• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
Anyone switching up their ADC pages? I'm pretty happy with my old ones and taking the 1% hit on lifesteal from having 2 LS quints. 1% can't really make much difference right?

Armour is still better in bot lane IMO as it increases the value of sustain.

I started running an armor pen mark/AD quint page for ADC's a couple weeks ago and like it a lot more than my LS page.

In other words, feral flare is high risk high reward. it does TONS of damage, but you really need to farm it up. the ward range is HUUUUUGE

A big thing to note is that the health restore on-hit for champions with high attack speed or abilities that count as basic attacks can get pretty huge. Unlike the Spirit Stone items it's not restricted to neutral monsters once you've got the Flare completed, so it actually can be fairly useful as an additional form of combat sustain.

Like, there's a lot to recommend the item over Elder Lizard, you just have to remember that at the end of the day it's probably going to end up costing you an extra 500-1k gold due to the inferior gold generation passive.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm trying out a switch to health seals and armor quints

8*9=72 hp same as 3 quints (78 hp)

4.26*3=12.78 armor vs old 1.41*9=12.69 armor

bought me 6 mp5 glyphs for sona

2 mp5 isn't super great but sounds maybe more useful than the flat mr

Enjoy getting ripped up like tissue paper by every support.

Ferrio

Banned
My coach during games.

Hfx9GHr.jpg

Ferga

i feel like counter jungling really isn't that big of a deal anymore with the effect that carry junglers can have in lane

Nah counterjungling will always be a big deal

If a jungler can't get levels and wastes time clearing camps with no big monsters, theyll fall way behind. You keep doing it and you basically give your entire team free roam.

Blizzard

Banned
Since 4.4 my ping has been horrendous. A year ago my ping used to be 70 average, then it was around 90-100 average, but now each match my ping is fluctuating from 150 to 250, sometimes spiking up to 300. I know it's not my internet, as i have a steady 60 ping in Wildstar and a steady 100 in Diablo. Anyone else have this issue and manage to fix it?
On east coast, my ping used to be 70-80 I think, but now it's always 103...I haven't tried since 4.5.

i played sona 3 times

it was hilarious
I'm legit saddened. The only 2 times I got Sona on URF, my team got crushed. One of those I did okay...maybe I needed to focus more on laning with someone else and keeping healed, instead of trying to deal damage myself, since everyone was dying like crazy. I kept trying to ult Fizz, but (maybe because of Sona ult travel time, maybe just a timing thing I don't know about) his jump always seemed to register even if a stun hit, causing the stun duration to coincide with his invincibility frames midjump, so all you got was the pre-stun damage and then he would kill you.

drawkcaB

Like, there's a lot to recommend the item over Elder Lizard, you just have to remember that at the end of the day it's probably going to end up costing you an extra 500-1k gold due to the inferior gold generation passive.

The gold generation from the jungler items isn't really all that great. I remember seeing somewhere that if you managed to use up all your stacks consistently it only amount to ~40g per minute. The global gold gains and assist streak bonus gold are the bulk of the new gold out of the jungle.

Ferga

I want to see some maths behind conservation vs wriggles. Want to know how much stuff I should be killing to amount to conservation gold throughout the game

Nekofrog

Banned
The gold generation from the jungler items isn't really all that great. I remember seeing somewhere that if you managed to use up all your stacks consistently it only amount to ~40g per minute. The global gold gains and assist streak bonus gold are the bulk of the new gold out of the jungle.

conservation conservation MOTHERFUCKING CONSERVATION

Blizzard

Banned
Conversation gets especially tough for me once I reach midgame and the lane people leave their lanes to take monster camps instead of pushing or warding. Or, if I am getting lots of kills ganking and am not killing the camps much because I am trying to help with towers and lanes.

I realize the answer to this is probably, "You are a terrible jungler, you should be able to prevent them from killing your camps," but it is still an extra challenge. It feels kind of like the situation where a support in bottom lane is trying to take CS. Sure, if you are a good ADC in theory you should be able to steal all the last hits correctly, but it feels like you're not only playing against the other team, you are now playing against your own teammates who have turned it into Hard Mode.

It adds up. It's not as terrible as it looks on paper because the Spirit Stone final form items are, in and of themselves, pretty expensive (2000 gold vs. 1650 for Wriggle's) but you're still going to end up with 500 or more less gold per game if you were someone who used Conservation even marginally efficiently.

It doesn't kill Feral Flare builds outright, but it has to be accounted for when it's all said and done. You need to be playing a champion for whom the stacking passive of Flare grants equal or greater value compared to the missed gold due to an honestly terrible gold generation passive (it was kind of shit even when it was 40%, and now it's worse). Most "melee carries" pass that litmus test, but almost all AD casters automatically fail it (not that most of them can live without Spirit Stone sustain, anyway).

Trust me, it does most definitely add up. 30% gold from jungle monsters sounds fine and dandy until you realize you "donate" a lot of your big monsters (ie, the ones worth actual money) and late-game when your carries leave lane you lose the ability to do more than pop in for a quick nip in the jungle almost entirely. That's when Conservation just starts to ridiculously outpace Wriggle's for gold generation, during those times when you aren't hard-farming the jungle; ie, the entire back half of any given game.

Edit: Although it's also worth noting that Wriggle's ward placement passive is probably undervalued slightly due to having such a ridiculous range now. It's hard to put a price on being able to ward from farther away, but it definitely helps add some more "phantom" gold generation onto the item.

Boken

Banned
shit whatd i miss

On east coast, my ping used to be 70-80 I think, but now it's always 103...I haven't tried since 4.5.

I'm legit saddened. The only 2 times I got Sona on URF, my team got crushed. One of those I did okay...maybe I needed to focus more on laning with someone else and keeping healed, instead of trying to deal damage myself, since everyone was dying like crazy. I kept trying to ult Fizz, but (maybe because of Sona ult travel time, maybe just a timing thing I don't know about) his jump always seemed to register even if a stun hit, causing the stun duration to coincide with his invincibility frames midjump, so all you got was the pre-stun damage and then he would kill you.
you shouldve shat on your lane

Just figured I'd try something crazy while testing the new Feral Flame on jungle Diana. Flame + Wits End + Frozen Heart + Sorc Boots + Rylais + Frozen Gauntlet.

Not sure if I'm completely insane of if this build has hope. I think there is a viable bruiser Diana build in there somewhere. Maybe Nashors and Liandries instead of Wits End and Gauntlet. Maybe just build pure tank instead of Rylais/FH/Gauntlet. Not sure.

Boken

Banned
the way im seeing right now is that feral flame builds are good on people who can clear really fast already

and not so good on people who need the help to do so

weak clearers still left in the dirt

RIP warwick ;(

Well, yeah. I don't think it was ever really envisioned as being a tank item. There's probably a need to take a second look at the Golem Spirit. I'm not sure what you could really do, though.

The obvious thing would be to put some sort of damage reflection vs. jungle monsters onto it, but then people would whine about the thorns stealing blue or whatever. Maybe some sort of active where as you take damage it accumulates in a pool that you can then unleash on jungle mobs?

They don't seem to want Spirit Stone items to have actives, though, so I dunno.

the way im seeing right now is that feral flame builds are good on people who can clear really fast already

RIP warwick ;(

Yes, the issue is that by the time WW gets Wriggles/FF, he already has his ult.

Boken

Banned
OGN is on right now

if Prime can 2-0 SKT S, then we will have a tie with SKT K and S

ITS SUSPICIOUS THAT PRIME IS WINNIUGN

Leezard

OGN is on right now

if Prime can 2-0 SKT S, then we will have a tie with SKT K and S

ITS SUSPICIOUS THAT PRIME IS WINNIUGN

30 minutes in, 2 inhibs down, 4-2 in kills.

This almost looks like an EU game.
If it was an EU game the inhib would not be down yet.

Boken

Banned
[QUOte Mothman91;106901135]Don't ya think organizations would try to avoid this kind of stuff, definitely after that AHQ situation??[/QUOTE]
I'm not accusing anyone of collusion

It's just a bad situation
Prime can deserve The win too

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

RIP warwick ;(
yep. we might see a return of solo queue nocturne thanks to the flare, but udyr and warwick wont touch it with a 20 meter pole.

I hope Riot reverts the trinket and TP changes, or finds some other way around the 2 v 1s.

Like when top laners aren't even bothering to go to their lanes any more and just 4 man the other lane, there's a big problem there. There has to be an incentive to lane, but lane swaps just create PvE situations that are boring to watch and warp the intended flow of the game.

Group A is such a mess lol

Everybody 2-0ed another.

I wanna know who told riot 2minute trinkets was prefer

I remember when they made the change on the PBE the first time they said it was cos pros and stuff complained there wasn't enough level 1 action.

but since the change was made all the pros i've seen have been saying how much they dislike the change so idk. like the couple of late invades we get don't make up for people not even bothering to lane cos of 2/3/4v1s.

I think 2v1 is fine from time to time as a strategy to counter specific champs or if you have a really unfavourable bot lane match or something, like it was before the 4.4 patch, but they shouldn't be the dominant way to play the game.

Boken

Banned
I remember when they made the change on the PBE the first time they said it was cos pros and stuff complained there wasn't enough level 1 action.

but since the change was made all the pros i've seen have been saying how much they dislike the change so idk. like the couple of late invades we get don't make up for people not even bothering to lane cos of 2/3/4v1s.

I think 2v1 is fine from time to time as a strategy to counter specific champs or if you have a really unfavourable bot lane match or something, like it was before the 4.4 patch, but they shouldn't be the dominant way to play the game.
Well its not like pros are gonna come out N say hey I told riot to do this

N also, People are more likely to complain then say hey um ok with this

I wake up and all I see is collussiioonnn!
jk

PO did beat KT Arrows in the qualifiers so its not like they're a terrible team but at the same time, I doubt accusations of match fixing will ever stop for this game (if its a legitimate match or otherwise).

jerd

Yeah but is one single target skillshot slow that you can maybe use twice during a team fight the kind of CC you want on a bruiser though? I agree it is good lane harass but I'm just not sure how he will be useful outside of that. He is a shell of what he used to be as a split pusher. I've only tried him twice but I had a really hard time getting any kind of assassination potential on him. Idk I have never been a good Rengar player so it is very likely I'm just doing it wrong, but I just don't see what role he will play in a team.

Edit: I take that back I guess, because he should still be able to get to the carry and be really annoying if he hits lots of champs with his W. He just doesn't feel right I guess.

It's just that people haven't gotten used to him I suppose. Played Vs a Rengar last night and he was doing quite a lot of damage. Couldn't downright blow me up but over extended fights he looked pretty good. That said, he was complaining on all chat that Rengar was UP but then again my team wasn't exactly fair - fed Riven, fed Donger, fed Vayne. He'll get buffed next patch if he's UP anyways, Scruffy works fast on feedback.

God bless the fact that he can't splitpush for shit now. Fuck that.

garath

My goals tonight are to play MF adc and Rengar jungle. Could they have actually buffed two of my favorite champs into viability? We'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom