• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
oh that's what you meant

dota servers have perfect world and shit to deal with

i dunno if we get those numbers or not...

Probably not now that I think about it.

There was that time when you could get LoL on steam (in euro) that would have been fun to actually keep track that way...

PW and nexon clients are just modified steam clients and so valve get their numbers through that iirc

in that case the steam # are reflective of all the people playing dotes in the world. hence why its kinda sad that its so low

also

SKARNER GETS HIS FIRST COMPETITIVE WIN AWWW YESSSSSSSS

Boken

Banned
Remember when gambit picked skarner?
what i dont watch western scenes west is trash

also, OP.GG has picked up the ball riot dropped and thrown it half the way

OP.GG NOW FEATURES SPECTATOR RECORDING
what this means is that anybody can now record games (e.g. ur own games) while they are spectateable. and OP.GG will keep the games on their servers for 1-2 months where you can download them and watch them

replay-guide.png

bs000

I just got my first leave because I couldn't stop Windows 8 from restarting for updates. I might've made it back in time if the League client didn't do the corrupt files thing and started patching. Took like an hour, so I guess it pretty much redownloaded the entire game or something.

Delodax

what i dont watch western scenes west is trash

also, OP.GG has picked up the ball riot dropped and thrown it half the way

OP.GG NOW FEATURES SPECTATOR RECORDING
what this means is that anybody can now record games (e.g. ur own games) while they are spectateable. and OP.GG will keep the games on their servers for 1-2 months where you can download them and watch them

replay-guide.png

That's great. Any limitations or bugs?

zkylon

zkylewd
lost all my games today except a 5v4 lol

got myself a lovely yi vs yi normals showdown. guess who won and who died to blue buff and didn't have feral flame by 30 minutes :D

seriously i don't get why anyone thought adding yi to the meta was a good idea.

That's great. Any limitations or bugs?

annoying thing is you gotta remember to turn that shit on manually

just use baron replays people :3

seriously i don't get why anyone thought adding yi to the meta was a good idea.

It remains to be seen if he's actually in the meta or just visiting. I have a sneaking suspicion that when the week ends and people sit down and look at the numbers, they're going to find that playing Yi isn't a particular great idea if you're a fan of winning.

Now, this Xin Zhao character on the other hand, he's got legs.

zkylon

zkylewd
It remains to be seen if he's actually in the meta or just visiting. I have a sneaking suspicion that when the week ends and people sit down and look at the numbers, they're going to find that playing Yi isn't a particular great idea if you're a fan of winning.

Now, this Xin Zhao character on the other hand, he's got legs.
maybe but it's ruining my sanity

i'm also confused if feral flame is broken or not. like i've seen so many junglers snowball out of control that i'm inclined to think it is but i dunno, i don't understand jungle items

also just got told by a vayne not to steal her minions cos that's so like my elo. WE HAVE THE SAME ELO YOU IDIOT. what's worse is that she wasn't diamond or even high plat.

plat 5 dick swinging is the funniest.

It's maybe a little too good in yolo queue since games last longer than by rights they should, and a lot of that extra time is people milling around doing nothing particularly useful, which gives you time to get stacks.

It's maybe still a little too bad for competitive play, because the average time to transform so far in semi-pro games has been like 23 minutes or something equally ridiculous, with like 15 stacks at the end of games being common. That might just be the NA/EU Challenger teams being lolbad though, we'll see when the OGN playoffs start.

Edit: Though I don't think Yi really should be the poster-boy for the item, anyway. Xin, Aatrox, and Fiora all use it better - and look better using it, too. Yi's just such a novelty pick, almost as bad as when he was getting play as an AP Mid shortly before his rework.

BoRK Lucian - is this a thing?

Yeah, it's fine. Because of the way Lucian's passive works there's honestly very few ways you can't build him and make it work. (See supplemental: Genja.) You build BotRK usually if you expect to be spending the entire back half of the game kiting a Shyvana and trying to needle her to death.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's maybe a little too good in yolo queue since games last longer than by rights they should, and a lot of that extra time is people milling around doing nothing particularly useful, which gives you time to get stacks.

It's maybe still a little too bad for competitive play, because the average time to transform so far in semi-pro games has been like 23 minutes or something equally ridiculous, with like 15 stacks at the end of games being common. That might just be the NA/EU Challenger teams being lolbad though, we'll see when the OGN playoffs start.

Edit: Though I don't think Yi really should be the poster-boy for the item, anyway. Xin, Aatrox, and Fiora all use it better - and look better using it, too. Yi's just such a novelty pick, almost as bad as when he was getting play as an AP Mid shortly before his rework.

i dunno i just hate what it does to junglers

a lot of them will just afk and let their team get wrecked and then do nothing with the farm. or if they do, they'll get fed off something random and it still makes you feel useless

i don't get why they couldn't just make like spirit of the wolves and put some attack speed on a regular jungle item and be done with it

i dunno i just hate what it does to junglers

a lot of them will just afk and let their team get wrecked and then do nothing with the farm. or if they do, they'll get fed off something random and it still makes you feel useless

i don't get why they couldn't just make like spirit of the wolves and put some attack speed on a regular jungle item and be done with it

The game isn't ready to have the Mark of the Wolves. Rock hasn't even been born yet in this timeline.

Try some Xin, though, seriously. He's a cool dude who has great synergy with the item, but he's still an eary-ganking/objective control jungler with a strong team fight presence, rather than a glass cannon snowball champ like Yi. I really do feel like he's a better example of what the item is supposed to be for and how it's supposed to "feel" in play, whereas Yi is just sort of this goofy dude that people try to break the game every which way they can to make work, with entirely mixed results.

Like, it's cool in a way. We've all got that champion that deep down we know we shouldn't play, but we just keep trying to find ways to make work even if it takes turning the game upside-down and inside-out. That's Yi for a lot of people, for some reason. They're just really jazzed they found a way they can play him without people saying bad things about their mother.*

*Disclaimer: If you play Yi people will probably still say terrible things about your mother, but they might wait until after champion select now.

Ferga

I was just drop hacked

But I was on the losing side so... I don't know how to feel.

2nd time this week. Pretty ridiculous.

The way you dc is suspiciously like that last time where everyone was stuck on the reconnecting screen and started teleporting around. Hmmm.......

Tizoc

Hecarim may just be the first character I'd bother mastering Jungling with. Didn't feel like it when playing Jungle Warwick but Hecarim's kit is really good for it and makes me more confident about it.
Guess Trinity Force would be the better 'weapon' to give him and just tank him the fuck up? The guides I've read list various weapons but they seem to focus more on an offensive Hecarim.

Thanks again for the Blitz and Hecarim codes GAF~

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I was just drop hacked

But I was on the losing side so... I don't know how to feel.

2nd time this week. Pretty ridiculous.

The way you dc is suspiciously like that last time where everyone was stuck on the reconnecting screen and started teleporting around. Hmmm.......

how do you know you were drop hacked?

Just clawed back a game when both their LB and Vi were Godlike.

Calling shots all day as Thresh (who I've hardly played this season and i've got something like an 80% loss rate lol). Felt good but I still don't like playing him. Felt like I was dying way too much (2/5/14) even though I had a few 4 for 1 trades where I was the 1.

I dunno, he was one of my most played champs last season and to a decent standard, but now I just don't feel at all good with him and feel really squishy even with Dorans + full tank mastery tree.

zkylon

zkylewd
The game isn't ready to have the Mark of the Wolves. Rock hasn't even been born yet in this timeline.

Try some Xin, though, seriously. He's a cool dude who has great synergy with the item, but he's still an eary-ganking/objective control jungler with a strong team fight presence, rather than a glass cannon snowball champ like Yi. I really do feel like he's a better example of what the item is supposed to be for and how it's supposed to "feel" in play, whereas Yi is just sort of this goofy dude that people try to break the game every which way they can to make work, with entirely mixed results.

Like, it's cool in a way. We've all got that champion that deep down we know we shouldn't play, but we just keep trying to find ways to make work even if it takes turning the game upside-down and inside-out. That's Yi for a lot of people, for some reason. They're just really jazzed they found a way they can play him without people saying bad things about their mother.*

*Disclaimer: If you play Yi people will probably still say terrible things about your mother, but they might wait until after champion select now.
yea xin seems really strong right now but i don't really jungle

too much stress and not enough skillshots

plus if i play mid or support i get pretty sparkles and pretty girls

also big purply numbers pop out of people when i shoot them with my lasers

As far as big purple numbers go, I might be off my rocker but I'm seriously thinking about taking up Veigar in response to all these ultra-passive mid Nidalee players I've been running into lately.

Go ahead, Nid. Make it into a boring farm lane and build nothing but AP. I fucking double dog dare you.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's weird nidalee

like two weeks ago or something she was in literally every game but it's been a while since i've seen one

i personally don't like veigar tho. i guess his stun thingie is fun but u know, skillshots and me, we're made for each other

best champion i've ever played against nida i think was my dumb assassin j4 mid. i go like hydra+bc+lw or some dumb thing like that and get fed or die trying. i remember doing nasty things to one nidalee once with him. it's kind of hilarious catching people off-guard with him but he falls off so badly, it's sad

I would normally never play Veigar. He's a waddling pinata full of free gold for any jungler who can find the mid lane without getting lost.

But, hey, if you're going to do nothing but farm with spears and turn into a cat now and then to clear creeps off your tower, then sure, I can sit there and collect a +80 stack on my Q and then 100-0 your ADC while you're off hopping around in bushes during team fights. I'm not too proud for that, I've played some Nasus just like everybody else.

Someone asked for this gif:

i just looked at this gif for 5 minutes trying to figure out why two enemies would stand in the bush and wait for Newt instead of attacking each other. Did they rework Thresh and give him Teemo's passive? Is there a new item out?

Then i realised I'm colorblind.

Leezard

You know you're very late game when even the support has full build. My E gave 190 damage or so per auto hit at 500 AP, with about 60% slow. The enemies played Heimer + Riven top lane for maximum pain for our singed.

Heimerdinger is so scary now, he can deal such a ridiculous amount of damage.

Bacon

Just started playing ranked recently. Played two ranked games today so far and had players go afk 10 minutes in both games. How are you supposed to win ranked games?? I don't see this kind of stuff in normals.

You know you're very late game when even the support has full build. My E gave 190 damage or so per auto hit at 500 AP, with about 60% slow. The enemies played Heimer + Riven top lane for maximum pain for our singed.

Heimerdinger is so scary now, he can deal such a ridiculous amount of damage.

...how did jungle Vayne go? I ran her through a few customs but it just doesn't work well with clears.

Nev

Banned
I hope no Lux or Nidalee players think they're good when they hit their "skillshots". These hitboxes make me wanna puke.

Talents

Banned
Just started playing ranked recently. Played two ranked games today so far and had players go afk 10 minutes in both games. How are you supposed to win ranked games?? I don't see this kind of stuff in normals.

Just gotta bare it. You'll get some games where people just wanna be dicks and afk/troll the whole game.

Repgnar

Just got to Plat five. Won my series in three games with Fallen Hero. Been playing mostly Vel'Koz support. A lot of poke that people have trouble dodging that allows my ADC to farm pretty freely. If they stay in lane when I hit six and they're low it's a secured kill pretty much.

Blizzard

Banned
Hitboxes really confuse me on some skills, though I suspect it's because I use unlocked camera and have it offcenter, causing the angle to be weird.

In particular, Lux ult and Jinx taser are in the "Well I'm clearly out of the hitbox of THAT" "*zap*" camp.

Leezard

...how did jungle Vayne go? I ran her through a few customs but it just doesn't work well with clears.

It actually went quite well I think. She had a bit more troubles than necessary because she forgot she was jungling and thus started with Doran's (and could not refund). Her Feral Flare was kind of late, but she did gank successfully a lot and taxed lanes well (our Zed was often back since he fed a lot in the beginning, he went 0-6-0). All in all she became a successfull adc.

Blizzard

Banned
Totally makes that clip. If I had the time I add a "NOPE" caption on the bottom when Newt turns around.
That ping might have been me. I was thinking it was the "danger whole team invading lane bush" ping, and not the "danger whole Newt invading lane bush" ping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom