• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Really? I thought that Shiv was kinda situational after it got nerfed.
eventually people started thinking the other way

shiv simply gives you mixed damage burst, easy waveclear, similar stats and is cheaper

if you're rushing ie you might want to go with pd tho

its 'harder' but its also harder for u too because u only get LW for penetration

shiv v PD is generally a case of "buy whatever you can afford" - unless u rly need wave clear
6% mpen from masteries maybe were a secret buff to shiv?

eventually people started thinking the other way

shiv simply gives you mixed damage burst, easy waveclear, similar stats and is cheaper

if you're rushing ie you might want to go with pd tho
I find that weird because I've rarely seen people buying Shiv in pro games lately.

Figured it wasn't worth the trouble after they messed with how the passive crits

zkylon

zkylewd
I find that weird because I've rarely seen people buying Shiv in pro games lately.

Figured it wasn't worth the trouble after they messed with how the passive crits
ah haven't been paying attention to competitive builds tbh, so maybe you're right

i usually just buy zeal after bt, buy an early lw and then complete whichever i can afford at the moment

Yeah, nowadays I only build Shiv when I'm behind and need the Avarice GP5 and the cheaper item or I desperately need the extra MS% for one reason or another.

Boken

Banned
Baron has a new "Epic" hp bar in the PBE files. VU IS COMING CLOSER N CLOSER.

PIe9poI.png

just won my series back into silver ii. had a 4 man leona ulti in the last teamfight. I feel like my teamfight vision is really improving. A month ago I wouldnt have e'd out of the fray to lock down a yasuo that was diving our backline because I would have been tunneling too hard.

Most people haven't been playing Shiv-using carries in competitive, anyway. Caitlyn's the only common competitive pick that used Shiv heavily. Maybe if people play more Kog'Maw and Vayne it'd be worth looking to see if they build it, but Lucian was never the sort of dude who was super gung-ho about Shiv to begin with, and the wave clear is completely overkill on Sivir.

Edwardo

just won my series back into silver ii. had a 4 man leona ulti in the last teamfight. I feel like my teamfight vision is really improving. A month ago I wouldnt have e'd out of the fray to lock down a yasuo that was diving our backline because I would have been tunneling too hard.

Nice. congrats

Mothman91

What you guys think of me going RoA/Archangle staff/Deathcap then I should've gone Zhonyas first but I double dipped into a haunting guise before that.

Anivia btw.

Also, vsing a Nidalee going into mid game is so fucking bad...even though some people might not have good mechanics with her, you can barely push her out of lane. You gotta burst her down very hard to even make her think about going back.

zkylon

zkylewd
What you guys think of me going RoA/Archangle staff/Deathcap then I should've gone Zhonyas first but I double dipped into a haunting guise before that.
this confused me :/

I pick either RoA or Seraph but not both. Delays damage too much.
yea midlaners have it hard nowadays if they want to get greedy and go for the double lategame scaling items

if you can get away with it it's pretty beast but i usually just do like roa+athene's or something. don't really play much anivia lately tho

zkylon

zkylewd
Because I didn't say who I was playing?

no, sentence in general is confusing

like you're saying you're gonna buy roa then arch staff then deathcap then zhonyas

or is it roa or arch staff or deathcap and then zhonyas?

what do you mean double dipped into haunting guise?

i'm all ???

Boken

Banned
guys what are some examples of hard counters to a certain champ

we dont do "hard" counters in here
we do have some tough matchups tho like errr, vlad vs fiddlestix. every lane is really jungler + laner vs jungler + laner tho. junglers 2 big 2 global

Who wants to go on a date with Eunnarae? CLICK:

Ferga

nocturne; farm and don't gank without ult unless you know you can get kills/assists

From all my games as nocturne through out the seasons, I have learnt one thing that is essential to his playstyle.

Nocturne snowballs with how well the team is doing by themselves.

If your team is performing well, you will be a power house in team fights. You can 1v2 their bot lane by ulting in and if the enemy team uses all their cc on you to kill you, your team will dominate that fight

If your team is performing badly, you can't do anything but ward and pick off people running around solo

This applies to laning phase as well. If your team is doing well and they can make your ganks work by getting kills, you are rewarded tremendously. If you ult into a lane and you get nothing from it, you lost a bunch of time, gold and experience (and now, stacks on the feral flare). You also put your ultimate on a 3 minute cooldown.

There is nothing more useless than an underfarmed nocturne. You are useless. Absolutely useless. I can't emphasise that enough.

Absolutely useless.

zkylon

zkylewd
we dont do "hard" counters in here
we do have some tough matchups tho like errr, vlad vs fiddlestix. every lane is really jungler + laner vs jungler + laner tho. junglers 2 big 2 global

Who wants to go on a date with Eunnarae? CLICK:

wtf

how much rp for this

Ferga

I reckon mf could work with triforce+BT+lw build. 3s cooldown on Q is pretty good for sheen procs

Maybe triforce after BT if you're snowballing or after LW if you're not.

I've always hated building a full attack speed/crit item on mf back in season 2.

Blizzard

Banned
nocturne; farm and don't gank without ult unless you know you can get kills/assists

From all my games as nocturne through out the seasons, I have learnt one thing that is essential to his playstyle.

Nocturne snowballs with how well the team is doing by themselves.

If your team is performing well, you will be a power house in team fights. You can 1v2 their bot lane by ulting in and if the enemy team uses all their cc on you to kill you, your team will dominate that fight

If your team is performing badly, you can't do anything but ward and pick off people running around solo

This applies to laning phase as well. If your team is doing well and they can make your ganks work by getting kills, you are rewarded tremendously. If you ult into a lane and you get nothing from it, you lost a bunch of time, gold and experience (and now, stacks on the feral flare). You also put your ultimate on a 3 minute cooldown.

There is nothing more useless than an underfarmed nocturne. You are useless. Absolutely useless. I can't emphasise that enough.

Absolutely useless.
It sounds like counterjungling Nocturne is a sound strategy if Nocturne's team can't defend him, then.

Ferga

Yup

If noc blocks a skill with his W and hits a Q, you're basically dead or you're going to burn flash.

Noc,has always been one of the junglers who can stay in the jungle, farm and stay the same level as laners in all the seasons (along with trynd and yi).

If you can find a camp in a nocturne's jungle and he doesn't contest it, consider yourself lucky.

Newt

I reckon mf could work with triforce+BT+lw build. 3s cooldown on Q is pretty good for sheen procs

Maybe triforce after BT if you're snowballing or after LW if you're not.

I've always hated building a full attack speed/crit item on mf back in season 2.
I feel like it's usually more beneficial to go directly from BT to LW, maybe throw a zeal in between. Like maybe if their team is really squishy trinity would be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom