• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sort of sad support Annie has died out now. Nothing better than seeing someone lock in with uber confidence then rolling up with Zyra and accidentally scoring
securing
a double kill.

garath

I've been testing new stuff on Sejuani for a bit and I think I've come to the conclusion that offensive masteries and CDR blues really help her out a bunch.

I've been enjoying CDR blues on a lot of junglers I've been playing lately. Sejuani would definitely like it.

Not sure about the offensive masteries but it's worth a shot. She's one of the only junglers I still use a defensive page with.

heytred

Neo Member
This conversation has most likely been had in here multiple times, but I haven't been lurking as much lately... so - how do you guys feel about Feral Flare?

I've played quite a few games running Flare in the jungle and the only games where I have been "shut down" were games in which I was successfully counter jungled early or harshly denied counter jungling opportunities. I commonly hear complaints that Feral Flare is overpowered, but I've had relatively good success against it by using strong early junglers (Xin Zhao, Elise, Vi) and either ganking early and often or spending a majority of my time counter jungling and counter ganking.

Where do you guys stand on it? I honestly don't think it needs a nerf and feel like it creates a more dynamic "lane" in the jungle where you are more directly playing against the other team's jungler - which is something I really enjoy.

I'm sort of sad support Annie has died out now. Nothing better than seeing someone lock in with uber confidence then rolling up with Zyra and accidentally scoring
securing
a double kill.

I still play her a bunch. I actually have an incredible urge to play her mid for some reason. Farming with Q seems ezpz and my biggest problem with mid has always been CSing.

that's why heimer is the only mid champ I play.

edit: as far as flare goes, I like that it increases the number of viable junglers. It's kind of easily countered imo if you're playing a gank heavy jungler. If you're counter-ganking you're not farming, so you can't really play a flare jungler with weak lanes and expect to succeed. Only bummer is that it places even more emphasis on late game strength in a season where game times are going nuts.

Blizzard

Banned
If any of you have so quickly forgotten, there was a time not so long ago when Ezreal was picked in maybe 50-60% of games. I do not remember the exact numbers, or what rankings, or ranked vs. normal games.

But still, just imagine seeing Ezreal literally every other game. I am enjoying the break.

Leezard

If any of you have so quickly forgotten, there was a time not so long ago when Ezreal was picked in maybe 50-60% of games. I do not remember the exact numbers, or what rankings, or ranked vs. normal games.

But still, just imagine seeing Ezreal literally every other game. I am enjoying the break.

Indeed. There has to be a tradeoff for all the range and slipperiness relative to the other adcs.

Boken

Banned

Ezreal is sorry he is fun to play

At least he takes skill

Leezard

Wat

Ez is like... One of the safest adcs

And unless you are good with him you will do piss damage and contribute nothing to the team. I'd rather have an unskilled Jinx than an unskilled Ez, as Jinx will at least deal some damage before she dies, while Ez will snipe a kill with his ult, back off and wonder why his team is dead.

Subtle

I'm glad ez isn't so popular anymore but I still feel sorry for him. I still dunno how you should play him I feel so weak when I use him

i used to hate playing adc but now i realize it's just because my pool was like, varus and cait. ez is a lot of fun. I think I'm just a little too conservative with my e. I only use it to go after a kill if i'm positive I won't have to use it as an escape. I also got riot graves as a mystery gift so I wanna start playing him a little more.

DeadNames

Banned
Can ziggs still carry? Is he op still? I want to climb, but I'll be damned if top isn't the hardest role to carry from, so I need some solo queue superstars.

Can ziggs still carry? Is he op still? I want to climb, but I'll be damned if top isn't the hardest role to carry from, so I need some solo queue superstars.
He's still the best mage around. He's pretty hard to fight if you don't have an assassin to shut him down early.

drawkcaB

I've been enjoying CDR blues on a lot of junglers I've been playing lately. Sejuani would definitely like it.

Not sure about the offensive masteries but it's worth a shot. She's one of the only junglers I still use a defensive page with.

Not sure how deep dimb went into the offensive tree, but 9/21/0 with the 9 points spent on getting all the +AD masteries, combined with a AD marks + AS quints does help her initial clear significantly, level 1~4. She still has issues clearing camps until level 8, but at least going that route greatly helps her first few ganks.

When I was playing a stretch of Nautilus games, in one I went spirit stone straight into Sunfire Cape. Been meaning to try that on Sejuani since it worked well (didn't miss the early gold). And yeah, 10% starting CDR on works really well for many junglers. I don't know how people play stuff like Nocturne without it, good Lord that rank 1 CD on Daaaaaarknesssssssssssss.

heytred said:
This conversation has most likely been had in here multiple times, but I haven't been lurking as much lately... so - how do you guys feel about Feral Flare?

I've played quite a few games running Flare in the jungle and the only games where I have been "shut down" were games in which I was successfully counter jungled early or harshly denied counter jungling opportunities. I commonly hear complaints that Feral Flare is overpowered, but I've had relatively good success against it by using strong early junglers (Xin Zhao, Elise, Vi) and either ganking early and often or spending a majority of my time counter jungling and counter ganking.

Where do you guys stand on it? I honestly don't think it needs a nerf and feel like it creates a more dynamic "lane" in the jungle where you are more directly playing against the other team's jungler - which is something I really enjoy.

After trying it out a few times, I think Wriggle's as opposed to Feral Flare is the bigger concern. The on-hit magic damage from Wriggle's is too high for an item that can be bought easily around <8 mins. Lowering it to ~80 from 100 and then having it go back up to 100 when it transforms into Feral Flare would make it healthier. The objective control it provides so early is too much. Combine that with the PBE nerf that requires 30 maim stacks in the transformation and I think it would be in a better place.

I also think Wriggle's might be too cost effective for the stats you get, but I'd like to see Riot reduce the on-it magic damage passive before lowering the item's stats or increasing its cost.

Neol

I have always seen Ori as a team comp pick rather than a carry pick. On her own she can't really do much but excels extremely well in team fights.

uQZWFLP.png
gonna start playing more annie now i think

csing with Q so easy

it helped that my lane matchup was akali of course

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Can you land Shockwave?

It takes practice predicting the enemy movement, and everyone are bound to miss a lot of ult the first few rounds. But don't let this stop you from trying ori, she is really fun and safe mid laner.

Yes she can carry, her burst is more than enough to kill an ad carry. Even if you are behind, she still had a lot of utilities.

Wat

Ez is like... One of the safest adcs

Ez is the Nidalee of ADCs.

Yes, it's easy to play him and just never die, by never actually engaging and never taking any chances, and generally just "contributing" from the maximum safe distance while using your abilities only to run away. Unfortunately, that's exactly why a lot of people choose both champions, and why a lot of people hate both champions.

But when you see somehow who's actually good with those champions and has good judgment on them, you start to understand a little bit why someone would like them. Like Faker's Nidalee, or Imp's Ezreal.

(But then you see dade's Nidalee or Woong's Ezreal and you're right back to hating them.)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So normal tank stuff like Randuins? Still building Ancient Golem as your Spirit item?
I'm not a huge Randuins person. Still go Ancient Golem. I like stuff like Thornmail, Warmogs, Banshee/Spirit Visage, Guise. I need to test more stuff but Glacial Shroud and the items it builds into seem strong with the new recipes and costs on her. I've still been building a lot of Sunfire too.

brian!

it doesn't really fit the way I play, I think? I'm not really sure, I mean, like you I only ever do ok with it if I play normally instead of focusing on jungle farm, using it as a later boost. mainly with xin zhao who, like you said, has a really good early game that u probably shouldn't squander.

I still have more success playing old super strong jungle doods like elise or lee; I really dislike farming and watching my lanes lose because I'm not contributing anything besides mining exp and gold. If we are talking about the competitive meta, I don't think feral needs a nerf at all.

oh yo, I totally misread your post

zkylon

zkylewd
ziggs is a weird one

imo one of the most broken champions in mid and can definitely still carry since he's impossible to fuck up and even if your team's losing you can stall the game forever with almost infinite waveclear even if you don't have blue buff, but he's got so very few tools to actually make plays and win the game himself. like i guess you can get a good satchel charge knockup against a wall? but how often does that happen in a game?

i like to play him sometimes to like counter a lebonk or something, but even when i get like two kills on her and clear enemy pushes on other lanes to prevent them from getting the turrets killed and all that shit i still regret picking him mid game cos i'm forced to watch my team make plays for me while i just randomly throw stuff

at least with nida i can just use red trinket on a brush and camp blue buff or something and javelin->cat form and eat people, and her javelins actually deal a shit ton of damage.

but yea ziggs is freelo because he's impossible to mess up. i only play him now because grago got nerfed and i need someone broken to deal with lebonk.

Can Ori carry? Not sure if it's worth the #grind to get 6300 IP.
yea, totes

she can still win lane against pretty much everyone in the game if played right, scales really well, has a lot of utility to help your adc when he gets dove, and can turn fights with a good combo

she's been my go-to mid through s3 and s4 (got like 30 games on her) so far and hasn't failed me

but you gotta land your shockwaves. few champs in the game rely so much on a single spell as ori, but she's so much fun!

also try to avoid wombo-combo comps because people will fuck them up. like if you're first pick and go orianna you may bait your team into picking like a jarvan+malphite+leona or something, everyone wanting to get your ball and combo people up and that's just a bad way to play with ori since people by now that's what you're planning to do. like they'll all dive their backline with their low dmg champions thinking IMMA GET THE BALL AND ITS GON BE GR8! leaving you and your adc to die and when everyone flashes out of your shockwave then it's every man on his own

i find it's usually much better to leave the ball hanging and and poke and let people run into it mid fight, or use it to catch a single guy that's overextended. i've had people whine to me about "wasting" shockwave on a single guy but it's the adc and we got a free turret and a dragon out of it, so you tell me if it was a waste :p

I have always seen Ori as a team comp pick rather than a carry pick. On her own she can't really do much but excels extremely well in team fights.
actually she can do a lot on her own, people don't give her enough credit

she can even roam pretty effectively with blue buff+dissonance. like if you're blue side you just go top through tri brush and place the ball between them and their turret and they gotta eat shockwave or flash if they want to reach it :D

her laning is also really really strong, her level 4-6 has like kill potential on almost everyone if u know how to play her

Ziggs is like easy mode Orianna, role-wise.
i almost read this like you were saying ori was easy mode and was about to cry :3

Type2

ziggs is a weird one

imo one of the most broken champions in mid and can definitely still carry since he's impossible to fuck up and even if your team's losing you can stall the game forever with almost infinite waveclear even if you don't have blue buff, but he's got so very few tools to actually make plays and win the game himself. like i guess you can get a good satchel charge knockup against a wall? but how often does that happen in a game?

i like to play him sometimes to like counter a lebonk or something, but even when i get like two kills on her and clear enemy pushes on other lanes to prevent them from getting the turrets killed and all that shit i still regret picking him mid game cos i'm forced to watch my team make plays for me while i just randomly throw stuff

at least with nida i can just use red trinket on a brush and camp blue buff or something and javelin->cat form and eat people, and her javelins actually deal a shit ton of damage.

but yea ziggs is freelo because he's impossible to mess up. i only play him now because grago got nerfed and i need someone broken to deal with lebonk.

yea, totes

she can still win lane against pretty much everyone in the game if played right, scales really well, has a lot of utility to help your adc when he gets dove, and can turn fights with a good combo

she's been my go-to mid through s3 and s4 (got like 30 games on her) so far and hasn't failed me

but you gotta land your shockwaves. few champs in the game rely so much on a single spell as ori, but she's so much fun!

also try to avoid wombo-combo comps because people will fuck them up. like if you're first pick and go orianna you may bait your team into picking like a jarvan+malphite+leona or something, everyone wanting to get your ball and combo people up and that's just a bad way to play with ori since people by now that's what you're planning to do. like they'll all dive their backline with their low dmg champions thinking IMMA GET THE BALL AND ITS GON BE GR8! leaving you and your adc to die and when everyone flashes out of your shockwave then it's every man on his own

i find it's usually much better to leave the ball hanging and and poke and let people run into it mid fight, or use it to catch a single guy that's overextended. i've had people whine to me about "wasting" shockwave on a single guy but it's the adc and we got a free turret and a dragon out of it, so you tell me if it was a waste :p

actually she can do a lot on her own, people don't give her enough credit

she can even roam pretty effectively with blue buff+dissonance. like if you're blue side you just go top through tri brush and place the ball between them and their turret and they gotta eat shockwave or flash if they want to reach it :D

her laning is also really really strong, her level 4-6 has like kill potential on almost everyone if u know how to play her

i almost read this like you were saying ori was easy mode and was about to cry :3
Most of the time the best shockwaves you can land are the ones mid to late in a teamfight where you can actually take advantage of the damage and displacement. Having the threat of shockwaves for the whole fight also baits misplays from the enemy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom