• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there are counters to that. You can outright ban him. You can block his lantern. His ult is RIDICULOUSLY slow upon cast and anyone smart will see it coming and be able to get out of it. His hook is telegraphed and if you're paying attention it's probably not going to hit you. They nerfed his attack range to make trading as Thresh more dangerous. The problem isn't Thresh being "too strong" or "too OP", the problem is that Riot nerfed the SHIT out of the other supports with S4.

"Just ban him" is a very poor excuse justify the balance of a champion. If we "just ban him" every game, then there's clearly a problem that has to be addressed. I'm not saying he's a 100% ban rate for me (totally not) or for tournets. Imho, in a perfect world, bans should be for banning champs that you dont feel like fighting, or may pose a threat to your comp, or target player bans, not because a champ is better than most others.

Lanterns cant be ward blocked anymore. You'll have a split second to get more than one person to bodyblock a lantern and it's not easy at all. Not as difficult as hiding a ward behind dragon, but still hard.

Yes like mentioned before he rose higher because he was untouched in preseason. Extra gold meant tankier Thresh.

Nekofrog

Banned
"Just ban him" is a very poor excuse justify the balance of a champion. If we "just ban him" every game, then there's clearly a problem that has to be addressed. I'm not saying he's a 100% ban rate for me (totally not) or for tournets. Imho, in a perfect world, bans should be for banning champs that you dont feel like fighting, or may pose a threat to your comp, or target player bans, not because a champ is better than most others.

Lanterns cant be ward blocked anymore. You'll have a split second to get more than person to pile on a lantern and it's not easy at all.

Yes like mentioned before he rose higher because he was untouched in preseason. Extra gold meant tankier Thresh.

The ban was an option, not a necessity. Most of the time when a lantern is thrown out, it's in the middle of a gank/fight. It's thrown right at the carry and easily bodyblocked (has happened numerous times to Newt and Fuzz as my Thresh).

There is nothing wrong with the way Thresh is built right now. He is perfect for his role and honestly, if anything, needs a buff on his ult (FUCK YOU RITO). The other supports need their nerfs reverted.

Boken

Banned
A champion that a lot of people play having a consistent win rate is not the same as a champion not many people play having a consistent win rate.

How is that illogical?

thats not what you said

anyway,
1. higher play rate = harder to read win rate - what does this even mean. statistically, win rate becomes more accurate with more samples so how does it get... harder?
2. if its harder to read, then why are yu making a statement about high play rate statistics
3. theres nothing inherently wrong with a popular champion with a 50% win rate. you seem to imply that the more people playing something, the win rate should be lower there's no reasoning for this.

The ban was an option, not a necessity. Most of the time when a lantern is thrown out, it's in the middle of a gank/fight. It's thrown right at the carry and easily bodyblocked (has happened numerous times to Newt and Fuzz as my Thresh).

There is nothing wrong with the way Thresh is built right now. He is perfect for his role and honestly, if anything, needs a buff on his ult (FUCK YOU RITO). The other supports need their nerfs reverted.

if s4 nerfs were reverted, thresh would still be best tier, just like he was in s3. the difference now is that junglers are even more dangerous, making sona less viable than in s3, so even more threshiness

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Put him in the hands of a player who's very good, but started jungling this season or late last season and therefore hasn't spammed thousands upon thousands of Lee Sin games. What does he look like then? Garbage.
Yeah. I think Pantheon kind of falls into this category. He's got almost a 20% pick rate now but his winrate still only floats around 50%. Almost the definition of a balanced popular champ just looking at the numbers.
Bull. Thresh has dominated his role because he is well suited to it. He has his counters; Lulu is very strong against him in the right hands, and Leona is a skill matchup.
5Bgon2Y.gif

Ocho

I don't think Lulu support is really strong against anyone, atm.

I got dumpstered by a Lulu support yesterday, I was Leona. I couldn't get close to her without receiving a lot of poke. Bad positioning by my part equaled to 50% of my health gone (Lulu + Cait). We got bullied so hard early lane, we lost that game pretty badly.

dimb

3. theres nothing inherently wrong with a popular champion with a 50% win rate. you seem to imply that the more people playing something, the win rate should be lower there's no reasoning for this.
if a champion has a low pick rate only people that really know the champion are playing it. if it has a pick rate that is borderline universal, it means anyone can pick up the champion and win with it. the current round of popular junglers are about as brain dead as it gets, and (surprise) all have good sustain 1-3 that makes them extremely safe picks.

dimb

I didn't realize image replies in a discussion about champions when in disagreement were still a thing.
i'm bringing it back. i just woke up and i come to a thread talking about how pantheon and thresh are in a good place for balance, and lee sin is underpowered.

Boken

Banned
i have nothing against ez to play champions

we still have leesin for those ppl who think theyre too good for easy champions

and ur one to talk about brain dead when you love sejuani

I'm not adding anything to this discussion because my recent play with Thresh demonstrated to me that he's still pretty damn strong
if I can win with him

That said, it's pretty entertaining when Boken gets all academic.

dimb

i have nothing against ez to play champions

we still have leesin for those ppl who think theyre too good for easy champions

and ur one to talk about brain dead when you love sejuani
sejuani is hard. aim ult plus aim q plus spell timings. weak early game and impossible to keep up on clear times with all these sotel junglers. amoo is easy mode and does everything like 100 times easier. i don't really like or play sejuani right now.

Nekofrog

Banned
oh, and let me elaborate a bit why i feel thresh's ult sucks now

in games i spectate and even at the LCS, I see it used so many times as purely a zoning mechanism (stay the fuck away) or a disengage "POOP MAH COIN AND POOP MAH WALL RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AWAY"

Seeing it used to secure a kill on a gank or a straight up 2v2 in botlane is so rare :(

edit: just watching CW vs FNC right now, every single thresh ult has been to zone the other team. sucks, man.

edit #2: I'd trade ALL the damage on the thresh ult for a faster cast

I didn't realize image replies in a discussion about champions when in disagreement were still a thing.

They are always acceptable if they're cute or funny enough.

Anyway, I stick by my guns on Lee Sin: he's the Vayne of junglers. There are so many people who've gotten so good at him that he's always going to be in the rotation, but at his core he really is not good anymore. To put it another way, if you had a hotshot ace carry from DOTA make the switch and needed to train them up fast, would you:

A) Have them play 10 games each as Sivir, Lucian, and Caitlyn, or
B) Have them play 30 games on Vayne?

By the same token, if you had an excellent player you were moving to the jungle who had very little experience there, would you:

A) Have them play 10 games each as Elise, Wukong, and Vi, or
B) Have them play 30 games on Lee Sin?

Feel free to multiply the numbers evenly as you like; 100x3 vs 300, 200x3 vs 600, etc. The effort in to performance out on Vayne and Lee Sin are actually terrible, and the only thing that keeps them in any way relevant is that there are so many players who've already put in the enormous commitment to be good at them keeping them alive.

dimb

lee sin saw a power spike in s4 because of trinkets. his risk level is super low, his sustain is really high, and he's a good sotel jungler. the difficulty of his play is highly overstated.

also who cares about thresh ult? it's not essential to his kit and provides zoning for your ad carry if necessary. thresh still dominates lanes before six.

an ace carry player from dota wouldnt have the mechanics to play ADC, theyd be more suited to top lane

But being able to CS effectively in top lane requires actual mechanics rather than a BT and the ability to see a life bar.*

*Unless you're Tiamat rush Renekton or Shyvana, then fuck it, just mash buttons.

just got handed my second annie loss after laning against sivir and morgana. double spellshield OP.

the lane actually went okay, me and cait just farmed and we farmed better than them. They just had a fed swain and a fed shyvana.

Newt

These champions are not balanced:

Thresh
Leona
Lee Sin
Elise
Wukong
Pantheon
Sivir

I'm not sure how you could debate otherwise.

Type2

Are there any good Janna players in this thread. I want to add her to my roster but my first game back on her was garbage. I believe I started e,q,e,w against a cait soraka lane.

I'm just wondering about the different skill orders that are possible, rune,mastery combos and some laning advice. I know w and e make some good trades. I'm looking to pick her into all the popular supports to try those match ups out.
In fact my support masteries in general need some rethinking .

Edit: looking for matchup advice against Annie,thresh,Leona

Ocho

Are there any good Janna players in this thread. I want to add her to my roster but my first game back on her was garbage. I believe I started e,q,e,w against a cait soraka lane.

I'm just wondering about the different skill orders that are possible, rune,mastery combos and some laning advice. I know w and e make some good trades. I'm looking to pick her into all the popular supports to try those match ups out.

I wouldn't play her right now, she's not in a good spot (unless you really counter their entire team comp). I used to play her R > E > Q > W (early: E, Q, W if jungler would gank, E Q E W otherwise). It's more a farm/safe poke lane, not aggressive at all. Can be countered pretty easily by the holy bot lane trinity. If I remember correctly, I ran AP/Mana Regen runes. Haven't tried her in S4.

Leezard

Thresh
Leona
Lee Sin
Elise
Wukong
Pantheon
Sivir

Agreed. Wukong and Pantheon were decent junglers before, only held down by their lack of sustain. With the spirit stone changes they are out of control.

Janna is perfectly viable if you can play her well. While I'm not completely up to date on her matchups, against Leona you want to be able to cancel her E with your Q.
For runes, builds, masteries, etc, see this guy, hes the best Janna I've ever seen:

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/28951445#profile

Type2

I wouldn't play her right now, she's not in a good spot (unless you really counter their entire team comp). I used to play her E, Q, W. If I remember correctly, I ran AP/Mana Regen runes. Haven't tried her in S4.
I know she's flimsy and can't bang heads against the ops but I just wanna play her anyway. I suppose I could buy lulu but I'm worried she will be gutted soon because if her Midlane. When thresh,Leona and Annie are banned I have nobody besides nami and maybe morg. I hate playing sona and taric.

Newt

I took a look at this guide after, I agree with most of the stuff, and it's pretty in depth.

http://www.lolking.net/guides/246584

I wouldn't play her right now, she's not in a good spot (unless you really counter their entire team comp). I used to play her R > E > Q > W (early: E, Q, W if jungler would gank, E Q E W otherwise). It's more a farm/safe poke lane, not aggressive at all. Can be countered pretty easily by the holy bot lane trinity. If I remember correctly, I ran AP/Mana Regen runes. Haven't tried her in S4.
I prefer R>E>W>Q. She really benefits from being played aggressively; I think she has some negative misconceptions associated with her.

Leezard

Nah, Janna is still very good. She just needs better positioning and skills overall than most other supports, especially when you play her aggressively.

Nekofrog

Banned
Bought Ori since she was on sale and I had never tried her.

I knew it was a mistake. I can't play micro management champs, even when there's only one thing to micro. mah brain

Ferrio

Banned
Where's yasou stand? Seems he's banned every game, and rocks hard every game he's in. This just a case of tynadramere syndrome?

So I'm starting to get into League a bit. Is there a newbie group of people who'd like to get together for a couple of games and don't mind some serious dead weight?

Newt

Where's yasou stand? Seems he's banned every game, and rocks hard every game he's in. This just a case of tynadramere syndrome?
Didn't put him and Kass in the list because they're due for nerfs.
So I'm starting to get into League a bit. Is there a newbie group of people who'd like to get together for a couple of games and don't mind some serious dead weight?
Normally I would mind dead weight, but I can't say no to the guy with the Jorge avatar.

drawkcaB

Thresh
Leona
Lee Sin
Elise
Wukong
Pantheon
Sivir

Jeez Newt, it's not hard to understand man. I play them and I don't always win, ergo they are balanced. Sheesh.

SeigO

Banned
Wow so I tried full AP Mumu jungle and it worked out super well. I wonder if it's actually viable with the new jungle changes, he farms so fast. I feel like his burst potential worth a lot more than sustained harass with certain comps.

brian!

Thresh on sale? Wow, anyone would think it is my birth...

[check calender]

Well played Rito, well played.

Cannot wait to really get stuck into him, as I'm inevitably better on support than anything else. Mainly as I just let everyone else pick and end up with support. Who cares, hooks all day.

happy birthday!

Wow so I tried full AP Mumu jungle and it worked out super well. I wonder if it's actually viable with the new jungle changes, he farms so fast. I feel like his burst potential worth a lot more than sustained harass with certain comps.

The few amumus I've seen since the season 4 changes have mostly built wraith, if that counts for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom