• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm going through the champion roster, testing pretty much everyone out to see if/how they work as junglers with all the changes that have been made. For a lot of champions I'm just doing bot games, usually because I suspect they're going to be the sort that can barely survive their first clear.

The people you meet in bot games, man. I don't even know. I feel like these kids are stressing this shit harder than I usually see in normals or ARAMs, and it's like... dude, it's bots. Three of you can go AFK and I'll still win this on Jungle Annie. Unrustle your jimmies.

Like, I've got this LeBlanc going all hyper-critical on everyone's builds, and I when I do a quick Tab she's gone Sorc Shoes -> Morello's -> Liandri's. This is what bot games are: someone whose build isn't even as good as the Recommended Items giving newbies shit because they built a Tear on Alistar?

Never thought I'd say this, but people are nicer in Ranked.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I always picture people in bot games as being those who just grind it for IP, so I feel like you'd run into a contingent of people looking to end as fast as possible.

I always picture people in bot games as being those who just grind it for IP, so I feel like you'd run into a contingent of people looking to end as fast as possible.

I think it's a combination of that and the fact it's 5 AM. I'm probably playing with some deranged sleep-deprived lunatics. I mean, not deranged sleep-deprived lunatics like me, the bad kind.

I dunno if bot games are great for IP though. Probably better to just ARAM.

dimb

I think it's a combination of that and the fact it's 5 AM. I'm probably playing with some deranged sleep-deprived lunatics. I mean, not deranged sleep-deprived lunatics like me, the bad kind.
W1pqdjJ.jpg
ARAM games can go really long sometimes, and the IP gains seem kinda diminished. I think the true fastest way to earn IP is Dominion games or something.

Personally Singed is the laziest and most guaranteed way to grind bots for IP. You can still easily win even when the match starts 3v5, drags long enough for bots to have 20+k gold and even if they're loaded with CC.

Liberty4all

Banned
Pretty different games even if they're in the same genre.

HoN, LoL and DOTA are more alike than Smite though right?

I actually did try DOTA back in the beta and it didn't click for me. I love Smite though (been playing for a couple years) and I've been thinking of giving one of the big three another shot.

edit: I bought a HoN account way back during a sale which I never used ... I think it unlocked all the heroes or something.

dimb

I actually did try DOTA back in the beta and it didn't click for me. I love Smite though (been playing for a couple years) and I've been thinking of giving one of the big three another shot.

edit: I bought a HoN account way back during a sale which I never used ... I think it unlocked all the heroes or something.
You should try League out. It's pretty responsive in the ways you would probably expect coming from Smite.

Boken

Banned
in terms of skillshots, snappiness of skills and always being incontrol of your character, Leeg is the most like SMITE

League is like a streamlined version of DoTA. It's faster, more fluid and easier to pick up and play.

Plus it's free, so why not give it a shot?

garath

Man I've been so busy lately. How long do we have before Lp decay again?
Did the aoe spirit stone changes actually help hecarim at all? His early levels are pretty trashy from the last round of changes.

I'm not feeling any junglers right now and in tired of playing Wukong,lee,vi and panth.
I'm gonna buy the khaz even though he got nerfed. At least he is kinda fun.
I'd play way more volibear if I wasn't first pick so often...

Edit: wtf vayne with two daggers after Botrk and boots.....

Edit: I think I'll jungle darius in some normals now. Gonna go movement quints,ad reds,Mr blues and armor yellows and run 9/21/0. I'm in my screw around phase for jungle while I train my Janna support.

Ooh.. I completely forgot about Jungle Darius. Mobo boots nerf suck so bad though.

I'm going to try jungle akali. She looks like lots of fun. I played my placements, time to go back to weird champs in normals.

LP decay is 1 month if I remember correctly. You will get a warning in-client.

Finally did it!

1051 ranked games in Season 3 and 216 in Season 4.

Gratz!!!

Think I'm gonna try to play a ranked every couple of days going forward. Silly to be so worried about them when, almost literally, the only way is up.
Baby! For you and me now!

Boken

Banned
poppy_league_of_legends__knkl_by_knockwurst-d6pjjiy.jpg

what poppy will probably end up looking like

hearing the VU conversation going on, it sounds like a lot of champs are up for potential VUs, a lot of things i never expected like kayle, blitzcrank, caitlyn, cassipoeia, poppy.

i guess the intention is that they want all their champions to look like the recent VUs - which have been absolutely amazing.

In that case though, i'm surprised the VU team is as small as it is

garath

What do you guys think of Strife? I've played 2 matches so far. It really just feels like another LoL with dota style items (except for the lack of actives). The only real new stuff they seem to be bringing to the table is the pusher creature, the sharing last hits and the complete lack of an all chat lol.

I'm not a big fan of the character designs. Not enough awesome, too much cartoony stuff.

The crafting meta seems interesting though. I haven't experimented with it too much but looks like you can make your own items?? crazy.

Boken

Banned
the crafting is an overly complicated way to add customisation in the game for very little effort. not a fan.

you're correct thats its lol + lol&dota items - with actives too. theres hex stick, mana boots (a ring actukaly), teleboots, aegis, zhonyas, void staff etc.

the item shop is atrocious. no item tree = unusable

the matchmaking is stupid right now too - you cant build a team - you have to pick a hero and get placed into a random group.

gameplay is okay, spells tend to be on the underpowered side - to combat antifun burst or something idk

Edwardo

So when you ult as poppy and the person you ult dies what happens next?

Are you still immune to damage until the duration of the ult ends? Or does your ult just end?

I haven't seen xerath at all recently. Kind of surprising. Saw him a couple times the day after the patch, but since then, nothing.
Xerath has the Trundle - Karma - Sejuani curse. No matter how strong they are or how many times you rework them, they're never going to be popular. Which just makes me wish they didn't rework Trundle's character for the worse, while making his auto-attacks significantly more clunky with his newfound size.

I'm a bit curious if anyone could enlighten me to the times when Evelynn was played mid. What made it viable?
She actually had the damage scaling to pull off being a mid laner. That plus green wards being ineffective to spot her during her roaming.

You guys weren't kidding trundle IS fun. Wish his movement speed was better. Wonder if i can toss in a Zephyr over the boots by the end game.
Trinity Force is an excellent item on Trundle and it has extra % and on-hit movement speed.
Most people just use Blade of the Ruin King's active to cover the relatively brief period when enemies aren't slowed by Pillar and Trundle isn't sped up by Frozen Domain. There's actually only a tiny window at higher levels where enemies have anything approaching movespeed parity, especially if he has any CDR.
Adding it to my item set then, but Trundle doesn't use ability power right?
Blade of the Ruined King for as much synergy as it has with Trundle is a bit of a trap though. Too many players (including those in the professional scene) buy it too often when they have no realistic chance of auto-attacking enemy champions for long in teamfights, or even the opposing top laner alone. Trundle also has no problems catching up to someone with just his skills; sticking to his intended target however is a different matter. Trinity Force is more convenient for sticking power if the match-up is right for it, so usually the matter of what Trundle's first real damage item should be is a toss-up between Triforce, BoRK or Hydra. Can't go wrong with either of those three on Trundle, but you need to be mindful of certain nuances prior to the purchase.

Tizoc: his ult scales with AP (although not by much), so that stat isn't completely wasted on Trundle. Well worth paying for that for everything else he gains upon completion of the Trinity Force however; mana, movement and attack speed, health and a damage proc he can regularly proc thanks to his Q. A few tips as well: you can interrupt spell channels (Katarina's ult for example) and jumps with a well-timed Pillar, so you can for instance intercept a Tristana whilst she's airborne when you suspect her to jump as you're walking up to her. Same goes for when Shyvanna's in flight during her ult animation. Secondly: you can put specific champions who increase their own resists into negative armor / magic resist (albeit temporarily) if you use Trundle's ultimate on them as their self-buff is about to expire. Leona and Rammus come to mind, or Soraka's heal. I used to have a video of this handy somewhere, but I can't seem to find it on YouTube anymore.

no like for relz

but tbh i'd rather an ap champ. like right now my play top is basically play mids in top (lebonk, grago, lizzy, annie, ori, etc) but like maybe there's a gal i'm forgetting
Karma and Elise are great for top lane. Latter can be built relatively tanky too if need be.

New sale:

x8djqssjkcjfjbpp_1.jpg

Skins:

• Armour of the Fifth Age Taric @ 475 RP
  • Astronaut Teemo @ 675 RP
  • Sheriff Caitlyn @ 260 RP

Champions:

• Thresh @ 487 RP
  • Orianna @ 440 RP
  • Corki @ 395 RP

I need Arctic Warfare Caitlyn to go on sale so I can complete the collection.

and unlock the super-skin

but arctic warfare is her best skin why didnt you already own it

I can't get mumble to work on my laptop it keeps crashing every time I open it. i've tried reinstalling it and all that. It worked about a month ago when I used it but I haven't really used it since then and I tried last night and it just won't open.

Edwardo

How many green champs/skins are there. We needs to assemble an all green team for st patricks day.

Shamrock Malph
Emerald Taric
Amumu
Toxic Dr. Mundo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom