• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleh Alistar isn't for me sadly, his W pushes them AWAY from you, repositioning myself is tricky with this slow oaf.
Let's try Dr. Mundo, for offense should I build AP or Attack?
Ali is high skill cap. You're not supposed to use just his W most of the time, but cancel it into his Q for a long range knockup. You'll only want to use his W alone for peeling.

garath

Why does that arctic ops Varus skin look like butt? The animations are so cool and I even like the splash a little.

Dammit Riot.

I'll still buy it :(

Hmm Mundo seems fine just need to have his health regen high. Doesn't seem to need cooldown so I'll go tank+health regen, maybe with some life steal tacked in?

Are mundo's abilities AP or AD? I think his W is the only AP attack right?

You might want to start checking the wiki if you're delving into the number stuff.

Edwardo

SUPER WEEK is here!

Super Week's here and we’ve got sixteen games to play over a span of three days starting Friday, March 7. The 2014 spring split is coming down to the wire with only four weeks left in the regular season. This is the time for the North American LCS teams to put their skills to the test and secure or improve their spot in the standings.

t1394222400z1.png

Evil Genuises vs Cloud9 HyperX
Team Coast vs Team SoloMid
Counter Logic Gaming vs Team Dignitas
Curse vs XDG
Team Coast vs Team Dignitas

Brace Yourselves for NA LCS Super Week

Zuna: Whatever the Team Needs

XDG: Counting on Sheep

Power Rankings Week 8

The Recap: NA Challenger Series 2 Play-In

The Recap: NA LCS Week 7

How to Watch
Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

Bleh Alistar isn't for me sadly, his W pushes them AWAY from you, repositioning myself is tricky with this slow oaf.
Let's try Dr. Mundo, for offense should I build AP or Attack?

Alistar is actually really fun if you master him. If you can get his combo down, you use your W to get near them and then Q before they can get knocked away. Or you can Q them, run behind them, and knock them any direction you want.

Burt

i ain't saying new xerath is op, but godamn you guys need to try this.

I absolutely despise his new ult. The travel time is shitty, the splash is small, and who the hell thought it would be a good idea to have it cast with R instead of right click? So annoying.

His regular abilities are decent enough though. New W is great, but gets balanced out by the stun orb being pretty shitty, especially in comparison to how his old stun worked.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I absolutely despise his new ult. The travel time is shitty, the splash is small, and who the hell thought it would be a good idea to have it cast with R instead of right click? So annoying.

His regular abilities are decent enough though. New W is great, but gets balanced out by the stun orb being pretty shitty, especially in comparison to how his old stun worked.
stun orb is the best thing! or atleast the best thing thats not his passive.

its cheap, reasonable cooldown and the stun scales with distance rather than levels, so one point is fine. it's his one good gank defense that keeps him from failing horribly if someone's gap-closing on him.

why would anyone prefer his old stun where you had to consume a mark.

---

as for his ult, it's awkward. im kinda 50/50. half the time im clearing towers of minions, half the time im actually aiming at enemy champs. it's a nice support tool for team-mates but not really great in lane.

Ocho

Aren't ult recasts always R? It makes sense.

Burt

stun orb is the best thing! or atleast the best thing thats not his passive.

its cheap, reasonable cooldown and the stun scales with distance rather than levels, so one point is fine. it's his one good gank defense that keeps him from failing horribly if someone's gap-closing on him.

why would anyone prefer his old stun where you had to consume a mark.

---

as for his ult, it's awkward. im kinda 50/50. half the time im clearing towers of minions, half the time im actually aiming at enemy champs. it's a nice support tool for team-mates but not really great in lane.

Point and click, no collision with minions or other champions, incredibly easy to consume with his ult or Q. Was still pretty much instant in conjunction with his other spells, maybe a quarter or half second overall, but still about the same as it is now considering the travel time on the orb.

His basic kit is fantastic aside from the cast time on his Q which makes it kinda wonky - tap Q to cast it quick, but if you change the position of your mouse before the spell comes out it'll change directions as well. E is a great stun with a CD low enough for some clutch peeling.

His ult is just obnoxious. The travel time makes it impossible for me to land on targets with a reasonable amount of MS, and the AoE is deceptively small. Later on it basically turns into a Cait ult that you use to poke down targets before a fight, and even then the damage is nothing to write home about.

Balance wise he should be OP in poke comps.

zkylon

zkylewd
His basic kit is fantastic aside from the cast time on his Q which makes it kinda wonky - tap Q to cast it quick, but if you change the position of your mouse before the spell comes out it'll change directions as well. E is a great stun with a CD low enough for some clutch peeling.

His ult is just obnoxious. The travel time makes it impossible for me to land on targets with a reasonable amount of MS, and the AoE is deceptively small. Later on it basically turns into a Cait ult that you use to poke down targets before a fight, and even then the damage is nothing to write home about.

Balance wise he should be OP in poke comps.
pretty much yea

I use his ult a lot to just "countergank" bot and just scare people off or turn fights around. remember ult lasts 10 seconds so you don't have to burst people with it, just take your time and aim

basically he's a super lux, tons of cc and early game spammy damage from range but he actually scales well and doesn't spend half a teamfight waiting for cooldowns

Tizoc

Alistar is actually really fun if you master him. If you can get his combo down, you use your W to get near them and then Q before they can get knocked away. Or you can Q them, run behind them, and knock them any direction you want.

Yeah I was thinking that's the way to go. Might try that on a vs. AI match to test it out.
Just 2000 IP til I unlock Trundle~

Teambuilder isn't up yet, but people already starting to yolo team comp.

FVRua9m.png

Global on top of global, on top of global, on top of global, on top of global, and throw in 5 more teleports why don't you.

Just seems like a fun 5 man premade to me unless that was by accident in solo q then I don't even....

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Global on top of global, on top of global, on top of global, on top of global, and throw in 5 more teleports why don't you.

Just seems like a fun 5 man premade to me unless that was by accident in solo q then I don't even....

It was solo q, someone just scream "LET"S DO SOMETHING FUN". We decided to do revive teleport global team, then I veto'ed revive cause jungler need smite.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
How did it pan out?

We slaughter them, it must been a long time since people face karthus. They always fight on top of me, people just keep dying on top of my corpse, not knowing to move away.

I also dive into baron 1 vs 3, they killed me, but jungler didn't smite so my ghost E took the baron. And then the ad carry and mid die also died in the E. I didn't even know I got baron since I was so focus on q'ing their team.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Oh man, got the biggest smile on my face. Unlocked a new champion, and just had about three games on him. I may be rubbish, I may never seem to do damage or actually be useful. By god, does it feel like I'm making plays though.

All hail the new waifu, Lee Sin.

Wait a minute. Anyway, he's just so much fun to play. I'm nowhere near any level of being able to use him correctly, but I love whooshing about the place. Flash behind a guy, kick them into team. Yolo save someone with the shield. Sniping a recalling Lux on her tower.

I'm not sure about the exact damage/tank mix I should be going for. I'm in the jungle, and I'm not even sure if I should go elder lizard or golem for the first item. Had a really long game, and ended up getting a hydra as we ended up with all of top and the nexus turrets down, and an Aatrox about 4 hits away from winning it with everyone dead. Thresh respawns, homeguards and hooks him. I shield in, kick him away just as Ziggs comes up and unleashes the bomb. He moved left for about half a second before he just exploded upwards. Least damage on team for me though. Less than Thresh.

Haters be damned, this is exactly the kind of jungler I want to play. Well, Amumu five man ulting a team is pretty good too, I guess.

Oh man, got the biggest smile on my face. Unlocked a new champion, and just had about three games on him. I may be rubbish, I may never seem to do damage or actually be useful. By god, does it feel like I'm making plays though.

All hail the new waifu, Lee Sin.

Wait a minute. Anyway, he's just so much fun to play. I'm nowhere near any level of being able to use him correctly, but I love whooshing about the place. Flash behind a guy, kick them into team. Yolo save someone with the shield. Sniping a recalling Lux on her tower.

I'm not sure about the exact damage/tank mix I should be going for. I'm in the jungle, and I'm not even sure if I should go elder lizard or golem for the first item. Had a really long game, and ended up getting a hydra as we ended up with all of top and the nexus turrets down, and an Aatrox about 4 hits away from winning it with everyone dead. Thresh respawns, homeguards and hooks him. I shield in, kick him away just as Ziggs comes up and unleashes the bomb. He moved left for about half a second before he just exploded upwards. Least damage on team for me though. Less than Thresh.

Haters be damned, this is exactly the kind of jungler I want to play. Well, Amumu five man ulting a team is pretty good too, I guess.

You pick Mumu into the jungle against Lee and you will feel the wraith of being countered jungle, and getting your ass handed to you in the jangle.

Lee pretty much shit on every jungler there is in the early game, and Mumu is as useless as you can get early. Of course things turn around late game.. but that's if you get there picking someone like mumu into Lee.

TL:DR - GO WITH LEE.

Ferrio

Banned
We slaughter them, it must been a long time since people face karthus. They always fight on top of me, people just keep dying on top of my corpse, not knowing to move away.

I also dive into baron 1 vs 3, they killed me, but jungler didn't smite so my ghost E took the baron. And then the ad carry and mid die also died in the E. I didn't even know I got baron since I was so focus on q'ing their team.

Any fancy teleport shenanigans?

Also how is Volibear right now? Had him in aram... found him interesting. Also he looks like the new wriggles will be *perfect* on him.

heytred

Neo Member
Was team captain in draft normals, picked Kennen mid... so their mid "counter-picked" Galio.

So I switched to ADC Runes/Masteries. lmao, let's see how this goes.

Fiora is blessed holy shit

I keep winning the stupidiest matchest with shit like our bot lane having a fit after losing fb 5 minutes and the support coming mid to support me, mooching off my XP and getting my lane camped when I'm not doing so hot to begin with.

drawkcaB

Also how is Volibear right now? Had him in aram... found him interesting. Also he looks like the new wriggles will be *perfect* on him.

Finished a 5 game test set with him in the jungle and found him excellent and right now seems like he'll find a spot in my main jungle picks. His early ganks are really strong unless the opposing laners are super mobile. Seems like every opposing player I fought underestimated me time and time again - knock down drag out fights with him are super fun. Loads of damage between his W and ultimate. His main issue is that his initiation isn't very good as far as tanky frontliners goes. Unless you have a hard initiator on your team you'll default to peeling.

But honestly, my favorite part of him is overall feel. He really feels like you're playing giant bear. Brawling with him is a hoot. Definitely recommend trying him out.

OMG

Avatars, in League's forums. Finally.
Code:
http://avatar.leagueoflegends.com/{region}/{summoner name}.png
  • This service will automatically update as you change your icon in-client
  • Allow up to an hour for changes to show up on the web
  • This service will not affect any pre-existing avatars (i.e. Rioters / Wrenchmen)

drawkcaB

Having a bit of a tough time deciding which of my potential junglers I want to try next. Several of the ones on my to-do list are due for decent nerfs or buffs that could skew results, so I want to pick between Trundle, Amumu, and Udyr, but can't decide. Particularly undecided on Udyr. I'd like to try him as a pick vs. Amumu, Naut, etc. type junglers but I feel like I already have some picks that could fill that role decently well (Vi, Skarner if the change to E goes through, Xin) so I'm not sure if trying him out is necessary. I'd rather keep playing Sejuani than Amumu but until her early game is buffed I'm hesitant to play her more.

Thoughts?

Ali is high skill cap. You're not supposed to use just his W most of the time, but cancel it into his Q for a long range knockup. You'll only want to use his W alone for peeling.

People make a big deal out of the Headbutt -> Pulverize combo, but it's actually not very good in lane most of the time. The better lane combo is (Flash) Pulverize -> Use Alistar's Passive to walk right through the target while they're knocked into the air -> Headbutt them backwards/up against a wall.

In lane, you also want to be looking to Headbutt people against a wall in general. If they're already against the wall when you use it, it effectively becomes a stun; think of it as being like Vayne's Condemn. If you can Headbutt someone up against a wall and follow it up with a Pulverize a second later, they are completely and totally beyond screwed.

For team fights, the crux of Alistar is knowing when to try and Headbutt -> Pulverize or Flash Pulverize into the middle of a clumped enemy team for engage, and when to just hold onto everything to peel for your carries. Usually it depends on your team's composition versus the enemy team's as to which is the better choice. If they have weak dive and you have mobile carries (LeBlanc/Lucian), it's usually better to engage. If they have strong dive and you have immobile hyper carries (Syndra/Jinx) you're likely better off just playing bodyguard.

There's actually a lot of similarity between Leona and Alistar in terms of their overall passage of play, with the major difference being that Leona's "easy" initiate is much more powerful (Solar Flare -> Zenith Blade) than Alistar's (Headbutt -> Pulverize), but Alistar's "specialized" initiate (Flash Pulverize -> Headbutt) is much better. He also ends up similarly tanky mid/late game because of the raw beef on his ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom