• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draven actually has to work for the damage though. He's not like Jinx who can just get her Q ready and spam AAs or hit her ridiculously large hit box W.
What ridiculous large hitbox?

That thing is as thick as my pee pee. You can dodge that with 325 MS no problemo.

Newt

What ridiculous large hitbox?

That thing is as thick as my pee pee. You can dodge that with 325 MS no problemo.
It's deceptively easy to hit I find. Anyways, my point was is there's nothing making Jinx deserve a good early game with how easy she is to use/position. Like as an example Varus (a strong laner) has a much harder linear skillshot to land.

It's deceptively easy to hit I find. Anyways, my point was is there's nothing making Jinx deserve a good early game with how easy she is to use/position. Like as an example Varus (a strong laner) has a much harder linear skillshot to land.
You gotta abuse the fact that the latter edge of the skillshot indicator just kinda dies out and makes people think they are in the clear when they are not.

Hitting it at anywhere from point blank to 800 range against someone that can orb walk can be hard as shit. Gotta lead them big time.

Newt

You gotta abuse the fact that the latter edge of the skillshot indicator just kinda dies out and makes people think they are in the clear when they are not.

Try hitting it at anywhere from point blank to 800 range against someone that can orb walk. Gotta lead them big time.
Why do you find it so hard to hit, lol? And leading a fast skillshot like that is extremely easy. Not to mention that people don't have dodging options during a gank when they're trying to get away.

I'd love to see your argument.

scy

Draven actually has to work for the damage though. He's not like Jinx who can just get her Q ready and spam AAs or hit her ridiculously large hit box W.

This is literally what Draven is, just change the W to E.

Hitting it at anywhere from point blank to 800 range against someone that can orb walk can be hard as shit. Gotta lead them big time.

I think it's more apt to say that it's hard to hit in the open. The closer they get to walls, the easier it is to force them to get hit by it or be forced to dodge towards you. Once they're under tower, it's nearly free to land.

Newt

This is literally what Draven is, just change the W to E.
Draven can really only get 1 or 2 axes in until he has to reposition. Usually it's only 1. If you're gonna try to get more than that you're going to have to commit. Also, Draven's W does abysmal damage in every stage of the game, but I do agree it's fairly easy to land.

I don't think you understand my point though. Jinx is so powerful in lane because of her behind the minions Q harass and out of the minion wave W harass. Draven is forced to reposition super often, and he can be easily zoned out.

I think it's more apt to say that it's hard to hit in the open. The closer they get to walls, the easier it is to force them to get hit by it or be forced to dodge towards you. Once they're under tower, it's nearly free to land.
Like I said, hitting it from max range is piss easy because the range indicator the enemy gets is kinda iffy at the edge, so they might think they're in the clear but get hit anyways.

The closer you get, the easier it gets to dodge it.

I think it's kind of sad how much groupthink there is in LoL, once ppl start using certain champs a lot they suddenly become OP, jinx for example, certainly strong, but not OP. Or people always needing to ban thresh or blitz or something, although they certainly are a little annoying to play against. Personally, I don't think blitz is very good at all though.
Thresh is understandable, given how great his kit is.

Blitzcrank though? Right up there with Shen, Amumu and Malphite as an overrated ban.

Blitz has become the same as Amumu for me. I got decent enough to fucking dare shitty players into picking them just because they're open. You are not hitting bandages, you're not pulling me unless you flash fist me, you're not invading our blue through banana brush and you will die trying to do so.

Blitz is banned more on the basis of how incredibly awful it feels to lose to a Blitzcrank as opposed to the actual statistical probability of it happening. Because the opposing team can't see the degree of warding/ward-clearing that goes into good Blitz play, it ends up feeling very "cheap" and arbitrary when he lands a game-changing pull.

Blitz is banned more on the basis of how incredibly awful it feels to lose to a Blitzcrank as opposed to the actual statistical probability of it happening. Because the opposing team can't see the degree of warding/ward-clearing that goes into good Blitz play, it ends up feeling very "cheap" and arbitrary when he lands a game-changing pull.
*Gets grabbed trying to steal enemy's blue without a single ward and 5 mias*

OMG NO BLITZ BAN GG FF AT 20

Newt

I don't know what you guys are talking about, Blitz is a solid support against certain matcups. Like if you have a Sona he's definitely ban worthy. If that Sona gets pulled once at level 2, she's basically dead.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, Blitz is a solid support against certain matcups. Like if you have a Sona he's definitely ban worthy. If that Sona gets pulled once at level 2, she's basically dead.
Well yeah, he's still strong but we're talking low ELO solo Q permaban status.

I recall Shen having a like 95% ban rate at one point.

Leezard

Blitz is actually kinda common at Diamond right now. I see him more often than Thresh, which is a bit mind boggling (when thresh is not banned, that is). He's never banned, though.

scy

@Blitz - I hate Blitz because GAF premades are awful at remembering what a Blitzcrank does at the start of the game.

Draven can really only get 1 or 2 axes in until he has to reposition. Usually it's only 1. If you're gonna try to get more than that you're going to have to commit. Also, Draven's W does abysmal damage in every stage of the game, but I do agree it's fairly easy to land.

Usually two swings, which is about what Jinx will get in a given situation in terms of damage. Jinx doesn't have the positioning requirement but does have a slightly longer time requirement (~2s vs ~1.2s). I still don't think Draven's positional requirements for Q-AAs are that big of a deal when the lane is in his favor and he's going on a champion. It's only an issue if he's keeping up axes while getting minions and trying to find a spot to harass. Or, well, in a lane that's slightly behind (or maybe just even and vs good hard catch CC supports).

I don't think you understand my point though. Jinx is so powerful in lane because of her behind the minions Q harass and out of the minion wave W harass. Draven is forced to reposition super often, and he can be easily zoned out.

Jinx's strength is that she can turn a single AA opportunity into two (AA -> Rocket AA when either side is disengaging) and that she makes your life a living hell when under tower. Her E lets her make any catch by her support (or her self, if it comes down to it) into double the disable time which tends to lead to easy kills for her. Combine these two and she's got a really good playstyle of harassing you down while pushing to your tower. Conversely, she doesn't do quite as well under her own tower.

Like, I'm not scared of a Jinx getting the occasional Rocket AA out. That's not a big deal, you kind of expect to eat the occasional AA from your opponent. The issue for Jinx is that she should almost always make it a 2-for-1 (or worse for you, 2-for-0). That, coupled with the high damage of her W, means she'll get you low fairly fast if left unchecked. That pressure + the threat of her E + being forced under tower lends itself to a pretty bad situation.

Newt

Jinx's strength is that she can turn a single AA opportunity into two (AA -> Rocket AA when either side is disengaging) and that she makes your life a living hell when under tower. Her E lets her make any catch by her support (or her self, if it comes down to it) into double the disable time which tends to lead to easy kills for her. Combine these two and she's got a really good playstyle of harassing you down while pushing to your tower. Conversely, she doesn't do quite as well under her own tower.

Like, I'm not scared of a Jinx getting the occasional Rocket AA out. That's not a big deal, you kind of expect to eat the occasional AA from your opponent. The issue for Jinx is that she should almost always make it a 2-for-1 (or worse for you, 2-for-0). That, coupled with the high damage of her W, means she'll get you low fairly fast if left unchecked. That pressure + the threat of her E + being forced under tower lends itself to a pretty bad situation.
Either if you're getting an Rocket-W-Rocket, or just harassing with her W and Rockets, we can both agree that her laning phase is too strong for what she brings to the game mid/late. That coupled with the fact that it's so easy to lock people down.

More often than not one only has themselves to blame if they lose to Blitzcrank though. Especially in lane he at the very least serves as a good indication that something's wrong with your positioning or ability to pressure. Bad grabs occur far more often than the game-deciding kind especially if someone tanky abuses their general eagerness to want to grab anyone, and he's very polarizing in the sense that he doesn't offer much should he fail in winning his lane hard. He's not terrible and he fills a dedicated niche, but he's far less threatening than how his reputation portrays him to be.

Sona fucked up then (more points in Defense helps too), or she didn't have an AD that's content with punishing a squishy (when compared to Thresh - Ali - Taric - Leona) melee support when such an opportunity arises.

scy

Sona fucked up then (more points in Defense helps too), or she didn't have an AD that's content with punishing a squishy (when compared to Thresh - Ali - Taric - Leona) melee support when such an opportunity arises.

Thresh is a lot squishier than Blitzcrank, especially early on (natural ~20 HP difference, 6 Armor different at 1). Souls take awhile to get Thresh's Armor to the point that he's defensively relevant. Like, Thresh is fairly weak defensively in lane now after all of his nerfs.

garath

Thresh is understandable, given how great his kit is.

Blitzcrank though? Right up there with Shen, Amumu and Malphite as an overrated ban.

Blitz is still a perma ban for me. Thresh I'll let go every time. Thresh actually takes skill to play. Blitz is one of the easiest champs in the entire game. And it doesn't even matter how many grabs you miss, all it takes is one to start snowballing the lane, or win those teamfights. Thresh also leads the hook with an animation and it is easier to dodge. Blitz's hook just pops right out. If it's on point, most silver/gold guys just aren't going to dodge it unless they are expecting it. And god forbid it's someone that has some blitz experience, he'll be landing hooks left and right.

I don't want to play against him.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
lose one, win one, lose one, win one.
one loss was well deserved, one loss i was carrying for me team but couldnt seal the deal.
either way, overall gain of lp across the 4 games.

and yet i feel unsatisfied. :\

Haven't played much Varus, but played him a bit yesterday.

When should you pick up Hurricane on him? I didn't realize that item procs his on-hit effect, and with the on-hit effect being so important for him, it seems like it should be like...3rd or 4th major item?

Also out of curiosity, does Hurricane also proc Vayne's silver bullets passive?

Mothman91

lose one, win one, lose one, win one.
one loss was well deserved, one loss i was carrying for me team but couldnt seal the deal.
either way, overall gain of lp across the 4 games.

and yet i feel unsatisfied. :
That feeling sucks. I still gain lp overall too, but it's a very low gain. It's a very unsatisfying feeling to play a few games and just barely going up the ladder.

Leezard

I just witnessed an amazing Gragas play. The guy baited his opponent to come close with his Q, then slammed him away with his R and detonated the Q mid-air, getting another Q in for the kill when the opponent ran scared.

When should you pick up Hurricane on him? I didn't realize that item procs his on-hit effect, and with the on-hit effect being so important for him, it seems like it should be like...3rd or 4th major item?

I don't think buying Hurricane on Varus is a good choice at all, Hurricane is sadly underwhelming. You deal a bit more aoe damage, but you will deal less single target damage than with other items. The Legolas build is more popular, and more useful.

Edwardo

PayPal says the transaction is completed. I'm just waiting for the money to show up on my serve account. Gonna have delicious amount of rp soon >:)

Varus is my most played adc and i've never made Hurricane on him. Well to be honest i've never made hurricane on anyone ever.

My build for varus is usually IE and BT -> LW -> PD -> GA. Throw in zerkers greaves wherever.

Never. Hurricane is a terrible item unless you want to do silly Kog/Twitch/Teemo/Kennen builds for fun.

And it doesn't, Vayne's silver bolts need to be against the same target, Hurricane afaik makes it so it never procs.

drawkcaB

Never*. The CDs on his QWR abilities act as gates for proc'ing his W marks and flat damage from W isn't enough to justify Hurricane by itself. If you want AoE damage on Varus you're better off picking up Statikk Shiv.

Hurricane does not apply silver bolts to all targets hit despite being an on-hit effect.

*For AP/magic damage Varus, Hurricane is an item that needs to be bought at some point.

scy

Hurricane does not apply silver bolts to all targets hit despite being an on-hit effect.

Just to expand on this, it does this purposefully since Silver Bolts would never proc if it worked with Hurricane. If it didn't, Silver Bolts would apply to multiple targets at once which would reset itself due to Silver Bolts functionality.

Edwardo

Never*. The CDs on his QWR abilities act as gates for proc'ing his W marks and flat damage from W isn't enough to justify Hurricane by itself. If you want AoE damage on Varus you're better off picking up Statikk Shiv.

I've been seeing a good amount of enemy Varuses (wtf sp.) building shiv lately. Never tried it myself though.

Cathcart

I mean I know this isn't exactly League related but as a general life guideline I'd probably try to avoid ever saying the phrase "I started picking the asshole". But maybe that's just me.

Also thanks for Varus tips. I gotta practice up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom