• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I would guess that pink wards in particular are something you don't want to use by accident, and not even something you want to use very quickly. If you are against a team with Twitch or Akali then it might be different.

Mr.Ock

Hey guys!
I've been playing leeg for a bit now (level 10 lol), and I've been following this thread, it's very amusing to read :D
Now, a question. I usually play midlane, and my biggest problem is dealing with ranged champs when I'm melee. Like, if I'm Akali (waifu) against say, a Ziggs, how do I avoid to get harassed to hell and back? (at least pre-6, then I can try to catch him when he's low on mana and blow him) I can't even farm properly in these situations :(

zkylon

zkylewd
unfortunately for you, melee champions and akali specially struggle in midlane when put against poke mages. you should try to get a lot of potions to sustain in lane (say boots+4 pots start on akali? is that a thing) or you can get doran's shield if you feel you're gonna get poked by auto attacks a lot (say you're against orianna or nidalee).

reality is, you'll have to give up cs if you're playing akali. use shroud and get as many as you can, weaken up a bunch of caster minions with q and basic attacks, shroud around you and then kill them with e and autoattacks (remember shroud gives you resistances). try to balance how many cs you don't get but don't fall too behind. you have to be patient, if you get poked out of lane you'll lose gold AND experience, so just stay in exp range and get to 6 however you can.

akali is not really a champion meant for blind pick, so a matchup like ziggs is really really bad for you. you gotta salvage what you can out of that laning phase, try to get to lvl 6 with some shred of life in you and try and make your move at 6.

Newt

Hey guys!
I've been playing leeg for a bit now (level 10 lol), and I've been following this thread, it's very amusing to read :D
Now, a question. I usually play midlane, and my biggest problem is dealing with ranged champs when I'm melee. Like, if I'm Akali (waifu) against say, a Ziggs, how do I avoid to get harassed to hell and back? (at least pre-6, then I can try to catch him when he's low on mana and blow him) I can't even farm properly in these situations :(
You win this round Kiunch...

For the guy that asked about Vi on the last page, here's some more stuff since I main her:

Vi's strengths:
very fast and safe farmer
great level 6 ganks
great in teamfights
scales into late game really well, although now with feral flame she doesn't quite match some of them

Vi's weaknesses:
very weak sticking power in ganks pre-6. She has one gap closer which is also her only proper form of cc other than red buff. She is not an Elise or Lee Sin who can chase the gank with many gap closers and their superior cc. This makes Vi quite bad at ganking top or bot early unless you have a lot of follow up (I really like playing Vi with a thresh on my team).

Generally I focus on farming a lot early, depending on the lane matchups. You can gank mid pretty well because you do a lot of burst damage with a q->auto->e->auto combo, which works well against the squishy mid champs, although to be honest in the current meta this might not work that well against the likes of heal soraka. Don't panic if you don't see any great early gank opportunities since you farm very fast and won't fall far behind just farming til 6.

After 6 your ganks are really easy and strong. I like to focus bot if I can since you kinda rely on your ult for great ganks and it's better to save it for when you can get two kills ganking bot instead of one on a solo lane.

If everything goes well the enemy adc will be behind when it comes to teamfights, although your mid laner could well be behind if they got aggressively camped. If they have an assassin mid, Vi is absolutely brilliant: just ult them when they dive in and they're effectively dead. Squishy carries like Yasuo or Riven in particular just get wrecked by Vi.

zkylon

zkylewd
after that game i kinda want to try support velkoz

but i was gonna buy karma :/

and i want to buy poro man :/

why can't rito allow me to get all the supports

Mr.Ock

unfortunately for you, melee champions and akali specially struggle in midlane when put against poke mages. you should try to get a lot of potions to sustain in lane (say boots+4 pots start on akali? is that a thing) or you can get doran's shield if you feel you're gonna get poked by auto attacks a lot (say you're against orianna or nidalee).

reality is, you'll have to give up cs if you're playing akali. use shroud and get as many as you can, weaken up a bunch of caster minions with q and basic attacks, shroud around you and then kill them with e and autoattacks (remember shroud gives you resistances). try to balance how many cs you don't get but don't fall too behind. you have to be patient, if you get poked out of lane you'll lose gold AND experience, so just stay in exp range and get to 6 however you can.

akali is not really a champion meant for blind pick, so a matchup like ziggs is really really bad for you. you gotta salvage what you can out of that laning phase, try to get to lvl 6 with some shred of life in you and try and make your move at 6.

Thanks man, that was very informative. My next mid champ will be ranged though lol
I've cast my eyes upon Twisted Fate... I know he's rated as high skill cap but I didn't find him too bad when I tried him in free week. Yellow card+Q combo... anything else? I did even manage to gank one or two times using the teleport thingy

You win this round Kiunch...

Let's be real though. The true waifu is Riven, no contest. You like her, or do you only have space for Draven in your heart? :D

after that game i kinda want to try support velkoz

but i was gonna buy karma :/

and i want to buy poro man :/

why can't rito allow me to get all the supports

I feel you. i'm in a similar situation except I wanted Noc for jungling instead Karma...

WHy IP is so slow to get?

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks man, that was very informative. My next mid champ will be ranged though lol
I've cast my eyes upon Twisted Fate... I know he's rated as high skill cap but I didn't find him too bad when I tried him in free week. Yellow card+Q combo... anything else? I did even manage to gank one or two times using the teleport thingy
he's not that mechanically complex with the exception of not fucking up the cards, but he requires good map awareness and loses lane about pretty much everyone.

but he's a lot of fun, i never got too confident with him but if you can get dem gold cards without spinning 3 times then you're set.

I feel you. i'm in a similar situation except I wanted Noc for jungling instead Karma...

WHy IP is so slow to get?
yeah, the rune sale thingie foiled all my plans too, ended up spending like 8k on runes

and at this rate i'll never buy fizz :/

Mr.Ock

he's not that mechanically complex with the exception of not fucking up the cards, but he requires good map awareness and loses lane about pretty much everyone.

but he's a lot of fun, i never got too confident with him but if you can get dem gold cards without spinning 3 times then you're set.

Nice... I've got zkylon now, who needs lol wikia? :3 Thank you!

I saw her first.

Iwannaseethereceipts.webm

Nev

Banned

Don't worry, it's not you. There's little you can do in lane against Ziggs with any champion, melee or ranged. The hyper-safe harrass/farming is strong with that fucker.

Has warwick always been be that good?
Or is it just a Feral Flare thing?

Well... anyway gotta play the hell out of him before it's too late

Mr.Ock

Don't worry, it's not you. There's little you can do in lane against Ziggs with any champion, melee or ranged. The hyper-safe harrass/farming is strong with that fucker.

Yeah I hated that little fucker since before making an account. Case in point, my summoner name is NotZiggs (EUW if you wanna play some games together guys but I feel I'm still too low of a level)

Ocho

im watching krepo's stream and he has his pink wards on 7 and its driving me NUTS

how can you even live with having an active item on anything other than 1-3

I wouldn't consider a ward an 'active' like Locket, etc. I move them back to 7 most of the times because I don't want to accidentally use a ward, especially pinks.

I wouldn't consider a ward an 'active' like Locket, etc. I move them back to 7 most of the times because I don't want to accidentally use a ward, especially pinks.

Eh, I guess. Still kind of an inconvenience for me to fumble for 7 instead of just hitting 2. Especially during a teamfight or something againt akali or kha or rengar or something.

Nekofrog

Banned
With my razor naga, it makes those number activates really easy. 1 & 2 dependent on my role (support, 1 = coin or face of the mountain, 2 mikaels) (adc 1 = bork) (tank 1 if bork, if no bork then randuins).

green wards = always 3, pink wards always 6, trinket 4

tibbahs said:
1293819836769.png

VE1iL.jpg

Mothman91

Lmao at that Tryn one.
Edit: just saw that Lucian went 12-1 the last 2 days in LCS...pretty sure we can either expect other ADC buffs(lol) or him getting some nerfs.

I would like them to tone down on the nerfs and just buff the other ADCs but you know how riot does their thing.

Mr.Ock

You can refer to me as the anti-waifu.

I will, Newt senpai

Now, I don't know if it's because I'm a noob (probably is) but seriously how stupid is Nidalee? I was laning against her with my newly acquired TF (Don't mind if I do!) , and buying Banshee's Veil slightly improved the situation, but still damn, those spears!

Lmao at that Tryn one.
Edit: just saw that Lucian went 12-1 the last 2 days in LCS...pretty sure we can either expect other ADC buffs(lol) or him getting some nerfs.

I would like them to tone down on the nerfs and just buff the other ADCs but you know how riot does their thing.

My problem with Lucian: he's an utterly safe pick because of E and his very strong passive. How often do trades in lane last longer than his rotation? His passive also somewhat lets him bypass ASPD reduction. He's one of the better ADCs pushers and tower killers too.

Make his passive scale with level or something (10->50%). Or dial down his base and growth ASPD.

tm24

Played against a WW who went Ancient Golem instead of FF and built Sunfire instead of SV. Claimed he was G3 and on an alt. Preceded to blast his team in all chat. After i called him out on his build, he preceded to call me a tranny. It was the weirdest insult ever.

Enemy LB also built Morello's and Zhonya first, Enemy trist went flash/TP. Enemy Blitz ended up with the most gold. Such a confusing match

DeadNames

Banned
It's amazing what curse voice can do. I ran into a dude who had it, claiming he was a plat smurf. He was jungle and completely threw our nidalees lane.

But you know what? I didn't get mad even though me and ezreal completely dominated bot lane.

clemenx

Banned
Hi guys :3 Been reading this thread it's a very good comunity you guys have over here.

Any LAN players here? Feel free to add me Clemenx00. I'm still a lvl 27 and learning but I like to think I'm not bad at all for my level. Fizz is my fav champ and the only one I've been bothering to master... I should get good with another one as well lol but he's so fun.

ShinNL

Anyone feel like playing with a newbie like me (EU)? Lv18, still quite new to MOBAs in general, owner of Ahri & Nami.

Agkel

What runes should I be getting before the sale ends?

I currently have

Marks:
Armor pen
Magic pen
Hybrid pen
AS
AD

Seals:
Armor
MR scaling

Glyphs:
AP
AP scaling
MR
MR scaling
Cooldown red

Quints:
Armor Pen
AP
AD
AS
LS
G per
MS
Spellvamp

I mostly jungle and I had been playing aram mostly until team builder got here. I started jungling again but then the rune patch came and Ive been kind of waiting to see what the changes meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom