• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
SKT skins look great. Cheesy and awesome.

New Twitch VU is pretty good, I guess. I like the old one more but this one is okay. Looks like Riot wasn't lying when they said they wanted to do more VUs.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
We need in house all for one URF mode Graves vs. Corki.

Newt's nightmare come alive.

Jeff-DSA

Had fun trolling a URF with Jinx. Fire ult, back and buy, fire ult before leaving fountain, fire ult leaving inner turret, fire ult from mid, fire ult at point of engagement. Everybody salty.

drawkcaB

All I've got to say is play with both items.

I know where the math is at. That's why I started testing Wriggle's even before Feral Flare was added to the game, because the math on it wasn't that bad. There's a very easy way of testing these things, though: at the end of the game you just mouse over the items and they tell you how much gold they've generated, how many wards they've placed, etc.

With 40% gold generation Wriggle's consistently came in 500-1200 gold behind a Spirit Stone item, even once the value of wards from it were taken into account. I haven't had a ton of games with it at the new 30% value, but it's pretty obvious that's not going to do it any favors.

You don't have to believe me, though. Go out and use both builds in real games and check their gold generation at the end of the game. Conservation is just a much better passive because of the way the game is actually played, as opposed to the idealized circumstances required to get the value out of both a warding active and +% gold passive.

I just...simply can't believe this is the case. Not calling you a liar - if that's what you found than that's what you found - and definitely going to test it out on Xin Zhao once I'm done trying out Aatrox and Rengar for jungle picks, but it makes no sense.

Let's say you pick up the upgraded spirit item around the 15 minute mark (a bit on a long side, and I recognize getting fed early, not buying boots, etc. can reduce this time to ~10 mins or less) then let's assume an average match length of 45 minutes, that translates to 1200g maximum which in most (all?) cases isn't going to happen. Now, let's take into account the difference in item cost, the gold advantage is now down to 850g. Let's take into account 10 wards used over a 30 minute span (could even increase that amount, whereas a 10 minute final spirit item happens when things go well, a 10 minute Wriggle's is rather common). That's now a 100g advantage.

Your findings are just so hard to believe (no offense intended). They're so egregious to the intent of Feral Flare as a farming item there's no way that slips past Riot...or not, it's not like the Wriggle's line hasn't been fucked for about a year now.

zkylon

zkylewd
zed2.jpg
these skt skins feel like they were made in the 90s, i can kind of appreciate the goofyness tho

Nev

Banned
do lux next pls

fuck sion

nobody plays sion

Nobody plays him because he looks godawful (the 0 mechanics kit typical of old champions is also a factor, but certainly not the main), look at how Sivir went from forgotten in the abyss to one of the most common marksmen. But anyways Taric MUST be before Sion, I don't understand how they keep doing other champions before Taric, he's just so bad. Stands out like a day without server issues in EUW.

Nekofrog

Banned
man remember those wonderful 3 weeks when Taric was literally an unkillable god in botlane who could say FUCK YOU and 1v2 your botlane?

good times.

Violet_0

Banned
buhuhu, why does veigar one-hit me with his r? Buhuhu, why does Alistar solo my entire team??

welcome, this must be your first urf game

cHinzo

are you implying that thresh is currently anywhere near as strong as Taric was during the launch of preseason 4?

Jungle Taric was OP just after his rework. Holycrap, the damage u could dish out combined with his 'braindead' point-and-click stun was way too good. Together with his free armor aura on his W and he was like a god. Thresh is imo in a good spot.

I miss jungling with Taric. :(

DeadNames

Banned
Feral Flare is broken lol. Especially on Aatrox. Insane clear times with that bad boy while being pretty tanky. A lot cheaper than BoRK too.

I had thought Guinsoo had left Riot too. Can't fucking wait

On an unrelated note, pick Irelia Vs Jax, get completely and utterly fucked, pick Fiora Vs Jax, slap his shit all game. Top lane, how do you even work

Ferga

Outside of stealing buffs, I don't really see the point of actively counter-jungling anymore with how heavily the risk-reward has been skewed ever since pre-season 4. Jungle camps spawn faster so most current-day junglers don't really care anymore if a couple of big monsters get stolen, it's much easier to regain lost XP than before so realistically you'll rarely keep the enemy jungler down a few levels and the entire enemy team has to be dense as fuck to let repeated counter-jungling happen unpunished with a bigger emphasis on map presence / ward coverage nowadays. All of this puts a jungler like Nunu in an awkward position, because he's good at nothing anymore. He's one of the absolute worst champions right now considering the jungle changes and his own severe nerfs.

I mean, I still counter-jungle to some extent with Trundle to establish map control (that's his shtick) and he generally comes out on top in 1 vs 1 melee duels anyways, but the benefits of counter-jungling have been heavily reduced. Take the enemy's buffs, maybe pick a fight inside their own jungle if you notice that the opposing lanes are weak and that's about it. If you do intend on taking more jungle camps once red and / or blue has been secured, then that time is better spent pressuring towers, counter-ganking or killing dragon.

Eh. Jungler gold is pretty much all dependent on big monster kills. Conservation/Wriggles gold generation is everything to junglers.

Main reason why junglers can build a brutaliser after their spirit item and still have tanky items mid game.

Edit: shit, I'm becoming more and more like double posting boken. This damn avatar.

Blizzard

Banned
Fake-boken, please. ;-;

I think if you can get a tower or two, or dragon, that's worth more than a couple of jungle monsters. This is especially true since towers don't respawn and your whole team gets the gold instead of just you.

Presumably it is on a case by case basis though. And as I and maybe someone else have pointed out, it can get difficult to kill big monsters midgame since your laners leave their lanes and start taking jungle monsters instead of minion waves.

Ferga

Yeah but you still gank when you counter jungle. You don't just counter jungle all game and do nothing out of it.

Of course you'll fall behind if you stay in the jungle all game and let the enemy jungler push down your turrets.

You counter jungle when you screwed up timing and did a misprediction on where the enemy jungle is (and you can't gank any other lanes safely). You can do it when your mid lane is pushed into their turret and you have nothing else to do.

And I think you guys are forgetting that you can kill the enemy jungler in a counter jungle attempt.

Boken

Banned
twitch is pretty good. hes very close to his concept art.

riot have been getting better at delivering on their concept art fantasies

Type2

I think I might be ready to quit or take a league of absence. Lots of exciting things going on with work and no time.

DeadNames

Banned
Guinsoo on Fiora

Hi guys. I'd just like to weigh in on what some of the Fiora goals are. The main problems we see with Fiora's current kit are that thematically, she doesn't deliver on the fantasy of being a skilled duelist/fencer, and mechanically, her game presence / play pattern / role doesn't line up with being a skilled duelist/fencer.

As far as the duelist fantasy goes, at least when I think of Fiora, I expect her to be extremely mobile but not just going in, she needs to be good at dancing in, out of, around and about combat. She should be about finding weaknesses in the opponent's play and finding the proper occasion to go on the attack. She shouldn't be about running in and bursting enemies down, she should be poking them down over time.

Mechanically speaking, I'd expect a duelist type champion to be mechanically intense. I expect opportunities to use my abilities at optimal times to counter out the enemy's champion. I want to have a lot to keep track of, but with clear success cases when I do well.

At the end of the day, live Fiora is a ball of stats with some untargetability thrown in; she pushes her buttons pretty much as fast as she can without a second thought, and she's also extremely snowballey. In short, she's bland with no cool opportunities to exchange gameplay between her and her lane opponent.

Some of the current goals including switching Fiora from an assassin to a melee DPS, and moving her lane from top to mid/jungle, and adding tons of 'outplay' functionality on her kit, as well as more mobility especially in terms of being able to disengage and re-engage at optimal times.

I can't share too much of exactly what the plans are for her kit, as I'm sure it's going to change tons during development, but I'll leave this here to hopefully stir up some excitement for our favorite rapier wielder. Also bear in mind this is an early, experimental Blade Waltz, and could certainly change drastically between now and remake launch time.

attachment.php

I also understand it's hard to understand exactly what this sample Blade Waltz does, given the lack of context on her basic spells... but hopefully your imaginations run wild

I really like what they're going with. He's kind of right, she is pretty boring in her current state. Not to mention her ult is probably keeping her weak. Their plans kind of generate hype for her. Who doesn't love outplay potential?

Blizzard

Banned
"hopefully your imaginations run wild"

I'm imagining to varying degrees the annoyance and frustration of a fed Master Yi, Yasuo, and Tryndamere in one fencer lady. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom