• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

Wow the annie range nerf is incredibly harsh

It's not like anyone goes ad annie. It was a nice way to rack up some gold with the mastery point :\

And that maokai buff. 5 mana. Seriously?

Just give him a nice ad scaling on Q so we can buy elder lizard on him.

siddhu33

Played a game of ranked...remembered why I don't play ranked...

Jungle jax, ganked bot and got them fed, but some other lanes suffered as a result...started getting bs from the Annie mid, had to shut down with "I know you're playing a little bitch, but you don't have to act like one". Thankfully the Annie shut up after that and late-game jax started to kick in and we went on to win...but I don't enjoy people whining at me for 40 mins...

Why does ranked have to be so stressful?

Ferga

Why aren't they touching leona....

Either incredibly strong or incredibly weak. That's the problem with melee supports.

I think support nerf/buffs are pretty much all balanced to match thresh at this point. The guy just has everything a support has. Probably too much.

The Annie thing is... okay. You just end up last hitting with her Q now since it drops to 2 seconds without any CDR as long as you kill with it. 2 seconds is totally enough for last hitting even under the tower. It's a nerf to support Annie and... however you view it for mid Annie.

I personally hoped they just increased her missile speed. Long range + uber slow missile speed = free harass without minimal retaliation.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Either incredibly strong or incredibly weak. That's the problem with melee supports.

I think support nerf/buffs are pretty much all balanced to match thresh at this point. The guy just has everything a support has. Probably too much.

It's the lantern that makes him such a popular pick. Doesn't matter what they nerf on his other abilities the play making potential with a well placed lantern is too good.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's the lantern that makes him such a popular pick. Doesn't matter what they nerf on his other abilities the play making potential with a well placed lantern is too good.
It does matter. His early game is still super strong, and with mixed damage and easily attainable tankiness he's super threatening in lane. His capacity to zone and have presence in the lane is super high compared to other supports even without the lantern.

Yeah, I think Thresh's "problem" is that he's... well, too well-designed. The majority of supports kind of "fell into it" or were designed at a point in time where the ADC/Support meta was still relatively "young" and not super well understood. You're pretty much just looking at Thresh, Nami, and Lulu as being the entirety of all supports that were designed with fully-modern philosophy, and even Lulu is sort of borderline.

Like, rather than the "old" way of building supports - "just give them some shit that's supportive I guess" - Thresh was built by someone clearly asking, "What do supports need/want to be able to do in lane? What do supports need/want to be able to do late-game? What abilities specifically are desirable for ADCs to have on their supports?" As a result, every piece of his kit is just well-tuned for the role he serves, which ends up making a lot of the older supports look unfocused by comparison.

Boken

Banned
the problem with thresh is that hes always good

laning
adc peeling
engaging
team fighting with aoe
disengaging

hes good at EVERYTHING. hes a front line, mid line and back line support.
since his kit is fundamentally OP (imo), the only thing they can do is shit on his early game to make him a 'mid game, late game' investment. otherwise right now, why wouldnt you play him?

Fuzzery

the problem with thresh is that hes always good

laning
adc peeling
engaging
team fighting with aoe
disengaging

since his kit is fundamentally OP (imo), the only thing they can do is shit on his early game to make him a 'mid game, late game' investment. otherwise right now, why wouldnt you play him?
He gets outscaled by ap supports lategame

Boken

Banned
because i like nami.

lol_nami_by_lunacognite-d665szk.png

goldfishnami_by_jayoh28-d71lfzh.jpg

Boken

Banned
you might be right about sona

hard to call though, due to the high damage jungler meta + engage supports it sounds like a potential bad time for her

i had to lane against a thresh and lucian as varus with a sona support yesterday

it was awful i hated it.

homeboy hovered over leona too and then just switched to sona and locked in.

Sona needs some of her base stats back. The "Siege Minion Sona" nerf was okay at the time because of the meta that was being played, but in the world of 24/7 Kill Lanes it's just way, way more than is necessary to keep her from dominating. Put some meat back on those bones, Riot.

Einbroch

Banned
Go 0/2/1 top, team flames and blames me, then two AFK at base.

End the game with most gold on either side, bottom lane 2/9/1.

LEEEEEEEEEG! <3

Boken

Banned
Sona needs some of her base stats back. The "Siege Minion Sona" nerf was okay at the time because of the meta that was being played, but in the world of 24/7 Kill Lanes it's just way, way more than is necessary to keep her from dominating. Put some meat back on those bones, Riot.

shes a lady

Fuzzery

you mean dfg building annie kind of ap support or ap scaling lulu kind of ap support?

cos selfish thresh building tanky is a pain in the ass himself
Both, there's a reason lulu is run mid when her earlygame sucks. But ya, thresh's lategame is pretty good

zkylon

zkylewd
just tried spellthief mid with lizzy

dunno how i feel about it, they surrendered pretty quick so I couldn't really test it but got like 550g by minute 20ish (upgraded to frostfang).

like it was against a nidalee with jungle sejuani so i knew lane was gonna be cool but eh

Newt

just tried spellthief mid with lizzy

dunno how i feel about it, they surrendered pretty quick so I couldn't really test it but got like 550g by minute 20ish (upgraded to frostfang).

like it was against a nidalee with jungle sejuani so i knew lane was gonna be cool but eh
I tried spellthief on Ezreal, they surrendered 20 too :(.

why do you guys get spellthief on non-supports

did they remove the bit where the passive is turned off by minion kills?

The "thief" passive is, but the GP10 remains, and the flat damage add isn't actually terrible compared to a Doran's Blade start for certain characters who poke intermittently rather than trading. I'm not saying I think it's a great idea, but I can sort of see the logic.

You should get at least a few of the passive procs off when you're returning to lane from backing or roaming/returning from roams. They might need to up the period of time that killing a minion disables it, actually.

Blizzard

Banned
I went ultimate spellthief started Caitlyn. Long range, bonus damages, what could go wrong, right? It turned out that I got owned too much trying to dodge Leona CC without cleanse. I think in a 41 minute game I only got 800 or so gold from the fully upgrade spellthief item, so probably not worth it. I forgot to check the total right before the end.

It was a game that started with the mid laner raging in lobby at the jungler for being a terrible Vi last game, mid said they were going afk, they just wanted to make the other player lose, the other player said they were on their third account, both accused the other of bronze, etc. Game started with homophobic slur anger and so on.

Malphite died a bunch mid as glass cannon build (no abyssal, had chalice but sold it) against Fizz. But Vi went 18/3/13 and had the other team's ADC raging so we were actually carried by jungler + Mundo and the occasional ludicrous damage Malphite ult combo.

And then it turned out I had ranked by accident when I meant to pick normal draft, +19 LP everything turned out better than expected.

zkylon

zkylewd
why do you guys get spellthief on non-supports

did they remove the bit where the passive is turned off by minion kills?

i dunno, fucking around

but like you still get the gp10 and maybe a couple procs here and then with poke spells so it's not so bad

i don't think it's too good tho

Kenai

Wow the annie range nerf is incredibly harsh

It's not like anyone goes ad annie. It was a nice way to rack up some gold with the mastery point :\

I'm gonna miss the harass but it looks like they are trying really hard to nerf Annie support without hurting mid too much. Which they might do since they also lowered the base damage on her spells but increased the scaling and added the -cd to lasting with her Q. I think Annie mid ends up with more damage output overall this way with standard builds.

I think Leona is more annoying to deal with than Annie though. And Thresh isn't going anywhere anytime soon obviously.

2-9 Lee Sin game reminding me why I don't play Lee Sin in ranked.

14-2-10 Pantheon game in a 4v5 that we still won showing why he's op and needs nerfs.

Guaranteed I would have lost both of those games if they were a part of a promo series. I really don't know why I struggle so much in them.

Tizoc

My brother tries Seju
Gets told to go jungle
i explain it to him
I tell him don't do it because u don't know how to jungle
decides to do jungle anyway
Fucks up the jungling and becomes underleveld by midgame
Keeps feeding opposition

Heck I know what jungling is but I avoid it due to just how time consuming it is. WOuld rather push lanes or support instead.

It's kind of silly to me how set in stone Yasuo's item build path is. It's like he was specifically designed with Shiv and IE in mind.

Well... it's because he was? I mean, there's a limited number of critical-related items. Particularly, you have the Phantom Dancer option (albeit with a bit of wasted critical chance) but he really has no good use for the passive because of his minion-dashing, so that really only leaves a very tiny selection, and Infinity Edge is the Rabadon's of crit builds so it's not like you're going to be opting out of that.

Like, there was no mistake when they were making Yasuo what people were going to build on him. He was 100% designed and balance-tested on the predication of the Shiv -> IE build.

It's kind of silly to me how set in stone Yasuo's item build path is. It's like he was specifically designed with Shiv and IE in mind.

I think he would be a better champion without the crit chance passive. It would open him up to more builds and quite frankly it would be a lot easier to balance him in future without having that free crit chance and him being tied down to the strength of those items. Free stats in general seem to be a balance problem, just look at Shyvana.

Heck I know what jungling is but I avoid it due to just how time consuming it is. WOuld rather push lanes or support instead.

Shhh, jungling is the best role. You're involved in almost all of the early game action, you have a lot of control over the outcome of a game, you're not judged on your csing ability or ability to avoid harass, but instead on your game knowledge, fighting ability and leadership skills. It can be a rather unforgiving role when you start I guess, and if your team ever gets a bad jungler it becomes a very painful laning phase unless you counterpicked your opponent.

If you want to learn to jungle I'd highly recommend learning Pantheon.

That would actually be hilarious if a super-coordinated duo used the Targon's passive to cover the "ramp up" on the Spellthief passive to be able to get it stacked with minimal CS loss, but probably not super effective. Maximum style points, though.

You can still remove him from the game quite easily though due to how inherently weak he is himself. He can't out tank Leona in-lane for kills and that situation doesn't improve the older the game gets. He's more like the support equivalent of Pantheon.

I understand why people think he's OP (he isn't) but that factor can be removed from the game so easily it doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom