• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

Xin is doing great on the other hand, was thinking he'd be a very popular pick when feral came out.

He was already being picked up before Feral Flare was added. He's been a viable competitive pick for a long time, people just dumped him for some reason.

garath

Xin is doing great on the other hand, was thinking he'd be a very popular pick when feral came out.

Xin will be huge till they nerf Feral. Nocturne too.

He was already being picked up before Feral Flare was added. He's been a viable competitive pick for a long time, people just dumped him for some reason.

Pre-feral, his clear speed wasn't up to par, used too much mana, fell off in damage unless you built damage. Wasn't tanky enough if you built damage. He would get blown up. He's melee, requires 3 hits for his CC and no escapes. Needed to snowball to have any positive impact beyond early game.

Before his nerfs he had higher base damage and could just build straight tank and still be effective.

New jungle helped. Feral helped even more.

edit: He's still mana hungry though :(

drawkcaB

Pre-feral, his clear speed wasn't up to par, used too much mana, fell off in damage unless you built damage. Wasn't tanky enough if you built damage. He would get blown up. He's melee, requires 3 hits for his CC and no escapes. Needed to snowball to have any positive impact beyond early game.

Wriggle's does nothing for his innate tankiness or requiring three hits on Talon strike. Don't tell me Feral Flare covers this damage because Xin Zhao gets the upgrade much later because he's still a gank first jungler. Needing to snowball to have an impact is untrue. With CDR he's a CC machine and his ult was - and still is - excellent in pick-off comps and for disengages. His clear wasn't that bad.

Before his nerfs he had higher base damage and could just build straight tank and still be effective.

Nope. Even before the nerfs his damage fell off in the early S3 meta. His effectiveness late was his CC and peel, which hasn't changed.

New jungle helped. Feral helped even more.

"New" jungle as been here for over 6 months now...it's not new. Diamond was playing him competitive for a few weeks now. Excellent soloqueue junglers like Nightblue and Azingy have been playing for months.

yeah, this item...

PXthqOm.jpg

was soloing baron when three came (graves, thresh and fizz). was soloing all three until my team came and finished them off... went right back to soloing baron. So dumb lol.

So much fun.

garath

Wriggle's does nothing for his innate tankiness or requiring three hits on Talon strike. Don't tell me Feral Flare covers this damage because Xin Zhao gets the upgrade much later because he's still a gank first jungler. Needing to snowball to have an impact is untrue. With CDR he's a CC machine and his ult was - and still is - excellent in pick-off comps and for disengages. His clear wasn't that bad.

Nope. Even before the nerfs his damage fell off in the early S3 meta. His effectiveness late was his CC and peel, which hasn't changed.

"New" jungle as been here for over 6 months now...it's not new. Diamond was playing him competitive for a few weeks now. Excellent soloqueue junglers like Nightblue and Azingy have been playing for months.

New jungle helped but it didn't push him over the competitive edge. Diamond played him a couple times in LCS and lost* (going on memory.. attempting to get champion LCS stats is apparently like pulling teeth, might find something later). Nightblue only started playing him when feral flare hit. Azingy also plays Karthus jungle as a main. I don't put a lot of stock in his picks.

Feral flare IS that big of an impact. It gives him that extra edge.

His pros are good but they weren't enough. That's why we didn't see him in competitive play (let alone much in solo que).

zkylon

zkylewd
Flat hp is slightly better on adc, but with heal and barrier, flat armor pulls closer.
imo lifesteal and support heals should make armor a better choice for adcs

i guess not many people play the healing supports right now but lifesteal is no small thing

drawkcaB

Diamond played him a couple times in LCS and lost* (going on memory.. attempting to get champion LCS stats is apparently like pulling teeth, might find something later).

Can't recall every game, but he crushed in at least one.

(Try leaguepedia)

Feral flare IS that big of an impact. It gives him that extra edge.

Not quite accurate: Wriggle's is a big impact. Xin's playstyle makes it take too long to get Feral Flare. Diamondprox has even said it's not a must buy item on Xin right now. Once Riot continues to correct Wriggle's to reduce its gold efficiency that'll be even truer.

garath

I know this isn't the LCS thread but this is just challenger series talk. Holy crap NiP just crushed RG. Perfect game. No deaths, no towers lost, no dragons or barons lost.

Insane.

edit: I wonder what the PAX swag for LoL is going to be this weekend. One of my employees is going and he's been instructed to bring me back LoL codes or he doesn't get his vacation time approved next year :p

Tizoc

Apologies if I asked this already but how does one counter Nidalee again? All the ones I play against spam her projectile attack and reacting to it is a bitch.

zkylon

zkylewd
well some good things against nidalee:
* hard engage: someone like vi or xin zhao or maybe even shyv and renek. you want it to be reliable, long range and fast so you don't let her kite you. like a good eve gank with ult is really good too. or a lee sin insec thingie. but like whatever you do stand there letting her chill and throw spears
* deny her blue buff: a lot of nidalees are greedy and will go for tear rather than athene's, which takes time to ramp up. steal her blue and fuck her up
* early pressure: gank her early, invade their enemy jungler, abuse that she's pretty shit until she gets cat form and some items. like seriously pick on her really hard. push her to turret (if you have escapes or wards or jungler backup) and watch her solo queue ass fail at last hitting
* good warding: ward over walls so she can't spear you from fog of war
* get mr: get yourself banshees or like the blue thingie that comes first. get locket on someone on your team
* splitpush: do like a 4-1 splitpush if someone on your team's strong enough and your team's got the patience for it.

but yea you gotta get good at dodging them damn spears

Snowman

Not quite accurate: Wriggle's is a big impact. Xin's playstyle makes it take too long to get Feral Flare. Diamondprox has even said it's not a must buy item on Xin right now. Once Riot continues to correct Wriggle's to reduce its gold efficiency that'll be even truer.

you can still definitely get feral flare before 15 mins on xin zhao and crush with it if you want to though

Blizzard

Banned
yeah, this item...

was soloing baron when three came (graves, thresh and fizz). was soloing all three until my team came and finished them off... went right back to soloing baron. So dumb lol.

So much fun.
What order did you buy items in? I'm assuming feral flare wasn't your 6th item.

drawkcaB

you can still definitely get feral flare before 15 mins on xin zhao and crush with it if you want to though

Yeah, but I can do it on Nautilus as well if that's all I want to do, you know? Not much point in picking a champion like Xin who works best applying early lane pressure and just sitting in the jungle instead.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah, but I can do it on Nautilus as well if that's all I want to do, you know? Not much point in picking a champion like Xin who works best applying early lane pressure and just sitting in the jungle instead.

Pity wriggles doesn't gain transformation stacks from assists/kills.

drawkcaB

Pity wriggles doesn't gain transformation stacks from assists/kills.

Like dimb said. Although now I wonder if Riot isn't looking at something along these lines to help out the jungle tanks as per the blurb they wrote about the upcoming patch. SotAG doesn't help them all that much (at least not in the way SotEL or Wriggle's helps the current top tier junglers).

Ferrio

Banned
Like dimb said. Although now I wonder if Riot isn't looking at something along these lines to help out the jungle tanks as per the blurb they wrote about the upcoming patch. SotAG doesn't help them all that much (at least not in the way SotEL or Wriggle's helps the current top tier junglers).

I think in the end the amount it would add would be almost negligible. How many kills/assists would an average jungler get by say 15 minutes? Just thought it'd be a nice bone to throw to AD junglers who are more gank oriented and don't farm as well.

They're raising the stack threshold to 30 too...

Leezard

yeah, it's too bad this op item isn't stronger.

It was so stupid in season 1. Everyone bought it on top lane since you had 20% chance to deal 500 extra damage on lane creeps as well as jungle creeps, and you got 20% lifesteal or so from that. So people just life stealed and sustained through any and all harass.

Ah, nostalgia.

drawkcaB

I think in the end the amount it would add would be almost negligible. How many kills/assists would an average jungler get by say 15 minutes? Just thought it'd be a nice bone to throw to AD junglers who are more gank oriented and don't farm as well.

Well, Riot just wants to speed up their clear times (which in turn let's them sustain better and gank more) but by now it's pretty clear they're against simply giving them more damage (heaven forbid) and they seem uninterested in giving better AP bruiser itemization. Maybe giving SotAG +x% on kills/assist. Just spit-balling.

They're raising the stack threshold to 30 too...

Well, raising the Threshold is nice and all but Wriggle's itself is a problem too. It's simply too cost effective. The other jungle items provide ~1300g in stats for 2000g, and the cost difference is supposed to be made up by the passives and gold generation. I don't see why Wriggle's needs to be cost effective in stats alone w/o factoring in the wards, gold gen, and on-hit magic damage passive.

Leezard said:
It was so stupid in season 1. Everyone bought it on top lane since you had 20% chance to deal 500 extra damage on lane creeps as well as jungle creeps, and you got 20% lifesteal or so from that. So people just life stealed and sustained through any and all harass.

Ah, nostalgia.

Yeah, and paired with Heart of Gold or Philostone, or both...It's nostalgia but I can't say I miss it. It's so weird going into the old patch notes. Old herald had an aura that was something stupid like +20% lifesteal and -20 armor reduction...and people thought it wasn't good in relation to other items.

Snowman

you can still gank a good few times early on xin and get feral flare by 15 mins tho

Leezard

Yeah, and paired with Heart of Gold or Philostone, or both...It's nostalgia but I can't say I miss it. It's so weird going into the old patch notes. Old herald had an aura that was something stupid like +20% lifesteal and -20 armor reduction...and people thought it wasn't good in relation to other items.

Yeah, those were not very good times. Old herald simply had no place as support had no gold to buy items in those times, and essentially only a jungler would buy it else. It had some weird stat combination.

Ferga

Man I might have made someone never play adc again.

Noc ult+Q+one auto instantly killed a trist.

Did this 4 times and he just afked.

Snowman

Again, yeah, but you can do that on Nocturne for instance who suits and benefits from that playstyle much more.

I think right now with the way feral flare works that a more farm-heavy playstyle works way better on anyone who benefits from wriggles tbh

I dunno, I could definitely be wrong but I've tried xin twice with feral flare today and both times i've spent most of my time farming and it worked out, I don't think it was a fluke but I definitely need to play more games to make sure.

UlyDZZH.png

Trying to jungle but I dont have a decent jungle char so I am trying to buy Sejuani, is she any good for a Jungle? I tried to use her as a tank but .....

Ferga

I played xin zhao before feral flare came out. He is my highest win rate champ out of my most played and the only reason why I had such a high win rate was because of ganking early game and soloing dragons

Level 1-6 is too good to not gank anything imo.

Newt

I played xin zhao before feral flare came out. He is my highest win rate champ out of my most played and the only reason why I had such a high win rate was because of ganking early game and soloing dragons

Level 1-6 is too good to not gank anything imo.
2 Ham

drawkcaB

I think right now with the way feral flare works that a more farm-heavy playstyle works way better on anyone who benefits from wriggles tbh

I dunno, I could definitely be wrong but I've tried xin twice with feral flare today and both times i've spent most of my time farming and it worked out, I don't think it was a fluke but I definitely need to play more games to make sure.

UlyDZZH.png

I have no doubt what you're describing does work, largely because Wriggle's/Flare is a shade away from broken right now*, but I'm not sure it's the best path on Xin even now and that'll get murkier as the item is toned down. Hell, I might be wrong. I've been meaning to try out Xin since 4.5 was released but something keeps getting in the way.

*I really am going to try Wriggle's Naut at some point this week.

dimb said:
turn back now.

Yes. There's only heartbreak down that path, friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom