• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

Before Newt dc'd, sounded like he was having fun with the mustache. Wouldn't be surprised if he started playing with him more.

I wouldn't be surprised if Newt was actually Corki, and this whole thing has just been a clever ruse to keep dimb from realizing how dangerous it is posting pictures of Lulu around him.

Tell me more.

Aside from Rumble (Rumble x Tristana OTP), every yordle loves Lulu. She's their manic pixie dream girl. Corki's just playing the long-con, restyling his mustache and wearing stilts to convince Lulu he's the hunky bad-boy Draven. It's the only way he can possibly compete with a sexual dynamo like Heimerdinger.

Newt

Aside from Rumble (Rumble x Tristana OTP), every yordle loves Lulu. She's their manic pixie dream girl. Corki's just playing the long-con, restyling his mustache and wearing stilts to convince Lulu he's the hunky bad-boy Draven. It's the only way he can possibly compete with a sexual dynamo like Heimerdinger.
I...

this is the worst post I've ever read.

tumblr_miyuutbW2v1rya1xfo2_r1_1280.png

here's a list of things i never expected to read about in this thread:

1. yordle shipping

edit: is going AP Quints, MPen Reds, Scaling AP Blues, and Mana Regen Yellows for mid actually a thing people do?

i can't imagine not taking MR into lane but i guess all that offensive power makes up for it

zkylon

zkylewd
edit: is going AP Quints, MPen Reds, Scaling AP Blues, and Mana Regen Yellows for mid actually a thing people do?

i can't imagine not taking MR into lane but i guess all that offensive power makes up for it
i have a couple similar runepages for easy lanes but usually go armor/mr anyways

i have the mp5+mr when there's like an elise jungle but i may not even take it since having no armor makes minions hit like a truck.

i also have an armor+ap/lvl runepage against ad mids that i use pretty regularly. i may use it too with like syndra sometimes for the extra damage if i know i can outrange the other mid

i have a couple similar runepages for easy lanes but usually go armor/mr anyways

i have the mp5+mr when there's like an elise jungle but i may not even take it since having no armor makes minions hit like a truck.

i also have an armor+ap/lvl runepage against ad mids that i use pretty regularly. i may use it too with like syndra sometimes for the extra damage if i know i can outrange the other mid

i guess its something that would be nice to have situationally but when i look at guides sometimes the recommended runepage is that all-out offense stuff

it's also the fact that im still at the point where i only have three rune pages and dont really feel much of a need to get more because of how little mid I actually play.

like i am not yet comfortable enough on heimer to take him to ranked and i guess i play enough support annie to be able to mid with her. kinda wanna buy akali too.

zkylon

zkylewd
i guess its something that would be nice to have situationally but when i look at guides sometimes the recommended runepage is that all-out offense stuff

it's also the fact that im still at the point where i only have three rune pages and dont really feel much of a need to get more because of how little mid I actually play.

like i am not yet comfortable enough on heimer to take him to ranked and i guess i play enough support annie to be able to mid with her. kinda wanna buy akali too.

here's all my runes if yer interested: http://www.lolking.net/summoner.php?region=las&summoner_id=237189#runes (all the ones that start with "brujita" are for mid :3)

basically i'd suggest if you have to get one ap mid runepage just go with my syndra one, it's the one i default to most games, with the double pen lux page and the ap/lvl page as somewhat situational options. the rest are just things i randomly collected and tried but very rarely use

if i can i'd love to buy a couple more runepages for support, and i really want to get hp regen quints.

Boken

Banned
here's a list of things i never expected to read about in this thread:

1. yordle shipping

thats for mid laners who can play as passively as possible - eg TF who can stand far back and toss wildcards to farm, hoping for snowball off ults.

with the trend of high burst junglers i wouldnt recommend it anyhow

here's all my runes if yer interested: http://www.lolking.net/summoner.php?region=las&summoner_id=237189#runes (all the ones that start with "brujita" are for mid :3)

basically i'd suggest if you have to get one ap mid runepage just go with my syndra one, it's the one i default to most games, with the double pen lux page and the ap/lvl page as somewhat situational options. the rest are just things i randomly collected and tried but very rarely use

if i can i'd love to buy a couple more runepages for support, and i really want to get hp regen quints.

thanks for that. I need to buy a support page too. I usually just use my AD page unless I'm playing Annie.

thats for mid laners who can play as passively as possible - eg TF who can stand far back and toss wildcards to farm, hoping for snowball off ults.

with the trend of high burst junglers i wouldnt recommend it anyhow

Maybe it would work well on heimer then.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's not really that risky running ap/lvl since while you'll receive more damage you'll deal more too, so it kinda evens out.

i don't really like mp5 and ap/lvl cos it really puts you in a weak position when trading since you have no defensive stats whatsoever, and if he gets more spells on than you or you take a bit more caster minion damage than you should it can really set you back.

plus, the mp5 is kinda useless.

but like on heimer going ap/lvl is perfectly fine, he's a lot about hurting you from where you can't hurt him so it should be alright. he can also run doublepen marks since i think he has a pretty decent aa animation?

they might be useful for annie and akali too if those are the champs you're playing mid, tho they're really expensive. it's like 7k or something to get the 9 marks.

with the nerfs to dorans shield i'll probably start using more doublepen again since more people are starting different now

it's not really that risky running ap/lvl since while you'll receive more damage you'll deal more too, so it kinda evens out.

i don't really like mp5 and ap/lvl cos it really puts you in a weak position when trading since you have no defensive stats whatsoever, and if he gets more spells on than you or you take a bit more caster minion damage than you should it can really set you back.

plus, the mp5 is kinda useless.

but like on heimer going ap/lvl is perfectly fine, he's a lot about hurting you from where you can't hurt him so it should be alright. he can also run doublepen marks since i think he has a pretty decent aa animation?

they might be useful for annie and akali too if those are the champs you're playing mid, tho they're really expensive. it's like 7k or something to get the 9 marks.

with the nerfs to dorans shield i'll probably start using more doublepen again since more people are starting different now

yeah i can see how not running MR might work out ok since so much of laning with heimer is just keeping your opponent from harassing you unless they want to eat turret

I can see hybrid pen being super great on akali but aren't they nerfing annie's AA range super duper hard?

idk i'll save up IP and try it out.

i have to be up for class in 4 hours and i cant stop thinkin about heimer (._. )

Boken

Banned

it doesnt even out lol

you get 0.1ap per rune per level
at level 3 thats 2.7 ap, thats an extra 5 or so damage in your trade

their MR runes will cut your damage by a bonus 10% probably

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i can see how not running MR might work out ok since so much of laning with heimer is just keeping your opponent from harassing you unless they want to eat turret

I can see hybrid pen being super great on akali but aren't they nerfing annie's AA range super duper hard?

idk i'll save up IP and try it out.

i have to be up for class in 4 hours and i cant stop thinkin about heimer (._. )
i think they rolled back the range nerfs on pbe

it doesnt even out lol

you get 0.1ap per rune per level
at level 3 thats 2.7 ap, thats an extra 5 or so damage in your trade

their MR runes will cut your damage by a bonus 10% probably
well i said 'kinda' :p

you definitely don't run ap/lvl if you want to fight right away as clearly they're runes that get better as the game goes on but, you know, it's a bit more damage. i like it cos it helps clear waves better, mostly.

but i do run mr most of the times as i don't like playing weak early game. i just meant it as it doesn't mean you get shit on in lane if you don't have mr blues

Ferga

I've seen a lot of overconfident people run ap/level blues and have scores like 0/4 before 10minutes.

It really isn't worth it unless you 100% know what you're doing.

Why would I even try to watch OGN via Twitch? Of course they're going to tactlessly start spamming ad-rolls during the KeSPA President's attempt to address the situation with Promise. Why would I even expect anything else?

Edit: So apparently the winners of Masters will actually be getting a wild card spot for World's. Just one, so presumably they'll have to do a Fratricide play-off if neither of the team gets a slot through Champions.

Edwardo

Why would I even try to watch OGN via Twitch? Of course they're going to tactlessly start spamming ad-rolls during the KeSPA President's attempt to address the situation with Promise. Why would I even expect anything else?

Edit: So apparently the winners of Masters will actually be getting a wild card spot for World's. Just one, so presumably they'll have to do a Fratricide play-off if neither of the team gets a slot through Champions.

Are they really? Damn.

Boken

Banned

did anybody catch this? what did the president say

did anybody catch this? what did the president say

I missed a lot of it due to Twitch ads (should have stayed on Pandora, even if it was lagging...), but in a nutshell:

1. They're obviously very ashamed and upset about everything that happened, and especially the fact that Promise felt like he was unable to get help because he would get in trouble. They're going to be working on protecting players from predatory practices and mistreatment.

2. They (KeSPA/Korean Government) are going to be cracking down on esports betting and game-fixing in a big way. (No specific details.)

3. The winners of Masters would get one of the three spots for Worlds. They weren't actually specific about it (at least that I could tell), so it's not clear if they're completely overhauling the way the teams for Worlds are decided, or keeping the 1st/2nd circuit points set-up and just giving the former 3rd place play-off slot to Masters winners.

They also weren't clear how it would all shake out, given that it's one slot for two teams; presumably if one of the two teams gets in through circuit points the other gets the Masters slot, and if neither of them get a "normal" slot they face-off for it. That is, if they're even keeping the same arrangement. I'm really just speculating wildly!

Oh yeah, definitely. I'm really wondering if this isn't a deal where they're going to have 1st place circuit points, play-offs, and the Masters spot, which would be completely nuts and probably result in some serious rage cases on social media. (Worth.)

WOW. That CJ IM game. Beautiful.

I seem to recall making a post in the last thread where I said IM#2 was throwing so hard they resembled Vulcan. I feel vindicated.

This is why you don't dive the adc lategame

They ignore lulu who did massive dmg to their whole team

You can dive the ADC, you just have to do a non-shit job of it.

Non-shit includes: not walking straight up and just trying to brute force your way through the entire enemy team in open ground as Kha'Zix. I mean, I'll give Riot one thing, they list the champion as an "assassin" for a reason: that's not how you Kha6.

Tizoc

Looking at Draven's hair...
he needs a Super Saiyan skin.

Dropping Shyvana and gonna focus susaN and Gangplank.
Need to mess with Trundle more tho =P

Looking at Draven's hair...
he needs a Super Saiyan skin.

Dropping Shyvana and gonna focus susaN and Gangplank.
Need to mess with Trundle more tho =P

Learn Jax. He's fun.

Are you level 20 with a full rune page yet? If so learn to jungle with someone like Pantheon.

Lee Sin's free right now if you want to try lower-level jungling. He's a little more forgiving than most in terms of rune/mastery requirements, you should be able to clear okay with him at a lower level than most junglers.

Tizoc

Learn Jax. He's fun.

Are you level 20 with a full rune page yet? If so learn to jungle with someone like Pantheon.

Yeah I actually unlocked Jax after seeing him in too many games XD.
I'm sure my brother is gonna jump on that guy his stick poke getting uber speed to the point it's 3 hits per second is freakin' hilarious.

Lee Sin's free right now if you want to try lower-level jungling. He's a little more forgiving than most in terms of rune/mastery requirements, you should be able to clear okay with him at a lower level than most junglers.

Do this, film it, and show gaf.

I'm confused with CJ Blaze's draft. You know their mid pick so you can counterpick in your second set of picks, instead you blind pick alistar who is not exactly a priority pick without any knowledge of the other teams bot lane. Just makes no sense.

EDIT: I liked learning Jax since he's a relatively simple champion but has potential for outplay with his q+e. Try kite out/dodge their skillshots, then go all in with your e when they can't fight back, or bait them into diving you with your e+ult.

Tizoc

Lee Sin looks too complex for my brain, like I GET what I gotta do, but I'd fail terribly at applying it XD.
Will try him for shits and giggles, maybe against Intermediate AI?
I've made a build for him I think which is mainly Attack dmg+defense+mag res and at least 1 lifesteal, cuz I'm sure I've seen a few Sin's who used Lifesteal with him.
IKUO MUTHAFUCKA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom