• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Guinsoo on Fiora

I really like what they're going with. He's kind of right, she is pretty boring in her current state. Not to mention her ult is probably keeping her weak. Their plans kind of generate hype for her. Who doesn't love outplay potential?

wow that's pretty close to what i had proposed a couple months ago, though i'll miss the flashyness from her live ult (what i had thought was exactly shortening the cd of all her spells for a duration so she can sort of manually blade waltz, tho no riven-esque upgrades).

if they change the riposte window thing to do more damage the less time you have it up (so like to reward quick counters rather than keeping riposte up to just deny interaction) i'll now rito reads my posts here :p

Einbroch

Banned
Fiora and Quinn are slowly becoming the same champion.

Fiora's new E looks like it could be Quinn's E. Her ult is a "for a short time you get stronger".

AcridMeat

Banned
VNtjA3n.jpg
Troll/drunk friend at the end haha

We were all fucking around in champ select and didn't end up with an adc and we ended up stomping thanks to nocturne mid and good ganks and our bot lane holding their own

Played a game of Gragas support.

I mean we won and it could've been worse, but I'm not sure we'll see it in LCS any time soon.

Maybe the sort of champ Edward would play.

zer0das

Banned
the way im seeing right now is that feral flame builds are good on people who can clear really fast already

and not so good on people who need the help to do so

weak clearers still left in the dirt

RIP warwick ;(

Feral flare is fine on Warwick. It's good on champions that auto a lot, and don't have to use a lot of mana to clear. Warwick isn't the ideal case, but he's pretty close. If you get wriggles, you don't have to use q to clear big monsters nearly as often, and he probably gets the most out of the magic damage due to his auto attack speed with hunter's call active.

If anything Warwick benefits from it more than maybe one or two champions. 33% of the magic damage being applied to champions on-hit means that you can get fairly obscene ults. I had a 45 minute game with over 250 magic damage on an auto, so about 80 magic damage to a champion per auto. Which results in some absurd amount of damage when coupled with wit's end.

The only major drawback is the loss of butcher, because you can't restore a lot of mana in the jungle after a fight. Losing conservation isn't great either, but I don't really notice the difference that much to be honest.

Warwick already had an absurd post 6 game, feral flare just makes it even more absurd.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Damn Karma is such a fun champ to play.

Blizzard

Banned
I had to take E off of smartcast, but Veigar in URF is some of the most entertainment I have had in LoL in a while, after a rough first game.

I am not sure making people vanish in a single ult with 800+ AP will ever get old, let alone if your other spells hit anyone. I like how the Leblanc clone appears briefly after you do this, then it's like "oh crap, nevermind" and goes away.

Ferga

I would be pretty happy if they put in a faerie charm as a component of wriggles. Pretty happy.

Or you know, maybe regenerate 2 mana for an auto attack.

Would love to play a wriggles olaf.

tm24

Start off with another promo series with a great morgana game. Gave up first blood due to me forgetting lux gets 2 roots instead of one like morgs. Made up with a great root as soon as I got back to lane that lead to a kill. Got another kill on enemy trist who stayed too long attacking turret and fired a root that lead to 3 turret shots and another that chased halfway down the lane. Had another satisfying moment 10 minutes later when i stole dragon with an auto. I was absolutely floored by that. Not sure how i did it. Bronze is weird

Suddenly I'm actually really worried about the Fiora rework. Changing her ultimate from one of the coolest spells in the game and the defining ability on her kit into something so bland and boring.

Like, URF Fiora is fun and all, but I'd rather have the current Blade Waltz any day.

Ferga

I would be pretty terrified of fiora if she can use the current blade waltz once while having all those mini buffs to her normal skills

Ferga

When does OGN have 5 set games?

I feel like I haven't seen a blind pick game since the ryu vs faker zed series.

Read more of Guinsoo's replies on that forum thread. Slightly less worried, but still miffed that she's losing Blade Waltz proper.

Apparently she has an incredible amount of mobility/disengage on the new kit, and he also posted these titbits about her new abilities in response to a question asking why you'd pick her over Yasuo:

Guinsoo said:
1) Kayle ult with a few catches on a normal slot
2) Weaker engage, but much stickier than Yasuo
3) Built in disengage

First is obviously Riposte. Seems like you can block spells and attacks for a certain amount of time (Kayle ult), and then deal damage based on the damage you would have received? (guesswork based on another reply)

Second is clearly Lunge. Not sure what else he's doing with that.

Third is the spell he has down as "Disengage". Seems to be a mobility based skill with some sort of stacking buff. My guess would be sort of like a reverse Quinn E, where she jumps out to disengage but could perhaps jump back in to follow up?

in terms of the ult, seems like he wants Q to function sort of like the dashing part of her ult (with the super low cooldown) and W to form the untargetability part of it. Although looks like she's losing turret immunity which means she'll be a lot worse at diving.

wants her to have more consistent, high bursts of DPS. He also hates her current passive, so he's got that right.

Will be interested to see how the new kit shakes out.

Also, re: why he's been dark for so long:

Guinsoo said:
Truth be told, 6 years of intense video game development got to me and I really needed to take some time to destress. I spent about a year traveling and relaxing and now I'm locked and loaded and ready to pump out some sweet content.

for those who want to follow the thread.

Leezard

Oh, so Guinsoo is back from traveling?

I thought people were saying Riot silenced him for saying stupid things on twitter. Obviously that was all speculation, but it's nice to see some confirmation.

edit: reading on the new ult, W seems to parry spells/attacks while rendering you immobile, letting you dash if you successfully parry it. While empowered by ult, you don't become immobile while using it. Fiora should become more interesting and closer to the fencing "fantasy", so to speak.

zkylon

zkylewd
i guess they'll replace her e altogether, which i think is probably a good idea if they're intent on putting her mid and making her more like yasuo in gameplay style

mega attack speed buff doesn't sound like it'd mesh well with the short bursts thing they seem to be going for

hope it turns out ok, i'm running out of waifus for mid lane

her riposte blocking spells with her ult on seems like it'd make her godly at dueling tho, so scary

Oh, so Guinsoo is back from traveling?

I thought people were saying Riot silenced him for saying stupid things on twitter. Obviously that was all speculation, but it's nice to see some confirmation.

edit: reading on the new ult, W seems to parry spells/attacks while rendering you immobile, letting you dash if you successfully parry it. While empowered by ult, you don't become immobile while using it. Fiora should become more interesting and closer to the fencing "fantasy", so to speak.

Wonder if it was a "you should really take a break, dude" situation. Beneficial for both him and Riot.

And yeah, I think that's what they're going for. May be a damage component there too based on how much she would have blocked, since he specifies blocking a big spell.

i guess they'll replace her e altogether, which i think is probably a good idea if they're intent on putting her mid and making her more like yasuo in gameplay style

mega attack speed buff doesn't sound like it'd mesh well with the short bursts thing they seem to be going for

hope it turns out ok, i'm running out of waifus for mid lane

her riposte blocking spells with her ult on seems like it'd make her godly at dueling tho, so scary

The wording of it is more that Riposte will always block spells, but without her ult on it will immobilise you for a short duration and if you block something you get a dash. With the ult on it won't immobilise you.

zkylon

zkylewd
The wording of it is more that Riposte will always block spells, but without her ult on it will immobilise you for a short duration and if you block something you get a dash. With the ult on it won't immobilise you.
that stand still on parry mechanic sounds really awkward but who knows

if riposte blocks spells normally then that sounds pretty annoying. hopefully they won't give her a 800 hp shield and cc :I

I like omni slash, but maybe on something else.

I think omnislash fits her really well

sounds like he wants to replicate it but through multiple inputs rather than press one button and go

I still like the latter more at the moment but I haven't seen to full new kit so who knows.

Boken

Banned
I think omnislash fits her really well

sounds like he wants to replicate it but through multiple inputs rather than press one button and go

I still like the latter more at the moment but I haven't seen to full new kit so who knows.
Idk, I've fenced for a year and I don't think I could pull that off

Omnislash is more of an fe sword master kind of thing. Fencing is so defined by linear movements that omnislash is kinda weird.

Omnislash is more of an fe sword master kind of thing. Fencing is so defined by linear movements that omnislash is kinda weird.

sure, but it's also a video game.

and Blade Waltz is basically just 5 linear movements one after the other but in really quick succession with a bit of flair thrown in.

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope no matter what they do to her ult they keep its flashy nature. like with the sounds and the swishyness and all that crap

DeadNames

Banned

I've fenced for a while now and I'm gonna agree with this. Her ult just makes no sense.

And its incredibly hard to balance.

The only cool thing about her ult is well, the visuals. Mechanically wise, it's a dull, gimmicky spell.

But if her new ult allows her to do some Riven - actual - outplay opportunities, that will be even flashier - and broken.

If one assumes that Lunge is _kind of_ like Blade Waltz's jump around and hit things function, and that Riposte is _kind of_ like Blade Waltz's untargetability, is it hard to envision a scenario where you don't get the current functionality of Blade Waltz if you're allowed to rapidly cast your basic spells?

"Here are 3 reasons off the top of my head to pick her over Yasuo. Please note I'm talking about her new kit with new abilities, not her old kit with a new ultimate. I just spoiled the ultimate for funsies :)
1) Kayle ult with a few catches on a normal slot
2) Weaker engage, but much stickier than Yasuo
3) Built in disengage
give_it_to_me_stephen7iumv.gif

Boken

Banned
my guess-

Q lunge sounds the same?
W locks fiora in place - blocks spells/attacks for x time (to a max of y dmg) - may reactivate to (skillshot) dash at source dealing dmg relative to damage blocked
E - dealing damage applies stacks of disengage (max 3) gaining bonus dmg. may activate again to consume a stack and backstep from target

dis IM v NJWS game is crazy

Ferga

OGN always lags for me. Is it the stream or is it my shitty internet

I'm watching a slideshow with choppy casting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom