• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I played my first game as Vel'Koz last night. Played against a Kennen. Started out pretty strong but Kennen quickly realized his mobility could ruin me. That and their jungler kept ganking.

I liked what I played, though. With proper peel, there's some real potential there for teamfights. I dunno how often he'll be picked in high level competitive play though.

Einbroch

Banned
ibc9RnUtZqSvpL.jpg

imQTgJRdabsVO.png

Blizzard

Banned
kha'zix seems stronger than before.
I think Rex was saying the -100 Q change feels really noticeable in the jungle, you can't solo dragon at level 5 and so forth.

Which part in particular feels stronger to you? The big thing seems to me getting 2 seconds of stealth instead of 1. I usually power up R last though, so maybe I should do it earlier for more benefit...but I feel like you really need powered E for ganks and powered Q for damage. :/

I will probably still keep trying to play him for now.

Overnerfed because someone had to think of the poor, poor AP squishies with Void Staff and Deathcap. Whatever will they do against magic resist.

Reminds me of when they chose to nerf Sion back in the day because "wait a minute, you can't just push waves and start roaming around looking for ganks with mobility boots!" as their official reasoning.

AP Sion needed to be nerfed despite the reasoning. One of the most broken solo que characters ever. He's still pretty dumb.

garath

I think Rex was saying the -100 Q change feels really noticeable in the jungle, you can't solo dragon at level 5 and so forth.

Which part in particular feels stronger to you? The big thing seems to me getting 2 seconds of stealth instead of 1. I usually power up R last though, so maybe I should do it earlier for more benefit...but I feel like you really need powered E for ganks and powered Q for damage. :/

I will probably still keep trying to play him for now.

He loses some solo objective control with the monster damage nerf. He loses some damage to champs through the % health nerf. He loses a sizeable chunk of damage on his E but that was supplemental damage more often than not anyways.

The R change is a buff but I would still not evolve that first or second. He needs Q and E more for laning phase. R is for teamfights.

kha'zix seems stronger than before.

Most people were letting the numbers of his jump scare them, somehow ignoring the fact that he virtually never uses the jump for actual damage rather than getting in/out of position. The only nerf that really mattered was the Q, and while it certainly wasn't insubstantial, it wasn't huge enough to ruin him or anything.

drawkcaB

cant tell wat ur sayim but i think theyve been into shifting power a lot more recently

Which at face value is fine, but shifting power in a blatantly OP champion just makes him a different kind of OP. 'Zix needed straight up damage nerfs, no compensation - power shifting or otherwise- was necessary.

Riot seems to have a real issue with undervaluing the effect stealth has on the current game, as evidenced by the Rengar rework which is close to being a clusterfuck.

Boken

Banned
shh shh guys no nerfs only buffs relax ur gonna turn into the sc2 thread

here i come bearing waifu

league_of_legends___annie_panda_by_xxalisa-d5zgpza.png

league_of_legends___fiora_by_xxalisa-d5zw922.png

league_of_legends___witch_lux_by_xxalisa-d5zgrh0.png

(xxalisa)

never_look_a_tulip_in_the_eye__by_nanghyang-d78asgn.png

nanghyang

league_of_legends___zyra_by_kuropeach-d5ffmtt.jpg

kuropeach

456951.jpg

no idea

Edwardo

So when I play Yasuo, I usualy just go shiv then ie and mix in boots somewhere. What if I went shiv then tf then ie? Would infinity edge be too important to delay?

here i come bearing waifu
Your offer is accepted.
So when I play Yasuo, I usualy just go shiv then ie and mix in boots somewhere. What if I went shiv then tf then ie? Would infinity edge be too important to delay?
TF will delay your other stuff way too long while not increasing your damage that much until you actually finish it. Meanwhile each IE component will give you a reasonable power spike.

After Shiv > IE you can pretty much do whatever though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Which part in particular feels stronger to you?
The part where he kills people.

Blizzard

Banned
The part where he kills people.
I mean, why is killing people stronger now, given the numerical changes? Was garath incorrect? If he is stronger, surely there is a logical reason for it.

He loses some solo objective control with the monster damage nerf. He loses some damage to champs through the % health nerf. He loses a sizeable chunk of damage on his E but that was supplemental damage more often than not anyways.

The R change is a buff but I would still not evolve that first or second. He needs Q and E more for laning phase. R is for teamfights.

AcridMeat

Banned
I played my first game as Vel'Koz last night. Played against a Kennen. Started out pretty strong but Kennen quickly realized his mobility could ruin me. That and their jungler kept ganking.

I liked what I played, though. With proper peel, there's some real potential there for teamfights. I dunno how often he'll be picked in high level competitive play though.
He's super fun, I enjoy playing him, but if you want to win Ahri is still one of the easiest mids ever.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
why are you asking me to explicitly state someone else is wrong? look at the changes and discern their meaning for yourself.

Edwardo

TF will delay your other stuff way too long while not increasing your damage that much until you actually finish it. Meanwhile each IE component will give you a reasonable power spike.

After Shiv > IE you can pretty much do whatever though.

Sounds good, that's what I usually do.

Edwardo

Gangplank is really, really fun if people allow you to do your thing.

I was against a Pantheon, and I thought I was in trouble so I ended up going cloth + 3 reds + 2 blues to start. Our Lee Sin ganked for me a couple times so I was able to get ahead of the Panth and keep on farmin. Gangplank's auto attacks are great early on and so many lane opponents don't realize it until it's too late.

Einbroch

Banned
I enjoy playing GP and watching the opposing top slowly descend into madness.

"Wow this is easy. GP is farming under tower."
"Why is he healing so much? Well, whatever, I'm up on CS."
"Got the turret, gg ez."
"Wtf how did GP get a triple kill? Doesn't matter, I dominated him in la-HOLY SHIT THE CRITS"
"Oh God please leave me alone I didn't mean it."
DEFEAT

drawkcaB

Friends. The time has come. Maokai buffs on the PBE. Still don't think this will put Maokai in a good place, he needs some actually changes to his skills, IMO. Oh and Nautilus, which is nice, but what he could really use is improvements to his Q that make it a better early game damage vs. monsters and escape tool for when he gets counterjungled.

Also not a fan of the Annie changes, even though I neither play her support or mid. The most annoying aspect for me when playing her in either is her zoning potential when her passive it up.

Stone Ocean said:
Nerfs for support Annie that buffs mid Annie? Riot making changes that are ideal? What's the catch?

Well, it does hurt her in the mid because she needs 250+ AP to benefit from the changes, but at the same time Annie needs to make an impact before that point either in her own lane or roaming. At least they didn't go all Zyra on her mid lane game and force her to build something stupid like 400+ AP before breaking even.

Disintegrate (Q) breaks even at 50/100/150/200/250 AP.
Incinerate (W) breaks even at 100/150/200/250/300 AP.
Summon Tibbers (R) breaks even at 250AP.
Mid Annie will probably be terrifying.
Well, it does hurt her in the mid because she needs 250+ AP to benefit from the changes, but at the same time Annie needs to make an impact before that point either in her own lane or roaming. At least they didn't go all Zyra on her mid lane game and force her to build something stupid like 400+ AP before breaking even.
She needs more than 250 AP to benefit when her skills are at rank 5. Mid Annie will keep up with the AP necessary to break even considering she'll probably always rush Deathcap. By the time she hits level 9~11 she should easily have around 250 AP.

The only actual nerf to mid Annie is 35 less damage on her level 6 burst - you'll have more than 50 AP by then so Q will have broken even at rank 1.

But if they actually live through 35 damage from Annie's burst at 6 you don't deserve the kill.
Fuck that, I'm seeing 1100+ average gold returns from Frostfang line. I've just needed an excuse for AP Carry Support Annie, let the true reign of terror begin.
Pls no don't get her nerfed again

I'm gonna do it! I had a game earlier where I backed with 1800 gold and I remember thinking, "I should get a Needlessly Large Rod instead of finishing this Mikhael's." I knew I should've trusted my instincts. Carry Annie Support!

zkylon

zkylewd
The only actual nerf to mid Annie is 35 less damage on her level 6 burst - you'll have more than 50 AP by then so Q will have broken even at rank 1.

But if they actually live through 35 damage from Annie's burst at 6 you don't deserve the kill.
I'm not sure but I think you have 44 ap unless you're running ap/lvl, which isn't super uncommon but it's still not ideal. and all your backs before 200~ ap will be weaker, even if slightly so. at like 500 ap you have like 75 more damage per combo.

it's a straight nerf for mid-lane annie, and I guess I don't really mind because I don't play her anymore but there's no way I'm seeing this as a buff.

Mothman91

I'm gonna do it! I had a game earlier where I backed with 1800 gold and I remember thinking, "I should get a Needlessly Large Rod instead of finishing this Mikhael's." I knew I should've trusted my instincts. Carry Annie Support!
I would to this too, no shame in that.

Also: small Maokai buffs but he spams his spells, hopefully they add a mana gain to his passive.

Edit: anyone try out Strife? Forgot who was the one that told us in here about it and the beta this weekend if you play.

garath

Queuing up for ranked. People already being annoying in chat. Half the guys want jungle and I'm last pick. I feel a loss coming. :(

Type2

I'm very happy with the reduced CD on nauts W. It helps a lot with early clears and mana management since he does no dmg without it. Might even try running some cdr to make his mid game pretty great. After you grab golem you get a nice spike.

garath

It was good today until school got out. Then all the crybabies came out to play.

For serious. I have no idea how we won that game. There was SO much raging in my team. SO MUCH. And we won with our nexus at 50hp, aced them, ran to their base and won. It was such an incredibly stupid game.

But yay support Annie. Spellthief is actually pretty damn good on her now. I got like 1600 gold from it.

Tizoc

iIa1lIfRMrEuj.png

Aww but I was just getting started!
The Aatrox and Yi were pushing strong at top, Taric came in later and help score a kill on one of them. i eventually managed to take down the upper turret then joined in the mid to push from there.

We managed to get a few kills and reach the mid inhibitor's turret.
Funny thing happened here: Ash, Garen and another player WENT INTO THE INHIBITOR AREA and defeated one or two champs, I kept hacking at the turret with the minions.

By the 20th minute the opposing team called it quits, just as I was starting to have fun =(

EDIT: Holy shit 22 kills by Katarina, she's too OP, girl needs nerfs man...

Also, magic resist counters Katarina right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom