• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q8D3vil

So i need to buy armor quint now :/
Dat rumble skin looks amazing, did he get any nerf since the beg of this season? used to play him a lot.

zkylon

zkylewd
So i need to buy armor quint now :/
Dat rumble skin looks amazing, did he get any nerf since the beg of this season? used to play him a lot.

you don't have to buy armor quints, it's just a little better

runes are on sale at 30% off so you might want to stock up on them tho

and rumble's getting buffed next patch

Ferga

Sweet. Got matched with this diamond 5 guy I played with a couple of weeks back. He pretty much did the same thing in this game.

4 of us are ahead. We take a dragon. He goes olaf top and rushes a blood thirster even though he went 0/5 in lane. He sits at tower farming terribly while his nasus runs around ganking everything with his teleport. And I mean his farm is terrible. He had free farm for over 15minutes with noone in his lane and he only managed to get 70cs in that time

He literally sat top all game at his tower while the enemy team split pushed bot and mid. We couldn't do a god damn thing.

When the 20minute mark came, he spammed surrender votes and ran around in our base for 15 minutes until the enemies took everything.

I would love it if I wouldn't get matched with people I have on my ignore list. There's a reason why I mute people.

I looked at his match history and he feeds in every game he is in. So lame.

garath

I've been noticing some challenger junglers even go with scaling hp seals instead of armor. Mostly on champs with great sustain already.

Speaking of runes and summoners. I tried heal in my MF game instead of barrier and loved it. Holy crap. I baited a tower dive for an easy kill once (ok, barrier could do that too), but I secured a kill under their tower with the heal + movespeed. The heal kept taric alive and the movespeed got us out of tower range. I also used it as a mini shurelia's after taking an inhib to get my team out of there. We literally made it out with just that boost of speed with a hugely fed Fiora bearing down on us.

Either barrier needs a secondary utility ability or I can see heal being a staple.

Attackspeed runes seemed good too. I had to use my old mark attack speed, quint AD page since I don't have AS quints yet but it was good. I didn't miss the lifesteal as much (I usually rush BT first item anyways) and the AS scaled the entire game.

Ferga

And another diamond 5 feeding intentionally. Wow, this game really must hate me.

Game please give me plat players until plat 1. I'm only plat 2, mercy please.

jesus this guy has 12+ deaths in almost every game he's played

Leezard

And another diamond 5 feeding intentionally. Wow, this game really must hate me.

Game please give me plat players until plat 1. I'm only plat 2, mercy please.

jesus this guy has 12+ deaths in almost every game he's played
There are indeed a lot of terrible people that get carried or boosted to diamond 5.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
im enjoying MF so much.

the whole 'each auto/ult tick does more damage than the last' aspect seems to catch people off guard.

garath

im enjoying MF so much.

the whole 'each auto/ult tick does more damage than the last' aspect seems to catch people off guard.

I need to put more games on her but I really liked what I've seen so far. Q being up so often is borderlined abusive though.

Q8D3vil

you don't have to buy armor quints, it's just a little better

runes are on sale at 30% off so you might want to stock up on them tho

and rumble's getting buffed next patch

blew all my RP on the hp seals, cant even buy velkoz which is the only character i dont own right now.

Edwardo

So I played Trundle top last night. Had a great time against Renekton. I was just outfarming him and any damage he did really didn't matter because of all the health I was getting back. The problem was that all of our other lanes were pretty weak, so when teamfights broke out I would peel as much as I could but I really couldnt do much since I was the only tanky champ on our team. In situations where you're the only tanky champ on your team and everyone else is way behind, would it be better to build items as if I was a carry? I tried to peel and stick to them as much as I could, but it would always result in me being the last person alive just whacking people with my club and not being able to finish them off.

guys what are some examples of hard counters to a certain champ

Meepo can't beat warlock

QT is running it with Graves right now. It's saved him once so far (though he thinks if he didn't use it he would have gotten a kill)
Yeah, that's what I'm watching. The damage reduction can be really nice sometimes.

Too bad Fiddle isn't giving him much of a chance to try it out lol

Blizzard

Banned
Yup

If noc blocks a skill with his W and hits a Q, you're basically dead or you're going to burn flash.

Noc,has always been one of the junglers who can stay in the jungle, farm and stay the same level as laners in all the seasons (along with trynd and yi).

If you can find a camp in a nocturne's jungle and he doesn't contest it, consider yourself lucky.
I will have to try this. The one recent game I tried nocturne, red was taken (someone warded above it but it was taken from the lower route), so I was behind by levels from that point onwards. Each buff past that point typically had 2+ enemies, sometimes with wards, right as the buff spawned, and since I couldn't 1v2 them I would generally lose the additional buffs and XP.

I think if the first red is not taken, and teammates can help protect additional buffs (or maybe even if Nocturne can just get the first buffs or keep levels up with other jungle monsters) then it makes sense. Is it better to go 9/21/0 or 21/9/0?

Junglers like Xin, Udyr, Tryndamere, and Shyvana seem to me that they could either outrun Nocturne if he tries to chase, or 1v1 him without absolutely needing to do something shieldable in the 1.5 second spellshield window. But, as pointed out, it could be that the 1v1 is feasible if Nocturne has similar levels.

Edwardo

In theory it should be really good if the enemy comp isn't as bursty.

Ya I was up against an Irelia and they didn't have much burst in the other lanes, so it ended up working out.

I used to use Exhaust/Flash on him when I first started playing him. Once I got a full rage bar there was really no escape. I've been using Tele/Flash for a while now and prefer it to most. Tele is great with the low cooldown, and I can always find a use for flash. Most of the time it's either to finish off a kill or to escape when i'm splitpushing and they send a few people after me. To be honest though, it is pretty nice to have two exhausts on your team, especially during teamfights.

Tried support Morg. I guess she's okay.
TDsYZhJ.jpg

worst plat1 thresh ever

I want to try new MF, but I wanna expand on other roles too. :( My top and mid are junk but they're usually already taken.

her win rate hasn't actually changed much really. She's been around 53.5%, 54% for months now. Just other things above her
Wukong
got nerfed.

So onGamers and some of its staff (Thorin, Cyborgmatt - good riddance - , among others) for linking too much of their own stuff, potential upvote manipulation, bad submission to comments ratio etc.

Can we get Richard Lewis banned somehow?

Jeff-DSA

Feral flare fiora is best fiora.

I only had time for one match last night, so I was hoping to try that out. Turns out nobody could play top, after I had locked in Fiora, so I went top with her instead. About 5 minutes in they had to pull Warwick out of top because I was pushing him around so hard and they brought Lee Sin up to top.

He was MUCH harder to deal with, and I actually sort of struggled for a few minutes until I hit that tipping point you get with Fiora and started rolling through the game. She's so dang fun when you get ahead. They had a super fed Ori, but as long as I was careful around her I could carve up the team pretty good.

Ferrio

Banned
Doubt pro teams will risk the Yi pick for some Baron gimmicks.

Nocturne though

Someone just picked Yi in this semi I'm watching that's playing right now. He's powerful as crap with Flare, so curious if they were playing with the patch since he was picked. Cloud9.

edit: Looks like it is the flare patch.. yi building latern and ADC running heal.

drawkcaB

Gragas now has the lowest win rate in the game, even lower than Urgot's. Good riddance.

Fiora has the second highest win rate

On the subject, I finally got a chance to try out new Gragas in the jungle. Can't really make a final opinion because each of my lanes fed hard (down 1-9 by the time I got level 6, got worse from there) so I never got into any sort of real flow, but I wouldn't read too much into his win rate right now. His kit has lots of bugs and oddities in it right now that make playing him more difficult than it should be. In a single <25 minute match I had:

E not applying the 1 second stun (happened twice).
E not letting me go over a thin wall, didn't even move me to the edge, just fizzed out.
E has an odd hitbox that makes it very easy to accidently catch something on its edge (happed twice)
W dealing zero damage
Q barrels not exploding on second click (happened three times)
AAs changing targets after using an ability (must have happened at least 5 times)

It was easily the buggiest experience I've ever had in LoL. It's difficult to do well with having to fight so much. Once they fix all his bugs/jankiness I still think there's lots of potential in the new kit, at least in the jungle.

Ferrio

Banned
I feel so behind by not keeping up with these changes (fucking Diablo 3). Tutor me pls. All these Master Yi competitive picks are fucking with my mind.

Wriggles turns into a snowball item called Feral flare that does magic damage and heal on hit. It gets a stack everytime you get a champion kill/assist/large monster kill. Fast clearers like Yi can build the stacks quickly, which makes them very powerful and hard to kill due to sustain.

Basically makes any AD jungler a mini nasus.

Tizoc

My brother once asked me something that I wanted to verify:
Can Miss Fortune's 'Make it rain' be used to stack Black Cleaver's passive(s)?

EDIT: Nah forget it, it mentions physical damage and MF's ability is a projectile attack.

garath

I feel so behind by not keeping up with these changes (fucking Diablo 3). Tutor me pls. All these Master Yi competitive picks are fucking with my mind.

*highfive*

I've been forcing myself to play LoL to stay current (and grind IP for more runes) but D3 has been monopolizing my time.

Tizoc

wait... what?

I remembered that the text for BC mentioned inflicting physical damage after writing my post.
Her E ability has bullets or whatever fall from the sky so I refered to it as a projectile attack.

I wanna try Aatrox whenever he's made free, he looks interesting to use.

Ferrio

Banned
I remembered that the text for BC mentioned inflicting physical damage after writing my post.
Her E ability has bullets or whatever fall from the sky so I refered to it as a projectile attack.

I wanna try Aatrox whenever he's made free, he looks interesting to use.

The look of an attacks animation or even it's scaling has nothing to do with what type of damage it does. Basically if you're in doubt need to look it up on the wiki.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
The look of an attacks animation or even it's scaling has nothing to do with what type of damage it does. Basically if you're in doubt need to look it up on the wiki.
not even that, every ability in this game states what type of damage it does in its tooltip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom