• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

I ask because I just won a match against 1 AP+4 AD team.
I was thinking of forgoing the tank option and make Wit+BoRK+Trinity on her then tank up with Randuin and Sunfire.
Was a rather easy game, our opposition couldn't take us down by the end, I managed to nab a few kills, made Bilgewater Cutlass then Trinity. Afterwards I started building for Randuin, before they surrendered =V

Not an Irelia player, but Wit's End on her is a bit more situational than BotRK. While on-hit and the attack speed are always nice on Irelia, you have to look at the MR and MR reduction passives to determine if Wit's End is worth picking up in a particular match.

So you were against a lone AP champion, and I assume that because you team had an easy time that that particular AP champion wasn't very fed. Is the stacking bonus MR on Wit's End worth it? Probably not. Also consider your own team. Do you have multiple sources of magic damage (e.g. AP mid and AP support who can deal solid damage like Karma, Annie, Zyra, etc.) and are they doing well? In that case Wit's End's MR reduction on-hit would benefit your team. Going TF/BotRK/Sunfire Cape would be better than TF/BotRK/Wits in that match.

If you're hell bent on damage item for Irelia against that composition, consider Ghostblade or Zephyr. Both offer CDR that will let you activate Hiten style more often and more movement speed and attack speed, and damage. Ghostblade's armor pen and crit chance will sync nicely Trinity Force while Zephyr's tenacity will let you pick up Ninja Tabis instead of Mercury Treads.

Not even Regi and Dyrus stepping up for him could help, RIP

Them stepping up for him is irrelevant. It's not that CLG drop him (then them stepping up for him would be useful), but rather he has lost all confidence in himself. The only person that can save him from this would be... himself.

It's not even a matter of skill anymore, it's a matter that he is mentally broken. If anything time is probably the best medicine for Nien. He needs to just step away from the toxicity that is League clear his head and make a decision if he wants to take another shot at bring a pro player.

I learned 2 things from this game.

Quinn is still hella fun mid. EUW servers are still hella fucked.

kOtgPCG.jpg

Tizoc

Not an Irelia player, but Wit's End on her is a bit more situational than BotRK. While on-hit and the attack speed are always nice on Irelia, you have to look at the MR and MR reduction passives to determine if Wit's End is worth picking up in a particular match.

So you were against a lone AP champion, and I assume that because you team had an easy time that that particular AP champion wasn't very fed. Is the stacking bonus MR on Wit's End worth it? Probably not. Also consider your own team. Do you have multiple sources of magic damage (e.g. AP mid and AP support who can deal solid damage like Karma, Annie, Zyra, etc.) and are they doing well? In that case Wit's End's MR reduction on-hit would benefit your team. Going TF/BotRK/Sunfire Cape would be better than TF/BotRK/Wits in that match.

If you're hell bent on damage item for Irelia against that composition, consider Ghostblade or Zephyr. Both offer CDR that will let you activate Hiten style more often and more movement speed and attack speed, and damage. Ghostblade's armor pen and crit chance will sync nicely Trinity Force while Zephyr's tenacity will let you pick up Ninja Tabis instead of Mercury Treads.

Got it thanks. Normally I just make BoRK+Trinity then tank up. An all offensive Irelia doesn't sound too bad but she does good damage with those 2 that the defensive items are intended to let her survive longer.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know much about the competitive scene, but I think someone mentioned them in an ARAM so they are probably famous.

We were doing ok, but then we stopped doing so well. An ARAM teammate was like "please no throw, no clg throw".

I did actually play gragas support right after the rework. It was questionably successful but then my support play has been rather suspect recently.

Basically I played sup gragas before it was cool. Do I get any hipster cred?

Leezard

I've been playing Nami into Thresh/Leona lanes without a care in the world today. They deal so little damage when you think about it, and have to try to do plays to avoid auto-losing lane. It's cute to see Leona desperately engage which results in free kills for us.

Lantern ganks are still crazy good though.

I've been playing Nami into Thresh/Leona lanes without a care in the world today. They deal so little damage when you think about it, and have to try to do plays to avoid auto-losing lane. It's cute to see Leona desperately engage which results in free kills for us.

Lantern ganks are still crazy good though.
Good man.

If you go back far enough you'll read me positing the near exact thing, and dare I say, the Nami Q is more terrifying than the Leo/Thresh equivalent? Thresh has to be a lot more cautious with his follow up due to being relatively weak, and it needs a strong Leo and/or ADC to make the most of her passive for the E>Q. When both of these scenarios play out all that happens is, A.) their ADC can't follow up because I've Q'd them or B.) I Q them, their ADC still isn't around and by time they roll up my ADC has been healed up and ploughing them down with the E buff.

The reason I love playing support is I know, premade bot aside, I can play my two mains and, with some confidence, expect to win. They go Leo/Thresh, NP. They go Annie, np, Zyra murder her pre and post 6, as well as pre and post Annie nerfs.

I feel sick.

Ferrio

Banned
ferrio, you've spent about 999 hours on League of Legends which means 42 days of your life.
You are 129685th on NA servers and 899456th in the world.

I'm curious how they arrive to that number.

Jeff-DSA

ferrio, you've spent about 999 hours on League of Legends which means 42 days of your life.
You are 129685th on NA servers and 899456th in the world.

I'm curious how they arrive to that number.

A co-worker told me that she read that it's in-game time only, so anything outside of actual matches is not tracked. That would push up the time for a lot of people quite a bit by just adding game queues or messing around with runes.

Leezard

Good man.

If you go back far enough you'll read me positing the near exact thing, and dare I say, the Nami Q is more terrifying than the Leo/Thresh equivalent? Thresh has to be a lot more cautious with his follow up due to being relatively weak, and it needs a strong Leo and/or ADC to make the most of her passive for the E>Q. When both of these scenarios play out all that happens is, A.) their ADC can't follow up because I've Q'd them or B.) I Q them, their ADC still isn't around and by time they roll up my ADC has been healed up and ploughing them down with the E buff.

The reason I love playing support is I know, premade bot aside, I can play my two mains and, with some confidence, expect to win. They go Leo/Thresh, NP. They go Annie, np, Zyra murder her pre and post 6, as well as pre and post Annie nerfs.

The bubble is potent, but it's definitely more risky and difficult to land than the cc from thresh/leona. I like to abuse their really bad level 1, since they can barely contribute to the lane at that level. Nami can outsustain many bot lanes.

Tizoc

Man most of my recent games as Irelia have ended in defeats mainly because the OTHER players were fucking up bad. I can do fine but when the other lanes are feeding by the 20th min. mark I would've made at least 1 main item and boots =_=.

zkylon

zkylewd
zkylon, you've spent about 1559 hours on League of Legends which means 65 days of your life.
You are 13967th on LAS servers and 421829th in the world.

sounds about right

I hope you reported her for cheating, since she didn't even have flash according to that scoreboard!
well she did say gg after the game was over so it's all forgiven

Einbroch

Banned
rofflescoffle , you've Spent about 1573 hours on League of Legends which means clustering 66 days of your life.
You are 64319th on NA servers and 412,809th in the world.

That's a lot lower than I thought it was. My WoW time was 90+ days.

Tizoc

Where are you guys getting your statics from?

Won a game with Blitzcrank. My tream was good and I managed to make enough gold to make a good build.
My first item with Blitz is always Ancient Coin. If I'm up against an AP+AD team I'd build Ninja Tabi along with Athene's Grail. Against an AD only/heavy team, I'd build the final form for AC, then tank up.

Snowman

started playing tf a lot the past couple days, decided it would be really cool to be a really good tf player now he's good again

nothing worse than ulting in and picking a blue card

Shinypogs

Just started playing last night, it's definitely going to take a while for me to adjust from playing Dota 2. At the moment the biggest struggle is just getting familiar with the main map layout itself and where everything is located on it. I don't know if the suggested items for each champion are actually optimal or outdated but for now they seem to be working just fine. Things have been fun if confusing at times so far.

How long should I do co-op vs the AI before moving into normal games?

brian!

you should just play coop until you think you know the mechanics (like right clicking) and the objective (like killing their base)
when I was playing there was no coop so it was just normal games and I think that was pretty good. if you lose a bunch you'll be with ppl in a similar position as you, watch out for smurfs tho

garath

Well as much as I like rengar, I don't think he's very solid in the jungle lately :( the nerfs to his damage with the rework was pretty severe. I don't like that I can't pop out of stealth with full stacks and nuke someone. I have to stack before stealthing. They've killed assassin rengar. The nerf to attack speed on the q hurts his clear time. The heal is pretty weak too :( it almost feels like I should be maxing W and building tank. Except he doesn't really have the utility except for the single skillshot bola.

I dunno. I'll give him some more time but I tries jax for the first time in the jungle and comparatively he was much better.

As a side note, I don't like the way they nerfed feral flare. Adding stacks and cost just makes the item more frustrating to use. I'd rather see them tone down the stack damage.

Shinypogs

Well those basics I understand since it's similar to other games. How league uses wards in the bushes and things like the special buff providing jungle creeps I'm still figuring out. I have no problem with AI games until I have it all sorted.

Camera is unlocked, I'll probably reserve smartcasting until I figure out who I want to play most often and have a good sense of feel for them and the range plus cast time of their skills.

TY for the swift responses and advice.

ALN1031

Well those basics I understand since it's similar to other games. How league uses wards in the bushes and things like the special buff providing jungle creeps I'm still figuring out. I have no problem with AI games until I have it all sorted.

Camera is unlocked, I'll probably reserve smartcasting until I figure out who I want to play most often and have a good sense of feel for them and the range plus cast time of their skills.

TY for the swift responses and advice.

Pro-tip, if you smartcast and turn on a setting called smart cast range indicators, you can hold the ability's button to show its range, releasing the key uses the skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom