• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

So looking at that reddit post, are move speed quints out of style in the jungle now? I still use them all the time lol

zkylon

zkylewd
Basically nerf wriggles to give them a weak time during the game?

like imo just remove the item

like dominant junglers before wriggles were khazix, elise, evelynn and lee sin. like carry junglers have no business whining about anything :/

it's a lot riskier to invade the enemy jungle (and requires a much bigger investment in like vision and pushing lanes) than poking leona when she goes to get a relic shield proc

like relic shield is great because it's like thresh souls. actually getting the last hit/soul puts you in danger since it reveals what you're gonna do and forces you to go into enemy range

wriggles puts the enemy jungler at risk since it's him that has to overextend to get an advantage on you

What? No. Look, you're over-complicating this.

I'm Lee Sin. At Lv3, I go to the long solo lane ("top", wherever it may be today). At a bare minimum, my gank is definitely going to force the solo laner back. I might not get a Flash, I might not kill him, but he will have to back off.

Now? I stay in lane. I go push his tower. His jungler now has to show up (or send the mid up and cover mid). I have dictated that he must stop his jungle farming and come to lane. I'm not missing out on much by doing this compared to what he is, and I can do this practically whenever I want. Once I get Conservation I'm even building gold value while I fart around in lane forcing him to react.

The same thing with dragon: if I go mid or bot and go "boogedy boogedy boo, I'm a scary ganking Lee!" then the laners have to back off, and we can go force at dragon. If we force at dragon, their jungler has to show up because they need their Smite there. Again, I've dictated to him where he has to be, and it's not farming his jungle happily. I can do this whenever dragon is up, because I'm a big dick G Conservation jungler and I generate gold just by doing the dragon dance.

Seriously. The Conservation junglers already have tons of options for how to dictate the pace of the game and the position of the Wriggle's jungler. There's no need for the item itself to force them into interactions.

zkylon

zkylewd
well yea ur right, but like i said why would you even give junglers that item that's counterintuitive to how they're supposed to play

like isn't the lee a lot more positive to the game (can't believe i'm writing this) than the yi that's just "fuck my lanes!"

like i guess there's some strategy in everyone picking super safe lanes so they just passively farm so they have like 3 carries rather than 2 but that sounds super boring to me

edit: i'm not saying the item is better or whatever (when it's not broken), i'm saying that the style of play of the item is dumb :/

Boken

Banned
like imo just remove the item

like dominant junglers before wriggles were khazix, elise, evelynn and lee sin. like carry junglers have no business whining about anything :/
what
carry doesnt mean damage
elise and eve arent dmg junglers anyway

the term "carry junglers" is misused and misunderstood
riot are referring to "carry class" - in the sense that they must farm and auto attack to be strong

kha elise eve and lee are all good gankers, not meant to be farmers. flare is there for those who want to auto attack n deal damages n farm a lil more. ideal late game scenarios

so if they are too strong - you can delay their power spike, make them weaker pre power spike, lower their power spike (would require nerfing wriggles too)

zkylon

zkylewd
what
carry doesnt mean damage
elise and eve arent dmg junglers anyway

the term "carry junglers" is misused and misunderstood
riot are referring to "carry class" - in the sense that they must farm and auto attack to be strong

kha elise eve and lee are all good gankers, not meant to be farmers. flare is there for those who want to auto attack n deal damages n farm a lil more. ideal late game scenarios

so if they are too strong - you can delay their power spike, make them weaker pre power spike, lower their power spike (would require nerfing wriggles too)

well whatever you want to call them they're the alternative to the jungler type junglers were whining about for all season 2 and 3: slow tanky initiator junglers.

instead all of those champions are mobile, fun, deal tons of damage and scale well.

Mothman91

Just played a rank where our yasuo mid built a hydra first...

wtf. we still won, pretty sure he could've made the game alot easier if he just built towards his strength.

well yea ur right, but like i said why would you even give junglers that item that's counterintuitive to how they're supposed to play

The item doesn't tell you not to gank, though. It gives stacks for kills and assists. Like, that's actually kind of perplexing to me from a design stand-point, but I guess that's why they did it; so if someone's just reading the item description and trying to figure out what it's for they'll be like, "Oh I can gank too so it's just whatever."

(Well, that and the rate of stacking goes to absolute shit late-game if you don't grant it off kills and assists.)

zkylon

zkylewd
The item doesn't tell you not to gank, though. It gives stacks for kills and assists. Like, that's actually kind of perplexing to me from a design stand-point, but I guess that's why they did it; so if someone's just reading the item description and trying to figure out what it's for they'll be like, "Oh I can gank too so it's just whatever."

(Well, that and the rate of stacking goes to absolute shit late-game if you don't grant it off kills and assists.)
yea i'm just thinking about it how it is gonna be after it gets nerfed, or at least how it's supposed to be in idea.

like the idea is that you selfishly lose lane pressure in exchange for lategame power. i don't like that at all.

yea i'm just thinking about it how it is gonna be after it gets nerfed, or at least how it's supposed to be in idea.

like the idea is that you selfishly lose lane pressure in exchange for lategame power. i don't like that at all.

Well, there's already sort of junglers who do that, though. I mean, any jungler who's super reliant on rushing Lv6 already sort of traded early game lane presence for late-game power by default. Especially the mummy; poor lil' guy's just practically non-existent until six.

zkylon

zkylewd
well but level 6 isn't lategame and like mumu and wuko get super good in teamfights and like nocturne gets some crazy ganks and picks

it's not like yi at level 6 with a (nerfed) wriggles will be a powerhouse :p

isn't this item supposed to be crap until lategame?

It's deceptive.

The item's pretty good as soon as it transforms, but in most games you won't actually get as many stacks on it after transformation as you would hope because of the way the game changes after laning phase breaks down. Like, late game you're either going to be sieging/forcing objectives or under siege most of the time, and you're sharing jungle camps across the entire team since you're mostly moving as a group.

You don't really see Nasus Q-like scaling on it. It's a nice little "bump" late-game, but it just isn't going to scale linearly in most circumstances.

brian!

0k3ohGj.png

zkylon

zkylewd
It's deceptive.

The item's pretty good as soon as it transforms, but in most games you won't actually get as many stacks on it after transformation as you would hope because of the way the game changes after laning phase breaks down. Like, late game you're either going to be sieging/forcing objectives or under siege most of the time, and you're sharing jungle camps across the entire team since you're mostly moving as a group.

You don't really see Nasus Q-like scaling on it. It's a nice little "bump" late-game, but it just isn't going to scale linearly in most circumstances.

wait you're making it sound like crap

why is people buying it then :?

i'm not a jungler

stop confusing me -_-

wait you're making it sound like crap

why is people buying it then :?

It's not crap, on champions who have natural auto-attack steroids (Nocturne, Xin Zhao, Aatrox, etc.) it's pretty good as soon as you transform it, and any stacking you get is icing on the cake.

People building it on like Eve, though? Yeah, I dunno. I think they might just be caught up in the hype and not actually getting their money's worth.

well leona is a tanky support, not a full tank, so while she does some of the tank duties of initiating and taking aggro and shit she won't really be zoning the carries or anything like that

you want someone like shyvanna if you want to do full tank

I love support, so she will be my next purchase I think, thanks

EDIT: Shiv is a tank!!??

I love support, so she will be my next purchase I think, thanks

EDIT: Shiv is a tank!!??

Yes. She gets a bunch of free tank stats (Armor/MR) in dragon form and doesn't need many damage items to kill people, which are what you want in a tank. A full-build Shyvana is one of the most obnoxiously unkillable things in the game.

Kenai

Did aether wing Kayle was in discount in the past? I want to buy it but maybe Riot would put that skin in discount later

Legendary skins don't go on sale. The only exceptions have been former legendary skins that are now legacy, so they get price reductions when those do.

brian!

ok i just started reading this rich lewie article and he already has improved by like 150% with this: "...emperor penguins gathering together for warmth, only more disgusting.."

i mean his tone is still so abrasive to read, but at least this time he str8 up says that all the information is from google searches

this article is pretty good and the topic is good
http://www.esportsheaven.com/articles/view/5194

i wish he'd talk about the unique(? iunno i only started watching pro gaming when league came around) position Riot has in controlling and regulating this thing that is probably their baby; their hand is at least evident in NA/EU

dood has leveled up to an editorial for a college paper

Delodax

You night not like it but IMO empowering different playstyles is golden.

zkylon

zkylewd
iDO4UD5uB1QHR.png

league of legends is a mean game

You night not like it but IMO empowering different playstyles is golden.
variety for variety's sake isn't a goal i agree with

if i think it makes the game worse (as playing against a yi or tryndamere every single game is) then i don't think supporting that playstyle is golden

Can someone explain how a foot fetish 'forms'. I just don't see the appeal.
toes are cute

I thought Lux got military skins because she's in the military?

Disclaimer: I only know lore from people joking about it in-game, I could be totally wrong here.

zkylon

zkylewd
I thought Lux got military skins because she's in the military?

Disclaimer: I only know lore from people joking about it in-game, I could be totally wrong here.

yea she's like a child soldier of sorts but also like a spy or something also i think she's adopted and likes to turn invisible even tho she can't do it in the game unfortunately

Leezard

yea she's like a child soldier of sorts but also like a spy or something also i think she's adopted and likes to turn invisible even tho she can't do it in the game unfortunately

When she was on PBE her shield used to be an invisibility buff. It worked the same, such that you could make your whole team invisible.

zkylon

zkylewd
When she was on PBE her shield used to be an invisibility buff.

yea i heard

would've been pretty broken for then but sounds like rito would try and make it work now

also i really do hope they do like a popstar skin line for like champions that already have like kpop dances like syndra and shyvanna and like ezreal.

ahri's skin is tame enough for people to give it a break and it's like my favorite skin of them all since it has two dances and has like special particle effects and it's pink and shit

Ferga

Lux is a genius at crafting/engineering spells or some crap like that

She can copy spells after seeing them performed and make them better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom