• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

I think you guys are kinda forgetting that the thing stacks.

It's pretty late game in that screenshot and yi has been involved in 22 kills

EXGN

IEM Katowice groups were also posted -

Group A
  1. KT Bullets
  2. Invictus Gaming
  3. Fnatic
  4. Millennium

Group B
  1. Team WE
  2. Gambit Gaming
  3. Cloud 9
  4. TPA

Although it's a bit tough to tell because of regional differences, the groups look horribly lopsided to me. Group B has the #1 EU LCS team, the #1 China LPL team, the # 1 GPL team and the #2 NA team, while Group A has the #7 LPL team, the #8 EU LCS team, the #4 EU LCS team and KTB hasn't exactly been lighting it up either.

I'm thinking KTB and iG move on from group A and WE and Gambit from group B and then WE or Gambit take the whole thing. Group A is tough to call though because Fnatic, iG and KTB have all looked pretty uncoordinated and 'meh' in their respective leagues.

Top may be boring right now, but it's the strongest game-winning role. Most games in the current meta are being decided by a 300 CS Shyvana or Renekton showing up to late game team fights and just shitting all over everyone else through brute force.

Haven't seen any problems with people wanting the role. I'm actually seeing a lot fewer people trying to play ADC, and unfortunately it seems like the lion's share of the people who transitioned out of the role were actually the good ones, leaving a whole lot of wannabe Doublelift's making unreasonable demands and failing on Vayne.

zkylon

zkylewd
No. Mid used to have a lot of variety. Still does - compared to everywhere else that is - but a lot of champs that would otherwise be good just can't be played thanks to certain junglers and assassins being overbearing.

Still not as bad as late S3 mid though. That was the worst balance mid lane had in years.

man s3 was awful

like only thing i felt safe playing as was orianna

quit playing mid for a while too

so fucking annoying with all the fizzes and the kassadins and the zeds

Type2

Dc'd for the first 4mins of a ranked game and my team was at 0-0 and cait played it nice and safe at tower. I come back at lvl 1 and see its viktor support...two mins later im 3-0 with thresh.

I am having trouble deciding if I'm just a little salty that one of my favorite champions (whcih I barely had a 50% win rate on last season anyways) is getting nerfed or I genuinely believe it's unwarranted.

I've played with, as and against quite a few Elises in Season 3 and without bias I don't really see her as a serious problem. She has a 48-49% winrate on lolking, she does have a strong early game but still needs to be in the mix mid and late game and holds that inherent risk.
As an Elise main, the nerfs are warranted. I'm also sick of people insta-locking her for the jungle when I want to play her in lane, only to eventually build shit like Sunfire Cape on her and pose no threat once late game rolls around. Hopefully the average solo queue player will be less eager to play her for a little while after the Q tweaks.

He isn't saying that it's not ok to have champions that are strong early and get weaker late game, he's saying that this playstyle of champion is dominating the meta. If your champion can't do what Elise, Lee Sin and - to a lesser extent - Vi and Kha'Zix and friends do early to mid game, then that champion is simply going to be a tier below.

To all of you claiming that smoothing out Lee Sin's power curve will lead to boring homogeneity, well, that's exactly what the jungle is right now. The ~6 or so top tier champions are similar to each other. In competitive play, there are no top tier counter jungling duelists (Udyr, Shyvana, Olaf), there are no top tier utility junglers (Maokai, Nunu) there are no top tier mADC carry junglers (Tryn, Yi, Jax), and there are no top tier tanks (Nautilus, Sejuani).

In what world are slight Elise nerfs and Lee Sin power shifts not worth potentially and significantly opening up the jungle meta?
To be fair, some of those champions you named aren't played in the jungle just because Lee Sin, Vi, Elise et cetera exist though. Several have their own share of problems for not being a part of the general jungler rotation at this point in time; counter-jungling has been borderline worthless ever since pre-season 4 with how much easier it became to catch up in experience and gold after having your camps repeatedly stolen. It's not a glaring handicap anymore, outside of occasionally taking away the enemy's buffs... which in itself isn't that safe anymore in solo queue. Control junglers like Nautilus, Sejuani and I am Oak aren't favored because teamfights don't last as long anymore compared to when they were popular or very capable, and they had their overall damage toned down to compensate for their utility package when they were in fact commonly picked. Yi and Tryndamere were never acceptable as a reliable pick once people wrapped their head around the concept of map and objective pressure; it's only been realistic to endlessly farm in the jungle all the way back in Season 1 (and prior to this) when everyone was awful at the game. Nunu on his own is arguably one of the worst champions at the moment; nerf after nerf after nerf with Riot not wanting him to be viable anywhere, with his one shtick in his primary role (counter-jungling) being rendered near-useless with the sweeping Season 4 changes. Itemization is also a bigger issue for those champions nowadays.

Elise nerfs and Lee Sin being slightly rebalanced won't change anything (not to disagree that they could use some work) for the above and the only ones that don't belong in that list of your are Shyvanna, Olaf and Udyr. At least those can still simultaneously build tanky, do respectable damage and farm well if picked. Udyr for instance would slap the shit out of Pantheon if the latter tried to counter-gank or fight him head-on.

If I had to guess, some up and coming junglers will be:

Akali (the damages are strong with this one)
Amumu (new spirit stone and building some damage will make him a monster again)
Darius (maybe.. mobo boots nerf hurt him but spirit stone solves his mana problems)
Fizz
Lissandra
Master Yi (watch this new wriggles)
Rengar (again with the wriggles)
Talon

Ya trying to think of different jungles that the usual that might work with the new wriggles.

Maybe twitch, or twisted fate.
Jungle Trundle.

The actual reason Maokai fell out of favor is because people got better at jungling.

Maokai's ganks are incredibly strong... if he's 2v1. These days most ganks are counter-ganked because junglers have gotten much better at reading the game and guessing where their opponents are going to go, and Maokai's 2v2 is pretty bad. He contributes some good easy CC that makes him hard to run from and therefore easy to secure a kill when your opponents can't fight, but if they can turn and fight he's just not actually very strong because that CC is "soft" and the CDs on his damage are painfully long, making it hard for him to stick out an early-game fight if his target isn't immediately bursted down.

He could probably use some minor buffs to base stats or something to give him a fair shake in early fights. Maybe move some damage off Sapling Toss (which is actually hilariously powerful with the AP that Maokai never builds, but impractical) onto his linear knockback.

zkylon

zkylewd
As an Elise main, the nerfs are warranted. I'm also sick of people insta-locking her for the jungle when I want to play her in lane, only to eventually build shit like Sunfire Cape on her and pose no threat once late game rolls around. Hopefully the average solo queue player will be less eager to play her for a little while after the Q tweaks.

what's your build on her?

like tons of mpen + like a randuins or something?

Boken

Banned
The actual reason Maokai fell out of favor is because people got better at jungling.

Maokai's ganks are incredibly strong... if he's 2v1. These days most ganks are counter-ganked because junglers have gotten much better at reading the game and guessing where their opponents are going to go, and Maokai's 2v2 is pretty bad. He contributes some good easy CC that makes him hard to run from and therefore easy to secure a kill when your opponents can't fight, but if they can turn and fight he's just not actually very strong because that CC is "soft" and the CDs on his damage are painfully long, making it hard for him to stick out an early-game fight if his target isn't immediately bursted down.

He could probably use some minor buffs to base stats or something to give him a fair shake in early fights. Maybe move some damage off Sapling Toss (which is actually hilariously powerful with the AP that Maokai never builds, but impractical) onto his linear knockback.
he also runs oom in the jungle

the glory that was OGN group stage picks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avj12x5r3ao

Ferga

So after losing 7 games yesterday, 3 of which to afksI experience more afks in 3/4 of my games today.

Yeah. I think i'm done with this game.

Blizzard

Banned
So after losing 7 games yesterday, 3 of which to afksI experience more afks in 3/4 of my games today.

Yeah. I think i'm done with this game.
Supposedly leaverbuster gets some of them, but I still wonder how often people get banned...plus I feel like Riot's servers are so flaky, some of them may legitimately be people crashing or stuck unable to reconnect.

Supposedly leaverbuster gets some of them, but I still wonder how often people get banned...plus I feel like Riot's servers are so flaky, some of them may legitimately be people crashing or stuck unable to reconnect.

Back when I first started playing I got banned for two days because I was leaving games

I didn't get that it wasn't really a thing people did.

Boken

Banned
How do you not know how servers work, Jesus christ

If just a few people are disconnecting it's because they're dick heads and not because of servers

Blizzard

Banned
How do you not know how servers work, Jesus christ

If just a few people are disconnecting it's because they're dick heads and not because of servers
It could be their ISPs, Boken.

Have you never had a game where 1-2 people disconnected, and then they come back later? We've had GAF people do that, haven't we? And we know they're honorable. Don't be heartless!

Most recently with the servers, I've had a situation with crazy lag, then when I try to quit and restart I get the firewall message over and over, then eventually I can get back in and lag is usually better. But during that time, my teammates are able to play.

Ferga

Most of them weren't dcs. It's straight out rage quits because people lost their lanes hard or people getting pissed at their support/adcs.

he also runs oom in the jungle

The changes to Spirit Stone should have actually helped with that somewhat, but it's still a pretty big problem on his early clears, yeah. Unfortunately, while his passive does help somewhat with jungle sustain he still relies very heavily on pretty expensive abilities to maintain a good clear speed, and doesn't have the option of just going "low mana mode" without losing way too much speed.

I'll check him out a bit later. I'm trying to go alphabetic in my jungler checks for the sake of easier management, but he's probably worth a look. I think he might have some decent value in the current European 50-minute game meta due to his ultimate's value increasing significantly in late-game Baron/inhibitor turret fights.

Though, I'd be worried that most of the current popular junglers would actually just try and counter-jungle him since his 1v1 is always going to be pretty bad.

It could be their ISPs, Boken.

Have you never had a game where 1-2 people disconnected, and then they come back later? We've had GAF people do that, haven't we? And we know they're honorable. Don't be heartless!

Most recently with the servers, I've had a situation with crazy lag, then when I try to quit and restart I get the firewall message over and over, then eventually I can get back in and lag is usually better. But during that time, my teammates are able to play.

This happened in Oceania, and Riot confirmed it was a problem with some ISPs. Including Telecom in NZ which is probably the most popular ISP. My friend was left in a game 1v4 after 5 players across both teams were kicked.

Tizoc

I can't solo top.
Ever.
I go solo top as trynda vs. 2 champs I can't push at fucking all.
What exactly is the idea behind going solo top if I can't help my lane? I know I should ask for gank assist, but I'd be too busy keeping an eye on my area to request it. Plus I worry I may fail at helping the other player with the gank.

Another thing:
Mercury Treds decrease the period of status effects by 35%, is there any possible way to increase this reduction?

Considering Vi is not that great end game, they nerfed her.

What type of wood logic is that?
Say what?

And regardless of that, the only thing that was nerfed is her early-mid game which is fucking silly and it was ever so slightly. 20 seconds on her ult and a bit less of base damage on her Q isn't stopping her from killing your mid laner over and over and over and over

I can't solo top.
Ever.
I go solo top as trynda vs. 2 champs I can't push at fucking all.
What exactly is the idea behind going solo top if I can't help my lane? I know I should ask for gank assist, but I'd be too busy keeping an eye on my area to request it. Plus I worry I may fail at helping the other player with the gank.

Another thing:
Mercury Treds decrease the period of status effects by 35%, is there any possible way to increase this reduction?
You're probably still not 30, right? The idea behind solo top is to give someone the entirety of a lane's gold. If they go 2v1 your lane will be hell, yes, but your jungler will have full control of the entire map and the other team won't be able to do shit about it.

Also the only way to increase tenacity after getting a tenacity item is either you have CC reduction as part of your kit (Mundo, Irelia) and/or you get the last mastery on the Defense tree (which is an extra 15% if I recall correctly)

But is Irelia a bad pick in competitive play, or is Wickd a bad pick in competitive play? (Actually he hasn't done that bad on her compared to most of his champions...)

Tizoc

Thanks for the info, Stone Ocean.

Could someone explain just how Olaf's Reckless Swing works? It's description makes no sense to me.

Authority

Banned
Say what?

And regardless of that, the only thing that was nerfed is her early-mid game which is fucking silly and it was ever so slightly. 20 seconds on her ult and a bit less of base damage on her Q isn't stopping her from killing your mid laner over and over and over and over

You're probably still not 30, right? The idea behind solo top is to give someone the entirety of a lane's gold. If they go 2v1 your lane will be hell, yes, but your jungler will have full control of the entire map and the other team won't be able to do shit about it.

Also the only way to increase tenacity after getting a tenacity item is either you have CC reduction as part of your kit (Mundo, Irelia) and/or you get the last mastery on the Defense tree (which is an extra 15% if I recall correctly)

Her beginning - mid game should be strong. She is decent in late game and not too bad in team fights but junglers like Chogath/Jarvan/Shyvana/Udyr/Amumu/Malphite bring more to the team than Vi.

Chogath - Silence, Stun, Ulti, AP/Tank.
Jarvan - Tank, Ulti which can force many enemies to flash/disrupt/ect.
Udyr - One of the greatest most annoying junglers/engagers and a great tank.
Shyvana - Great tank with a spamable Ulti.
Amumu - Great tank, Stun, Aoe Ulti Stun.
Malphite - Great tank, Slow, Aoe Ulti Stun.

She is not that great in team battles. She can be good but it is more dependent on your team setup and how your team performs rather than being able to "lead"/"carry"/"make plays". What I am trying to say that she is sort of a sniper and you must be a really good one to make plays because if you fuck up you are dead, and easily so.

She's a super tanky bruiser - as tanky as most of the junglers you mentioned - that deals huge damage with inescapable CC that can be used from over 2000 units away. She can pick off any target she wants and there's nothing you can do about it short of having Zhonya's or Banshee's, and hell she can actually kill said target alone if she's ahead enough, not to mention the amazing synergy she creates in team comps, if you get hit you are dead.

If you don't see how this is better in teamfights than Udyr running torwards you I don't know what to tell you.
Thanks for the info, Stone Ocean.

Could someone explain just how Olaf's Reckless Swing works? It's description makes no sense to me.
You use your own health as a resource to deal true damage on a target. True damage deals the exact amount it says it does, ignoring resistances. If you kill something with it, the health cost is refunded, and auto attacks decrease the cooldown.

Boken

Banned
Vi can straight up delete any squishy she chooses by pointing and clicking. Nobody on that list can do that.

anyway, vi late game is kept in check by the introduction to morgana support.
morg support, making vi junglers miserable since '14.

vi, pantheon and then khazix n wukong further behind are the god tier junglers right now. in competitive, add elise and lee sin to the front runner pack. personally im surprised they havent addressed pantheon, but he really is just an amazing pubstomper with less popularity in compo than vi

Tizoc

Thanks again Stone Ocean.
Gonna try Sivir, she seems like my kinda character although I neglect to keep an eye on my mana =V

What're her starter items and what should my build focus on?

Thanks again Stone Ocean.
Gonna try Sivir, she seems like my kinda character although I neglect to keep an eye on my mana =V

What're her starter items and what should my build focus on?
All adcs start with Doran's Blade 1 pot yellow trinket normally.

You should be getting the most damage you can with a little defense later on. Basically rush a Bloodthirster > Berserker Greaves > Phantom Dancer / Statikk Shiv (your choice, though I believe PD is the better choice in most cases right now?) > Last Whisper > Infinity Edge > Defensive item (Guardian's Angel / Banshee's Veil / Randuin's Omen, depends on what you need to not die)

PW/Shiv and LW can be switched around and you can get your defensive item anytime after you get Bloodthirster + LW. Just gotta make sure you get BT first and that LW is your third item at most.

Tizoc

OK so Bloodthirster>Boots>Last Whisper as first set, got it.
I'll make my last items defensive and MAYBE swap out the boots for Zephyr?

Reading up on her abilities, I shouldn't use her Ulti unless we're like escaping? I see no other reason for that unless in the rare occurrence we must chase escaping enemies but even then fighting in the mid would result in there being too many branch paths they could escape through.

You only sell boots for Zephyr if you don't need Homeguard and only after you get all other items.

Her ult is used more often to engage instead of running away. You can pick off targets easily with the team-wide speed boost it gives.

She's alright at solo top. I used to do it before she got reworked. A lot depends on how well you can bully the enemy and utilize spell shield.

There are ADCs better at going solo top though (Quinn, Vayne, Cait).

Tizoc

I've seen Urgot being used once and that was when playing with a team where our Wukong up and disconnected.
We still won the game despite being 4v5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom