• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So I posted about trying to get gold in the Reddit thread for the season 3 extension yesterday. Got home and had a new friend request. Didn't recognize the name but I figured it was someone I played with the day before. Turns out he saw my post and he's like "let's get you gold." I figure one game can't hurt, let's give it a shot. He first picks Poppy, I'm thinking this dude is just messing with me.

He was not messing with me.

You know how some people have like 800 games on the same champ? Well this guy is one of those dudes. And that champ is Poppy. Holy moly.

I played Sona, landed some nice ults and got my carry fed. Poppy handled top and went on to wreck faces everywhere and we won. woot. Dude says he's going to play Poppy until we lose, I say fine with me, we win 3 more and I get into Silver 1.

Three weeks to go!

I don't know what's wrong with poppy players, but they are always the most dedicated. I never heard of people playing veigar, shyvanna or volibear for 800 games non stop.

I think I going to start playing voli every lane for 800 games nonstop from now on.

Huehuehue

Why the stress though, I'm the one entitled to be polite with retards and make them fit in our carrying routine

I just find ranked stressful.

Especially when I'm supporting people like that Vayne we had.

Like we carried her through it, despite her being a cock, but was still stressful.

Cathcart

I don't know what's wrong with poppy players, but they are always the most dedicated. I never heard of people playing veigar, shyvanna or volibear for 800 games non stop.

I think I going to start playing voli every lane for 800 games nonstop from now on.
Ha, yeah. I love seeing a good Poppy player; she was free the week I started playing so she's one of the champs I learned the game on and even though I'm terrible with her I always root for Poppy.

But man, lookup any champ on lolking and then click on the Summoners tab. There's always people with like 1000+ games for every champ, it's crazy. It's even crazier when you realize those numbers only count season 3 games.

Of course, some of them have 1500 games with a champ and they're in Bronze...

Leezard

Ha, yeah. I love seeing a good Poppy player; she was free the week I started playing so she's one of the champs I learned the game on and even though I'm terrible with her I always root for Poppy.

But man, lookup any champ on lolking and then click on the Summoners tab. There's always people with like 1000+ games for every champ, it's crazy. It's even crazier when you realize those numbers only count season 3 games.

Of course, some of them have 1500 games with a champ and they're in Bronze...

I have a friend with 1000+ games played with Tristana in S3, and he's in Bronze. He's not even good with Tristana, it's just his favorite.

I can't even put my head at people playing over a thousand games in a season. I mean, I get pro players, they stream and that's their job, but Silver players with 3000 games? Shit, I barely have 400 games in S3 and I play a fucking lot.

ZxsV6jp.png

82AWXJb.jpg

top lee: *loses to top tryn* "annie what the fuck is up with your build"
annie: "im up against zed you idiot" (wraith rush)

wow
am i in my promos to gold
or bronze

Newt

ZxsV6jp.png

82AWXJb.jpg

top lee: *loses to top tryn* "annie what the fuck is up with your build"
annie: "im up against zed you idiot" (wraith rush)

wow
am i in my promos to gold
or bronze
It doesn't get any better, imo. To me Gold I feels just like bronze. I doubt Plat will be any different when I get there.

Rushing Wraiths Vs Zed? Are you sure you aren't in promos for Aluminum?

After getting promoted I checked the profile of the Singed that was on my team - who died like 4 times to their Riven before laning phase was over. Turns out he was Bronze 1. In a Silver 1 game.

I am terrified of this happening again. GG Matchmaking

Cathcart

I mean, that's not a great game or anything but Singed dying a few times to Riven early game isn't a big shocker.

Maybe he was duo with someone else on your team?

Yeah, Riven creams Singed. Pretty much anyone with a strong early game (Riven) or great at kiting without sustain issues. Teemo is such a goddamn nightmare for Singed.

It doesn't get any better, imo. To me Gold I feels just like bronze. I doubt Plat will be any different when I get there.
I just want to make some progress this season. I want to at least move a division every season. :( In S2 I debuted 1300 (~silver) then dropped to 900. Trolls/ragers traumatized me so I stopped playing for a long while.

---

70izgFk.png

CuVsQty.gif

Nyjacky is actually famously devoted to Veigar. He has an account called Crs Veigar that used to have the highest ranked solo queue Elo in North America for long stretches of time, and you can probably guess what he was playing on it. Always was kind of a shame that Curse never let him play it in more than one or two professional matches.

There's a lot of extremely high Elo "devotees", though, past and present. There's something to be said for playing the game more like a fighting game, and learning how to play your chosen champion perfectly in every possible match-up, rather than simply choosing more favorable match-ups, especially for top/mids.

bjaelke

Indonesian servers are a go.
Make the switch and you’ll earn Full Metal Jayce and Red Baron Corki for your new account across the Pacific! If you already own Jayce and/or Corki, we’ll add their IP cost to your Indonesian account. Good luck, have fun and we’ll see you on the Indonesian Fields of Justice!

double tenacity?

Is that bad? I'm still a freshman when it comes to item combinations.

I bought the Golem for the early tankiness and cooldown reduction. I bought the Merc Treads for the MR because (a) their AD's were behind and (b) I didn't want to buy another MR item until later if necessary at all.

I felt like it was *just enough* MR to deal with their AP champs without slowing my move towards Omen and TF. Also, my understanding is that Tenacity stacks...and I really don't like being CC'd. Usually I build cooldown boots on her to great success (I like getting off as many Q's as possible). Mercs were a big change for me. If they aren't recommended or if having more Tenacity is not recommended, do let me know.

someone picked trist (ap or ad idk) into pantheon

brb committing sudoku

nah you got this shit son.

bjaelke

"Unique passive: tenacity" items don't stack, but you can get extra tenacity from masteries and champion abilities (Irelia, Mundo, Garen).

I bought the Golem for the early tankiness and cooldown reduction. I bought the Merc Treads for the MR because (a) their AD's were behind and (b) I didn't want to buy another MR item until later if necessary at all.

I felt like it was *just enough* MR to deal with their AP champs without slowing my move towards Omen and TF. Also, my understanding is that Tenacity stacks...and I really don't like being CC'd. Usually I build cooldown boots on her to great success (I like getting off as many Q's as possible). Mercs were a big change for me. If they aren't recommended or if having more Tenacity is not recommended, do let me know.

Tenacity only stacks from non-item sources. You can stack Tenacity from an item with built-in kit Tenacity (Irelia's passive, Mundo's W, etc.), or with pseudo-Tenacity from the Defense tree Masteries, but not from two items that both have it listed as a Unique Passive.

Not a terrible pick-up if you just really wanted the MR, though in that situations Swiftness Boots can actually be pretty fun on Vi: they reduce the potency of slows (rather than the duration), making them stack. They also reduce the potency of self-slows, including Vault Breaker's move speed reduction.

Though most Vi players would just go Mobility for better map movement, I suspect.

garath

nah you got this shit son.

As the guys have said, tenacity on items doesn't stack and merc treads aren't worth it for the MR alone, especially considering how good tabis are. You are paying 475 gold combine cost for 5 MR over just a null mantle alone.

Buy Tabis for the defense and just carry around a null mantle or negatron cloak to build into something else later if you need the MR. Aegis is good, banshee's veil, spirit visage (the cooldown reduction is great on Vi).

edit: duh, Hexdrinker real solid early pickup for MR as well

garath

ive been visited by the doge bird of shibe

no enemy support

enemy teemo and panth on top, arguing since 00:00

vayne 1v2 a sona and cait

thanks doge

doge exemplars

Gratz!!! Before long all GAF league players will be gold or better. We are an elite crew haha.

As the guys have said, tenacity on items doesn't stack and merc treads aren't worth it for the MR alone, especially considering how good tabis are. You are paying 475 gold combine cost for 5 MR over just a null mantle alone.

Buy Tabis for the defense and just carry around a null mantle or negatron cloak to build into something else later if you need the MR. Aegis is good, banshee's veil, spirit visage (the cooldown reduction is great on Vi).

edit: duh, Hexdrinker real solid early pickup for MR as well

Tenacity only stacks from non-item sources. You can stack Tenacity from an item with built-in kit Tenacity (Irelia's passive, Mundo's W, etc.), or with pseudo-Tenacity from the Defense tree Masteries, but not from two items that both have it listed as a Unique Passive.

Not a terrible pick-up if you just really wanted the MR, though in that situations Swiftness Boots can actually be pretty fun on Vi: they reduce the potency of slows (rather than the duration), making them stack. They also reduce the potency of self-slows, including Vault Breaker's move speed reduction.

Though most Vi players would just go Mobility for better map movement, I suspect.
understood. thanks, guys!

ive been visited by the doge bird of shibe

nm3y.png

DeadNames

Banned
Zeds swashbucklers, bronze 1

No one is near this level

But really, what are some thing I can focus on to improve my game? I mainly play aatrox top

Zeds swashbucklers, bronze 1

No one is near this level

But really, what are some thing I can focus on to improve my game? I mainly play aatrox top

I saw a great improvement in my games when I put more emphasis on objectives. Eg:
- Our jungler comes, we kill 1 at bot lane. Shove and take dragon.
- Late game. One slow enemy too busy pushing/farming bot. Take Baron.
- 1-2mins before dragon/baron respawns. Ward and deward.
- Time the objectives. Can't stress this enough.

Duo really helps too, as long as your friend is calm and plays as a team.

Gratz!!! Before long all GAF league players will be gold or better. We are an elite crew haha.
I didn't get into the cool kids' club aka Soraka's Cavaliers though. :(

DeadNames

Banned
I saw a great improvement in my games when I put more emphasis on objectives. Eg:
- Our jungler comes, we kill 1 at bot lane. Shove and take dragon.
- Late game. One slow enemy too busy pushing/farming bot. Take Baron.
- 1-2mins before dragon/baron respawns. Ward and deward.
- Time the objectives. Can't stress this enough.

Duo really helps too, as long as your friend is calm and plays as a team.

I didn't get into the cool kids' club aka Soraka's Cavaliers though. :(

Yeah, I'd duo with my friend, but if he dies, its my fault so its not a very fun experience.

Bob White

You know, just a 20ish game losing streak. Almost back to silver 5 from almost silver 1.

Yup......................................................FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom