• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they clarify if it's the last player to touch the tower or the last hit? Because if it was just the last hit couldn't a minion steal all that gold? If so that's pretty shitty.

Oh, sure. First it's supports who are "kill stealing" every time they treat themselves to a Philosopher's Stone, and now the minions can't even grab a Cloth Armor without everyone calling them thieves. I see how it is.

Koomaster

Oh, sure. First it's supports who are "kill stealing" every time they treat themselves to a Philosopher's Stone, and now the minions can't even grab a Cloth Armor without everyone calling them thieves. I see how it is.
They should have minions drop all the gold they steal when they die. Just have it litter the grounds in each lane. Whatever champ comes along to claim it, first come first serve. Gold for everybody.

*makes it super easy for everyone to get gold*
*inflates prices in the shop*
*???*
*profit*

scy

You guys don't feel like something looks very weird with that picture?

Her foot seems awkward as hell and her face looks like it was stretched to fit her mouth. Just something about that seems weird.

Her flexibility in general amuses me.

You guys don't feel like something looks very weird with that picture?

Nope. I think it looks great.

Her foot seems awkward as hell
she has an ankle. rarely reflected in this kind of artwork.

and her face looks like it was stretched to fit her mouth.
?

nah man.

The way the body is twisted combined with the length or her torso is weird.

alright, ya'll are just crazy. dimb got ya'll stretchin to try to find something wrong with it to make him feel justified in his observation. lol

DeadNames

Banned
The jinx art and the new Olaf, xerath, and sivir splashes don't fit leagues art style at all... Especially jinx's. That obnoxious pink background just looks so bad.

erragal

Why is everyone looking at that sivir splash as if its a standstill photo? It's clearly her on the move running through the desert lowering her center of gravity to put into a disc throw; sometimes I wonder about all of you trolls. The Liefeld comments are actually just dumb; each one of her limbs has proper proportions unless you think she is only showing one leg or some other problems with observation. Her body isn't even contorted people....

garath

Eve will get nerfs S4. Play her early for some easy games imo. Lack of pinks will have a huge impact.

Rengar will be another strong jungler right away. When's his rework? It won't be soon enough.

Why is everyone looking at that sivir splash as if its a standstill photo? It's clearly her on the move running through the desert lowering her center of gravity to put into a disc throw; sometimes I wonder about all of you trolls. The Liefeld comments are actually just dumb; each one of her limbs has proper proportions unless you think she is only showing one leg or some other problems with observation. Her body isn't even contorted people....

+1

people are trying waaaay too hard.

drawkcaB

Why is everyone looking at that sivir splash as if its a standstill photo? It's clearly her on the move running through the desert lowering her center of gravity to put into a disc throw; sometimes I wonder about all of you trolls. The Liefeld comments are actually just dumb; each one of her limbs has proper proportions; unless you think she is only showing one leg or some other problems with observation.

I'm trying to envision an individual bending the entirety of their upper body below their waste line while in mid-stride during a run and staying in balance. I don't think it's possible. Fairly sure that doing so would compel your body to tumble/flip but going by the position of her left hand that's not the intent. Could be a throw from a standing position, but to me the impact of her left foot into the sand implies some forward momentum.

...And now I'm at work and all I want to do is run to see if this is at all possible as drawn.

No one runs with their head lower than their butt whilst on the verge of shattering their ankle.

Her legs are just as awkwardly drawn as those in the Officer Vi splash art (never mind Cait's twigs there), and they're both something straight out of a Leifeld comic. Not complaining about the attention to detail and coloring in Sivir's art, but the actual pose makes Lux' look natural.

erragal

I'm trying to envision an individual bending the entirety of their upper body below their waste line while in mid-stride during a run and staying in balance. I don't think it's possible. Fairly sure that doing so would compel your body to tumble/flip but going by the position of her left hand that's not the intent. Could be a throw from a standing position, but to me the impact of her left foot into the sand implies some forward momentum.

...And now I'm at work and all I want to do is run to see if this is at all possible as drawn.

Presuming she's -planting- her foot for a throw/jump/pivot its perfectly reasonable. If you tried to continue running in stride like that as you'd end up tripping but if you're looking to shift momentum to your throw its not out of the question.

Obviously it's an exaggerated motion to compensate for her hugely oversized weapon and more stylized because its a game but its not much different from the way shot/disc throwers shift their gravity at the end of their approach. I even just reviewed some disc throws on youtube; while exaggerated the initial part of the approach always involves lowering the center of gravity before rising into the release.

The point is more that its not contorted or liefeld esque...just exaggerated and stylized action shot. I expect every person that mentioned it negatively to point out every exaggerated/stylized sexual feature in champions from here on out! Consistency is good.

erragal

No one runs with their head lower than their butt whilst on the verge of shattering their ankle.

Her legs are just as awkwardly drawn as those in the Officer Vi splash art (never mind Cait's twigs there), and they're both something straight out of a Leifeld comic. Not complaining about the attention to detail and coloring in Sivir's art, but the actual pose makes Lux' look natural.

It's not a pose and she's obviously planting a foot mid run and setting her body to throw her disc. She wouldn't run like that -or- stand like that so natural intelligence says " what action might be she engaging in". Then critical thinking will lead you to learn how someone throws a disc the size of their hand (much less a fantasy one the size of their torso) and realize that this is the
exaggerated action shot of her planting to throw her disc.

As for her legs...what is wrong? Her one leg is planted in sand. The other one should be a little closer to the ground to plant after her throw...but presumably she's 'showing off ' because this is a stylized exaggeration.The link you sent me is so much worse compositionally that the fact you find them comparable makes me wonder what youre even lookkng st.

I think the splash looks cool. It's League of Legends, she carries a weapon half the size of her body and you expect realistic proportions?

Unfortunately it doesn't fare so well in the cropped version.

drawkcaB

I even just reviewed some disc throws on youtube; while exaggerated the initial part of the approach always involves lowering the center of gravity before rising into the release.

The center of gravity shift in olympic throws (watching Robert Harting's gold medal throw in 2012) isn't anything even remotely close to the Sivir pick. An exagerrated pose would be having her head slightly above the waist, or some such thing. The splash as-is is pretty much impossible, which was I'm taking exception to. So while there's merit in calling out people for calling it "Leifeldian" (myself included) I think it may just as disingenious to think it's perfectly fine - there's definitely something terribly unnatural about it.

scy

As for her legs...what is wrong? Her one leg is planted in sand. The other one should be a little closer to the ground to plant after her throw...but presumably she's 'showing off ' because this is a stylized exaggeration.The link you sent me is so much worse compositionally that the fact you find them comparable makes me wonder what youre even lookkng st.

It's the angle of her planted foot. It looks like her foot is backwards or it just curves. That's my issue with her left leg. Additionally, isn't the usual leg for this supposed to be her right leg? I'm not that familiar with it but that makes more sense. Not that it really matters in the end.

I like the splash as a whole, it's just her leg/foot that strike me as weird.

It's not a pose and she's obviously planting a foot mid run and setting her body to throw her disc. She wouldn't run like that -or- stand like that so natural intelligence says " what action might be she engaging in". Then critical thinking will lead you to learn how someone throws a disc the size of their hand (much less a fantasy one the size of their torso) and realize that this is the exaggerated action shot of her planting to throw her disc.

Exaggeration doesn't excuse the physical unlikelihood of it all (fictional human or not) even when you keep in mind she planted her foot down after building some momentum.

Thigh is straight, lower portion of her leg has a slight independant curve to it, then her foot bends some more whilst seemingly supporting her entire weight on her toes. And the other leg is raised to such an angle because... ? Riven in her most recent default splash is also propelling herself forward with an oversized weapon, and I have no qualms with that one. It's more 'modest' than Sivir's in comparison, without really lacking that typical action-packed flair.

And there's been numerous instances that displayed Riot's issues with anatomy or glaring deficiencies (regardless of character gender) for the sake of making a splash look stylish, be they old or new designs. This is on top of their boob plate armor and cheap / flimsy high heels preference for the ladies, and random doodads (or whatever) on male champions.

Also, drawkcaB did a better job than me of explaining why exactly it's unnatural even within the realm of fantasy, so there's that.

erragal

The center of gravity shift in olympic throws (watching Robert Harting's gold medal throw in 2012) isn't anything even remotely close to the Sivir pick. An exagerrated pose would be having her head slightly above the waist, or some such thing. The splash as-is is pretty much impossible, which was I'm taking exception to. So while there's merit in calling out people for calling it "Leifeldian" (myself included) I think it may just as disingenious to think it's perfectly fine - there's definitely something terribly unnatural about it.

For sure its an 'unnatural' shift...to compensate for her absurdly large weapon. My only real issue is the idea that from a fantasy art perspective this is something that stands out as unnatural to people; I personally got exactly what the artist was trying to convey about the scene and enjoyed the attempt to represent action.

The mixed response is probably directly related to the attempt to do an action pose. If the artist tries to reign in the body motion it's not going to sell the heft and weight of the weapon or the momentum of the scene nearly as well. I get the reasons people don't enjoy it but just found the Liefeld comps to
be out of left field/unnecessarily cruel to the artist.

Apparently some more posts about anatomy and the 'sudden stop'. She's not done moving. When you throw a circular object from motion in that way the presumption is she's going to spin her body with the throw and follow through. Once you accept that it seems off balance and stylized...but physically impossible? How does that even enter the discussion; her weapon isn't even usable and from there we can end all discussion of what's possible. Try to keep the standard to reasonable given the situstion when having hypotheticals about fantasy scenarios.

Boken

Banned
From Xpecial:
supports getting a lot more gold
They're going to achieve this by changes to global gold

What I think this means is that they are going to decrease the global gold value of certain objectives (dragon? towers?) - and adding an "assist" bonus.

What this could look like is instead of everybody getting 150g from dragon, everybody gets 125g instead and the people who assisted on taking the dragon gets a bonus 50g. OR 100g for the team, and 250g divided amongst those who "assisted" on taking it. these change encourages more actual teamplay/teamfights around dragon (the first moreso than the second), and rewards supports and junglers more than other roles - because they often are the roles actively taking objectives early game.

towers might work the same way - 100g for the team, and 200g divided amongst those who assisted on taking it. though im not sure about this one because tower taking isnt a support/jungler centric thing.
close enough.

i like my implementation better though.
balls in your court, riot.

in other news, LoL in korea is pretty damn serious.
apdo banned for 2 years from compo.
there are groupie girls
one wants to sleep with famous pro players. shes ok looking. she also got apdo banned because he refused to sleep with her.

Mothman91

close enough.

i like my implementation better though.
balls in your court, riot.

in other news, LoL in korea is pretty damn serious.
apdo banned for 2 years from compo.
there are groupie girls
one wants to sleep with famous pro players. shes ok looking. she also got apdo banned because he refused to sleep with her.

You say this information, yet don't post a picture?

wow, boken pls.

You must be fun at parties. Seriously guys. It's an exaggerated discus throw stance (about 30 degrees deeper than real life) in mid swing. You're analyzing the shit like it's a classical art masterpiece.

You all must hate comics. Holy shit.

JesseZao

You must be fun at parties. Seriously guys. It's an exaggerated discus throw stance (about 30 degrees deeper than real life) in mid swing. You're analyzing the shit like it's a classical art masterpiece.

You all must hate comics. Holy shit.

Au contraire! I bet they love comics because they love over-analyzing pointless, meaningless plots and fantasy lands.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Someone pointed out something about the new baron buff. Wouldnt it be completely useless for a team way behind in towers? It doesnt really give you a chance for a comeback unless it also amplified your damage against minions.

Killing minions is easy and most decent people who are suppose to push should have no problem clearing quickly at that point in the game. All you really need is a little bit of time with baron buff now to take down towers if they are buffing it more it's really going to change the dynamics of it. Plus the mastery towers should be even easier to down with no problems

Blizzard

Banned
Why do people want to climb the ladder when you get to run into these guys 50% of the time;

E44wl9oh.png

so how'd the game turn out

That person went Ezreal, went 12/4/7, but lost. Didn't seem to be trolling from the items and the score. The other players had lots of deaths though. *edit* Augh I'm like 3 pages too late in one day.

Boken

Banned
we're having a party in here

right guys?

tbh, the sivir pose isnt too extreme, its just mid-forwardstep + throw

the only problem i see is that her right thigh is too small and too vertical for that kind of toss and her right foot might be too far to her left

Oh, you sound much more fun at parties.

I bet I won't be critiquing comic-style splash art with a magnifying glass and relative to real life. You can believe that shit. Maybe we should start critiquing the likelihood of a real life Renekton. Upright walking gators with Klingon combat weapons. Also Vi, Jinx and Riven look kinda scrawny to be swingin dem big weapons. IDUNNO GUYS. SEEMS KINDA SKETCH TO ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom