• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I bet Crumbzz will play Yi.

you heard it here first

yea i'm betting we'll see a yi too

Tentative Warwick passive is...

Damage: 2% target max health static. Stronger than live max stacks >2400HP.
Heal: Up to 11 + 2.9% bonus health?

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/04/red-post-collection-lets-talk-grievous.html?m=1
disappointment syndra is back on pbe, no noticeable changes on that pic :/

ib0iTHnl4e4VNz.gif

it's just... just....

falastini

Galio is broken in URF. I just played against one. He built straight AP and was tanking multiple people no problem. It was hilarious except that he was on the other team.

Also, an in-game survey popped up asking me about the Gragas changes. I never had that happen before.

Yoloqueued normals. Game was pretty even, with 3 mirrors (Noct, Vayne, Leona).

Enemy groups up around our red. Cass says "gais let's push while we have Baron". OK, we were still around somewhere mid but their inhib tower onwards were up. We kinda splitpushed top and mid.

Enemy suddenly all groups up bot and pushes hard.

Base race.

ph9k7os.gif

We had doge with TP.

Yami

Well this is interesting. A new interview with Riot's Jeffery Lin (lead designer of social systems) takes a look at how Riot is using cognitive neuroscience to help boost player behavior with its Honour system, and it can all come down to a simple GG at the end.

Well this is interesting. A new interview with Riot's Jeffery Lin (lead designer of social systems) takes a look at how Riot is using cognitive neuroscience to help boost player behavior with its Honour system, and it can all come down to a simple GG at the end.

What sort of GG though (not read it yet). GG team or GG team you're a bunch of faggots or GG enemy team, you were wood-tier.

GG itself is poison.

Lin's answer is to find ways to vary matches and experiences. "In a competitive PvP game one of the things you could do through game design is introduce other ways of mastery or progression. Don't make winning the number one and only goal for players. If you do that you reduce the overbearing weight of winning but also keep it a competitive and still fun game."

Pick one. The game itself is a league that runs on wins and losses. Not winning is terrible as part and parcel of the league. Of course there are times when I've bee outplayed and learnt from experience, but the one and only goal was still winning.

Jeff-DSA

What sort of GG though (not read it yet). GG team or GG team you're a bunch of faggots or GG enemy team, you were wood-tier.

GG itself is poison.

Pick one. The game itself is a league that runs on wins and losses. Not winning is terrible as part and parcel of the league. Of course there are times when I've bee outplayed and learnt from experience, but the one and only goal was still winning.

If you're an honor whore, all you have to do is address the person you laned against. If you steamrolled them, just say, "GG, man. Good [insert character name] play. Looks like you just got behind and couldn't recover or didn't get the help you needed." Insta honor.

Anyway, last night I played as support Morgana (love), and the other team had a support Nidalee. I'm getting mighty tired of seeing Nidalee down there. One landed spear and your ADC has to back or hang deep. After one too many times going against her lately, I decided that I was just going to make it miserable for her. It worked. I was in her face nonstop and ended the game with 5 kills (no deaths), which is a lot for me when I support.

Going in angry into a game feels a lot better than coming out angry.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
This game I used armor marks, health yellows, 4 mana reg blues, 5 mres blues, ap quints. Also, 9/0/21 for 10% cdr. This means I have 27 AP at lvl 1 with spellthief.

How are stacking the spell thiefs? I'm finding that AA trading is very risky to pull lately and W harass leaves you oom pretty fast.

Leezard

How are stacking the spell thiefs? I'm finding that AA trading is very risky to pull lately and W harass leaves you oom pretty fast.

Mostly W, sometimes Q. That's why I have some mana reg runes. I also start with spellthief, 3 hp pots, 1 mana pots. Sometimes you can make an E harass, but W is the most safe. Q if you have a good opportunity or hit an E first.

Often you can let your adc go and trade with the enemy adc, throwing your heal and E on your own adc to completely skew the trade, using the bubble if they attempt to prolong the trade. You need to be premade for this though, the timing is crucial.

garath

God Damn. All 11k of my IP gone with just CDR glyphs and flat health seals. It's been ages since I mass bought runes.. I absolutely hate the price. I almost never buy champions with IP and still after 1500+ games I don't have all of them.

Looks like the rune sale lasts through the end of april. I may bite the bullet and get a 10 win IP boost or something.

I still have yet to get:

Attack speed quints (I seriously don't know why I don't have these yet.. weird)
scaling HP seals (was able to get 2 of the 9)

I honestly don't know if I'll be able to save up that much lol.

garath

They need to change the wriggles line to use conservation. I don't understand why they punish ganking wriggles junglers still.

garath

Normally I'd agree with you but Wriggle junglers aren't exactly lacking gold right now.

How? I've only played with wriggles a few times and every time I check the item it's telling me I've gotten bonus gold in the realm of 100s. Conservation is much better.

Getting all the gold from kills? Snowballing is not a reliable method of gold generation to rival the other jungle items.

edit: They'll nerf Feral Flare to tone down the damage output late game and then it'll be back to the red headed step child of jungle items due to the poor gold generation.

drawkcaB

If I had to wager a guess I think they'll increase the cost of Wriggle's and improve its gold generation %. On another note, Gragas and Rengar buffs. Looking forward to trying out the jungle with both once I finally find the time...damn new job.

Blizzard

Banned
just in case we needed to sneak in another tactical pause to fix it.
Inhouses last night were like a college football game, commercial breaks every 10 minutes.

Can someone teach me how to play Nocturne if he's awesome with feral flare now? Unless the immediate feral flare nerf makes him bad again.

The immediate reaction I got from trying Nocturne is that:
  • For one thing, his ultimate is suuuuper tiny now. This is an old change, but it is kind of funny since you practically have to be in tribush to get into lane if I remember correctly.
  • For another thing, the cooldown is still huge on it, so if you miss your gank from tribush, you have to wait 2-3 MINUTES to try it again.
  • For another thing, with the change to the fear mechanic, anyone you hit runs AWAY from you. Presumably running behind the laner turns this to your advantage so this is probably not a big deal.
  • For another thing, I never realized he was SO SLOW. Someone like Shyvana is running around with 500+ move speed, and even with level 2 boots, Nocturne gets to what, 390 move speed? Do people build different boots/runes or use Q a lot (which would burn mana)? Or is the intent that you have to close the gap with ult, and Q lasts long enough to let you chase the person you catch before the speed boost wears off?

Jeff-DSA

I still haven't tried that Fiora jungle. Might give that a go tonight outside of ranked.

I just want more jungle options overall, and I loved Fiora before she became useless.

Jeff-DSA

She's not useless...

Ok, not entirely useless, but she's VERY hard to be successful with in the top lane unless your jungler helps you get a little ahead. I've had some insane games with here where I've just snowballed and dominated throughout, but if you get behind on her or if they just have some solid CC and know how to use it, she's tough to do much with.

Leezard

Ok, not entirely useless, but she's VERY hard to be successful with in the top lane unless your jungler helps you get a little ahead. I've had some insane games with here where I've just snowballed and dominated throughout, but if you get behind on her or if they just have some solid CC and know how to use it, she's tough to do much with.

Try using Teleport and ganking bot lane at opportune moments. It's probably the best way to snowball.

Newt

Try using Teleport and ganking bot lane at opportune moments. It's probably the best way to snowball.
I don't think you should ever take TP on Fiora.

Hmmm, that's a nice idea. Might have to give that a go.
What are you leveling in lane? I find that she only has problems with specific champions like Jax. She can just freefarm against someone like Shyvanna. Remember that most of the time you're going to be maxing W. You can also really put people behind when you're level 2. The only CC that you should have any problems with is a silence.

Moodmon

Neo Member
After falling asleep at my PC desk, finally got round to having a play with the serious shooty bang bang man. Lucian is a little interesting, though not as interesting as my supports. Had Nid, Shaco and Leblanc one after another.

The Nid was rubbish. Laning against a Fiddle, whenever he tried to drain me she...did nothing. Despite being immobile. She also built tear.

The Shaco and LB were amazing. Former just hit in brush with boxes and popped out when needed, latter just harrased enemy out of lane for days. Great stuff. Having not liked him the past time I tried I have come round more to Lucian. Love the poke, and his double AA is very satisfying. Still working on the Q range, and his R can be a bit fiddly. Then again, I rarely see a pro player hit a really good culling.

I do mostly watch NA though
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH (yes I am kidding)

I will also second Xin being a monster with Wiggles. Just destroys people. Also saw a really powerful Trynd with it as well, so hopefully see a few different jungle picks now.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't think you should ever take TP on Fiora.

What are you leveling in lane? I find that she only has problems with specific champions like Jax. She can just freefarm against someone like Shyvanna. Remember that most of the time you're going to be maxing W. You can also really put people behind when you're level 2. The only CC that you should have any problems with is a silence.
I feel like Fiora is one of those champions who, once the team starts losing, is #1 on the chopping block for getting dogpiled by the blame train.

GG FIORA (or master yi or tryndamere) NO CC NO TANK

Been going back to Nautilus jungle since Vi is banned so often.

I've actually been kicking ass with him. Running 9/21/0 instead of 0/21/9 with AP quints instead of MS. The lower speed is not actually a big deal as long as you catch them with an AA or Q, then you can then follow up with E to keep them in hitting distance. People also underestimate his damage when his (slightly buffed) shield is up, and go to chase carries or run away while I DPS them to death.

Don't take her top, take her mid and pretend you're AD Katarina.

garath

MF back in action. I liked her changes. Her ult felt.. slower to me though. Like firing bullets slower. It took me by surprise when I first fired it.

I carried the crap out of this game. So hard. Final teamfight I got a quadra and Mundo ran away, I ran straight to their nexus and got the last tower and nexus just as the Leona tried to ult me. New MF ult does a sick amount of damage late game. I melted the LeBlanc, Leona and Riven in a 3 man ult for the last teamfight.

zhxS64y.png

Snowman

MF back in action. I liked her changes. Her ult felt.. slower to me though. Like firing bullets slower. It took me by surprise when I first fired it.

I carried the crap out of this game. So hard. Final teamfight I got a quadra and Mundo ran away, I ran straight to their nexus and got the last tower and nexus just as the Leona tried to ult me. New MF ult does a sick amount of damage late game. I melted the LeBlanc, Leona and Riven in a 3 man ult for the last teamfight.

zhxS64y.png

You would've done the same amount of damage with the old ult probably just sayin (actually old ult would probably do even more, unless you already had stacks of your w on them)

Newt

wat. that doesnt actually make sense. its not like shes buying mpen to buff her magic dmg
It's just harder to itemize against two sources of damage.

I tried buying sorc shoes on her. Not sure if they made a difference, lol.

Boken

Banned
It's just harder to itemize against two sources of damage.

I tried buying sorc shoes on her. Not sure if they made a difference, lol.
its 'harder' but its also harder for u too because u only get LW for penetration
Really? I thought that Shiv was kinda situational after it got nerfed.
shiv v PD is generally a case of "buy whatever you can afford" - unless u rly need wave clear

garath

Went shiv for wave clear mostly. Bot lane was Leona and Mundo and the hard engage would kill me. If I could poke them down I was able to zone them and keep them out.

I could have gone either way. Another factor was when I bought it I could afford the shiv but not the PD. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom