• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1zfutx/top_10_ways_to_stop_throwing/

Top 10 ways to win is more like it.

Most of those are just plain common sense. However, number 1 is the most overlooked imo. God damn how many times will someone get killed in lane then proceed to feed over and over and over. Sure sometimes it's just legit getting dove the instant you get in lane but usually it doesn't get to that point after 1 death.

I learned this lesson very well being forced into top lane a few times early in my ranked play. I choose a champ I'm comfortable with (usually Darius, sometimes Jax), I'll duel and play aggressive to my limits of knowledge with the champ but if I fall behind, it's "don't feed" time. I play as passive as possible to try and not die first and foremost. A couple games I've even told my team "my goal here is to not feed and get to midgame". Lol. It usually works. Top laner will get fed but not nearly as fed as they would if you tacked 5 kills on top of it. Oftentimes you play so scared that you'll bait them into stupid dives and get a kill out of it.

zkylon

zkylewd
pretty interesting they're making drag cause grievous wounds

like I guess they don't want elise and such soloing it but why?

Ferrio

Banned
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1zfutx/top_10_ways_to_stop_throwing/

Top 10 ways to win is more like it.

Most of those are just plain common sense. However, number 1 is the most overlooked imo. God damn how many times will someone get killed in lane then proceed to feed over and over and over. Sure sometimes it's just legit getting dove the instant you get in lane but usually it doesn't get to that point after 1 death.

I learned this lesson very well being forced into top lane a few times early in my ranked play. I choose a champ I'm comfortable with (usually Darius, sometimes Jax), I'll duel and play aggressive to my limits of knowledge with the champ but if I fall behind, it's "don't feed" time. I play as passive as possible to try and not die first and foremost. A couple games I've even told my team "my goal here is to not feed and get to midgame". Lol. It usually works. Top laner will get fed but not nearly as fed as they would if you tacked 5 kills on top of it. Oftentimes you play so scared that you'll bait them into stupid dives and get a kill out of it.

I disagree with this Baron point... I'm sure Kiunch would as well!

Only thing on that list I think that trips up most random games is the objectives.

drawkcaB

pretty interesting they're making drag cause grievous wounds

like I guess they don't want elise and such soloing it but why?

I don't think It's about Elise, specifically. Lots of the top tier junglers deal significant single target damage through abilities or through AAs once they pick up doran's blade or a pair of longswords into elder lizard. This makes them benefit from spirit stones passive more than AoE centric Junglers, most of whom are the at-present undertuned tank junglers. Grevious wounds cuts down on that advantage, slightly.

Newt

If you guys really want to rank up fast, just take advantage of Riot's lack of balance in supports. Ban 2/3 Leona/Thresh/Annie, and pick one of them. If you have an ADC with you, tell them to go Sivir. If they have fast enough reflexes Sona/Blitz/Nami etc won't be effective against them. Ofc, you will need skill with Sivir/Annie/Thresh/Leona but this way you're completely denying your opponent of getting a strong pick. Since duo queue is now randomized there's a decent chance one of you will get first or second pick.

If you guys really want to rank up fast, just take advantage of Riot's lack of balance in supports. Ban 2/3 Leona/Thresh/Annie, and pick one of them. If you have an ADC with you, tell them to go Sivir. If they have fast enough reflexes Sona/Blitz/Nami etc won't be effective against them. Ofc, you we need skill with Sivir/Annie/Thresh/Leona but this way you're completely denying your opponent of getting a strong pick. Since duo queue is now randomized there's a decent chance one of you will get first or second pick.

I'm not great with Leona or Thresh, but I'm 8-1 with Annie so far this season. It's stupid how easy she is.

I appreciate the number of godlike Threshes and Leonas I've played with when I get ADC this season though. Lost count of how many threshes I've asked to marry me.

Newt

I'm not great with Leona or Thresh, but I'm 8-1 with Annie so far this season. It's stupid how easy she is.
I wouldn't say she's that easy, but the 3 of them are really on a whole other level in terms of power compared to the other support champs. I'm kind of shocked riot hasn't even touched Leona yet. She's the worst out of the 3. In laning phase, she takes such little skill to play.

Nekofrog

Banned
So I know Corki is a big huge joke on Newt here, but holy shit, his Q change made him really really really strong. He's a REALLY shitty pick against a Sivir, though.

I wouldn't say she's that easy, but the 3 of them are really on a whole other level in terms of power compared to the other support champs. I'm kind of shocked riot hasn't even touched Leona yet. She's the worst out of the 3. In laning phase, she takes such little skill to play.

Wasn't taric part of that top tier for a while when preseason started? What happened there, did they nerf him? Or was it the Targon's nerf?

half the cooldown refund on kill sounds interesting, sorta?

I mean I don't mind annie being support first, mid second, but eh
It's a creative way to nerf support Annie. Basically they want to turn her Q into her auto attack, sort of like Karthus but nowhere near as bad.

Faster stun charging while solo laning and the possibility for some stun chaining - if her usual QWRQ rotation kills someone, you should be able to almost immediatly stun again - , I like it.

garath

I appreciate the number of godlike Threshes and Leonas I've played with when I get ADC this season though. Lost count of how many threshes I've asked to marry me.

Yeah. Annie support is really good this season. I'm 2-0 with her. She's not faceroll easy but if you use her right, she's pretty damn frightening. The auto range nerf will hurt her though.

I'd like to think I'm a good Leona but my last game with her was a disaster. I'm still learning Thresh.

I want Sona to come back. She was my support god S3. I think I was like 10-2 with her. She was one of those champs that I just won games with. Plain and simple.

brian!

the annie resets tho
annie is pretty easy
but u kno, since she's popular ppl figure her out a bit

just pick morgana into the top 3, ez
sivir is a harder support to manage than those guyz

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a creative way to nerf support Annie. Basically they want to turn her Q into her auto attack, sort of like Karthus but nowhere near as bad.

Faster stun charging while solo laning and the possibility for some stun chaining - if her usual QWRQ rotation kills someone, you should be able to almost immediatly stun again - , I like it.
yeah it's kinda cool.

I kinda feel that this whole thing would be solved if they made annie's q a skillshot but eh

I want everything to be a skillshot

Yeah. Annie support is really good this season. I'm 2-0 with her. She's not faceroll easy but if you use her right, she's pretty damn frightening. The auto range nerf will hurt her though.

I'd like to think I'm a good Leona but my last game with her was a disaster. I'm still learning Thresh.

I want Sona to come back. She was my support god S3. I think I was like 10-2 with her. She was one of those champs that I just won games with. Plain and simple.

I think sona's pretty good still, it's just that her ult's lot less reliable than annie's but she's kinda like s3 janna, you can really fix up a lot of your adc's fuckups by playing her since you have heals, speedups, etc.

tho if you were trying to play that I'd rather pick lulu right now and take it from the enemy midlaner.

oh and btw i think i've seen the nida vs lulu mid lane matchup like 4 times yesterday. wtf

the annie resets tho
annie is pretty easy
but u kno, since she's popular ppl figure her out a bit

just pick morgana into the top 3, ez
this

morg's op

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I disagree with this Baron point... I'm sure Kiunch would as well!

Only thing on that list I think that trips up most random games is the objectives.

Gotta start every game with the mentality that Baron shit on your bed and owe you money.

Maybe I just don't play annie aggressively enough but I don't really use her AA harass that much. For me it's more about zoning with the threat of the stun, and the burst capabilities once someone engages. Plus once you get DFG anyone that dives your ADC is three keypresses away from death.

Ferrio

Banned
So... spellthief... any reason why you shouldn't take this as your first item as mid? God the amount of money this thing wracks up. Guess you lose a bit of health from not going dorans... hrmm

brian!

it's probably not bad if you think of the gold as incidental and dont go out of your way to get the money off autos and then die horribly
oh wait no its deactivated if you get a last hit
plus you probably don't want to upgrade it
just steal the jungler's wraiths

like at least kage's gave a decent amount of ap

Newt

So... spellthief... any reason why you shouldn't take this as your first item as mid? God the amount of money this thing wracks up. Guess you lose a bit of health from not going dorans... hrmm
Killing a minion disables this passive for 12 seconds.

zkylon

zkylewd

yea I was trying this. don't even bother with harassing with it, just let the gp10 do its thing while you quietly farm

like the passive is basically a 5 gp10. you kind of waste that but get a 2 gp10 plus some ap and mana regen and if you're lucky some extra burst or poke and gold

brian!

wikipedia says it pays for itself after ~11 minutes not including incidental harass gold (mebbe from towers or when you come back to lane?) which is faster than kage's was, it might gimp you in lane but it also might not if you don't suck

getting a hit off reduces the time to payday by 25 seconds

zkylon

zkylewd
I think it can be pretty decent even with only the gp10

like on my 40 minute game I had like 700g generated by the gp10 alone, plus whatever the passive gives you.

that means if you just upgrade it once you may get like 1k gold for 865 and you had some combat stats along the way.

wait does the spellthief passive get disabled if you kill a jungle monster?
nope

was checkin just that

Newt

I think it can be pretty decent even with only the gp10

like on my 40 minute game I had like 700g generated by the gp10 alone, plus whatever the passive gives you.

that means if you just upgrade it once you may get like 1k gold for 865 and you had some combat stats along the way.

nope

was checkin just that
I think I'll try this on Kayle. Active would be good for her too.

you can only buy one gold generation item, so you would be locked out of all the op jungle items.

Right, forgot they were gold generation items. Spellthief would kind of give mini-conservation right off the bat. 15 extra gold from most camps except for golems just for activating defile.

Einbroch

Banned
Pick GP. Go gp10 quints, crit damage reds, and mana regen blues. Rush Avarice Blade and mana pots. Stay in lane until you have 2000 gold. Buy Frost Queen's Claim. Stay until you have 2500 gold. Upgrade Statikk Shiv and buy another Avarice Blade. Farm. And farm some more.

Congrats, you now have 15k more gold than even a 15/0 Vayne.

While I'm joking for competitive play, it was hilarious when I played with my friends and had double the gold of a few teammates.

Achtius

another crappy sale
crappy cuz i got nothing i want

also when is taric getting his VU? he needs to be next on the list.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
another crappy sale
crappy cuz i got nothing i want

also when is taric getting his VU? he needs to be next on the list.

It's a crappy sale because I can't buy anything else :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom