• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Kiunch is so wise. Like Lightning.

images

????

That's harsh :(

Blizzard

Banned
Not sure what I did to deserve that ARAM team I played against.

Twisted Fate cards to dodge, Nidalee spear to dodge, Varus arrow to dodge, Soraka to heal, and Annie for CC and AOE.

Oh and it was 4v5 for a while due to a crash so that got the snowball going even earlier.

this site's reporting a ratio increase on diana's passive on pbe: http://www.newsoflegends.com/index....e-heimerdinger-vu-and-arctic-ops-varus-16421/

Moonsilver Blade [ Passive ]
AP ratio increased from 0.6 to 0.8

is that a 0.8 ap ratio every 3 autoattacks?

holy fuck nashors diana is gonna be beast!
Interesting. I guess she's getting compensated for the LB nerf?

That basically brings her burst back a bit which lets her buy her actual items and not some silly glass cannon build. Time to get that skin I suppose.

Not sure what I did to deserve that ARAM team I played against.

Twisted Fate cards to dodge, Nidalee spear to dodge, Varus arrow to dodge, Soraka to heal, and Annie for CC and AOE.

Oh and it was 4v5 for a while due to a crash so that got the snowball going even earlier.

I'm teaching a friend to play through ARAMs (she's sub-30 and really needs to learn how to teamfight). My last game was basically useless because I got Blitz, and they got an entire team full of squishies who absolutely do not want to get pulled in by Blitz.

Important Lesson: Uhh... try to have at least one team member Blitz doesn't want to pull so it's not like a shooting gallery, I guess. Such progress!

zkylon

zkylewd
Carnaval theme video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zGcP4lxEpU

Some funny parts.
well the actual event thing is pretty cool tho: http://fiestademascaras.las.leagueoflegends.com/

like there's a vote for skins to go on sale for a day. out of a limited selection ofc.

but like today's mundoverse and nurse akali so it's a pretty decent offer.

yesterday it was battle bunny riven and party fiddle. it's very cool. good on rito las

Interesting. I guess she's getting compensated for the LB nerf?

That basically brings her burst back a bit which lets her buy her actual items and not some silly glass cannon build. Time to get that skin I suppose.
actually I feel like this makes her more bruisery, which is a build I'd like rito to drive her into.

like her assassin mechanics were pretty lame because she doesn't have a natural escape so I really like the idea of her being an ap bruiser. like I tried nashors+defensive ap items (abyssal, zhonya's, etc.) on aram and it was a lot of fun

actually I feel like this makes her more bruisery, which is a build I'd like rito to drive her into.

like her assassin mechanics were pretty lame because she doesn't have a natural escape so I really like the idea of her being an ap bruiser. like I tried nashors+defensive ap items (abyssal, zhonya's, etc.) on aram and it was a lot of fun
But she was always meant to be bruisery. Diana's thing was being able to survive after deleting someone, sticking around a fight hitting people with her passive until her rotations are up. She was pretty much forced into buying lich bane after the nerfs because her damage had been gutted severely, which made her have to pick between either being a squishy assassin with no escape or a tanky bruiser that does no damage.

Before the nerfs Abyssal into Zhonyas with Nashors somewhere down the line was her optimal build. This gets her dialed back a bit so she can do that build again and kill people in a full QRAAWEAARAA rotation. The ratio buff can give her back around half the total damage she lost since release at realistically high AP numbers, so she can have a lategame again.

zkylon

zkylewd
But she was always meant to be bruisery. Diana's thing was being able to survive after deleting someone, sticking around a fight hitting people with her passive until her rotations are up. She was pretty much forced into buying lich bane after the nerfs because her damage had been gutted severely, which made her have to pick between either being a squishy assassin with no escape or a tanky bruiser that does no damage.

Before the nerfs Abyssal into Zhonyas with Nashors somewhere down the line was her optimal build. This gets her dialed back a bit so she can do that build again and kill people in a full QRAAWEAARAA rotation.
tbh she was kind of a mess of ideas

like she was an assassin with no escapes and a bruiser with very little dps and cc. the refresh mechanic on her ult is fun but I always had more fun building nashor's on her than straight ap and just splitpushing forever

She's a victim of intended use-case versus actual use-case.

Primarily, she was supposed to be a jungler. There was so much damage loaded onto her passive originally because junglers at the time had to be ultra mana-efficient, so she needed to be able to AoE clear effectively without a lot of spells used. That was the same logic behind her shield: you could always guarantee the full damage and re-shield activation when fighting jungle camps, so it was extremely efficient for sustained jungling.

Even her R, somewhat, plays in: the fact she could get R-resets with her Q allows her to jump jungle walls to get to camps faster without actually using significant cooldowns. The R and E were also explicitly intended to give her some reasonable ganking pressure.

Like, she's actually brilliantly designed for jungling, it's just that everyone at the time said, "AP Carry Jungler? Yeah right, the gold for that comes from where, exactly?" and threw her into the mid-lane instead, so she got rebalanced to be a mid-laner. The new jungle is very good to her, and should allow her to finally fulfill her original design intent.

tbh she was kind of a mess of ideas

like she was an assassin with no escapes and a bruiser with very little dps and cc. the refresh mechanic on her ult is fun but I always had more fun building nashor's on her than straight ap and just splitpushing forever
Eh, I disagree. People exaggerate her identity crisis.

What is an assassins job? Get in, kill someone, get out. So what happens if you can't get out? You need to be able to live somehow. So they gave her high bases to actually build to be able to live, plus decent stats and a shield.

The problem is that they gave her good ratios in order to actually scale, and nerfed her bases more often than her ratios instead. She wouldn't have suffered as much nor have been that much of a problem if they had looked into her ratios from day one. Her Q had a whopping 260 base AND .8 ratio on release, no shit she deleted people with it lol

If they change her further I wish they'd actually swap her E and R like some people suggested - plus she was meant to be that way on pre production. Having her pull gated by levels and longer cooldowns could justify her being able to dash pull and killing people with her Q.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm gonna be sad when they nerf lebonk

like I know she's stupid but I like her

like zed doesn't ever fit my brain. I can never get his combos or jukes right... I'm awful. lebonk is just the perfect assassin for me since she's ranged and has fun skillshots and for some reason my brain accepts her juking.

also now she has a cool splash art

Boken

Banned
Diana doesn't have an identity crisis at all.

She's an Ap bruiser pure and simple. Like Irelia and xin zhao, she's an anti carry

zkylon

zkylewd
Diana doesn't have an identity crisis at all.

She's an Ap bruiser pure and simple. Like Irelia and xin zhao, she's an anti carry bruiser

but like she was never really played like a bruiser. she was just op and so she'd number through carries in a single combo.

I dunno, tbh I stayed up really late to see twitch plays pokemon and now I'm willing to concede everything

zkylon

zkylewd
Lebonk and Nida are guaranteed to be nerfed.

Burst and sustain are probably two things they hate the most because "no counterplay".

they're kind of my two favorite mids right now

mostly because their kits are broken enough that they're a lot of fun but not to the extent I feel guilty about them

Boken

Banned
but like she was never really played like a bruiser. she was just op and so she'd number through carries in a single combo.

I dunno, tbh I stayed up really late to see twitch plays pokemon and now I'm willing to concede everything
shes a bruiser because her intent was that she would stand around and auto attack for a little bit - hence the passive.

as you said she doesnt have an escape and couldnt be an assassin
Lebonk and Nida are guaranteed to be nerfed.

Burst and sustain are probably two things they hate the most because "no counterplay".

why is no counterplay in speech marks? leblanc is pretty redic atm. it takes godlike reflexes to deal with her.

nidalee isnt really a case of no counterplay but really of feast v famine and "anti-fun" (that one is in speech marks, fuck anti fun poke is an integral part of dis gaem). her issue is really of feast of famine tbh - if shes ahead she will own da shit out of u at tower, if shes behind shes useless. hopefully at most they will just increase the CD and lower the cd on hit to lower the power of blindly throwing them fishing for hits

Point and click silences on mages need to go altogether.

LeBlanc wouldn't be an issue if you could actually fight her back in any situation. Hell, if they took the silence out chances are she could get other things to compensate instead.

zkylon

zkylewd
shes a bruiser because her intent was that she would stand around and auto attack for a little bit - hence the passive.

as you said she doesnt have an escape and couldnt be an assassin

i mean maybe i'm wrong (king leer!!111!!) but i've never seen her played as anything but an op assassin. like even if she wasn't intended to be played like that she scaled well enough to blow people up. and, like, I really enjoy the idea that she works sort of like s3 leona, super tanky when w is up, god help us when it's down, but yeah, without an escape it's just not really gonna work when her numbers are balanced

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't get it

a bruiser builds one or two damage item, then 20 tank items.

diana built all damage items and maybe a ga?

and she was played 100% burst until she got nerfed and people invented nashors. but like she's more ahri than xin zhao... like cmon

Boken

Banned
typical diana build was abyssal and then zhonyas - defensive AP items. then GA for more defense.

bruiser - anti carry - assassin

its a spectrum

Voyboy playing her top - her builds were the same regardless of lane, only difference was summoner spells - you can see it at around 40 minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jryxA3WobB8

Basic Diana build at the end of Season 2 - a.k.a. when she raped buttholes - was Kage's - back when GP10 was pretty dumb - into whatever resistances you needed into Abyssal Zhonya's - whatever resistance you needed first was the first item. That would give you more than enough tankyness to go straight damage afterwards.

zkylon

zkylewd
my bad for talking items

wasnt her playstyle basically qwrer zhonyas spam spells? like ok she was a tanky assasisn. like being tanky with w+resistances and zhonya active is what allowed her to kill someone and live thru it but her playstyle was 100% assassin or not? like i dunno what i'm arguing anymore

in any case havent selpt all night

bye girls

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i don't get it

a bruiser builds one or two damage item, then 20 tank items.

diana built all damage items and maybe a ga?

and she was played 100% burst until she got nerfed and people invented nashors. but like she's more ahri than xin zhao... like cmon
there are lots more resistence/ap items than ad/resistence items though. ap bruisers have it easier when it comes to building offensive stats.

wasnt her playstyle basically qwrer zhonyas spam spells? like ok she was a tanky assasisn. like being tanky with w+resistances and zhonya active is what allowed her to kill someone and live thru it but her playstyle was 100% assassin or not? like i dunno what i'm arguing anymore
In high level play she was used mostly with straight REWQ initiation + smaller burst - only slightly though, because like I said she had some ridiculous bases. It was basically a mini AoE Vi ult.

QWRER was mostly for dueling.

i played against a zil yesterday

my team was all ZIL THE THRILL and ZILSTER THE MIDSTER in all chat before the game

he pooped on everyone but luckly his team was 2 heavy

Edwardo

There was a pre-show on Thursday 30 mins prior to the start, but not on Friday, so it's anyone's guess for today.

t1393790400z1.png

Team SoloMid vs Cloud9 HyperX
Evil Genuises vs Team Dignitas
XDG vs Counter Logic Gaming
Team Coast vs Curse

NA Challenger Series 2 Play-In Begins Today
LoLPro vs No Big Deal (True Neutral)
vVv Gaming vs Super Team NA

Keep Your Enemies Closer - The C9 vs TSM Rivalry

Week 7 Power Rankings

NA LCS Week 7 Preview

The Recap: EU LCS Week 7

Big Changes for Curse - SaintVicious and Zekent

Morgana - Fallen From Mid to Bot

We Are Champions - Cerritos High School (Winter 2013 High School Star League champions)

Cloud 9 - Quest to be the Best

How to Watch
Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

Tizoc

Hah last night's match was a little funny:
My team was me as Trynda, Nautilus (doing my ye old trademark of sticking to one lane and ignoring the team in the mid), Wukong, Utrog and Akali.
The Wukong Akali and Utrog were fighting amongst each other thru the chat. Wukong then disconnected and it became 4v5. It was a bit of a struggle since our mid inhibitor got taken down.
The opposing team had Jax, Jinx, Nasus, Noob Annie and that one wizard lady (Leblanc I guess?)
Anyway me and Nautulus eventually manage to reach the nexus with the other 2 KOed and we won the match. The opposing team's Jinx was at our HQ taking down minions and turrets and maybe an inhibitor. Silly sap must've not known we were hacking at their nexus XD.

Urgot was ticked off because I gave Jax 1 feed (I was Jax and Annie vs. me, killed Annie but Jax got me), and at one point didn't watn the Nautuls to kill Jinx.

Yeesh, as much as I like scoring a kill I personally would rather focus on winning the match then getting a Killing Spree or the like. Why players obssess about it is beyond me I guess.

DeadNames

Banned
Yeesh, as much as I like scoring a kill I personally would rather focus on winning the match then getting a Killing Spree or the like. Why players obssess about it is beyond me I guess.

These are wise, wise words. If only other people would think the same.

Einbroch

Banned
4v5, we're losing really, really hard. The Ez is like 2/11. He wants to keep playing because he's having fun.

Why can I not have fun in this game? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom