• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just witnessed an amazing Gragas play. The guy baited his opponent to come close with his Q, then slammed him away with his R and detonated the Q mid-air, getting another Q in for the kill when the opponent ran scared.

I don't think buying Hurricane on Varus is a good choice at all, Hurricane is sadly underwhelming. You deal a bit more aoe damage, but you will deal less single target damage than with other items. The Legolas build is more popular, and more useful.

I see. What is the legolas build?

Never. Hurricane is a terrible item unless you want to do silly Kog/Twitch/Teemo/Kennen builds for fun.

And it doesn't, Vayne's silver bolts need to be against the same target, Hurricane afaik makes it so it never procs.

Never*. The CDs on his QWR abilities act as gates for proc'ing his W marks and flat damage from W isn't enough to justify Hurricane by itself. If you want AoE damage on Varus you're better off picking up Statikk Shiv.

Hurricane does not apply silver bolts to all targets hit despite being an on-hit effect.

*For AP/magic damage Varus, Hurricane is an item that needs to be bought at some point.

oh i see.

It seemed like it was allowing his E and Q to do a lot more work than normal in team fights since basically everyone was getting marked all the time instead of just the main target which seemed to be an optimal scenario since more marked targets meant more hurt when hitting the Q/E....and late game, each those abilities are up a couple of times in team fights I found. I also found that what the Hurricane also did was proc his actual default passive (the attack speed boost) because you're likely to unintentionally kill a minion or two caught in team fights with the split shooting arrows, so that passive ends up being active more frequently than usual.

But I may be overestimating the actual amount of damage the passive was doing. I'll keep experimenting with it, but I'll certainly take all this into consideration. Thanks guys.

Varus is my most played adc and i've never made Hurricane on him. Well to be honest i've never made hurricane on anyone ever.

My build for varus is usually IE and BT -> LW -> PD -> GA. Throw in zerkers greaves wherever.
So standard ADC setup. Okay.

Leezard

oh i see.

It seemed like it was allowing his E and Q to do a lot more work than normal in team fights since basically everyone was getting marked all the time instead of just the main target which seemed to be an optimal scenario since more marked targets meant more hurt when hitting the Q/E....and late game, each those abilities are up a couple of times in team fights I found. I also found that what the Hurricane also did was proc his actual default passive (the attack speed boost) because you're likely to unintentionally kill a minion or two caught in team fights with the split shooting arrows, so that passive ends up being active more frequently than usual.

But I may be overestimating the actual amount of damage the passive was doing. I'll keep experimenting with it, but I'll certainly take all this into consideration. Thanks guys.

So standard ADC setup. Okay.

It's nothing special, it's just a couple of Doran's into BT and then LW, getting atk speed after that. It was dubbed that during Worlds, after Genja went 3 Dorans -> BT -> LW -> another BT, though that it a bit extreme. The arrows really hurt.

drawkcaB

BT or IE->Last Whisper->BT or PD, or basically getting LW before you pick up your zeal and its upgraded item. The idea is that this builds pumps up your Q damage.

Never actually tried it myself, I keep forgetting and just go the usual BT/IE->PD as I do with all my carries.

It seemed like it was allowing his E and Q to do a lot more work than normal in team fights since basically everyone was getting marked all the time instead of just the main target

That's part of the problem, it's not tagging everyone. It's tagging the two closest champions to your main target, assuming they're in the range (pretty sure the math on hurricane make's the range to secondary targets less as well for some reason). And those targets are likely to be the most durable on their team and thus the most able to brush off the % health magic damage you hope to proc. They have to be in a nice straight line for Q or lumped together for E, both of which make you stop you from AA'ing and either slow you down or immobilize you entirely for a short moment.

It's a neat idea in theory that doesn't pan out in practice on a typical ADC Varus build, which is hardly unique to him as far as Hurricane goes.

erragal

So has zac completely fallen off the radar or what?

The tenacity on his ult was a very powerful part of his kit. He's not really much weaker but it's far simpler to prevent him from doing exactlt what he wants with his ult in those high pressure situstions. Also aatrox is out if you're looking for the life stealing fotm. Still viable and filled with snowball potential though.

BT or IE->Last Whisper->BT or PD, or basically getting LW before you pick up your zeal and its upgraded item. The idea is that this builds pumps up your Q damage.

Never actually tried it myself, I keep forgetting and just go the usual BT/IE->PD as I do with all my carries.

That's part of the problem, it's not tagging everyone. It's tagging the two closest champions to your main target, assuming they're in the range (pretty sure the math on hurricane make's the range to secondary targets less as well for some reason). And those targets are likely to be the most durable on their team and thus the most able to brush off the % health magic damage you hope to proc. They have to be in a nice straight line for Q or lumped together for E, both of which make you stop you from AA'ing and either slow you down or immobilize you entirely for a short moment.

It's a neat idea in theory that doesn't pan out in practice on a typical ADC Varus build, which is hardly unique to him as far as Hurricane goes.
Oh it just tags the 2 closest?

Probably worked well because it was a 3v3 match. I just extrapolated and assumed it would apply the same way in 5v5.

DeadNames

Banned
The tenacity on his ult was a very powerful part of his kit. He's not really much weaker but it's far simpler to prevent him from doing exactlt what he wants with his ult in those high pressure situstions. Also aatrox is out if you're looking for the life stealing fotm. Still viable and filled with snowball potential though.

Look at my avatar :p I main aatrox top and zac in the jungle. Zac is just so good IMO.

Type2

Zac had his early game nerfed significantly with the e dmg, blob nerf and ult. He is still a beast in late game teamfights and still has unique ganks.
I havent been playing him much lately because he feels off. Also coming back from a deficit with him is rough.
Just smite steal like a god!

Oh yay, 5 straight losses, all 5 with super shit teammates that insist on trying new shit in ranked.

Is it just me or are my teams getting progressively worse as I get close to gold? I had better , well, everything, at silver 5.

Fuzzery

Oh yay, 5 straight losses, all 5 with super shit teammates that insist on trying new shit in ranked.

Is it just me or are my teams getting progressively worse as I get close to gold? I had better , well, everything, at silver 5.

It's because people who are gold 5 got to their goal, don't care anymore and are just trying new stuff because it's end of season time. It's the biggest flaw with the league system, IMO. Been happening to me too, sucks.

Maybe that's what's happening to me in Silver 5...

Ah who am I kidding, I'm matched with mostly Bronze at this stage*.

*As in people who might conceivably be tryharding for Silver.

DeadNames

Banned
Stupid Aatrox change. The AS on his passive is needed for level 2 cheese :(

Also that old Vlad art

HAAHHAH what the fuck?! they're NERFING Sivir?!

Welp I give up. I get absolutely nothing but Lead 5 and people who lord knows how they got plat as teams.

Will give 3.13 a try otherwise see you next season. Not going to blow a vein over a shitty skin and I reaaaally need a break from this game.

Ferga

Had a hilarious game.

I camped top and got shen fed to a point where he could get a triforce. Every fight, I would just ult the fed trist with his ult on me then we'll kill tristana in less than a second.

The poor guy was raging so badly.

garath

It's because people who are gold 5 got to their goal, don't care anymore and are just trying new stuff because it's end of season time. It's the biggest flaw with the league system, IMO. Been happening to me too, sucks.

Then they're in for a shocker when they have to place again and their MMR puts them in silver V Lol.

Awesome patch. Tons of changes.

Sucks I never got to play OP jinx. Every time I got her someone dodged.

Einbroch

Banned
Welp I give up. I get absolutely nothing but Lead 5 and people who lord knows how they got plat as teams.

Will give 3.13 a try otherwise see you next season. Not going to blow a vein over a shitty skin and I reaaaally need a break from this game.
1. Find two people that aren't Wood V.
2. Make a 3s team.
3. Play like ten games.
4. Get gold.

Zynx

Finally found my calling. Had being playing Annie mainly since I started, since I saw the "roaming Annie guide" while looking for someone good to play with my 500 ip that you get from the tutorial, but I got dumpstered by a good brand in mid awhile ago and got pretty discouraged. Especially when so much depends on landing the tibbers well, even when you're fed.

I'm going to main Karthus. Lay waste 1s cooldown with nice range and mana on kill? Defile, wall of pain, requiem? Sure, no hard cc and no dashes (too bad) but all damage all the time! And even if you die you still get a chance for revenge. And since the AP ratios don't seem so hot relatively, it gives me a good excuse to focus on building CDR, which I like.

Wish there was a faster way to learn matchups, though. Even after going through every champion's wikia ability descriptions and watching most of the champ spotlights, and whatever guides I can find, it's still not enough. This game takes a ridiculous amount of time to get good at.

I still need a lot of practice dodging skillshots. Actually, a lot of the time it seems like I don't have enough time to react - they miss only because I'm already on the move. I eat a lot of lux's slow-burst thing, and zigg bombs too.

It's also hilarious how when I reached level 21, I was thinking "awesome, way more than halfway until I can play ranked", then decided to look up the xp curve...nope!

I so wanted to get kogmaw working for me - bio-arcane barrage sounds so great on paper, and living artillery is pretty sweet too. But whenever I played him it seemed like I could've done better in the same situation and same matchup with Cait, my go-to for ADC. Maybe I was doing something wrong but I hardly ever got a chance to pile on with bio-arcane barrage and ended up mainly using living artillery to put the hurt on, which didn't seem to work well as an adc.

e: reading the changes, I really like the inhibitor change - it sucked to have all lanes push because of one downed inhib. Dragon change is cool, too. Baron seems much less useful now? No more sneak comeback Barons? Oh, I really like the faster game start - I hate idling for almost 2 minutes to start the game.

DeadNames

Banned
Had a hilarious game.

I camped top and got shen fed to a point where he could get a triforce. Every fight, I would just ult the fed trist with his ult on me then we'll kill tristana in less than a second.

The poor guy was raging so badly.

Who were you playing?

Just upgraded to windows 8.1 and my fps is at 30 now instead of 60. Wtf is this..

Weird, but check your drivers, maybe there's some drivers for windows 8.1 that you need. I think I read something about that in the Windows 8.1 OT, but I'm not sure.

^^ Windows 8.1 here, no issues. ATI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom