• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still working on that thread. Not too far away now hopefully.

Dunno what people expect when it gets to page 390 and nobody has even indicated they want to do it.

Leezard

Still working on that thread. Not too far away now hopefully.

Dunno what people expect when it gets to page 390 and nobody has even indicated they want to do it.

It's cool as long as the mods are all right with it. Among the regulars in this thread I think Steve winwood is the one who has brought it up the most.

I think the wait will be worth it. :)

Tizoc

With Sivir should I max out her Q or W spell first?
I'm thinking of maxing out Q due to W being mainly used for taking out minions and I don't need it to be stronger until much later as it being Lvl. 1 at least should enough be to defeat a group of minions for gold.

garath

That feeling when you think you've queued up for a nice relaxing normal, get stuck with mid which you've done twice in season 4, pick ahri which you haven't done since early season 3, get first blood on ziggs and do well the entire game, still lose and then see -14 LP on the scoreboard.

Oops.

I could have sworn that was a normal. It was kind of nice because I was playing super relaxed and really doing quite well. Not enough to carry a Cho'gath top who builds nashors first and follows it up with an iceborn gauntlet against a Jax. The Jax literally ran over our team the instant the laning phase ended.

I really really thought that was a normal. Who builds that crap on Cho? The guy had a diamond border too. Wonder who he paid for that one.

On a side note, that Ziggs matchup was a pain. I originally was going to pick Talon but I think that might have been tougher. At least with Ahri it was a battle of who can land the skillshots. If I landed an E he was either chunked to half health or dead depending on the poke. But I had to literally dodge minefields to do so.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
threads are not arbitrarily locked at 20k. if you can't put a new thread up on time you probably shouldn't bother. it is not as though the thread will never get made and league discussion will disappear into a void. spending a long time on the image heavy ops that tax phones and are bloated with excess information is not really helpful to anyone, particularly when the jokes and information are outdated by the time the new thread arrives.

At the end of the last thread (where some wanted to hold on for season 4 changes) we were told to get a new one up because we had passed the threshold. I wasn't sure this time around if I would do it or not but it hit 390+ pages and nobody had claimed it so I decided to give Dobe a hand again.

It's not really fair to say "if you can't put a new thread up on time you probably shouldn't bother". I certainly didn't see you or anyone else bothering to do a thread this time around.

Both of us have been really busy with college but we're doing the best we can, particularly Dobe. We really enjoyed doing the last one and we're enjoying this one, would just ask for a little bit of patience as it was started late and the thread has been moving pretty quickly lately. Not to mention boken's billion fan art posts which accelerates the thread and, while not as bad as the end of OT4, still puts quite a bit of annoying pressure on the people making the OT.

As for the quality of OT, I like doing and appreciate good OTs (FF XIV OT and LoL OT5 I think are good examples of this). It's fun for the people making the OT and the people who frequent the OTs to have threads where effort was clearly put in. Like, we could have just done a shitty repost of OT5 but then people would complain and it wouldn't be as fun.

TLDR pls understand, pls be excited, pls have patience

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
list "quality" ots to...cite your own. it isn't unreasonable to expect an ot rollover on hitting the standardized post cap. if you cannot meet that deadline the scope of your project is probably unreasonable.

list "quality" ots to...cite your own. it isn't unreasonable to expect an ot rollover on hitting the standardized post cap. if you cannot meet that deadline the scope of your project is probably unreasonable.

quality from an image stand point, all of which dob did. not really bigging myself up when I'm talking about the aspect I didn't do.

As for the scope being unreasonable, the deadline was like 3 days after I even considered doing it.

I'm not having you have a go at us for trying to do a decent OT which we're putting a lot of work into. You haven't seen it so you have no reason to criticise the scope, and no reason to criticise us over the deadline because it was impossible to hit without just doing a shitty repost.

If you have a problem with the timing of it, do the next one yourself.

Type2

Gotta agree with dimb here, no need for a fancy OT. If the thread isn't locked though, I really don't mind.
Gonna be down to play today? I've been overworked and plan on making today a chill day.

Also thank you dobe and Phil for doing the new ot.

Edwardo

SUPER WEEK is here!

Super Week is back, and with it comes some crunch time for teams looking to get into the playoffs. Some look to be making late season pushes, such as SK Gaming and the Copenhagen Wolves. For other teams, pickings are beginning to look a bit grim, especially for Alliance and Millenium, who have 6-10 and 5-11 records, respectively.

t1394121600z1.png

Gambit Gaming vs Alliance
SK Gaming vs Roccat
Millenium vs Supa Hot Crew
Fnatic vs SK Gaming
Supa Hot Crew vs Copenhagen Wolves

Following today's LCS action today will game two of the Quarterfinal Round of the EU Challenger Series 2.
Awsomniac vs Steve Bakes Cookies

EU Challenger Series 2 Quarterfinal Preview

Brace Yourselves for NA LCS Super Week

Alliance's Unshakeable Jungler

Power Rankings Week 8

Power Overwhelming - Overpow

EU LCS goes to Carnival

Turning AP into OP in the Top Lane

EU LCS Week 8 Preview

Road Trip! From Austria to the LCS

The Recap: NA Challenger Series 2 Play-In

The Recap: NA LCS Week 7

The Recap: EU Challenger Series 2 Play-In

The Recap: EU LCS Week 7

How to Watch
Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

Authority

Banned
Again time for promo for Silver. I had to carry one game from doing support to going mid with Shen because we had a brilliant malza with 1-6, feeding Velkoz.

One guy bans Jinx, someone leaves and then the other guy bans Hecarim. This tier is wood.

DeadNames

Banned
One time I queued up for normals, said yolo and picked ryze top.

I played pretty well, and their irelia was intentionally feeding.

Game ends and I see +20 lp.

Neato.

Is it possible to go from Silver II to Gold promos? Because the little sidebar thing on my League page is telling me that if I get to 100 LP I'll be in my gold promos.

Urgot is not a very good top laner unfortunately

He's good against a small pool of top laners that mostly aren't played anymore, like Nasus. He really just has to sort of bum around in lane until Lv3 and then anytime Nasus shows his face, he chunks off fully half his health with no real possibility of retaliation. I'd imagine there are a few other match-ups he could pull the stunt in, but I only really ever used him as a cheese counter to the Sustain Teleport Nasus cheese, so I'm not sure.

Einbroch

Banned
He's good against a small pool of top laners that mostly aren't played anymore, like Nasus. He really just has to sort of bum around in lane until Lv3 and then anytime Nasus shows his face, he chunks off fully half his health with no real possibility of retaliation. I'd imagine there are a few other match-ups he could pull the stunt in, but I only really ever used him as a cheese counter to the Sustain Teleport Nasus cheese, so I'm not sure.

He also wrecks Teemo, so that's always good.

drawkcaB

How do I play Skarner? I tried him a few games last night and felt like I contributed little until I picked up a few key items. Are the buffs to his E sufficient for him to gank pre-6 now?

Lost both games and all but one lane fed between the two. Had an Udyr dominate me from the get go as well in the first game, so I'm having a tough time judging whether it was something I was doing wrong or if both games were unwinnable regardless.

drawkcaB

his pre6 ganks got weaker.

Yeah, noticed that. Just wondering if I should skip ganking unless its an excellent opportunity and just farm to 6. There's many instances last night where Volibear ad Xin ganjs would have worked but I didn't bother with Skarner

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
How do I play Skarner? I tried him a few games last night and felt like I contributed little until I picked up a few key items. Are the buffs to his E sufficient for him to gank pre-6 now?

Lost both games and all but one lane fed between the two. Had an Udyr dominate me from the get go as well in the first game, so I'm having a tough time judging whether it was something I was doing wrong or if both games were unwinnable regardless.

I saw soda doing really well building all damage on skarner,triforce and stuff, don't remember the full build.

Who's your first?

Gotta be closer, and his word of wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom