• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
put rp on my second account so i could cheat the system and buy vel'koz for 440rp.

forgot that you need to be level 20 to gift. :(

Qualified for promo series for gold 5. Not going to start the games tonight with the servers the way they are in OCE atm (just had a game where i hitched up in every teamfight and was 3-10 with zed mid, but we won so w/e). Attempt one of many I'm sure.

The trick is going to be getting jungle in as many promo games as possible. Too often I get into promo series off the back of good jungle play and then get forced into support and top for every game.

zkylon

zkylewd
tried the spellthief line with annie, didn't care much for it tbh. like it gives A LOT of gold (I got 1.7k by the end of a 40 minute game) but the active feels really useless, specially on annie that loves shurelya's so much.

I'll prolly try it on sona but I'm not a fan from my first try

Qualified for promo series for gold 5. Not going to start the games tonight with the servers the way they are in OCE atm (just had a game where i hitched up in every teamfight and was 3-10 with zed mid, but we won so w/e). Attempt one of many I'm sure.

The trick is going to be getting jungle in as many promo games as possible. Too often I get into promo series off the back of good jungle play and then get forced into support and top for every game.

I went 0-2 in my promo for gold...

then 3 STRAIGHT.

IM GOLD BITCHES! (Does this mean I don't really suck at this game, and just kind of suck?)

Boken

Banned
tried the spellthief line with annie, didn't care much for it tbh. like it gives A LOT of gold (I got 1.7k by the end of a 40 minute game) but the active feels really useless, specially on annie that loves shurelya's so much.

its too slowwww

and it doesnt even leave a field

and the range is tiny

so bad

Blizzard

Banned
lucianbqjry.png

This may have been the first or second time I ever tried Lucian. This was a 23-minute ARAM tonight so I guess he's free week. It turns out he's actually a lot of fun, even though I face-dashed the opposite direction I wanted like 4 times, and missed a bunch of ults.

I didn't know what to build on him and he seems to have fewer suggested items than other champions. I rushed triforce and built AD. Fortunately I guess there was not too much armor or I would have needed last whisper instead of IE or something. I think IE was the last big item I had, and I was going to do the QSS sword for the final one instead of arpen.

Leezard

I found it completely redundant on Lulu, but it's really useful on Morgana. Slowing them for a near guaranteed binding is all right.

I went 0-2 in my promo for gold...

then 3 STRAIGHT.

IM GOLD BITCHES! (Does this mean I don't really suck at this game, and just kind of suck?)

Grats. You can look at your stats relative to other people here: http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings/euw
(choose you region)

zkylon

zkylewd
its too slowwww

and the range is tiny

so bad
yeah it's pretty underwhelming, at least the range and the field thing should be changed and probably make the area bigger

like if you hadn't have to weight this against shurelya's maybe but it's garbage in comparison

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
its too slowwww

and the range is tiny

so bad
the gold gains you get off spellthief items is the appeal. i can really feel it when i use it. sold it late in this game but yeah:
spellthief still has its passive damage. the active doesn't need to be amazing, but it's good for landing certain skillshots.

its too slowwww

and the range is tiny

so bad

Not half as bad as the new Relic Shield line. Total bin material.

The UI team forgot to remove the 'Bonus Kill Gold' counter from it, so it just sits there at 0 for the entire game, rubbing salt in the wound.

Boken

Banned
the gold gains you get off spellthief items is the appeal. i can really feel it when i use it. sold it late in this game but yeah:

yeah im thinking of never upgrading it to frost queens claim

it makes nearly twice as much as ancient coin does after regular laning. idk if this is good or bad :/

you basically get half a wave worth of cs every 30s. some adc cant even make that.

the bonus damage washing showing up for me though, is this happening to anybody else?

Nekofrog

Banned
League of Legends |OT6| corkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorkicorki

zkylon

zkylewd

yeah that's true, but to me that thing of buying like relic shield then selling it for shurelyas always felt wrong. same here, buying an item for the gold generation if you're gonna sell it later just feels like a badly designed item.

you have a shit ton of assist gold tho...

like my 41m game, started with spellthief, got a double kill at level 2, rushed frostqueen and ended up 3/5/18 (out of 38 kills) and had 13k gold.

like you have 78% kill participation, I'd put my money on that :p

yeah im thinking of never upgrading it to frost queens claim

it makes nearly twice as much as ancient coin does after regular laning. idk if this is good or bad :/

you basically get half a wave worth of cs every 30s. some adc cant even make that.

the bonus damage washing showing up for me though, is this happening to anybody else?
it's physical damage that gets added to your autos so it's not like the spellblade thing from masteries that pops a nice pink number

maybe you missed it for that.

dunno how it works with spells tho

Nekofrog

Banned
the end build of coin is just too good to not have on a lot of supports. the amount of kills secured, lives saved, and throws made is high with it.

whats your OCE name btw?

kiwilannister

Do you have an account on OCE?

edit: Maybe for support items the active component should be something you buy as an enchantment like you would for boots? Otherwise they have to buff FOTM. It should active for your entire team, frost queens should have a massive range so you could scrying orb->frost queens to get picks.

Tizoc

Technically, yes. Katarina usually builds a lot of Magic Penetration, so unless you have a very large amount of MRes you need Health to back it up. Depending on the situation it can be better to buy an item like a GA just to hold her resets back long enough to kill her.

... though really it's just embarrassing the enemy team had any trouble with her. Yi is the only one who didn't have some means of stopping the Death Lotus. No amount of Magic Resistance is going to save a team from themselves.

wHAT's GA?

OK I'm gonna try Trundle in the next few days. Even though i don't like Mana using characters much, I keep forgetting to keep an eye on my mana.

In LoL I'll just aim to learn the manaless characters whenver I have them unlocked.

wHAT's GA?

OK I'm gonna try Trundle in the next few days. Even though i don't like Mana using characters much, I keep forgetting to keep an eye on my mana.

In LoL I'll just aim to learn the manaless characters whenver I have them unlocked.

GA = guardian angel.

Mana champions aren't that bad. It's only the early game where they can suffer, late game mana is much better than something like energy.

wHAT's GA?

Trundle is very fun.

wHAT's GA?

Like Kiwi said, it's Guardian Angel, the defensive item with the "extra life" passive. The reason it can work well against Katarina is that "killing" the passive doesn't count for Voracity's purposes, so she can't reset her cooldowns until the champion gets back up and she kills them for good; that's usually too long for her to survive being at the scene of the crime.

It's mostly for carries, in this case. Tankier champions should usually just build not to die in the first place, but since ADCs just aren't going to have enough tank stats to survive Katarina's full burst (especially if she's rolling with a Deathfire Grasp build) the GA can be a good replacement option.

Boken

Banned
nah its just a masquerade event thats going in Latin america

i just posted because people seem to like poros

but yes please rework eve already

Tizoc

Thanks for the info guys.

Oh and I applied for LoL's email verification thingy and appreantly the next 4 games give me bonus IP...that or the next 4 wins I get offer me bonus EXP based on their description.

Wriggle's upgrade could be really cool. I like that they went with the Seraph/Manamune upgrade path, that way you can actually spend that 1650 gold without caring too much.
So who in League has a champ design with a lot of (arguably needless) elements that still sucks? I mean abilities and stuff, not aesthetics.
You mean the champ has a lot of shit in his/her kit and is still bad?

Leezard

This thread has decent concentrations of Jojo now.

Wriggle's upgrade could be interesting, if only to make people not take Elder Lizard on some auto attack junglers.

Edwardo

That's what I use for item builds too.

Someone linked a website in here that you can look up a champion and see the percentages for their most common builds for items/masteries/runes/etc.

I havent used mobafire for guides. Try out lolking.

I really, really recommend against reading Mobafire builds unless you want to start building like Darien. Many top rated builds there will give you awful ideas like Lich Bane Lux.

If you want better starting points, try Lolpro or Solomid

I think rito has a pretty misguided idea of what a carnaval looks like lol
We need more technically naked women with massive asses and less Mardi Gras

Boken

Banned
Sorry I was making a joke

I'm surprised at how firm moba fire's clutches are on the new player community. Where did you learn about mobafire?

Lolpro (pro player guides)
Lolking (a more recent kind of mobafire but higher quality because you can see their rating)
Probuilds (see what pros have been building in the recent games - most up to date but requires some thinking)

Mobafire isn't as bad as people make out. It's a lot easier to use than Lolpro and the guides tend to be written a lot better.

I generally check probuilds for items then Mobafire for a better understanding of how a given champ does/doesn't work.

Edwardo

I always liked lolking when I started because I could look through all the guides and see people's opinions on certain matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom