• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm24

Would like a curse voice key here too

So im trying to decide on adding another top to my very limited top pool. I only really play renekton with a ryze i've been working on, so im not sure if i should grab shyv or trundle next.

Ferrio

Banned
Would like a curse voice key here too

So im trying to decide on adding another top to my very limited top pool. I only really play renekton with a ryze i've been working on, so im not sure if i should grab shyv or trundle next.

sent

drawkcaB

That's perfect

Hell, we should just start OT7 now before we forget it.

Played two games of jungle Wukong for the first time. First game went badly; I don't know why I bother to start blue buff on purple side anymore. It's just an invitation to get either invaded at blue or counterjungled at red. Every. Damn. Time. Gonna start asking support to drop their trinket at blue and start red. Second game went much better, actually got a feel for what Wukong can do even though I made quite a few mistakes. He reminds me a lot of Xin, at least that's how I played him. Not sure if that's something I need, although I really don't have any champions in my current pool that fit AoE team compositions. W into E ganks are stronger than I thought they'd be, though all my lanes in the second game had lots of CC.

tm24 said:
But yeah, trundle and shyv. How do they fair against renekton in lane?

I *think* both have a bit of trouble vs. Renekton to start, Shyvana moreso. If you can manage the lane well both will get tanky enough that Renekton can't kill them alone (and vice versa). As the game goes on, Shyvana will outscale Renekton in damage (particularly AoE) and Trundle can make Renekton a wet noodle in teamfights.

I could be completely wrong though. Top is my least favorite and least knowledgeable lane by far.

Repgnar

just to make it clear, cause a lot of people seem confused
crs voice does not give buff timers, and it only gives dragon and baron timers if you have seen them being taken.

u need a key tho? + we all know fallen has crazy respect for xpecial

If you have an extra key I would try it out for sure. Not sure why I put buff timers. Out of everything the 'add-on' can do that's the least I care about since the buffs are pretty easy to keep track of anyways with timestamps enabled. I meant to say ultimates since you can't get an idea of someone's ult unless you're tracking it yourself(even then you're only getting a rough estimate with CDR and how much knowledge that would take) or you ask which takes more time. The voice and ult timers is what I meant to say.

Boken

Banned
its disappointing that the last 2 pages have just been ppl asking for curse voice

dat thing is toxic

n dear gaf, why arent there any top laners up in here

Leezard

The way I see it, I don't want to use it but consider a situation in solo queue where the other team uses it and my team doesn't. The disadvantage is obvious.

I'll wait til we have a more clear stance for rito I think though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The way I see it, I don't want to use it but consider a situation in solo queue where the other team uses it and my team doesn't. The disadvantage is obvious.

I'll wait til we have a more clear stance for rito I think though.
They explicitly said they were cool with Curse Voice.

Leezard

They explicitly said they were cool with Curse Voice.

Thanks.

Oh well, that's it I guess then. The floodgates have been opened.

I'm slightly sad as I had good control over drake/baron but this will let me do it without scrolling in chat so eh.

Just had a great comeback win as Vi jungle. Their nocturne jungle started 12-1 and was just dumpstering our team but we managed to claw it back and eventually me, our Yasuo mid, and our Irelia top all managed to get fed.

Was pretty weird how we sort of outscaled them when they had a feral flare nocturne, a nasus, and a vayne. Especially given our all ad comp.

Despite that comeback late I'm sort of feeling like Vi jungle is just not that strong in the feral flare meta. She doesn't have the elise or lee sin early pressure to make up for the lack of a flare. I mean sure you're still great late but it's just not the same.

MaxiLive

Curse Voice seems strange though, the whole voice comms stuff is great and all but keeping timers and such seems a little off?

Hopefully this doesn't open the floodgates for crazy 3rd party plugins such as skill overlays, UI edits, macros, texture changes etc.

I doubt Curse Voice will take off or be used that much by the common LoL gamer but for anyone being competitive on random games it may be a must at some point (unless you are already really good at keeping timers etc :D).

My issue is that it might end up becoming a must for everyone to use. Like, you're at a disadvantage if you're the only one who doesn't use it for the timers. Either Riot implement timers for everyone, or just ban it. It makes timing both buffs and ults very trivial. You can't really argue it doesn't bring any advantage because people want it for that advantage.

If it ever becomes a must, then why not ban it like Wintermint? Riot didn't like the idea that they can eventually lose some control because everyone would be using some third party software that does things better.

Leezard

The dragon and baron timers are not the end of the world though, curse voice can't time it if it's taken in the fog, no? It's easy for a human player to time it despite if it's taken in the fog, as long as you are aware of them doing it.

The ultimates timer is more of a help than drake/baron.

Mr.Ock

Since he's free this week I'm trying to get somewhere with Zed (I like challenges). What are the basic combos? Any other cool shit I can do with him? He looks so much fun :)
Uh, and how do I build him? My only guess is full AD

I used to top a lot but I'm way out of practice cos I didn't bother with the League of tanks. I'm also not NA.

I miss the days of Elise top. I was in my element.

zkylon

zkylewd
Since he's free this week I'm trying to get somewhere with Zed (I like challenges). What are the basic combos? Any other cool shit I can do with him? He looks so much fun :)

i'm really bad at zed but...

skill order r>q>e>w

try to build cutlass then brutalizer, then finish bjork then you can get like last whisper or black cleaver. i think some people build hydra on him too. get something defensive at one point. like ga or banshees

you can harrass by throwing shadow towards people and e for the slow then get in range and get a double q (like your q and your shadow's) for lots of damage.

ult is basically pressing all the buttons, try to get an autoattack or two off, try to use bjork on them and ignite them, then ult back. if you see a shuriken over their heads that means your ult will kill them (tho they might still live if they like use barrier or something)

Boken

Banned
There's a how to play Zed Web series on YouTube that's pretty good, check it out!

As a general thing, just try to remember where your clones are every time you cast them. This will really unlock your ability to do cool stuff with him

zkylon

zkylewd
I used to top a lot but I'm way out of practice cos I didn't bother with the League of tanks. I'm also not NA.

I miss the days of Elise top. I was in my element.

yea i miss top elise too

it was really hit or miss for me, like some games i'd get mega fed and some games i'd fail a billion last hits and be miserable all game long but it was fun

So build wise you generally want botrk>brutalizer>last whisper>cleaver>defensive item>hydra.

Basically you're an ad caster but you want botrk for split pushing + the active.

In lane you can harass by casting your shadow on top of the enemy, then hitting them with a double q and e. If they use a skillshot you can then dodge it by swapping with your shadow.

For assassinating a carry, you essentially ult them, put a shadow behind them, spam your damage (auto/q/e/ignite/botrk/hydra) chasing after them and autoing them using your shadow and flash, then when you've done most of their hp in damage you press r again to swap back to your original position.

Sadly Zed is pretty weak in this meta with heal being so strong but when the next patch hits he should start to be viable again.

zkylon

zkylewd
There's a how to play Zed Web series on YouTube that's pretty good, check it out!

As a general thing, just try to remember where your clones are every time you cast them. This will really unlock your ability to do cool stuff with him

got a link brah?

The reason Zed's pretty weak these days is less to do with heal and more to do with exhaust.

50% damage reduction OP
yup

funny enough, zed's burst is so balanced that he's actually countered by the spell meant to counter him

no such luck with lebonk :p

he's still strong, you just gotta be even smarter than before

also i think a lot of midlaners are gonna run exhaust now, i really think they should've up nerfed it a bit to maybe 40-40. i like exhaust in mid but i think 50% is a bit too stronk.

I still don't like the speed nerfs to his abilities, but the changes to Zed's ult were really for the better and open up so many plays (tower dives).

Zed is fine. His strengths are still there, he's still a really good laner that can farm safely. If you get Exhausted mid ult you can always bail out and try again in 2 minutes.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Quality seems to be worse, but the UI is much better.
i think its much better for small groups.

but for inhouses and stuff, we need the giant mumble room for a 10 man convo. [voice might even be limited to 5 per room for all i know.]

garath

The dragon and baron timers are not the end of the world though, curse voice can't time it if it's taken in the fog, no? It's easy for a human player to time it despite if it's taken in the fog, as long as you are aware of them doing it.

The ultimates timer is more of a help than drake/baron.

For a minute I thought it recorded time even if it was done in fog of war but I was incorrect. If it dies without vision, when you pass the pit it just shows DEAD on the timer.

So yeah. It's only information you would have yourself at least for baron and dragon. I have no idea how one would track ultimate timers without curse voice though.

It does kind of suck because dragon control is one of the things that separates good junglers in gold. Now it's going to be more about ward control than timing. Which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing. Clear that dragon ward and kill the dragon and the people completely reliant on curse voice will fail to recognize when it's up next.

So yeah. It's only information you would have yourself at least for baron and dragon. I have no idea how one would track ultimate timers without curse voice though.

Well with the green dots you already had the information though not the exact time.

I don't think it gives much but it helps people like me that don't usually chat with teammates. In an ideal world it's only an information you would ask over Skype or something.

Edit: I feel like they completely killed Feral Flare :'( 30 kills will take too much time to be a useful item on most junglers

Leezard

For a minute I thought it recorded time even if it was done in fog of war but I was incorrect. If it dies without vision, when you pass the pit it just shows DEAD on the timer.

It does kind of suck because dragon control is one of the things that separates good junglers in gold. Now it's going to be more about ward control than timing. Which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing. Clear that dragon ward and kill the dragon and the people completely reliant on curse voice will fail to recognize when it's up next.
Tracking ults are way too much of a hassle except for high-impact long cooldown ults like shen ult/tf ult indeed.

People might get the good habit of using a pink when doing drake/baron so it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom