• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

Not even bronze. Silver 2, and I can't carry the baddies on my team.

"its ur attitude". yeah. it's my fucking attitude everyone has died at least 2+ times.
At silver teamwork doesn't really matter. Doesn't matter at low gold much either. If you're a solo lane, just get splitpush the whole game after dominating your lane. If you're bot (make sure you duo) and you should win every teamfight if you did well in lane

Ferga

uP3xAaT.jpg

So this happened

. Q- Right click - AFK coffee break - come back for a triple kill

Kenai

At silver teamwork doesn't really matter. Doesn't matter at low gold much either. If you're a solo lane, just get splitpush the whole game after dominating your lane. If you're bot (make sure you duo) and you should win every teamfight if you did well in lane

I really wish i had a duo partner for bot lane (which I usually get). if i am support I have to hope my ADC will take advantage of my plays and focus on cs otherwise. if i am ADC I have to hope my support lets me farm. Neither happens as much as I'd like...top/mid get picked so often in ranked though, it's hard to expect either role.

Blizzard

Banned
Some games I do bad and some games I am just heartbroken.

Ranked game, the duo disconnects at the start, router powered off in lobby. So, another player gets master yi with AP runes, refuses to even help the remaining 2 of us get a blue buff so we can play, immediately disconnects, we get 2v5.

Solo thresh bot lane got first blood and a double kill. We were up 11 kills to 3 with 4v5, the other two filtered back in.

Despite the kill advantage, one of the duo (who were apparently brothers) continued to insult, complain, harass, and/or try to get everyone to surrender.

Despite our advantages and winning fights, people wouldn't group, one of the duo said they were done (again, they said this like 15 minutes before), and quit.

Despite the 3v5, we held on, defended even against baron pushing, got to our base, the brother said oh his brother is coming back.

The person who had disconnected came back, ran into lane, and stood in one spot until the other team killed him. They then asked the other team to win, while continuing to complain/harass.

It was just so sad that I actually had a decent/fun game, and EVEN WITH 4V5 we might have won, but there were literally 2 people intentionally afk, feeding, going "I just want 2 lose" etc., or whatnot. Why people do this in ranked instead of normals, I have no idea. Will any reports do anything to them? Who knows! The text thing before the match said 280,000 people have been helped by the tribunal.

zkylon

zkylewd
OMG DAT ANGUS GUY IS AMZING

HE LIKE SAVES POROS AND PUTS MUSTACHIOS ON EM AND SHIT

here's my kit idea: his q gives him a shield that absorbs all shots that go through it yasuo wall style (something like this seems to be kind of obvious). it works like lucian ult so it's gotta be in the direction his shield is pointing. after the shield breaks, a time passes or you q again your next autoattack deals bonus damage based on the damage blocked. he also has like a untargeted-dash move he can use while blocking, again like lucian ult style. dash also maybe knocks people away

he has a grapple move somewhere

that's all i got

Twitch VU, SKT skins, Syndra and Rengar skins, Feral Flare nerf
man i'm so gonna be weak and buy that syndra skin

i hate myself

also im drunk

ask me anything

Kenai

OMG DAT ANGUS GUY IS AMZING

HE LIKE SAVES POROS AND PUTS MUSTACHIOS ON EM AND SHIT

here's my kit idea: his q gives him a shield that absorbs all shots that go through it yasuo wall style (something like this seems to be kind of obvious). it works like lucian ult so it's gotta be in the direction his shield is pointing. after the shield breaks, a time passes or you q again your next autoattack deals bonus damage based on the damage blocked. he also has like a untargeted-dash move he can use while blocking, again like lucian ult style. dash also maybe knocks people away

I am pretty excited for him too. Funnily enough this type of character would seem boring for a top lane-style kit but as a support it seems fresh n new to me. Weird huh?

My kit idea based on that terrible and yet amazing comic:

Passive: Stache Buddies

Defense bonus if nearby allied champion as been attacked recently (I'm thinking like Graves but doesn't work when solo, only with buddies around who are hurting)

Q: Man Up!

When used on an allied champion, restores some HP and removes any crowd control effects on them. When used on an enemy champion, deals damage and knocks them forward/turns them toward you.

W: Bastion

Passive: Defense bonus against "ranged" basic attacks and abilities.

Active: Block all missile and ranged abilities and attacks from passing through him, but must be facing them (think like a Cover ability).

E: Shield Smack/Shield Lob

Swings shield, knocking foes away in an arc in front of him (think Syndra E). If held down and charged, he will lob the shield instead.

I am trying real hard to think of an ult but I got nothing.

I am pretty excited for him too. Funnily enough this type of character would seem boring for a top lane-style kit but as a support it seems fresh n new to me. Weird huh?

My kit idea based on that terrible and yet amazing comic:

Passive: Stache Buddies

Defense bonus if nearby allied champion as been attacked recently (I'm thinking like Graves but doesn't work when solo, only with buddies around who are hurting)

Q: Man Up!

When used on an allied champion, restores some HP and removes any crowd control effects on them. When used on an enemy champion, deals damage and knocks them forward/turns them toward you.

W: Bastion

Passive: Defense bonus against "ranged" basic attacks and abilities.

Active: Block all missile and ranged abilities and attacks from passing through him, but must be facing them (think like a Cover ability).

E: Shield Smack/Shield Lob

Swings shield, knocking foes away in an arc in front of him (think Syndra E). If held down and charged, he will lob the shield instead.

I am trying real hard to think of an ult but I got nothing.

If the guy in the video/teaser is the new champion it's gonna be awesome. I'm so hyped already.

If the guy in the video/teaser is the new champion it's gonna be awesome. I'm so hyped already.

yes, it is indeed the new champ.

he's a support, his name is Braum, created by Riot Wrekz (his first champion) and he's apparently really strong. Seen quite a few Rioters saying they're always playing the new champ in internal tests because of how fun it is to play.

4.6 patch is on the 22nd, so once that's live I expect to see him in the following PBE patch, most likely on Friday the 25th.

yes, it is indeed the new champ.

he's a support, his name is Braum, created by Riot Wrekz (his first champion) and he's apparently really strong. Seen quite a few Rioters saying they're always playing the new champ in internal tests because of how fun it is to play.

4.6 patch is on the 22nd, so once that's live I expect to see him in the following PBE patch, most likely on Friday the 25th.

Thanks for the bunch of info!

Looks pretty neat.

I'm gonna save up IP for him. Maybe a good time for me to move back to supporting :)

New Feral Flare Yi is so good. I've been banning him if I don't intend to play him.

Last game I had the flare upgrade by min 14 and was still 3/0.

At what timing should one get Feral flare for the item to be effective?

With Trundle I get FF around 20min... is that acceptable?

garath

I have no idea what's acceptable or not to be honest lol. I don't have that many feral flare games under my belt. Yi clears stupidly fast so that's a huge advantage for him and the stacks. Trundle won't clear nearly as fast.

Shyvana would probably be another that stacks it up very quickly.

The earlier the better of course. It's a big spike in power if you get it that early.

Talents

Banned
I have no idea what's acceptable or not to be honest lol. I don't have that many feral flare games under my belt. Yi clears stupidly fast so that's a huge advantage for him and the stacks. Trundle won't clear nearly as fast.

The earlier the better of course. It's a big spike in power if you get it that early.

Shyvanna's ridiculous with FF. My friend tried it out the other day and went like 26/3 or something.

I never played Yi much but it sure feels like I should now.

Gotta try it tomorrow morning ^_^

Anyone tried Intermediate bots? I noticed a significant improvement especially with their aggression in lane. They aren't as aggressive as they could be, and I think they bumped up the gold generation a bit? Bots have full builds at ~30mins. Once, when I planted a warded on the tribush I saw Malphite waitingthere to ambush me.

jerd

With Shyvana I can get it in about 11-12 min and Udyr and Noc take me about 14 to get to it. Keep in mind though that is pretty much just straight power farming with maybe one or two easy ganks mixed in. Also the fact that Trundle doesn't have near the clear speed of any of those champs. I would say that it would take some calculating to see what speed still makes it more efficient than other items, but 20 minutes seems pretty late for the item to really work its magic.

With Shyvana I can get it in about 11-12 min and Udyr and Noc take me about 14 to get to it. Keep in mind though that is pretty much just straight power farming with maybe one or two easy ganks mixed in. Also the fact that Trundle doesn't have near the clear speed of any of those champs. I would say that it would take some calculating to see what speed still makes it more efficient than other items, but 20 minutes seems pretty late for the item to really work its magic.

Thanks it gives me an idea of what I should expect/target.

Unrelated but I had to post that OGN gif:
tumblr_n48cw5r9hG1qjluivo1_500.gif

Bacon

For the feral flare, are people farming hard until wriggles evolves and then ganking lanes after that, or do you typically continue farming?

Snowman

For the feral flare, are people farming hard until wriggles evolves and then ganking lanes after that, or do you typically continue farming?

you should still be ganking lanes even while farming it up, at least a little bit, just try your best not to waste time, farm on the way to lanes etc.

garath

you should still be ganking lanes even while farming it up, at least a little bit, just try your best not to waste time, farm on the way to lanes etc.

^^

Jungling is about efficiency. Doesn't matter if you have a spirit item or wriggles, you should always be doing something - farming, ganking, securing objectives. Don't waste time. Feral flare doesn't change that, it just makes it more vital to get that early power spike by stacking flare.

Don't ignore lanes, sniff out the counter ganks or gank the easy lanes (hard CC laner/big damage) while you're working the camp rotation. If all lanes are winning, harass the enemy jungler.

Jeff-DSA

I don't get it. Why is the matchmaking so busted? If SO MANY people play this game, why can't there be more control between just putting people in the same division together? I'm still in Silver, but I'm almost always matched with 3-4 Bronze players who either troll, don't give a crap about winning, or are just so fundamentally inept that we have no chance of winning. The other team is still drawing more Silvers and Golds than anything else.

Gah, it's all enough to make me want to go back to StarCraft where winning and losing is my own dang fault.

Serious question for those who play ranked regularly...how in the world do you handle it and how do you manage to draw even teams and fair games? I just want fair games, even if I lose, I just want it to be a quality match.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
a players division doesn't really mean anything so you shouldn't bother worrying about it. your game might have bronze, silver and golds but if you're all in the game together you're all relatively close to each other and skill so focusing on their rank just ends up being an excuse.

really only pay attention to rank if there is a duo queue, then punish the weaker one or help your stronger one.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone tried Intermediate bots? I noticed a significant improvement especially with their aggression in lane. They aren't as aggressive as they could be, and I think they bumped up the gold generation a bit? Bots have full builds at ~30mins. Once, when I planted a warded on the tribush I saw Malphite waitingthere to ambush me.

They're dumb as dirt. We did one the other day, we eventually just had schmatt 1v5 their entire team. Unless riot can make it so they're not completely free kills in lane, they're going to be joke.

Snowman

Just got into my promos for plat 1, super hyped to play them but I'm going out tonight so they'll have to wait for tomorrow, bleh.

So close to diamond I can practically taste it.

Jeff-DSA

So I figured xin would be powerful when flare was released, so I snagged him. And yep he is powerful, so much that he's banned all the time and I can't even play him. Waste of IP!

I've seen him once, and he was a monster. Luckily he was on my team...

Jeff-DSA

Sigh. Our Jax built 3 damage items and no tankyness and our Lee Sin at Sword of the Occult with no stacks for the longest time.

In my last match last night my support didn't buy a single ward. And then he'd type, "dat yolo swag!" and run headlong into a death. Over and over and over. We lost. Pisses me off.

Blizzard

Banned
AI improvements are good, but I'm not happy if they bumped up the free item rate. Cheating can make fights more difficult but not necessarily more fun. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom