• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
barrier can also be used in response to incoming damage too, while with heal you need to be hit first in order to recover.

so you could, for example, barrier when fizz catches you with his fish for full usage of the shield but if you heal you have to be knocked up, slowed and potentially get hit by grievous wounds before you can heal.

barrier can also be used in response to incoming damage too, while with heal you need to be hit first in order to recover.

so you could, for example, barrier when fizz catches you with his fish for full usage of the shield but if you heal you have to be knocked up, slowed and potentially get hit by grievous wounds before you can heal.
Late game barrier won't exactly save you from a full Fizz combo though, whereas the MS boost from Heal might.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Late game barrier won't exactly save you from a full Fizz combo though, whereas the MS boost from Heal might.
barriers advantage is in early game and keeping a fizz from snowballing is no small thing.
besides that movement speed is going to be worthless as an escape with fizz's 70% slow after ult.

barriers advantage is in early game and keeping a fizz from snowballing is no small thing.
besides that movement speed is going to be worthless as an escape with fizz's 70% slow after ult.
Psh, I wanna see him hit that 70% slow when I prematurely blow Flash and Heal just at the sight of him.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Fizz isn't much of a problem if he didn't get kills early game. He had some annoying tools, but he is a melee mage afterall.

Didn't fizz had a healing reduction on his skill?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's worth pointing out that heal also gets reduced by half if you're ignited, as it doesn't cleanse the grievous wounds until after you've healed, so in certain situations barrier can be better. Like I don't think you would ever take heal mid lane. Some people might even prefer barrier bot just cos of that.
Stopping an Ignite alone prevents more damage than Barrier is capable of. This is before the fact that Heal works on two parties and has defensive properties you can use to help teammates.

I expected a bit more of Trist with the new AS quints. But oh well, she feels a lot better and having 0.8 attack speed at level 1 is pretty neato

Stopping an Ignite alone prevents more damage than Barrier is capable of. This is before the fact that Heal works on two parties and has defensive properties you can use to help teammates.

it doesn't stop Ignite though. it just removes the grievous wounds debuff after you Heal. so you still only get healed for half if you get Ignited and Ignite still ticks. at least Barrier gets its full shielding effect, although for a shorter duration.

------------------------------------------------

Feral Fiora is pretty fun.

v2B68B8.jpg
Y4dOCYS.png

Hey LoLGAF! I'm a bit of a new League player, only being level 16, but I have a few friends at 30 who are helping me out. Main positions right now are ADC and Mid, although I am learning top right now.

Edwardo

Hey LoLGAF! I'm a bit of a new League player, only being level 16, but I have a few friends at 30 who are helping me out. Main positions right now are ADC and Mid, although I am learning top right now.

Nice. Join the in-game channel "NeoGAF" and if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask!

tm24

Ugh, Swain is so annoying the play against. Our Fizz was just getting dominated and almost quit, but we were able to talk him down a ledge. Once i built Locket as Morg he stopped being a problem but those first 20 minutes were rough. Bot lane was easy enough since Sivir would randomly use spell shield on minions, way too early or on soil instead of saving it for binding. It was such an easy lane

dimb

After looking up his builds, why is Hecarim built tank?
I mean, you can build him as a tank but usually it's more of a mix that leans offensively. Spirit of the Elder Lizard into Triforce, but always consider going tanky earlier if you or your team start to fall behind. He doesn't really need more damage than that outside of what you can get from CDR.

zer0das

Banned
I mean, you can build him as a tank but usually it's more of a mix that leans offensively. Spirit of the Elder Lizard into Triforce, but always consider going tanky earlier if you or your team start to fall behind. He doesn't really need more damage than that outside of what you can get from CDR.

Haven't seen a Hecarim build Triforce since early season 3 or so.

You build tanky as Hecarim because spirit of dread heals you based on your team's damage when nearby, so you're essentially immortal once you get tanky enough while still doing a fair amount of damage.

dimb

Haven't seen a Hecarim build Triforce since early season 3 or so.

You build tanky as Hecarim because spirit of dread heals you based on your team's damage when nearby, so you're essentially immortal once you get tanky enough while still doing a fair amount of damage.
nobody builds tanky on anyone if they can help it, and hecarim doesn't scale that well as a pure tank because his cc is so low. the cooldown is too long on spirit of dread to really use more than once in a fight, and if you aren't doing damage hecarim is kind of useless.

DeadNames

Banned
nobody builds tanky on anyone if they can help it, and hecarim doesn't scale that well as a pure tank because his cc is so low. the cooldown is too long on spirit of dread to really use more than once in a fight, and if you aren't doing damage hecarim is kind of useless.

Yup. Felt this way when I played Hec.

Long ass cooldowns, mana probs, slow clear times, and no duel potential.

Shame, because Arcade Hecarim is an awesome skin.

Blizzard

Banned
The music always gets me. I had my volume turned up and launched League, and suddenly HIGH VOLUME DRAMATIC RUMBLE MUSIC!

It's exciting.

Rumble have that music on the beginning of the match and when he teleports back to the base, kinda awesome

yeah. the skin's great. they did such a good job with it.

and it's been making me actually enjoy playing top lane again. Rumble buffs next patch are an added bonus.

Rumble was the champion I enjoyed playing the most when I used to play top, before the League of Tanks etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom