• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
I wish we could get a free dodge when a teammate picks Vayne.

Also, fuck Fiora's ult. Free tower dives are not fun. Especially when she has hydra.

drawkcaB

More Skarner changes? lolwhat?

I wish people would stop asking for his old kit back... it wasn't that good. I like having a useful E, and having the atk speed buff tied to the Q instead of my shield.

I only played a handful of games but he felt good to me. IB being cheaper is an indirect buff as well.

They're adding more stickiness to his kit, which he does need. I don't want the old kit back either if it meant he was being kept in his old state.

Any rate, I just played a set of jungle Aatrox games and I don't think I'll be adding him to my jungler pool. I was looking to add another champion who'd be safe in first pick situations, but I really wasn't feeling it with him. I kept feeling like I needed several item pick-ups before I could contribute. Even in games where I did well there was this period around levels 5-9 where I'd lose control of everything.

Ferga

Only thing skarner needs is for his E to not move at a snails pace

It's almost impossible to hit that thing at max range

Tizoc

I keep forgetting that Trynda's Q passive gives him bonus attack power, but even then I still need MORE!

Will mess around with this build:
Hydra>Berserk's G>Phantom Dancer>Last Whisper+Inf E>Guardian Angel
70% attack speed would end with 1.5 Attack speed I believe.
Heck Tryndamere's attack speed with the right build is 1.5 on average by any end game from what I've played.

Newt

I keep forgetting that Trynda's Q passive gives him bonus attack power, but even then I still need MORE!

Heck Tryndamere's attack speed with the right build is 1.5 on average by any end game from what I've played.
No.

You build crit on Tryndamere.

Blizzard

Banned
No.

You build crit on Tryndamere.
To elaborate on this, it is nice to build crit% items on Tryndamere for reasons such as the following:

• You get fury every time you critical strike
  • Tryndamere's E cooldown is reduced every time you critical strike
  • Critical strikes when you have infinity edge do lots of damage.

That said, I'm not sure what other item Newt is recommending (statikk shiv?) since you already have two crit% items.

zkylon

zkylewd

dude

use this, just click on the head of the champion you want a guide of: http://www.lolking.net/guides/

if you have any questions about the guides or any concepts of the game you don't understand or want to know more of or whatever feel free to ask here, but you're trying too hard to invent stuff where stuff is already tried and tested.

if you want to try something unusual that's fine but you know use these guides as starting points because basically what's happening right now is you throwing some random build and people just telling you "no, use the one from the guide", so you could save yourself a step u know :p

(but like seriously no need to censor yourself doe, ask away, imma just trying to help)

That said, I'm not sure what other item Newt is recommending (statikk shiv?) since you already have two crit% items.
i don't play trynda but i think leaving ie for last or rushing hydra are not the bestest of ideas

i imagine he builds bt+stattik+ie? bjork sounds like it could be useful but crit loves straight ad so i dunno

"Cast your mind back to August 2013 and spare a thought then for what happened to COGnitive Gaming, robbed of the opportunity to attend an LCS qualifier through no fault of their own."
"As for why it hasn’t come out before now… There are many reasons."
"That word again. Strange."

Every journalist secretly wants to be Schwarzwald, no matter how wildly inappropriate it is to their occupational field of reporting. Right now there's some mommy blogger hard at work exposing the dark secret of why the Etsy Illuminati have tried so hard to prevent the resurgence of cross-stitching in fabricating patterned socks.

I only hope she sleeps with one eye open, those crochet-happy fuckers will shank a bitch with their needles.

Tizoc

dude

use this, just click on the head of the champion you want a guide of: http://www.lolking.net/guides/

if you have any questions about the guides or any concepts of the game you don't understand or want to know more of or whatever feel free to ask here, but you're trying too hard to invent stuff where stuff is already tried and tested.

if you want to try something unusual that's fine but you know use these guides as starting points because basically what's happening right now is you throwing some random build and people just telling you "no, use the one from the guide", so you could save yourself a step u know :p
...but I do use lolking, that's how I base my builds on. ...but sometimes I just want to try something different just to satiate my curisoity.
Plus it's a work day, I'm kinda bored and this is like the only place I talk about LoL in =P

zkylon

zkylewd
...but I do use lolking, that's how I base my builds on. ...but sometimes I just want to try something different just to satiate my curisoity.
Plus it's a work day, I'm kinda bored and this is like the only place I talk about LoL in =P
yea that's alright. you just seemed pretty lost back when you were building zephyr on everyone lol

Tizoc

yea that's alright. you just seemed pretty lost back when you were building zephyr on everyone lol

Funny thing: I have YET to build a single Zephyr on any of my characters. I don't think I've been building it on anyone since I started using lolking and the other lol websites.

Mothman91

I really love Corki, but for ranked, I just gotta stay away from him and instead play Lucian as the superior ADC caster. I think Corki can burst a bit better, but Corkis laning just fucking sucks. I swear, I'm in love with short range ADCs.

zkylon

zkylewd
i find it pretty cool that on ogn masters the coaches are there doing the picks and bans with the players. it's kinda weird but i like it

Funny thing: I have YET to build a single Zephyr on any of my characters. I don't think I've been building it on anyone since I started using lolking and the other lol websites.
yea actually i really like the item, it's just that you never really get to build it in a game (unless sometimes as 6 items adc) since there's always more important things to get (bt for lifesteal, lw for armorshred, stattik for attack speed, ie for lategame crits, ga/banshees for defense)

Boken

Banned
corki needs somebody like morg/leona to give him the lockdown to guarantee his Q

or some1 like karma to poke with him

Newt

I really love Corki, but for ranked, I just gotta stay away from him and instead play Lucian as the superior ADC caster. I think Corki can burst a bit better, but Corkis laning just fucking sucks. I swear, I'm in love with short range ADCs.
Welcome to my world.

Tizoc

Quick question: Would you say Volibear would be better if his abilities were more AD based? Namely his E and Ulti? Or is them being Ability focused balance him?

Newt

Quick question: Would you say Volibear would be better if his abilities were more AD based? Namely his E and Ulti? Or is them being Ability focused balance him?
Man, you really need to bookmark lolking or something.

Voli builds health, not AD.

zkylon

zkylewd
omg coco playing out of his mind

mostly cougar form too, switching on and off multiple times in fights

goes to show nidalee play is actually pretty beautiful when not reduced to a spear bot

I know that I'm just asking a hypothetical balance/rework question, yeesh.

Generally you build tank. Voli's ulti gives him ad, so if you're really far ahead you might build something with attack speed. Botrk is good on him for this reason, as it gives him attack speed and the active is really good for preventing people kiting you.

I'm pretty sure I explained this to you not long ago, but Statik Shiv is better than Phantom Dancer on Tryndamere in most cases. Botrk is generally far superior to Hydra on him too since the active is very useful for an auto attacking champion.

Tizoc

Generally you build tank. Voli's ulti gives him ad, so if you're really far ahead you might build something with attack speed. Botrk is good on him for this reason, as it gives him attack speed and the active is really good for preventing people kiting you.

I'm pretty sure I explained this to you not long ago, but Statik Shiv is better than Phantom Dancer on Tryndamere in most cases. Botrk is generally far superior to Hydra on him too since the active is very useful for an auto attacking champion.

Yeah you did but I just wanted to mess around with that build. My main Trynda build already has BoRK and Statik.

zkylon

zkylewd
39968881.jpg
some godlike ahri from pixiv

zkylon

zkylewd
use imgur u picture stealer

bops my bad

saved it to my dropbox, so link should be working now. i have almost 1700 pictures now. i should probably clean that shit up but it's so pretty

ed: also u shouldn't use imgur. imgur turns everything to jpegs, it's abominable. i use minus even if it's slow and gross to look at since it does the job at least

Ferga

So apparently, this is me being 'carried' by a nidalee.

Got trash talked all game for not ganking leblanc. Pretty hilarious.

LHDfM03h.png

LHDfM03h.png

But why didn't you gank the LeBlanc though? She has no escapes and you have all of Nidalee's CC to make the gank successful, it's a sure bet every time!

I mean the rest of their champions are just so fast Pantheon could never even catch them. Soraka? Morgana? Waste of time, they're completely ungankable due to their 750 base movement speed and triple dashes.

zer0das

Banned
But uh I'd be having 55+35= 90% Critical chance with the set I wrote.

Most Tryns go cutlass//Statikk Shiv/BotRK/IE, then deviate a bit after that depending on what they want to do.

Shiv functions quite similarly to hydra (in terms of wave clear) except you move faster and gives crit, while the cutlass should cover the vamp.

Used to see hydra a lot more on Tryn, but to get the most out of it you really have to push like crazy and then steal enemy jungle camps, or its not really worth it. It has more to do with the fact it's extremely difficult to get away from a Tryn with BotRK active, shiv, and ghost than hydra being bad. Tryn is all about getting a lead 1v1 and then just shoving it down the other guys throat and split pushing all day. That being said, I don't want to encourage that sort of behavior, so you didn't hear this from me.

zkylon

zkylewd

LHDfM03h.png

gotta love the nidalees, the ezreals of mid. well, there's probably more than one ezreal type in mid

but yea gotta love them picking the zero kill potential champion with barrier and shoved under turret and then whining about no ganks

DeadNames

Banned
u dont know this, but deadnames is crazy

his fav champion is basically maliken

Oh wow, you're right. I actually had no idea :lol

And about Invoker, I just think it's cool that he combines his spells to make new ones. it's a concept I wish Riot games would adapt.

zkylon

zkylewd
man i seriously think rito just straight out broke grago

i mean i get what they wanted to do but simply the games i've had one in my team have been disaster. guy just can't do anything, doesn't do damage and can't tank for shit and now there's a lot of first time gragas shooting jaxes and irelias at their carries.

it's kinda depressing

guess for most people is good riddance but u know this isn't so cool either

Edwardo

man i seriously think rito just straight out broke grago

i mean i get what they wanted to do but simply the games i've had one in my team have been disaster. guy just can't do anything, doesn't do damage and can't tank for shit and now there's a lot of first time gragas shooting jaxes and irelias at their carries.

it's kinda depressing

guess for most people is good riddance but u know this isn't so cool either

Ya I faced a gragas top lane last night. He built straight tank and was more annoying than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom