• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobafire isn't as bad as people make out. It's a lot easier to use than Lolpro and the guides tend to be written a lot better.

I generally check probuilds for items then Mobafire for a better understanding of how a given champ does/doesn't work.
Yeah, the guides are well formatted and organized, but they're often written by Aluminum 5 players that have no idea of what they're building or high level players that just do their own shit and it won't work for pretty much anyone else, and those are often the top rated guides.

I mean the top rated Nasus build right now tells you to build Zeke's Herald for fuck's sake. Mobafire is clean and easy to read, but if you want to actually learn the game it will give you nothing but bad habits.

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah, the guides are well formatted and organized, but they're often written by Aluminum 5 players that have no idea of what they're building or high level players that just do their shit , and those are often the top rated guides.

I mean the top rated Nasus build right now tells you to build Zeke's Herald for fuck's sake. Mobafire is clean and easy to read, but if you want to actually learn the game it will give you nothing but bad habits.

wow, nasus 0/18/12 with zeke's herald

such doge
very life steal

Tizoc

Sorry I was making a joke

I'm surprised at how firm moba fire's clutches are on the new player community. Where did you learn about mobafire?

Lolpro (pro player guides)
Lolking (a more recent kind of mobafire but higher quality because you can see their rating)
Probuilds (see what pros have been building in the recent games - most up to date but requires some thinking)

I googled 'Garen build' and that was the first entry =P
Now that I think about it, I really SHOULD switch around Garen's equipment set, I need to get him something that'll help him get a good armor or health item as early as possible.

Feral Flare. Eh. It's roughly +1 magic damage against champs everytime you kill a big monster.

You know... it sounds like a cheaper but better Wits End without the shred.

Damnit I wanna try this now.

Edwardo

There was a pre-show on Thursday 30 mins prior to the start, but not on Friday, so it's anyone's guess for today.

t1393704000z1.png

XDG vs Cloud9 HyperX
Counter Logic Gaming vs Curse
Team Dignitas vs Team SoloMid
Team Coast vs Evil Genuises

NA Challenger Series 2 Play-In Begins Today
Cloud9 HyperX Tempest vs The Blue Pill
Team 8 vs Kings of Tilt

Week 7 Power Rankings

NA LCS Week 7 Preview

The Recap: EU LCS Week 7

Big Changes for Curse - SaintVicious and Zekent

Morgana - Fallen From Mid to Bot

We Are Champions - Cerritos High School (Winter 2013 High School Star League champions)

Cloud 9 - Quest to be the Best

How to Watch
Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

Yeah, the guides are well formatted and organized, but they're often written by Aluminum 5 players that have no idea of what they're building or high level players that just do their own shit and it won't work for pretty much anyone else, and those are often the top rated guides.

>Playing Nasus.

Obviously you only check the Plat/diamond verified ones :p

Has anyone tried Dawngate?
I tried it. It's okay. Honestly don't seeing it lasting long since it has this weird similar feeling to Twisted Treeline while also not being that familiar.

Infinite Crisis is totally LoL Dominion with actual P2W options but it's Marvel.

There's always HotS, which is definitely different enough and is backed by Blizzard IP.

IDK about Strife.

Edwardo

I tried it. It's okay. Honestly don't seeing it lasting long since it has this weird similar feeling to Twisted Treeline while also not being that familiar.

Infinite Crisis is totally LoL Dominion with actual P2W options but it's Marvel.

There's always HotS, which is definitely different enough and is backed by Blizzard IP.

IDK about Strife.

Thanks, ya I just got a beta key and wanted to hear some impressions on it.

Boken

Banned
Has anyone tried Dawngate?

dawngate has interesting characters. i like it when ppl shoot coins

but holy fucking shit is taht game snowbally
not only do your passive gold generators get shut down when youre behind but theres this "mastery" that gives people large amounts bonus gold and exp on champion kill

snowball ahoyyyy

Boken

Banned
dunno why there is so much kassadin QQ and OP calling when he has such similiar play patterns to leblanc who has an even better early game :/

garath

Played some Strife this morning. Got through the painful tutorial (seriously, it's a MOBA.. why do I have to go through that) and mandatory bot game and won the first PvP. Played that Assassin Cassio type character. I had a rough laning phase against 2 ranged champs but once I started roaming and getting kills I snowballed from there. She does the deeps.

Fun enough game. I prefer LoL :)

I'd be down for playing with some GAF guys on it. I guess since I played my PvP match I now have full closed beta access.

brian!

holy shit i just realized bjergsen is rainman

Code:
[IMG]http://fireden.net/4chan/images.4chan.org//vg/src/1365052553824.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://img.youtube.com/vi/_AmCbgw9FGs/maxresdefault.jpg[/IMG]

regi feeling guilty after all these years picks rainman's reincarnation...............................
look don't be surprised if you see TSM Balls after Dyrus retires...

drawkcaB

I just tried the new Wriggle's/Feral Fire on PBE. For those interested, upon upgrading Feral Fire deals 100 + (3 per large monster kill after upgrading) to monsters and minions, 33% of that vs. champions. The on-hit effect heal scales about +1 per large monster kill. One of the undocumented effects of Feral Fire is that is dramatically increases the cast range of the ward active. Wouldn't be surprised if the cast range is 200% of normal.

I don't see this as being the fix to running melee ADCs in the jungle (Tryn, Yi, Fiora, etc.) but it could be good on otherwise heavy AA champions like Trundle and Xin Zhao. In certain situations, might even be good on jungle tank champions like Rammus and Nautilus* who don't have the easiest time itemizing damage.

*Gonna test out some bruiser Nautilus builds I've been dreaming up of soon. Probably suck balls, but whatever.

Boken

Banned
Uh oh some new looking map textures have been leaked on the pbe

Now they might just be old files that accidentally got shipped and will never eventuate into anything but it looks like we're finally gonna get an SR VU ;) or at least a retexture

It kinda looks like a pastel paint Disneyish forest

grnd_terrain_m.jpg

Ocho

Oh man I've been dreaming of a VU since I upgraded my computer (almost two years ago). I hope this happens, the map is pretty terrible.

Tizoc

Randuins is your friend.

Sunfire if you're feeling ballsy.

Nah I like sunfire on Garen TBH, even if it is a little damage, it can help clear minions faster, so there's that at least.
...but I'll prob. save it for last now since Garen needs something that gives him buffs all around.

If only work net wasn't so lame I could read up on the weapons right now and formulate a set for him to use when i get back home =/

Boken

Banned
Take sunfire, garens damage is pitiful as it is already.

Sunfire is an early game item, randuins is for later game when the attack slow meaningfully reduces adc dmg

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Uh oh some new looking map textures have been leaked on the pbe

Now they might just be old files that accidentally got shipped and will never eventuate into anything but it looks like we're finally gonna get an SR VU ;) or at least a retexture

It kinda looks like a pastel paint Disneyish forest

grnd_terrain_m.jpg

Dota made its map much brighter recently.

LoL is trying to copy Dota's old map style.

Riot behind the times yet again. :(

Boken

Banned
Dota brightens map to compete with lol

Lol darkens map to compete with dota

Round N round we go never ending infinity engine

Tizoc

Frozen Mallet looks like it'd be a good equipment for Garen, if not for the fact that his main damage tools are the sword dunk and spinny move.

That reminds me: One of the equipment unique to ranged champs is one that fires 3 shots. My brother uses it with Ashe and its an item he always goes for now. What're the disadvantages of using that equipment?

Boken

Banned
Its a noob trap

It's bad because the whole point of adc is to be optimised single target damage dealers whereas with ruunans hurricane you are wasting gold and slot efficiency just to hit ancillary targets

The only reason you'd build frozen mallet on garen is if your team really needs the slow

Tizoc

Tell me your fav. or most horrific Shyvana stories GAF.
I am tempted to try her out although her Ulti is gonna take time to get used to.

Mothman91

Tell me your fav. or most horrific Shyvana stories GAF.
I am tempted to try her out although her Ulti is gonna take time to get used to.
You farm on your little island or jungle and farm until mid game comes without showing to gank and carry your sorry ass team.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
holy shit i just realized bjergsen is rainman

regi feeling guilty after all these years picks rainman's reincarnation...............................
look don't be surprised if you see TSM Balls after Dyrus retires...
this is a really good post.

also sometimes zeke's is an excellent pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom