• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
n78ELtX.png

happy birthday to ME

edit: just went again and got riot graves what a day

edit2: damn i just realized i should have waited til i bought ezreal so i could have a chance at TPA ez

brian!

feral flare bout gettin stacks so
prolly ppl who have "guaranteed" ult ganks that like to chill in the jungle as they wait for cooldowns like skarner or wukong or panth

Hmmm, feral flareee.

what champions you guys think would feral flare be better for than a spirit item?

Aatrox, Yasuo, Fiora, Yi, Riven, Rengar, maybe even Jax. Possibly Lee Sin.

It's primarily an item intended for champions who aren't currently very popular junglers, rather than a subset of the currently popular junglers. You're mostly looking at resourceless champions who have efficient clears already (if they have inefficient clears they likely need Spirit Stone health sustain and Conservation passive), and a small number of mana champions who have extremely efficient clears and natural attack speed steroids.

For most other champions (Kha, Wukong, Vi, etc.) the loss of sustain and gold isn't usually going to be worth it.

Ferrio

Banned
Ya I'm going to rock diana with it. Then go lichbane or something, see how that pans out. Probably explode like normal but without the insane ap burst that comes with it.

Hmmm, feral flareee.

what champions you guys think would feral flare be better for than a spirit item?
Trundle.

like what? i don't think heavy sustain is a problem right now?
Not anymore they aren't, because Riot gutted nearly every single one. They would've been less problematic if your only options (back when innate sustain was really strong) weren't two 2000+ gold items, very situational ones at that.

Diana's could be rough. On the one hand she can clear camps very efficiently with just her W, but on the other hand she has a microscopic mana pool so you're going to OoM off any gank, duel, or lane cover and pretty much have to back.

You can probably make it work, but I'm not sure it's more effective than Spectral Wraith.

zkylon

zkylewd
enemy ezreal just said i should get cancer for building tear on syndra wtf

n78ELtX.png

happy birthday to ME
is it your bday? happy birthday yo!

Not anymore they aren't, because Riot gutted nearly every single one. They would've been less problematic if your only options (back when innate sustain was really strong) weren't two 2000+ gold items, very situational ones at that.
well imo sustain is boring so i don't mind

i mean i know nami and sona both are sort of sustain supports but they can also be played way more offensively (which is how i play them for the most part, until sona q got mega nerfed in exchange for like 6 more base armor lol), so at least they have a choice.

soraka is just boring to play against or as.

brian!

i dunno about getting it on people who benefit really nicely from the immediate dmg and cdr from elder lizard

elder lizard seems like its made for ppl who show up a lot in lanes or enemy jungle, like efficiently doing both ganks and farming

f3ral flare seems slower and kinda dependent on getting dat 25, which would be a little more risky if you were just trying to get it from champ kills + you have less dmg now too

i wonder how long it usually takes to get the mad stacks tho

also gotta think about how elder lizard works with abilities, like vi kind of fits how I think of feral flare right now, someone who's gank potential is a lot larger with her 6, but lizard procs off her e in an aoe, same with wu, so iunno

i wanna try it with aatrox

Ferrio

Banned
Diana's could be rough. On the one hand she can clear camps very efficiently with just her W, but on the other hand she has a microscopic mana pool so you're going to OoM off any gank, duel, or lane cover and pretty much have to back.

You can probably make it work, but I'm not sure it's more effective than Spectral Wraith.

Well gank wise she's pretty shitty pre 6. So might make more sense the snag the item that benefits from farming. Like I said might fail horribly, but might be fun to try out.

i dunno about getting it on people who benefit really nicely from the immediate dmg and cdr from elder lizard

elder lizard seems like its made for ppl who show up a lot in lanes or enemy jungle, like efficiently doing both ganks and farming

f3ral flare seems slower and kinda dependent on getting dat 25, which would be a little more risky if you were just trying to get it from champ kills + you have less dmg now too

i wonder how long it usually takes to get the mad stacks tho

It depends on how well they benefit from attack speed off the build path to begin with. Champions like Aatrox, Jax, and Yasuo who already get better stat value from attack speed aren't losing quite as much by missing out on Elder Lizard passive, for example.

brian!

yuh makes sense, tho most every jungler benefits from attack speed, i wonder how it balances out. wonder about ad vs. atspd in ganks, i might be off in thinking of -15+ dmg as making someone a less capable ganker
sustain is def something to consider

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
feral flare bout gettin stacks so
prolly ppl who have "guaranteed" ult ganks that like to chill in the jungle as they wait for cooldowns like skarner or wukong or panth
without mana regen it would probably be a bad choice for all of those guys.

well imo sustain is boring so i don't mind

i mean i know nami and sona both are sort of sustain supports but they can also be played way more offensively (which is how i play them for the most part, until sona q got mega nerfed in exchange for like 6 more base armor lol), so at least they have a choice.

soraka is just boring to play against or as.
Boring is relative since I find Soraka to be fun (when not used badly like a hurr durr healz goat), and people wouldn't mind as much if they could actively reduce the effectiveness of innate sustain with a temporary window of opportunity thanks to an affordable item they bought. Or a trinket for all I care. Rather than addressing the problem, Riot nerfed them into redundancy for very flawed reasons while forgetting they kept mindless assassin plays or early game bruisers like Renekton under control.

Whatever though, after so many years Riot made it clear that this'll never happen.

zkylon

zkylewd
does the proc from leona's passive use her or or whoever-procced-it's mpen?

Boring is relative since I find Soraka to be fun (when not used badly like a hurr durr healz goat), and people wouldn't mind as much if they could actively reduce the effectiveness of innate sustain with a temporary window of opportunity thanks to an affordable item they bought. Or a trinket for all I care. Rather than addressing the problem, Riot nerfed them into redundancy for very flawed reasons while forgetting they kept mindless assassin plays or early game bruisers like Renekton under control.

Whatever though, after so many years Riot made it clear that this'll never happen.
so like a low cost item that has a grievous wounds dealing active? or passive really, like having forbidden idol have the morello passive or something

now that i think about it, it's kinda funny that morellonomicon's hates healers lol

brian!

yeah mana regen seems necessary too i forgot that, very used to spirit stone as the item everyone gets

i tried it with aatrox, three things tho

1. I tried it in a bot game, i dunno why I thought that would be at all representative of anything I don't think it is.
2. I'm still thinking in URF terms of power level
3. I played aatrox so a lot of the things I was thinking about testing (atspd, sustain) were kinda fucked up. Also I skilled him normally, q->w->e->eeeeqqqq, so I wasn't like maxing out the thing that took advantage of attack speed but his utility, which is how i think he should be played in the jungle anyway. I used my old "physical" runes, which is now 15 ad, 9 armor, and some mr, which is what I use on things that don't need atspd in the jungle

well it took me till ~12 minutes to get the flare after straight buying wriggles my first back, so I'm going to assume it'll take around maybe 18 or more depending on how often I have to show up in particular lanes, or whether junglers are invading me, etc. I dont have any math for 18 im just throwing it out there, I'm thinking maybe that's a little generous but I have no real basis for that, good paragraph

in terms of auto attack health sustain, aatrox was a horrible champ to test that on since he does fine with just like a long sword in the jungle, whoops. once I got wriggles (i skipped madreds) my clear time was faster, but like I said I'm still thinking URF so I couldn't tell whether it was good or not, plus I'm still clearing camps with my aoe mostly. dragon is of course easier, but that was the case with old madreds anyway, plus I soloed it when I was already strong so no useful information there. I imagine the ward would be useful but how the fuck would i know

the damage spike from getting feral sure made me kill the ezreal that was 3 levels under me faster

ok there's my first impression of the item
prolly gonna copy pros in a couple of weeks

dimb

zyra just looks like a regular lady. it's sort of making me uncomfortable.

the damage spike from getting feral sure made me kill the ezreal that was 3 levels under me faster

You have to really put the bots in their place, to keep them from getting lofty thoughts of rising up to overthrow their human oppressors.

Aatrox is kind of a 'meh' test case since it's hard for it not to work on him, though, yeah. Fiora might be better since she's actually sort of borderline on whether or not she needs Spirit Stone sustain. (Normally she's pretty efficient but it can hurt like hell if you have to hold Blue for your mid laner for a while or cut off in the middle of a camp to try and bail out a lane.)

Yasuo and Rengar are also pretty 'no duh' cases since they never really needed Spirit Stone to begin with, it was just sort of a 'might as well' item on them. Not sure about Yi, I haven't tried to jungle him seriously for more than one or two games since his rework.

brian!

yeah prtty pointless to test it on aatrox, I was trying to just get general information on the item but I failed, pretty pleased with that though

God, she's so deranged and stoned-looking, and her torso is basically just a rectangle. I don't even know how someone failed to art that hard. It's like that Ecce Homo restoration piece.

zkylon

zkylewd
apparently they'll go for 750, which is well deserved. i guess they're alright, i mean i don't like them and it's weird it took them this long to make, but they're not so awful, at least the jax is cool and probably zed will be cool too

i wonder if they could just do something better for the girls tho. like zyra is just like tpa ori, like they slapped a shirt on with the logo and a headphone and it kinda works?

Edwardo

Just did Feral Flare on Lee. I dont play Lee much, but it felt rly good if that counts for anything. Clears were really fast.

I just had a Vayne spend an entire game calling me (Alistar) "her Gamagoori-san".

I guess I should take it as a compliment, but how do people know I play wearing a ball-gag?

Mothman91

Is it me or trying to solo dragon is pretty hard now. Was Graves with BT/BotRK and I was around level 12, by the time I killed it, I was around 60%.

Since 4.4 my ping has been horrendous. A year ago my ping used to be 70 average, then it was around 90-100 average, but now each match my ping is fluctuating from 150 to 250, sometimes spiking up to 300. I know it's not my internet, as i have a steady 60 ping in Wildstar and a steady 100 in Diablo. Anyone else have this issue and manage to fix it?

Boken

Banned
Since 4.4 my ping has been horrendous. A year ago my ping used to be 70 average, then it was around 90-100 average, but now each match my ping is fluctuating from 150 to 250, sometimes spiking up to 300. I know it's not my internet, as i have a steady 60 ping in Wildstar and a steady 100 in Diablo. Anyone else have this issue and manage to fix it?

east coast?

dimb

But I get %dmg and more lifesteal with that. I am missing crit chance but I think the healing debuff is pretty huge on soloing it now.
he is saying botrk is terrible on graves. cause it is. flat attack damage is infinitely better.

zkylon

zkylewd
But I get %dmg and more lifesteal with that. I am missing crit chance but I think the healing debuff is pretty huge on soloing it now.
it doesn't have a healing debuff

ATTACK DAMAGE 145 ⇒ 110
NEW - BONUS ARMOR & MAGIC RESIST +13 armor and +5.85 magic resist per level after level 9
NEW - % CURRENT HEALTH DAMAGE 5% (+0.5% per level after level 9) current health as physical damage per attack
NEW - DAMAGE DEBUFF -20% damage
REMOVED - ATTACK SPEED SLOW -20% attack speed

the damage debuff shouldn't be much of a change for adcs unless you crit i think (it's more to counter like fiddle and nasus ult and elise and khazix q) but since it deals % health now it might hurt a little more than in 4.4

but yea you shouldn't run bjork on graves. get like bt->lw or something

Mothman91

he is saying botrk is terrible on graves. cause it is. flat attack damage is infinitely better.

Yeah, I know that. Does the % hp work on monsters? I was just messing some stuff around, I know that BT/Pd(or shiv) is the first two items you should get first always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom