• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
i get that renekton is okay cos he sucks late game, but at thsi rate i think riot should give him a little slap on the wrist

like, -5% arpen or something n -1% heal on minions

Lee Sin looks too complex for my brain, like I GET what I gotta do, but I'd fail terribly at applying it XD.
Will try him for shits and giggles, maybe against Intermediate AI?
I've made a build for him I think which is mainly Attack dmg+defense+mag res and at least 1 lifesteal, cuz I'm sure I've seen a few Sin's who used Lifesteal with him.
IKUO MUTHAFUCKA!

Things to know for jungling Lee:

You can Safeguard yourself while fighting jungle camps to generate the shield, attack speed buff, and the Iron Will activation. Particularly early on, you want to space your ability usage to maintain uptime on your passive attack speed buff. So, for example, you can Safeguard -> Auto -> Iron Will -> Auto -> Sonic Wave -> Auto -> Resonating Strike. (You actually get two sped-up autos per ability but beyond Lv2 you probably won't actually spend enough time fighting camps to use all autos, you just want the one for Energy refund.)

If you're low on health while clearing Safeguard -> Iron Will -> Smite -> QQ in rapid succession is your best friend. The Iron Will gives you extra lifesteal/spell vamp, the smite gets the target low, and Resonating Strike capitalizes for good refund of life. You miss out on the Energy refunds of weaving autos this way, but it gives you a quick burst of life and should be all you need for Wight.

Once you get rolling don't forget you can use Sonic Wave long-range to "tag" the big mob in a camp to get there quicker with Resonating Strike, especially over a wall. You have to move around the map pretty fast as Lee Sin to capitalize on your early game advantage as much as possible.

zkylon

zkylewd
i get that renekton is okay cos he sucks late game, but at thsi rate i think riot should give him a little slap on the wrist

like, -5% arpen or something n -1% heal on minions

they were trying some things like that on pbe but outcry was too much i guess?

like everyone's up in arms about skarner right now but rito will eventually get it right

i still remember people whining over olaf rework

Lee Sin looks too complex for my brain, like I GET what I gotta do, but I'd fail terribly at applying it XD.

I've probably played 1000 games now. And I still suck at Lee Sin when I'm not playing with my bronze friends. I wouldn't bother with him until muuuuuch later.

Try not to worry about coming up with the build for a champion either. Most champions have several viable builds depending on the game. I learned LoL watching some of Voyboy's vods and the way he breaks down his decision to buy an item was great for me as I learned the game.

Good to see Promise will be ok - well physically. Hope he makes a full recovery.

People up in arms for Skarner don't understand the point of a rework. He got buffed this patch and is getting more buffs on the next one.

And I wouldn't say Renek sucks lategame. His damage falls off if he doesn't get something like a Hydra, but does that even matter? It's the same as Lee Sin, boo hoo I can't assassinate you, I still won't die and will initiate super hard.

Xypherious champs never die.

Boken

Banned
ok im not saying he sucks sucks

just that hes relatively weaker compared to ppls like shyvanna, mundo, jax,irelia etc

there is a point where even "balanced" champions need minor nerfs so that the proscene stops having a hardon for him

several yrs of renek top is it

A nerf to his sustain probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Make him less of an early-game lane bully without doing that much damage to his already middling late game. Plus it's the sort of sacrifice Morello loves; non-interactive laning, sustain is toxic, yadda-yadda.

zkylon

zkylewd
top lane as a whole is pretty problematic right now

like all the fun top laners are turning into junglers or something

I just wish most AP tops were still playable. Most problematic tops wouldn't be as overbearing if someone like Vlad or Elise could slap their shit. Spectral cowl just erased them.

Ryze is back but he's getting banned so.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think that's kind of why renek's still allowed to run rampant, he kinda beats all of these megatanks in lane.

i dunno, i don't really understand why only these champions are played :/

Spirit Visage - and now Banshee's - plus the last Tear nerfs and the new Doran's Shield pidgeonholed top lane into what it is now.

Basically Rito added items to counter long range harass in top lane... and ended up removing most of it from the game. Now you have these bruisers that would otherwise be held in check by ranged picks on a rampage and the only ranged people that can survive top lane are the ones that are so overbearing against melee that they needed said items in the first place.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I just wish most AP tops were still playable. Most problematic tops wouldn't be as overbearing if someone like Vlad or Elise could slap their shit. Spectral cowl just erased them.

Ryze is back but he's getting banned so.
no thx. most ap tops are cancer incarnate.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
honestly you can still pick elise or vlad all you want. they're not as weak as you make them out to be.

Why cant they have two A teams

They used to have two A-teams, back in the Azubu days. I think they could be legit again if they get their head on right, though right now both teams just like to throw too much. I blame the coaching. (Though, if they had two "A" teams it would just make SKT the "SSS" team.)

Edit: Aaaaand we're back to Jinx vs. Incredible Miracle.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yo stone, when did you get all that lp?

dont worry though, my internet issues are over and the xerath freelo train will soon begin again.

garath

This has been a rough week. Haven't had time to play at all. I snuck in one random last night but that's it.

Diablo3 has been consuming what little free game time I've had.

I need to get back on the Pantheon train and get to Gold I or something before he gets nerfed.

How long has Monte been around the Korean players?

Like three or four days a week for a few years now. He's not really very into Korea, though - he hasn't really picked up much of the language or culture, he doesn't really do the Korean nightlife scene or anything like that - he's just super into LoL.

I don't even blame him for normally staying uncharacteristically quiet during the Masters Game 3 team reveals for fear of not wanting to get someone's name wrong, but it's probably better not to say things like, "That's Bbuing. I can tell which one is Bbuing because he looks like Link!"

(I mean he does look a lot like Link, but that's still sort of a Rivington Moment.)

Because the NA servers have just been tip-top shape lately.

Boken: got clarification on the Masters 'prize' deal, some people are saying the winning organization just gets automatic qualification into the play-offs for the third place (ie, non-circuit point) spot for World's, which is marginally interesting I suppose but still pretty worthless for most of the teams who haven't had huge mid-year roster swaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom