• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Yes, late game and team fights are another matter, and it will depend on your team composition which one is optimal. Leona is good at initiating, which is often relegated to the support role in the current meta, so it is definitely a solid pick. If you need peel for a high priority target, Lulu will perform better than Leona.

I was talking mainly about the laning phase, as that was what the discussion before was about.

garath

Watching SirhcEz play Velkoz. Low mana costs, high damage. Who needs mobility when you can melt things. Pretty cool. Looks like a good mid champ.

edit:

Looks like I might be a mumble lady for a bit. Have some new headphones on the way. Went with the Philips X1. Just kept hearing so many great things about it. No mic on it for now. Eventually I'll get the v-moda boom mic but for now.... I dunno, maybe I'll put the old headset around my neck, or try my USB camera mic. We'll see.

I really don't feel like spending more right now so I'll have to live with what I've got.

He's a lot of fun.

But yeah he would have a hard time against assassins. The hope is that you do so much damage that you can kill them before they kill you or hopefully one for one at the least.

Like I would hesitate picking him into Vi or Panth etc.

even mid assassins could destroy him

It depends. Like he could probably bully them enough to win the laning phase. Not sure though.

If you're talking LeBlanc, yeah she's probably destroy him. Maybe Yasuo. But other melee assassins like Zed etc. would probably have a hard time against Vel'Koz early.

Of course this is all just based off what i've played on the PBE, I'll give him a try on Live later.

garath

Well the Khazix nerfs are pretty hard hitting but I'll still play him. I liked him in Season 3. I was one of the few. Hopefully it tones down the craze.

The Q nerf is hard hitting but that E nerf is brutal.

Well the Khazix nerfs are pretty hard hitting but I'll still play him. I liked him in Season 3. I was one of the few. Hopefully it tones down the craze.

The Q nerf is hard hitting but that E nerf is brutal.

aye, losing 0.6 AD ratio is going overboard if you ask me. For an assassin he needs to have the damage to kill people, it seems like a lot of damage to be chopping off.

Newt

Ez is really good at following up on Leona's engages because of his mobility and early game burst. he has a really easy time of utilising Leona's passive too. He can also poke people down really well so Leona engages can guarantee a kill.

It's just a pretty terrifying lane combo to play against. It's why most LCS teams will lane swap so they don't have to deal with the Leona Ezreal lane.
1797480_881484965211099_1264800178_n.jpg

Yes, lulu support, during laning phase, before the dorans shield nerfs. I haven't played the match up on the new patch yet.

I'm not saying Leona is a bad support, I'm just saying she has a weak laning phase unless her opponents are really bad at positioning. Leona is my most played support this season, followed by thresh and lulu.

This is absolutely right, but in the silver shitters no one can grasp this concept. The amount of times my ADC will come floating over to me for 'protection' is stupid. I explain to them don't group near each other so we're both not A.) rooted by her E as she uses me to pass to you and B.) so we both don't fall victim to her ult. Do they listen? Ofc not.

Lulu on the other hand will suffer just as much with the Doran's nerf. Taking it pre-nerf then AA the enemy carry was sheer gold. Leona comes out to harass, no doubt after being bollocked off the ADC, and you just float back off - rinse and repeat. The enmy ADC can't AA you because they'll miss CS and any attacks they did do had 0 damage anyway.

In all honesty the reason I think Leona is the best is because she's reliable pretty much all game both due to her inherit kit and the baddies who play the game. With confidence, I'd rather play Zyra and Lulu over Thresh, Leona and Nami. I haven't tried Annie support but if I go Zyra bot versus Annie my lane is the only one winning.

Quinn top just seems like a gimped version of Quinn ADC. Like you lose so much damage building something like BotRK.
Then don't build Blade of the Ruined King because BoRK rush on Quinn sucks. She won't have much trouble keeping most melee champions behind including the likes of Renekton during the laning phase, so build some items on her that actually considerably up her damage.

Leona is such horseshit. Fucking worse than Annie.
Pick Alistar, Janna or Lulu if you're facing her as a support.

now what I would want is rather than buffs, reworks. rework sona, rework soraka, rework taric, rework alistar and rework blitz.
Alistar and Taric are confirmed for yet another rework, actually.

Trundle picked. Hype.
In before that fool build Sunfire Cape + BoRK (against a team he can't auto-attack for very long) again without thinking about why this is far from optimal, just because he saw other teams do it.

BotRK rush is pretty good on mid assassin Quinn.

BotRK -> Shiv > Ghostblade -> LW -> IE

So much damage. Insta-burst potential on squishies.

Otherwise I would go BT first any day of the week.

Nekofrog

Banned
I like getting an early brutalizer on Quinn top against specific champions (Renekton/Shy mostly). It makes those Valor marked autos HUUUUUUUUUUURT.

Vel'Koz's mana costs are TOO DAMN LOW. Played a bot game, and watched numerous streams of him being played in real games. I was (and the streamers were) able to just spam abilities sans blue buff and never go OOM, while say a poor Ziggs was OOM after a few abilities.

garath

I like getting an early brutalizer on Quinn top against specific champions (Renekton/Shy mostly). It makes those Valor marked autos HUUUUUUUUUUURT.

Vel'Koz's mana costs are TOO DAMN LOW. Played a bot game, and watched numerous streams of him being played in real games. I was (and the streamers were) able to just spam abilities sans blue buff and never go OOM, while say a poor Ziggs was OOM after a few abilities.

I rush hurricane

Type2

Them are fighting words. You concede that lulu is stronger than Leona, then?
When playing Leona first got big again she dumpstered Annie. Now if you're a seasoned support playing that matchup is about even. There is absolutely room for both to make plays/out okay eachother.
it's far from the "wanna shit on Annie. Pick Leona" that it was a few months ago.

The morgana into Annie seems to go well.
Alistar vs Leona is solid but the person who enages first losses the trade most of the time.

I can't wait to play with spellthief ... I almost wish shurelias wasn't a gp item so it wasn't must have.

garath

When playing Leona first got big again she dumpstered Annie. Now if you're a seasoned support playing that matchup is about even. There is absolutely room for both to make plays/out okay eachother.
it's far from the "wanna shit on Annie. Pick Leona" that it was a few months ago.

The morgana into Annie seems to go well.
Alistar vs Leona is solid but the person who enages first losses the trade most of the time.

I can't wait to play with spellthief ... I almost wish shurelias wasn't a gp item so it wasn't must have.

I want to play morg support if anything. She's got the tools to counter quite a bit of the popular support picks right now with some skilled play.

Type2

I want to play morg support if anything. She's got the tools to counter quite a bit of the popular support picks right now with some skilled play.
I will say that currently I am no expert with her but I'm working on getting my Janna and morg up to strength.
The shield is extremely clutch if you have the reflexes for it that's her most important skill. The snare is easiest to hit on the incoming support engage or ability animation of the adc.

She's taking some time for me to adapt to in solo Que because of the adc I lane with. Example if they constantly escape Annie stuns on their own and I black shield ... That CD is down so long that they can go ham. It's the miscommunication of abilities that I have trouble with when playing with randoms.
That said once I play her enough and worry more about players body language than landing my skills I'll be good.

Edwardo

LCS will be starting a half hour earlier due to the addition to a pre-show

t1393522200z1.png

Alliance vs Fnatic
SK Gaming vs Supa Hot Crew
Millenium vs Gambit Gaming
Roccat vs Copenhagen Wolves

EU Challenger Series 2 Play-In Begins Today
(12 - EUW)Steve Bakes Cookies vs (2- EUW)The Fox Sound
(8 - EUW)n!faculty vs (18 - EUW)Reason Gaming

Week 7 Power Rankings

EU LCS Week 7 Preview

The Breakdown: Millenium vs Alliance

Light At the End of the Tunnel - Fnatic and their Fans

Kerp the Underdog

How to Watch
Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

drawkcaB

The main strategy for winning against Leona is to exploit her abysmal lvl 1. Just harass them (mostly the adc, but also Leona if you can't hit the adc) so hard they simply cannot all in you at level 2. If they cannot do that, then you can simply keep up the harass. Leona is completely useless when it's impossible for her to win an all in. Even if they go heal, they will be behind and you can keep on punishing, even if you need to position differently.
I'm not saying Leona is a bad support, I'm just saying she has a weak laning phase unless her opponents are really bad at positioning. Leona is my most played support this season, followed by thresh and lulu.

Now, Leona is better at setting up ganks from the jungle than lulu, so warding is extremely important.

Agreed. Once I learned to play the lane aggressively at level 1 Leona became much easier to manage. Smack her with AAs and a spell or two, AA minions here and there to ensure an earlier level 2, which then almost always means an earlier level 3 even if I stop helping my ADC push. Just keep up the pressure from there.

And yeah, Lulu is amazing vs. Leona. Aggression is key again. The second I see Zenith blade come out I'm positioning the get the opposing ADC polymorphed. A glitterlance and a few AAs after that the opposing duo almost always backs off because the trade has already become lopsided.

Ocho

The magic of Leona is that even if the lane is even or you are being pushed, once you hit the magic 6, jungle can 100% kill gank. I admit I've lost to Leonas past 6 because we get too cocky when we are 1-3 kills ahead. In the end, what matters is that you get to mid game for the ult combo wombos, and that is why she is extremely strong.

Edwardo

Why did they say in the patch notes that vel'koz is in the patch but would be released later. But they ended up releasing him now.

Why did they say in the patch notes that vel'koz is in the patch but would be released later. But they ended up releasing him now.

because if they said he would release with the patch and something went wrong, people would moan that he wasn't out.

Covering themselves in case something breaks and they couldn't push him live with the patch.

Ferrio

Banned
Yes, but you had to have signed up for a trial account last weekend. :(

Well actually no. The download link won't show up now even if you have the trial... you'd have to wait till friday. And ya... they stopped accepting trial submissions. I'm sure keys will start coming a lot more frequent after this slew of trial accounts.

Ferrio

Banned
Well I did sign up when someone here mentioned it. I think that was last week(?)

I only got 1 email and that was the if you play this weekend you get closed access.

Well tonight at midnight you can log in and download the clientt. It was about a gig. I'm not sure if you can access the download now... I know that there's no way to navigate to it through their website... so unless someone has a direct link to it.

garath

Well actually no. The download link won't show up now even if you have the trial... you'd have to wait till friday. And ya... they stopped accepting trial submissions. I'm sure keys will start coming a lot more frequent after this slew of trial accounts.

Ah gotcha. I kind of figured that when I signed up for it. The download page popped immediately and I was wondering if I'd be able to get back to it or not so I downloaded it right then.

garath

Sivir is getting a ton of pro play lately. I liked her the few times I randomed her. Should she be a must play right now or just stick to Jinx/Lucian/Varus?

I'm still pretty average in the adc role but I enjoy it and I'm getting better. I think it's a decent second role for me.

Sivir is getting a ton of pro play lately. I liked her the few times I randomed her. Should she be a must play right now or just stick to Jinx/Lucian/Varus?

I'm still pretty average in the adc role but I enjoy it and I'm getting better. I think it's a decent second role for me.
She can be pretty devastating in specific comps. I'd say she's worth learning more than Varus.

Mothman91

Lately? You mean for a while, her and Lucian are probably most 2 picked ADC in LCS.
Edit: I might be wrong , I definitely know Lucian is top 2, the other one could be Jinx or Caitlyn.

Ferrio

Banned
Lately? You mean for a while, her and Lucian are probably most 2 picked ADC in LCS.

I played lucien first time yesterday in an aram... bet my team thought I was braindead. I missed my ult so many times... hell one time in a big teamfight I shot backwards.......

She has the highest win % in LCS IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom