mean I just picked whatever and played whatever, I mean if this weren't in my promos I probably wouldn't care.

I'm surprised so many people choose into this role
You're using the weird xcloser-style sentence structure (period on the first sentence, but not on the second, capital letter on the second sentence, but not the first), so I'm not sure if you are partially joking.

If you are serious in your jungle posts though, I would respectfully suggest that you are expressing a very weird attitude, especially for ranked promos games. Yes, playing certain roles takes concentration, but if you do not want to concentrate, why are you playing ranked (or ranked promos) to begin with? Where you go as jungler, what you do as jungler, who you play for a jungler, and when you do it are all involved questions that entail practice, a lot of knowledge, and reactions to the current situation.

You seem to be fine with reacting to a situation, but the odd "eh whatever" and "too boring" kind of attitude you are expressing seems strange for a competitive mode. There are probably good junglers in the thread who would be willing to give some advice if you are interested in the complexities, but it probably will require concentration. :p

drawkcaB

All the while conveniently ignoring that Wriggles has been left untouched ever since the pre-season, whereas the Spirit Stone tree was fine (excluding the AP upgrade) from the get-go even with some flaws Riot decided to address by now.

Wriggle's balance is tied to the upgrade Riot still intends to release...at some point, I guess.

Boken

Banned
random kassa nerfs are alright I guess

I think if he's just one or two patches away from release they should just disable and allow purple side to get their three bans
ppl are just blindly banning him at this point anyway. they need to get the point
Rushing Frost Queen’s Claim on GP so hard now.
support... gp?
well jungled in ranked for the first time. on promos, even

didn't go so good

jungling is so fucking boring, jeez
u guys just need to get in on the jungle evelynn action. its so fun
Wriggle's balance is tied to the upgrade Riot still intends to release...at some point, I guess.

im pretty sure the extra big changes are waiting for the end of spring split (runes, items)

no amount of corki buffs is gonna make up for how shitty his Q feels now

Neat, Nocturne got nerfed. Because he clearly needed it. Thanks, Riot!

-Noc player

theyre just normalising terrify effects :/
it now acts similiar to hecarim terror - you can run in front of them to fear them into your team if youre so inclined.

I gotta buy Heimer before the short Team Builder beta hits live. I want to practice mid, but I dont want to go through the stress of claiming mid in champ select only to not get it and have to play something else.

Neat, Nocturne got nerfed. Because he clearly needed it. Thanks, Riot!

-Noc player

I didn't get this nerf either. made no sense to me.. since he's not even one of the junglers that being spam.. aka VI, Wu, Pantheon, and of course Elise.

Has J4 even been played in either LCS this season? He like just died with S4... =(

zkylon

zkylewd
You're using the weird xcloser-style sentence structure (period on the first sentence, but not on the second, capital letter on the second sentence, but not the first), so I'm not sure if you are partially joking.

If you are serious in your jungle posts though, I would respectfully suggest that you are expressing a very weird attitude, especially for ranked promos games. Yes, playing certain roles takes concentration, but if you do not want to concentrate, why are you playing ranked (or ranked promos) to begin with? Where you go as jungler, what you do as jungler, who you play for a jungler, and when you do it are all involved questions that entail practice, a lot of knowledge, and reactions to the current situation.

You seem to be fine with reacting to a situation, but the odd "eh whatever" and "too boring" kind of attitude you are expressing seems strange for a competitive mode. There are probably good junglers in the thread who would be willing to give some advice if you are interested in the complexities, but it probably will require concentration. :p
because I've played like 400 ranked games since s2 and haven't jungled once yo, so wtf do I care if I tank one game every so many if it's not my goal to play this shitty role

like if I'm forced to do it well I'd love to win my promos but whatever if you want a good jungler maybe don't instalock since I went out of my way to say "hey dudettes, preferably mid or support".

like tbh the sivir did worse than I did and she got her role so #werth am i rite ;)

edit: if I don't get mid it's ok I'll fill every role even jungle and if I lose (unless it's promos where winning and losing is worth the same) I don't really give a shit since hey I'm stuck with this and I'll just maybe win the next time I get my role. won't really feed or anything and I'll do my best but won't really care either as there's only so much tryharding you can do with shit you don't know how to do properly. specially jungle since I don't like it

zkylon

zkylewd
ppl are just blindly banning him at this point anyway. they need to get the point
yeah like my friend just played against a kassadin (for some reason at his elo susan is banned 100% of the times even if it means kass goes through) and the dude ended up 1 9 1.

like if you let him through half the times I reckon you might get a shitty ass adc that says OH EM GEE HES OPEN and will do terribly with him

it's just that when you read gg in champion select you know your team's going down

Rhaxas

Seems like if you want to win nowadays in soloq you gotta duo, otherwise you're just playing to improve your skills by playing solo.

The past few weeks have been painful, you give people a 100% won lane, and they still manage to make terrible decisions and throw their lead.

Newt

Seems like if you want to win nowadays in soloq you gotta duo, otherwise you're just playing to improve your skills by playing solo.

The past few weeks have been painful, you give people a 100% won lane, and they still manage to make terrible decisions and throw their lead.
Duo queue is like 30% harder than solo q, imo.

Nekofrog

Banned
Duo queue is like 30% harder than solo q, imo.

Statistically speaking, you're right.

But going into a game with the mindset that you can trust your friend to not be make awful decisions to throw games is a godsend. You can always be outplayed, but as long as you play smart, that's just one less thing to have to worry about when compared to the randomness of solo q.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea I usually get better results when playing on my own

there was a time when me and my friend would get mid and jungle respectively every game and he'd just camp me and win me my lane every game and that was great but it doesn't happen again so often

brian!

yeah i usually do better solo 2, tho I don't think it has to do with the other players in the game
just for some reason I personally play better solo q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom