• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soda what you do think you should max first? I'm assuming W, right?

edit: I'm watching some dude play him on twitch and I feel like I wouldn't want to play him if I was laning with, say, a jinx that had zero dashes. Graves, Lucian, Cait for sure though. I'd also probably want another dash/gapclose on the team. But I guess he's more focused on peeling than initiating.

Kenai

I like the new Twitch very much. Just the right amount of crazy, menace, and silly.

I don't really like his baseline splash very much though.

You should keep looking.

Aye, seems like they made sure he was much weaker without a lane partner (kinda like Nami). i don't mind though, he seems fun enough.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm it's hard to say what you'd rank

i'm guessing r > w > q > e

seems like ranking e is a lot better than q since slow doesn't scale but you need some way of dealing damage with this dude, plus you want the low cd to get a ranged stack off since i feel like you won't be getting too many autos in

like e seems super dumb. it's like a mini-alistar ult with a downtime of only 2 seconds at max rank with 40% cdr. it's also a windwall lol

this dude's a monster lategame, we're lucky he doesn't deal any damage lol

New Sunfire particles look weird.

Also the new Liss skin is kinda cool in-game. But they'll probably give her a horrible splash art like her release skins so

Blizzard

Banned
I am saddened by league of legends. I got to promotions again, went 13/5/7 Xin jungle, but lost. I feel like YLA Rex's posts because of doing decently personally but losing. I no doubt made lots of mistakes though.

The high point was walking up to dragon, smiting dragon, and getting a triple kill almost by myself. The low point was the other team having lulu mid + annie support AP DFG + fed master yi + jinx.

In contrast to the annie + jinx damage, we had nami and twisted fate, and the AD twisted fate was not a shining success. =( I guess they didn't even level Q. There was one point where a Q might have killed a low health jinx running away, but instead twisted fate chased into the jungle for a while to try to get into melee range, and naturally died to jinx W etc.

Side note, feral flare was patched to 30 monsters, but the buff icon tooltip still says 25. I was all happy it wasn't changed yet then nope, tooltip trolled.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
In contrast to the annie + jinx damage, we had nami and twisted fate, and the AD twisted fate was not a shining success. =( I guess they didn't even level Q. There was one point where a Q might have killed a low health jinx running away, but instead twisted fate chased into the jungle for a while to try to get into melee range, and naturally died to jinx W etc.

me and newt played against a teemo+leona. it went about as well for them as you can imagine.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Soda what you do think you should max first? I'm assuming W, right?
I don't think he gets a lot out of leveling most of his abilities. Maybe that means there's more flexibility, I dunno. Maxing W only lowers the cooldown from 14 to 10, and only provides ten extra armor and magic resistance, so I would probably max that last.

I would guess most people max E first because you can lower the cooldown from 18 to 10, but the benefits he gets to the actual ability are pretty minimal.

Probably R > E > Q > W, dunno really though. I could see lanes where maxing Q first is better.
I almost kinda feel like you should build alacrity boots or take ghost on Braun so you can keep your shield up while retreating and not get caught.
It doesn't stop CC. He'll just get wrecked.

zkylon

zkylewd
the armor scaling from w also scales with ranks from 14-20% (bonus)

hmm, yea, maybe you're right and it could be maxing e first. like no need for armor and mr if you're blocking all the damage in lane

Boken

Banned
q3RqcIF.png

Kawl_USC

PjvsfRY.png

So Lucian is fun. I've realized I should play only ADC after messing around with other roles for most of season 3 after hitting gold for a split second. Climbing up the silvers now. The Leona game was the second game of my series to Silver III where I was last pick. Only ranked lost in a while.

Before I got Lucian, I was on a similar tear with Sivir for a while, but after a patch or three ago felt like she was dominating less so I picked up Lucian and lo and behold the stomps continued.

Playing some 1v1 Braum in Howling Abyss. Was building Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Deathfire's Grasp, wasn't as bursting as I thought it would be.

I really like what they've done with Braum across the whole; probably my favorite new champion in quite some time. He might not have an easy time in lane but fuck it, his Lux-like positivity will cancel out any hardships.

Yo, Corki / Barum.

The mustache duo league deserves.
Hair grown out of his nostrils doesn't equal a moustache.

New Sunfire particles look weird.
Hopefully Riot changed the particles to further encourage people to not buy it anymore. You'd think the awful low-res flame sprites from before would've demotivated players already, but nope.

zkylon

zkylewd
^ yea his lux-ness is one of his bestest traits

also i gotta wonder why doesn't anyone on freljord were any actual clothes

like tryndamere, ashe, old sejuani and now braum

like don't this people realize it's cold in freljord

drawkcaB

^ yea his lux-ness is one of his bestest traits

also i gotta wonder why doesn't anyone on freljord were any actual clothes

like tryndamere, ashe, old sejuani and now braum

like don't this people realize it's cold in freljord

It's to show how tough they are (you can add Gragas to your no-clothes list, Olaf less so as well). Ugh, supah tough. Lissandra has clothes. Obviously the Frost Guard and the Watchers are the only sensible things up there.

Speaking of, the buffs to Gragas feel fantastic. E is without a doubt his best ability at level 1. Kinda surprised there's already a buff to his W on PBE. Rengar's early clears also feel a lot better and Riot cleaned up the jankiness from both champions very well.

(Whoever at Riot thought of making Gragas' W cost 0 mana so you could take swigs constantly to proc his passive is a genius)

I'm liking the of Braum, though I can't help but shake the feeling that Riot was compelled to add a poke just for the sake of a poke. Seeing the poke kinda felt out of place.

Ferga

Man, ive started to hate feral flare

Whenever i'm playing a spirit stone jungler or going against one, I just know the feral flare jungler will win the game in almost all the games.

I don't want to feel punished when I don't buy a feral flare :\

Maybe i'm just not in an elo where I can see the balance between the two items

Blizzard

Banned
Reading Ferga/Rex's posts and chatroom messages, I really am his evil (good?) twin from the northern hemisphere. I experience the same sort of anger, sadness, playing on tilt, and staying up to inhuman hours because I refuse to go to bed after losing 5 and just want to win one.

Just as Rex has dreamed of diamond for years, I dream of some day reaching gold.

Why we do this to ourselves, we may never know!

I just played Vi and bought feral flare because everyone buys it even though lizard is supposed to be better. The game went SO long I think I ended up with the 30 stacks plus an extra 25+. I don't know that it really helped, since in the end it would come down to whoever threw a teamfight. It might have been a fun game except 2 players were polite and 2 were raging lunatics. At least in the end it was a victory.

Snowman

You can never have too many Thresh counters. Seriously, I wonder why he hasn't become a 1st ban yet. The amount of utility and CC in his kit is ridiculous. Even if none of his moves did any damage, he'd still be a viable support.

I hear this said so much and it just isn't true at all, people love to over-exaggerate though i guess

Laning would be awful with him, you'd never win a trade, even with a good hook.. like, it would genuinely be really bad

Tizoc

Why are Kingpin and Medievil Twitch showing up as Unavailable for me and the game not giving me the option to unlock or buy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom