• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

So what happens when the season is over? Can I not go into a new division or anything? Does my MMR still change if I play ranked? Is ranked even an option????

Leezard

So what happens when the season is over? Can I not go into a new division or anything? Does my MMR still change if I play ranked? Is ranked even an option????

Once ranked is over, you get preseason for S4. You can still play ranked and your mmr will rise/decrease accordingly. There will most likely be a soft reset for your position in ranked. In S3, you did not need to go into placement matches if you played enough ranked during the preseason.

Newt

New pre season. You can go into new divisions. Your mmr will change. Ranked is an option. Yes, Draven is the only champion you need to play.

You say this information, yet don't post a picture?

wow, boken pls.

He didn't tease you half as bad as he could have.

The full story is that this girl paid him to Elo boost her account, then started sending him naked pictures trying to get him to sleep with her. He wasn't up for it (probably because she was in full-on creepy stalker mode), so she threatened to report him to Riot for Elo boosting if he didn't give up the D. He counter-blackmailed releasing her nude pictures on the Korean equivalent of 4chan.

Everyone called. No one was bluffing. There's a bunch of pictures of her floating around out there with his name and various unkind phrases photoshopped onto them, and Team Dark is now sadly without their "Faker Killer".

Mothman91

Shen wins until Jax gets a triforce, if they are equally skilled.

Yeah that's the thing, but Jax got fed like 5/0 by the time lane phase ended. Mid/Me(ADC) were fed, so we kept close/ahead. Thing is, Jax was on me like fucking white on rice.
At one point, Jax was trying to corner me with a TF ulti behind me. Man, that shit fuckign sucks, I was cornered and dead automatically with a Shen ulti on top of that.

The full story is that this girl paid him to Elo boost her account, then started sending him naked pictures trying to get him to sleep with her. He wasn't up for it (probably because she was in full-on creepy stalker mode), so she threatened to report him to Riot for Elo boosting if he didn't give up the D. He counter-blackmailed releasing her nude pictures on the Korean equivalent of 4chan.

Everyone called. No one was bluffing. There's a bunch of pictures of her floating around out there with his name and various unkind phrases photoshopped onto them, and Team Dark is now sadly without their "Faker Killer".

Hehe, I immediately found it on reddit and read the story.

Once ranked is over, you get preseason for S4. You can still play ranked and your mmr will rise/decrease accordingly. There will most likely be a soft reset for your position in ranked. In S3, you did not need to go into placement matches if you played enough ranked during the preseason.

How much is enough?

Leezard

Yeah that's the thing, but Jax got fed like 5/0 by the time lane phase ended. Mid/Me(ADC) were fed, so we kept close/ahead. Thing is, Jax was on me like fucking white on rice.
At one point, Jax was trying to corner me with a TF ulti behind me. Man, that shit fuckign sucks, I was cornered and dead automatically with a Shen ulti on top of that.

Equally skilled players is kind of uncommon in solo queue (unless at high levels), so it doesn't come as a surprise. That's ranked though, it could've easily been the reverse situation if the Shen player was better.

How much is enough?

I think it was something like 10 games last preseason, so it was kind of equivalent to placement without the whole "you got placed in this division" after 10 games. Mind you, we still measured ranked in elo during last preseason.

brian!

now that dan dinh is c9 coachin
they are either gonna win worlds or smoke w33d everyday, both are probably good imo

dan dinh's life is that he just has to be a huge bro and he gets $$

Ashhong

ooooh this is what I want. I don't want to go through stressful placements and get stuck in Silver or something. Currently bossing my way through lower Gold so hopefully my MMR will be high enough to get back into it.

Valygar

I barely won the last match with teemo. I was solo top vs xin Zhao.

At first it was OK, I was maxing toxic shot, and blinding him if he jumped. Still when he got to 6 it was too much, and I died.

Then I decided to Max blind shot and poked him a lot, run back to tower if he approached and blind was on cd. Was this the correct strategy?
I won the lane eventually but I'm not sure why.

Boken

Banned

to further clarify,
ranked gets disabled for a month or so while they deploy s4 changes and let people get used to it

then ranked is open during the 'preseason'

there was too much drama to unleash upon the lolthread for me

extra clarity - her ambition is to sleep with many named lol pro players, not just apdo. she tried to talk to him a lot and he ignored her so she bought the elo boost to get to talk to him. (silver V to gold = 180USD btw. the money elo boosters get is INSANE)

moral of the story is "just hit it." shes kinda pretty too, albeit insane.

he has a gf though, i assume thats why he didnt touch it.

whelp, back to making thousands per month elo boosting people+streaming for apdo.

AdventChild

Neo Member
Im Silver 1 with 0 LP, one lose more and demoted... better wait for s4???

btw

We're extending Season 3 ranked play until 11:59 PM on 11/11. Whether you've set your sights on lighting the way with Victorious Wards or catching a new skin in your web as a freshly-minted Gold player, you have two additional weeks to reach your personal goals for the competitive season. Head into ranked now to see how high you can rise!

i need to educate my moba brothers on videogaming

discovered PoE has australian servers. going to play it so hard. screw blizzard and their shitty SEA only servers.

Sure aren't the devs from New Zealand anyway? Almost all of the voice work I've heard so far has a distinct Aus/NZ twang to it. Why wouldn't they have Australian servers?

The thing that makes Jinx OP at the moment is that if you get even slightly ahead in lane you can pretty much W + Q (for range on the rocket) + R the enemy support and kiss them goodbye if you're building Legolas style. It's pretty brutal.

The thing that makes Jinx OP at the moment is that if you get even slightly ahead in lane you can pretty much W + Q (for range on the rocket) + R the enemy support and kiss them goodbye if you're building Legolas style. It's pretty brutal.
I have to admit, seeing the enemy support stay in lane at half health when I hit 6 puts a smile in my face.

Her early game is getting nerfed but people will continue to underestimate her execute.

Boken

Banned
Sure aren't the devs from New Zealand anyway? Almost all of the voice work I've heard so far has a distinct Aus/NZ twang to it. Why wouldn't they have Australian servers?
open beta didnt have any australian servers.

the devs are from NZ tho. good on em

Boken

Banned
Did they clarify if it's the last player to touch the tower or the last hit? Because if it was just the last hit couldn't a minion steal all that gold? If so that's pretty shitty.

tumblr_lswu24ONBP1r3s2qyo1_500.png

I have to admit, seeing the enemy support stay in lane at half health when I hit 6 puts a smile in my face.

Her early game is getting nerfed but people will continue to underestimate her execute.

It surprised me (playing as Jinx) at first. The opposing lane was running non-sustain versus me and Sona, so I was just trying to use it to force their support out of lane (knowing the opposing ADC couldn't hang in lane 2v1 and we'd get a free turret and dragon out of running them off) and she just died. Did dragon, finished a BT, came right back to lane and immediately nuked the support down again (with just W + R this time, at pretty much max W range). I almost felt bad.

But they had a fed Jax living balls-deep in our backline in team fights, so I got over it really fast and just murdered everyone. I only have temporary bouts of morality, I suppose.

Yeah, I can see tower last hit rage becoming a pretty serious problem in solo queue. Normally it's totally fine for someone to help out another lane by pushing with them and going hard for tower. But now if you do that, you have to be very careful not to accidentally grab all those Gs.

It surprised me (playing as Jinx) at first. The opposing lane was running non-sustain versus me and Sona, so I was just trying to use it to force their support out of lane (knowing the opposing ADC couldn't hang in lane 2v1 and we'd get a free turret and dragon out of running them off) and she just died. Did dragon, finished a BT, came right back to lane and immediately nuked the support down again (with just W + R this time, at pretty much max W range). I almost felt bad.

But they had a fed Jax living balls-deep in our backline in team fights, so I got over it really fast and just murdered everyone. I only have temporary bouts of morality, I suppose.
Morality ain't buying no Infinity Edges.

Just played my first and only ranked game of the day. Best team comp:

Nasus
Fiddlesticks
Diana
Leona
Jinx

I was Diana mid, roamed a lot and helped prevent Darius snowballing their top as Nasus was struggling. Our Jungle Fiddle was carrying pretty hard at this point, got all the kills and was about 8-0 after laning which made me happy because I knew that a fed fiddle was gg. My score looked pathetic though, I was 1-3-6 after laning. Meanwhile their Evelynn mid hardly even used her stealth to roam, and even after I stupidly gave her first blood at level 1 by underestimating her damage, I still beat her in lane.

Teamfights start, and our fiddle is very fed. I dive in with my combo dealing pretty respectable aoe damage, and pulling them in. They dive on me cause I'm alone. Then leona ults, then fiddle comes flying in: "TRIPLE KILL".

Leona + Fiddle combo is pretty strong already even without my e pulling them in. Their team had very little cc by comparison: Darius, Nami, Xin Zhao, Evelynn, Ezreal.

Was pretty much slaughter after laning finished. 44 LP in Bronze 1 now, won 3 in a row. Lets see if I can leave Bronze before the season ends.

Edwardo

to further clarify,
ranked gets disabled for a month or so while they deploy s4 changes and let people get used to it

then ranked is open during the 'preseason'

there was too much drama to unleash upon the lolthread for me

extra clarity - her ambition is to sleep with many named lol pro players, not just apdo. she tried to talk to him a lot and he ignored her so she bought the elo boost to get to talk to him. (silver V to gold = 180USD btw. the money elo boosters get is INSANE)

moral of the story is "just hit it." shes kinda pretty too, albeit insane.

he has a gf though, i assume thats why he didnt touch it.

whelp, back to making thousands per month elo boosting people+streaming for apdo.

Yep, he shouldve just given her the diggity D.

Finally..

Yeah, I can see tower last hit rage becoming a pretty serious problem in solo queue. Normally it's totally fine for someone to help out another lane by pushing with them and going hard for tower. But now if you do that, you have to be very careful not to accidentally grab all those Gs.

To be honest, when I started playing league I didn't know it all was evenly distributed. I was like "wtf.. why are people leaving the lane to let the minions bring down the tower..."

Boken

Banned

didnt you know, passive gold gain increases are in vogue right now. even dota is doing it. nobody likes watching people farming anyway.

but in all seriousness, they never said PASSIVE gold increases - what is said is:

From Xpecial:
supports getting a lot more gold
They're going to achieve this by changes to global gold

What I think this means is that they are going to decrease the global gold value of certain objectives (dragon? towers?) - and adding an "assist" bonus.

What this could look like is instead of everybody getting 150g from dragon, everybody gets 125g instead and the people who assisted on taking the dragon gets a bonus 50g. OR 100g for the team, and 250g divided amongst those who "assisted" on taking it. these change encourages more actual teamplay/teamfights around dragon (the first moreso than the second), and rewards supports and junglers more than other roles - because they often are the roles actively taking objectives early game.

towers might work the same way - 100g for the team, and 200g divided amongst those who assisted on taking it. though im not sure about this one because tower taking isnt a support/jungler centric thing.

i still think my implementation is way better

riot pls.

pls heeer me

i still think my implementation is way better

riot pls.

pls heeer me

While we're reposting earlier theorycrafts that got zero traction:

Just thinking about proxy farm and snowballing after turret there. Would having minions gain gold worth over their journey from nexus to opposing nexus help this? As in, minions would be worth say 10/20g at their own nexus, but 50/70g at the opposing nexus. (Numbers obviously for concept.) It would allow people who've lost a turret to gain a backswing advantage. Might also make splitpushing and proxy farming less attractive, because minions farther up the lane are worth less gold.

Of course then people would be less eager to push towers, so the laning phase might be extended. Perhaps this could be fixed with a greater gold reward for towers.

Maybe Riot will hire me as live design now?

Fuzzery

Yeah her lvl 6 burst is really high, perhaps even more than graves. I've underestimated it a few times and paid for it, but the thing is, all the skills are pretty dodgeable. If you focus on dodging them, she goes down pretty easy, since she has no escapes. I don't think i've lost against a jinx in ranked yet..vayne just destroys her

DeadNames

Banned
Just played my first and only ranked game of the day. Best team comp:

Nasus
Fiddlesticks
Diana
Leona
Jinx

I was Diana mid, roamed a lot and helped prevent Darius snowballing their top as Nasus was struggling. Our Jungle Fiddle was carrying pretty hard at this point, got all the kills and was about 8-0 after laning which made me happy because I knew that a fed fiddle was gg. My score looked pathetic though, I was 1-3-6 after laning. Meanwhile their Evelynn mid hardly even used her stealth to roam, and even after I stupidly gave her first blood at level 1 by underestimating her damage, I still beat her in lane.

Teamfights start, and our fiddle is very fed. I dive in with my combo dealing pretty respectable aoe damage, and pulling them in. They dive on me cause I'm alone. Then leona ults, then fiddle comes flying in: "TRIPLE KILL".

Leona + Fiddle combo is pretty strong already even without my e pulling them in. Their team had very little cc by comparison: Darius, Nami, Xin Zhao, Evelynn, Ezreal.

Was pretty much slaughter after laning finished. 44 LP in Bronze 1 now, won 3 in a row. Lets see if I can leave Bronze before the season ends.

Are you NA?

Skillshot ult on a longish cooldown that doesn't get to spend much time in laning phase.

Varus W isn't anywhere close to either of Jinx Q.

There's really no reason for Riot to not adjust Jinx to be more in line with other ADCs. She's no vanilla Vayne/Graves, but she definitely needs adjustment. Q needs a teensy nerf for early game. W needs damage adjustment over levels at least. E utility some nerf. R is alright even if strong.

Skillshot ult on a longish cooldown that doesn't get to spend much time in laning phase.

Varus W isn't anywhere close to either of Jinx Q.

There's really no reason for Riot to not adjust Jinx to be more in line with other ADCs. She's no vanilla Vayne/Graves, but she definitely needs adjustment. Q needs a teensy nerf for early game. W needs damage adjustment over levels at least. E utility some nerf. R is alright even if strong.
Q and W early game nerfs are coming in tomorrow and those are justified. If you nerf the utility on E might as well erase the spell, the arm time is already a bitch to land on some carries due to how their escapes work - Corki and Ez can just dash out of it even if you chain CC.

Lord forbid an ADC has 4 useable skills.

Edwardo

now that dan dinh is c9 coachin
they are either gonna win worlds or smoke w33d everyday, both are probably good imo

dan dinh's life is that he just has to be a huge bro and he gets $$

does he have anything to do with tsm anymore?

oh, and Regi tweeted last night that they are picking up a full time coach for next season.

Fuzzery

I think it's because people are expecting to beat her with caitlyn, or something, who does well against most other ads. But in my experience, jinx does pretty well against cait

I think it's because people are expecting to beat her with caitlyn, or something, who does well against most other ads. But in my experience, jinx does pretty well against cait
Cait can be pretty hard to handle during laning phase unless you grab a massive advantage off the bat.

Mid/late game she's your bitch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom