• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

She has the highest win % in LCS IIRC.

Yeah. Just wondering how that translates into solo queue. Still good there or mostly a coordinated team comp pick.

She can be pretty devastating in specific comps. I'd say she's worth learning more than Varus.

I love Varus. Been playing him awhile. He and Jinx have been my go to adc picks for S4.

I played lucien first time yesterday in an aram... bet my team thought I was braindead. I missed my ult so many times... hell one time in a big teamfight I shot backwards.......

Lol. I know that feel. I was playing a GAF game as Lucian. Was bot with Achtius I believe. We saw an Akali or something coming from mid, knew we could kill her easy when she came into tribrush, landed the CC and I culled, like 30 degrees too far to the right. Missed the entire ult and gave up a double kill. Whoops.

The range of it is pretty good and with a BT it hurts. Just only get one chance to aim it lol..

Ez is really good at following up on Leona's engages because of his mobility and early game burst. he has a really easy time of utilising Leona's passive too. He can also poke people down really well so Leona engages can guarantee a kill.

I just dunno why you'd call out Ezreal for this when Lucian does the same thing with dramatically higher front-end burst, especially at Lv1-5. Ezreal is like babbeh's first version of the Leona kill lane combo. The only advantage Ez has is pretty hair.

Burt

Yeah. Just wondering how that translates into solo queue. Still good there or mostly a coordinated team comp pick.
Translates just fine. She has a very easy and fairly safe laning phase with her pushing ability, spell shield to handle CC, and movement speed in case of emergency. I won't say that you'll be blocking Annie ults left and right, but Leona, Thresh, and Morgana ults are a piece of cake to nullify, and you shouldn't have a hard time shielding the rest of their CC either.

If your solo queue team can't capitalize on her ults, there's either something wrong with how you're using them or else I doubt you were on a team of winners anyway. And as for the teamfights themselves? Well, I don't think they need too much explaining, just kill everything at the same time.

re: Fiora, CertainlyT was posting on the NA forums about champion balance etc., and he commented on Fiora, and basically what I've been saying for quite a while.

CertainlyT said:
Take Fiora. If you cannot win with Fiora, that's likely because you are playing her wrong. Is that your fault? Not really. We defined her as a top lane duelist, but in reality she functions as an assassin with subsequent cleanup potential and tends to be most effective in mid lane. This is a difficult problem to solve: "cannot lose 1v1" is not a fantasy we can fulfill on a kit with three enemy targeted dashes; "Demacian anti-mage assassin" is not a fantasy we can fulfill without radically transforming her entire theme.

I think more and more people are going to pick her up in the mid lane and have a lot of success.

Einbroch

Banned
re: Fiora, CertainlyT was posting on the NA forums about champion balance etc., and he commented on Fiora, and basically what I've been saying for quite a while.

I think more and more people are going to pick her up in the mid lane and have a lot of success.

Every time Fiora gets mentioned I get a little happy and a little sad. Happy that she's seen as potentially good, sad because she may get nerfed. She's tricky to balance.

I'm okay with them not delivering on the "cannot lose 1v1" Fiora fantasy since they over-delivered on my inappropriate student-teacher relations Fiora fantasy.

Every time Fiora gets mentioned I get a little happy and a little sad. Happy that she's seen as potentially good, sad because she may get nerfed. She's tricky to balance.

Yeah, I've become scared of my favourite champions hitting competitive play and getting nerfed. At the same time, I really hate the narrative that people think Fiora's a shit champion, with most of them not even giving her a try or really thinking about why she isn't good. Just a lot of "well everyone thinks she's shit so she must be" style reasoning.

Like if half the people who think Fiora is a sub-par champion took the time to learn her, I guarantee they wouldn't be saying that. She's really scary in the mid lane right now. Might even break her out against the new Vel'Koz players.

did you even read what he wrote?

Of course. He's saying that there are some issues with how her kit works that can make her difficult to balance one way or the other and they messaged her theme/gameplay style wrong. He also identified that she's not unviable as people think, and that she can function well in the mid lane as an assassin with clean up potential. All of which is true. All of which I've been saying for a while.

Did I indicate thinking something else?

garath

Translates just fine. She has a very easy and fairly safe laning phase with her pushing ability, spell shield to handle CC, and movement speed in case of emergency. I won't say that you'll be blocking Annie ults left and right, but Leona, Thresh, and Morgana ults are a piece of cake to nullify, and you shouldn't have a hard time shielding the rest of their CC either.

If your solo queue team can't capitalize on her ults, there's either something wrong with how you're using them or else I doubt you were on a team of winners anyway. And as for the teamfights themselves? Well, I don't think they need too much explaining, just kill everything at the same time.

Pretty much what I figured. Good stuff. I'll be giving her more time for sure.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Of course. He's saying that there are some issues with how her kit works that can make her difficult to balance one way or the other and they messaged her theme/gameplay style wrong. He also identified that she's not unviable as people think, and that she can function well in the mid lane as an assassin with clean up potential. All of which is true. All of which I've been saying for a while.

Did I indicate thinking something else?
It sounded more like they don''t know what to do with her to me. Most lesser played champions are more viable than people think.
All the Fioras I see are still bad though.
I'm not really sure how many good mid lane matchups Fiora really has, and some of her kit feels wasted against mages.

It sounded more like they don''t know what to do with her to me. Most lesser played champions are more viable than people think.
All the Fioras I see are still bad though.
I'm not really sure how many good mid lane matchups Fiora really has, and some of her kit feels wasted against mages.

I do think that's the case, like I said (and have always said) she has some problems with her kit that I'd like ironed out. Riposte scaling off AP, not blocking on-hit damage, lacklustre HP regen passive.

Having said that, she also has incredible amounts of plus sides that people generally ignore. One of the highest on demand attack speed and movement speed boosts in the game that also has a reset mechanic. The ability to nullify an auto or two in a trade, which is huge. Not only one of the best team-wide damaging ults in the game, but I think either joint highest or straight up highest damaging single target ult in the game, certainly at rank 1, even with the damage fall off. Two targeted dashes, etc.

She's incredibly good at harassing and bullying squishy champions.

but yes, there are a lot of bad Fiora players out there, and I don't think I'm particularly great at her, but I do understand her kit more than most, I feel, and have played her a hell of a lot against practically every match-up you can think of.

I would encourage you to try her in the mid lane, I think she has pretty good match-ups against a lot of mid lane mages. If you're good at using her Q, you can avoid damage while returning a lot of damage in exchange either by dashing past stuff or using the small few frames of invuln it has (like really hard to do, but definitely there).

edwardo are you ready to return home

cause its coming

6259-dota2_nottechies.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I would encourage you to try her in the mid lane, I think she has pretty good match-ups against a lot of mid lane mages. If you're good at using her Q, you can avoid damage while returning a lot of damage in exchange either by dashing past stuff or using the small few frames of invuln it has (like really hard to do, but definitely there).
I hope I don't get mid lane. Like usually ever. And I hope I don't feel the need to spend IP on Fiora.

I hope I don't get mid lane. Like usually ever. And I hope I don't feel the need to spend IP on Fiora.

Could jungle her. New elder lizard is pretty good on her. I know Kobe likes jungle Fiora lot.

And the IP is worth it for the accent alone.

----------------------------------------

as an aside, why haven't we gotten a Mitsuru Kirijo style Fiora skin yet?

would give you all my money Rito. all of it

zkylon

zkylewd
Could jungle her. New elder lizard is pretty good on her. I know Kobe likes jungle Fiora lot.

And the IP is worth it for the accent alone.

----------------------------------------

as an aside, why haven't we gotten a Mitsuru Kirijo style Fiora skin yet?

would give you all my money Rito. all of it

I'd buy fiora for that

My main jungler. The patch should make her jungling a bit easier I think too.

Fiora though... man she gets beat up hard in the jungle.

I actually don't expect the Spirit Stone change to help Diana much, but only because by the time she's gotten one she's already one of the most ridiculously efficient junglers in the game. At Spectral Wraith she has essentially unlimited mana and takes no damage when farming jungle camps.

... I just wish I didn't go dry on mana two seconds into a counter-gank or halfway through a team fight. It's easy to forget how ridiculously tiny her mana pool really is when you're getting trololol amounts back off jungle creeps.

drawkcaB

Xypherous said:
It's a difficult thing to work through - mostly because what people expect a jungler to have and do has ballooned incredibly to a set of statistics which is, at best, unfeasible and, at worst, incredibly damaging to the overall game.

There are so many categories that you need to be a good jungler: Clear, Roam, Gank, Farm, Late Utility, Scaling, etc. and people have expected to be powerful in nearly all categories to be "playable" and thus whatever is deemed 'good' in the jungle has to be completely without drawbacks.

The real question to me is what value does variety have - if every junglers output looks the same? If there's no difference in the expectations of what your jungler can and can't do - then essentially you just pick the one with the highest power level in the end. It's a tricky thing to wrap my head around.

At least Riot recognizes the problems with the current jungle. Here's hoping they recognize the genesis of this problem was leaving Lee Sin mostly as-is for as long as they have.

Authority

Banned
I have been feeling really insecure using Zed for a month now.

Every time I have a great score I don't do well as a Zed in team fights. It is not that I think he is useless, but in team fights he doesn't give me the confidence like other champions do.

Any tips?

Not like a counter-counter. The spellshield doesn't stop axes, obviously, so he handles the match-up pretty well, but she can still chew him up with the front-end burst from Boomerang Blade and make CSing a huge pain. It's a pretty even match, and mostly comes down to the supports.

They can start by making her Riposte less finicky before thinking about what direction to take her in. Too many exception cases for it to be a consistent tool against auto-attacks, the opposite of what they've done with Yasuo's wall. Would be cool if for instance you could stun Udyr back if the spell starts taking on-hit effects into account, and I wouldn't mind if they toned the damage down in favor of having a more flexible skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom