• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why not the same same price as underworld TF (which I probably will pick up)?
i dunno. riot tuned back the number of skin releases to up the quality, but at the same time they increased the prices. pbe stuff is never certain, but it seems like zyra will only have skins that cost extra $$$.

i dunno. riot tuned back the number of skin releases to up the quality, but at the same time they increased the prices. pbe stuff is never certain, but it seems like zyra will only have skins that cost extra $$$.

yeah they pretty much said it. There was a big discussion on the forums. IronStylus said that she's the most time consuming and difficult champion to make skins for cos there are so many models involved.

jerd

I really think that Riot is out to get my soul tonight. I feel like I'm going to hear "Enemy double kill" in my sleep tonight. I guess I just need to start jungling again.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Zyra has new skin with new plants and probably some new effects.

It should be 1350.
almost all reworks at this point have new effects. the pricing scheme is idiotic. if you discount new champion release skins, the average skin price this year is 1264.
yeah they pretty much said it. There was a big discussion on the forums. IronStylus said that she's the most time consuming and difficult champion to make skins for cos there are so many models involved.
then they should put more effort into the skin. i'm pretty sure it has no sfx and it's frankly pretty boring in game. doesn't explain why the average skin price has risen across all champions either.

Boken

Banned
Its not about the effects

I dunno how their commerce department prices

But I'll accept that zyra requires the most amount of work/hours to complete

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Irelia really isn't that bad. First time I used her I had nothing but contempt in my heart. Now (with new, non eye-abusive skin) she's workable.

Her W is bananas.

Like... not sure how its even cool.

JesseZao

My fave new marketing scheme is how they put 1350 skins out "on sale" at 975 to get more people to buy them at release, because, "on sale." Really, they just upped the price to use this "get a deal" psychology on people to trick them into impulse buying more.

Newt

My fave new marketing scheme is how they put 1350 skins out "on sale" at 975 to get more people to buy them at release, because, "on sale." Really, they just upped the price to use this "get a deal" psychology on people to trick them into impulse buying more.
Well we're playing a free game. They can handle market practices as they like.

Boken

Banned
Na I'm talking about selling it cheaply to sucker people in

Psych and marketing omg

But I don't agree that what they're doing is terribly exploitative

Yes, it'll make ppl who may not have bought it ever, buy it on "sale" to just have it at 975rp

But it also benefits those who would've bought it on release

JesseZao

Actually, I take what I said back. My new favorite is the "Mystery Skin" promo they're going to do for the Harrowing. People get excitement out of the 490RP gamble (more than the "normal" sale price 487) and won't even care when they get Noxian Poppy. The one thing LoL hasn't had before is a slot machine like Dota chests. This is going to make them a ton of money, or at least get people to burn their Serve RP a bit. I'll admit that I'm going to do it a couple of times for my bro, because I have said Serve RP to burn.

jerd

Case and point:

aBohU.jpg

I'm now 1-6 on the night, and I think that game is going to cap season 3 for me. The grind just isn't fun anymore. I don't blame my teammates, because I know everyone else has them too. My problem is just that I know that I am better than the people I am playing with by a decent bit, but I'm not a good enough player carry an entire team when necessary, which I think is what it takes to climb. It just leads to a lot of frustration. I think I'll go back to playing for fun in normals, that way I can play weak champs if I want and not care.

Speaking of weak...

I'm such a masochist
who longs for a worzy opponant

Boken

Banned
Comparing the two isn't really fair because you are guaranteed to beat your cost with what you receive and, I don't think better skins are weighted to be less common (but who knows) + you can only get skin for a champ you own

Keys on the other example, a lot in the chest can be worth less, better items are weighted down. Can get items for heroes y don't care for

Tho it can be said that unlike Leeg, you can offload the stuff you don't want (generally stuff nobody wants either - so only a low $ refund)

JesseZao

Comparing the two isn't really fair because you are guaranteed to beat your cost with what you receive and, I don't think better skins are weighted to be less common (but who knows) + you can only get skin for a champ you own

Keys on the other example, a lot in the chest can be worth less, better items are weighted down. Can get items for heroes y don't care for

Tho it can be said that unlike Leeg, you can offload the stuff you don't want (generally stuff nobody wants either - so only a low $ refund)

I know you can't get something "worth" less than you pay for the Mystery, but getting a skin you never intended to buy is essentially worthless and you basically paid Riot for the thrill of gambling. The Legendaries and Ultimates are just outnumbered by the other skins, so of course you have a lower chance to get one. I don't buy skins unless they are on sale, so if I get anything less than a 975+ skin, I already spent more than I normally would. Additionally, I may not even like the skin or play the champ much that I get one for. I'm just saying it's going to be a popular promo because gambling is fun and people won't care that they got a lame prize. "Spirit Guard Udyr or Pulsefire Ezreal could just be one "pull" away! So I GOTTA try just ONE more time :)"

I'm not complaining about their ecommerce, I think it's fun to study/observe is all.

Boken

Banned
I know you can't get something "worth" less than you pay for the Mystery, but getting a skin you never intended to buy is essentially worthless and you basically paid Riot for the thrill of gambling. The Legendaries and Ultimates are just outnumbered by the other skins, so of course you have a lower chance to get one. I don't buy skins unless they are on sale, so if I get anything less than a 975+ skin, I already spent more than I normally would. Additionally, I may not even like the skin or play the champ much that I get one for. I'm just saying it's going to be a popular promo because gambling is fun and people won't care that they got a lame prize. "Spirit Guard Udyr or Pulsefire Ezreal could just be one "pull" away! So I GOTTA try just ONE more time :)"

I'm not complaining about their ecommerce, I think it's fun to study/observe is all.

yeah there are less legendaries so you have a lower chance to get them, but im saying it seems like an arithmetic average, unlike the dota drop system where its a weighted chance%

i.e. 1 legendary skin out of 100 possible, 1% chance. whereas in a treasure chest, there might be say 10 items with 1 legendary and the chance to get a legendary is like, 1% or something

but i dunno, the "gambling" hook seems a little weaker in the mystery gift department because the person gambling doesnt reap the full rewards, nor does he get instant gratification.

now if you could mystery gift yourself, thats full force gambling.

The psychology of sales is pretty interesting. American retail is almost completely built around it, especially the old department store methodology and clothing sales. Aside from high-end boutiques, a clothing store will almost always have a significant portion of its stock on-sale - for "clearance" or similar fictional reasons - when really the sale price is the actual expected retail price of the product. They literally don't expect any significant percentage of customers to buy anything at full retail price, so the "sale" price is where they actually need to move it to make their margins.

I'm guessing Riot's perpetual skin sales run on a similar design.

Agkel

Jinx me if old.
jinx-base-new.jpg

Custom skin from a poster on the official forums. Looks miles better than what is in game atm and much closer to her art/splash.

Also having been away from everything LoL for months I'm barely catching up to the changes made and who thought Sivir VU looked good? That face and hair are just blegh. Compared to what their doing with some of the newer champions and even some of the VU, I think Sivir VU falls super short. :/

edit: Clarifying that I meant that that user made skin looks much better than her current one in game XD

Boken

Banned
Jinx me if old.
jinx-base-new.jpg

From the official forums. Looks miles better than what is in game atm and much closer to her art/splash.

Also having been away from everything LoL for months I'm barely catching up to the changes made and who thought Sivir VU looked good? That face and hair are just blegh. Compared to what their doing with some of the newer champions and even some of the VU, I think Sivir VU falls super short. :/

jinx has been out for a week now <3

(thats her ingame model)

tbh yeah, sivirs' face is a little weird, but in the grand scheme of things the face isnt important and so they probably spend little effort there

Agkel

tbh yeah, sivirs' face is a little weird, but in the grand scheme of things the face isnt important and so they probably spend little effort there

I guess, I do like huntress sivir skin A LOT, but man looking at her face/hair on lolking model viewer(on all of her skins) makes me think they rushed that area of her model. I know I'm peculiar like that huehue

Blizzard

Banned
The problem with the straight-on views of the model is that ingame, you don't see that view of characters. Their face (and model) are always at an angle. In fact no one would presumably ever see anything but the max zoomed out view during play, since I imagine everyone wants as wide a field of view as possible.

JesseZao

yeah there are less legendaries so you have a lower chance to get them, but im saying it seems like an arithmetic average, unlike the dota drop system where its a weighted chance%

i.e. 1 legendary skin out of 100 possible, 1% chance. whereas in a treasure chest, there might be say 10 items with 1 legendary and the chance to get a legendary is like, 1% or something

but i dunno, the "gambling" hook seems a little weaker in the mystery gift department because the person gambling doesnt reap the full rewards, nor does he get instant gratification.

now if you could mystery gift yourself, thats full force gambling.

Yeah I hane no interest in spending money on Dota so I wasn't 100% on how it worked. I see what you're saying.

Lucky me! I have two accounts with Serve RP :D

I'll probably gift 2 to my bro and maybe 1 or 2 to myself.

That feeling when you have 72% physical damage redux, 65% magic redux, and 4,000hp and simply don't give a fuck anymore? When you just bee-line straight for the ADC and know that whatever they throw at you won't be enough? That's a good feeling.

6jga.png

i play with the camera zoomed in all the way when i play lulu.

I play zoomed in all the way on Ryze. I'm just smashing my face into the keyboard anyway, y'know? The stuff going on beyond 550 range is someone else's problem.

Plus those sweet blue pecs.

Polymath

Neo Member
Watch me stream some normals because my main is banned :(

Laggin a lot, lol. still trying to sort things out.

Perhaps i can be of use here for once? I have been streaming for several years on different channels and sites (Nothing big) and used most of the available streaming programs.
And if anyone here want's some advice or help with their settings i'm willing to help as much as i can.

Feel free to PM me here on gaf or talk to me on my own stream (Note i'm not a pro gamer) and i will answer your questions.

Winning 22 LP getting carried by a sick-ass Middlesticks after 3 really, really bad matches d/cs is the reason I still play this game.

That and slutty skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom