• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Lf7IK4y.jpg

what

thats because kitsune is a broad term
and ahri is based off kumiho: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumiho

Hey you can't just go around calling girls kumiho because they bang a dude or ten to death.

But yeah, she's a synthesis. There's elements of other things in there, and that's part of what makes it work. It's like how no one does straight up Romanian vampires, even Bram Stoker's Dracula was this mash-up of like a dozen different mythologies with a little bit of his own stuff thrown in. That's how we end up with Hellsing Ultimate on one end of the spectrum, and Twilight on the other; they're both vampires, it's just people looked at wildly different parts of the vampire mythos and said, "This is the part I like, I want to focus on this."

It's the same way with converting myths into modern character designs. You just find the part that really speaks to you about the myth, and you build off that. Maybe that's the invincible god-monsters blighted by God, and maybe it's the woe-is-me immortal fops macking on teenage girls. I mean obviously the first one is better and if you like Twilight you're an awful person, but! They're both still examples of how you can take a core mythology and tune it different ways to make it "cool" for a modern audience.

No reason you couldn't do that for some sick-ass Brazilian stuff if you really wanted.

so frustrated right now. game 2 of promos and I'm ez adc, had three kills go to my support nami because I was about ten HP short of finishing all of them, and then had ANOTHER kill turn into an assist because I missed an easy Q. so instead of being 4-0 to start the game i'm 0-0-4.

They also had a ryze that ran rampant and an AP alistar that was unkillable and I started getting lag spikes at about midgame and god everything just went wrong that game

brian!

welkoz

sry the only Brazilian thing I can think of for league is it's long history of using slavery for sugar and bullion
and capoiera
and blanka and city of god but that's it

Snowman

welkoz

sry the only Brazilian thing I can think of for league is it's long history of using slavery for sugar and bullion
and capoiera

remember when they did the tsm gamecribs thing and you did a summary and it was fucking hilarious, man, i miss those days, simpler times

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Because I felt like playing Nami one game now when we spoke of her. :)

It was a tough match, with Ryze barely contributing at all, and Jax only doing some split pushing. Luckily Yi and us in bot lane were able to carry.

What runes are you running?

I'm experimenting with hybrid marks, health yellows, flat mr blues, and armor quints.

welkoz

and capoiera

You're forgetting people lived in South America before the Spaniards.

Like Blanka!

brian!

remember when they did the tsm gamecribs thing and you did a summary and it was fucking hilarious, man, i miss those days, simpler times

gamecribs had a lot more going on than the show that's on right now
for one thing, it was called gamecribs

You're forgetting people lived in South America before the Spaniards.

Like Blanka!

was it brazil then tho

in the street fighter 2 world map japan is located in the middle

zkylon

zkylewd
decided to duo ranked with a friend after a while and we got in our team a jungle kayle (that said couldn't adc). ok, no problem, i know crumbzz plays her, how bad can she be

well we got trolled hard. guy would show up in lanes, force fights, then back off and let people die and say he didn't ult them "cos they were gonna die anyways". his final build was mejais, sword of the occult, ancient golem, zerk greaves, seraph and gunblade

he barely did more damage than our janna

we actually got to kill 3 of them, and it was 4v2, no enemy nexus turrets, no inhibs, just push and win and the guy said "he wanted to keep playing", so he didn't join the push

we end up losing trying to push 3v2 since they homeguard revived and killed us 3v4.

man what the fuck is wrong with some people

seriously why

ed: been a long time since i've found like an actual troll trying to ruin the game for people rather than raging or blaming or whatever. it's depressing to think this guy made it to plat.

was it brazil then tho

in the street fighter 2 world map japan is located in the middle

Well, SF2 was from like the G-Gundam era of Japan. They still thought all Egyptians were mummies and that Egypt was a nebulous place somewhere kind of off-center in the middle of Africa. So, it's possible they really thought people in Brazil learned powers from the animals and also maybe were actually from Bolivia or Argentina.

Still not as bad as SNK's South American stage backdrops, though. Yeesh.

Leezard

What runes are you running?

I'm experimenting with hybrid marks, health yellows, flat mr blues, and armor quints.

This game I used armor marks, health yellows, 4 mana reg blues, 5 mres blues, ap quints. Also, 9/0/21 for 10% cdr. This means I have 27 AP at lvl 1 with spellthief.

Boken

Banned
So the general consensus among pros right now is that feral flare is pretty darn good

wonder what junglers we'll see at playoffs? nocturne is definitely a lock.

will we see udyr? shyvana?

Tizoc

Played with a few Kayle players that really managed to kick ass with her and lead us to victory, might try her out later, but her Ulti seems a little tricky to use.
When would you know who on and when to use it?

zkylon

zkylewd
Played with a few Kayle players that really managed to kick ass with her and lead us to victory, might try her out later, but her Ulti seems a little tricky to use.
use it on your carries to allow them to go balls deep without taking damage, like a vayne or something

like you want to time it so you deny as much damage as possible so if you see the initiation about to come up just ult your most fed carry as they're about to get hit and let them do their jobs

one of the big mistakes people usually do with kayle is use it to save the 1/10th life shen or something. a 1/10th life shen is not gonna do much, so don't waste it on him. don't wait until enemies have already blown their cooldowns, you gotta like think one step ahead or something

specially against champions that are pretty telergaphed like orianna or like zed.

it's on a pretty short cooldown too so better to use it early than late

zer0das

Banned

The moment before the enemy team blows everything on one your carries. Kayles that hold onto their ult until someone is almost dead when they could have used it sooner are the worst.

Sometimes you have to make value judgements about who is most important though. Is it more important that your ADC survives? Or did your Ziggs get caught out and need an extra few seconds to throw down his damage, which will swing the teamfight?

If things are going well, sometimes it can be better to try to hold onto your ult for yourself. Kayle is pretty squishy and teams will generally try to kill her first, because she tends to shred bruisers in fights if she stays alive.

The more you play her, the easier making these sorts of decisions become.

Tizoc

Thanks for the info guys.

Won a game with Voli. I was bot with a Miss Fortune, got first blood off the opposing team's Graves, dude has no armor what so fucking ever lol.

Started with the Face of the Mountain item thingy, then sold it off for a Kindlegem.
My first item was BoRK, because I just felt like trolling a bit =P
Slowly built my armors but eventually I managed to get a good number of assists and kills. In the end the opposion Surrendered =V

zkylon

zkylewd
i love how ogn video editors have it in for ambition and love to play montages of his deaths during the show's credits

it's funny lol poor ambition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom