• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ıpandaı, you've spent about 788 hours on League of Legends which means 33 days of your life.
You are 159505th on NA servers and 1129658th in the world.
woohoo, lowest yet!

Blizzard

Banned
This was quite the matchmaking. I hadn't even realized placement match people could end up in promotion games.

matchmakingajrux.png

I got to silver 2, got demoted. I might have gotten to promotion again, lost it. Promotion matches again? How about...2 of us in promotion, none of them in promotion. 2 of us unranked, none of them unranked.

Pantheon said they were only good with a few champions, first time ever trying pantheon in ranked. They had 27 CS in 20 minutes. Watching them autoattack I'm not even sure they really understood how that worked...like I wasn't upset, I just felt bad for them, like it was some child playing and getting beat up.

But, it would have been really nice to not have that in a promotion game, even given my own bad playing and record. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
This was quite the matchmaking. I hadn't even realized placement match people could end up in promotion games.

I got to silver 2, got demoted. I might have gotten to promotion again, lost it. Promotion matches again? How about...2 of us in promotion, none of them in promotion. 2 of us unranked, none of them unranked.

Pantheon said they were only good with a few champions, first time ever trying pantheon in ranked. They had 27 CS in 20 minutes. Watching them autoattack I'm not even sure they really understood how that worked...like I wasn't upset, I just felt bad for them, like it was some child playing and getting beat up.

But, it would have been really nice to not have that in a promotion game, even given my own bad playing and record. :p

what's so bad about that?

starting point for everyone is silver 5

Add that to the "ultra cool Ori skins Riot will never make" folder
yea...

Blizzard

Banned
what's so bad about that?

starting point for everyone is silver 5

yea...
Well specifically because of unusual cases like the 27 CS, 20-minute pantheon, where placement matches might have a chance of putting him in an appropriate elo, but if he turns up mid lane like he did, he can pretty much guarantee a promotion match loss. I'm fine with those people turning up in other ranked games.

In some sort of karma balance, the following promotion game was 40 kills to 10 in my team's favor, with a bronze-ranked Tristana going 20/1/5. We won.

kp3KmKU.jpg

boken you will always be appreciated

good bye friend

please opiate find it in your heart to free him from the deep dark purgatory he has found himself in

zkylon

zkylewd
Yea when I got the razer naga hex it took me a lil bit to get used to using mouse buttons for my items, but it shouldnt take you too long.
yea it's pretty cool for the left side button, i feel like i can get dfg off faster

right side button i don't see myself using tho, it's kind of hard to reach

zkylon

zkylewd
MonteCristo
‏@ggCMonteCristo
Also, we feel comfortable moving Link into the top lane for the right mid-laner. He has great versatility and can shot-call from any role.

clg is the stupidest team that ever existed

drawkcaB

As a side note, I don't like the way they nerfed feral flare. Adding stacks and cost just makes the item more frustrating to use. I'd rather see them tone down the stack damage.

I'm 100% opposite. Both nerfs are right on the mark. Increasing the stacks gives gang heavy SS junglers (i.e. the supposed counter strat) more time to apply lane pressure and Wriggle's was way too cost effective for what it did. Next up: maim bonus damage to monsters needs to be reduced (which Riot has already hinted at).

(Also, Rengar never was that great of a jungler)

Karakand

yup #freeboken2014

circlejerk too stronk

i'm done with that thread

Sorry to hear that, I enjoyed interacting with you there instead of just lurking this thread.

When the Boss gives you a couple of warnings you should probably take heed. #ProStrats

Also don't get mad about video games y'all. Please.

brian!

MonteCristo
‏@ggCMonteCristo
Also, we feel comfortable moving Link into the top lane for the right mid-laner. He has great versatility and can shot-call from any role.

clg is the stupidest team that ever existed

i mean while they probably would prefer not to, I don't really know the extent of options they have since the pool for top laners is kind of small.

Sorry to hear that, I enjoyed interacting with you there instead of just lurking this thread.

When the Boss gives you a couple of warnings you should probably take heed. #ProStrats

I don't know, it seems that boken was just saying that he felt tired of baseless potshots. Even though he sometimes resorts to doing the same in revenge, I can't really take it as anything besides an honest opinion of how he sees things. being on the receiving end of that, the last thing you'd want or should hear is people saying don't be mad, though I kinda doubt he was mad in the first place

Jeff-DSA

Ugh, diiiiiiicks. We were winning this game and all of a sudden they went into crazy "lucky" mode, catching us out, always narrowly escaping, and rotating like freakin' LCS champs. After the game they admitted that one of the guys on their team had a friend on Skype who jumped on to spectate and he just fed them info.

Pisses me off. MOBA communities are the worst.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ugh, diiiiiiicks. We were winning this game and all of a sudden they went into crazy "lucky" mode, catching us out, always narrowly escaping, and rotating like freakin' LCS champs. After the game they admitted that one of the guys on their team had a friend on Skype who jumped on to spectate and he just fed them info.

Pisses me off. MOBA communities are the worst.
Uh, there's a three minute delay. Pretty sweet info he was giving out.

With three minutes, the only thing you can give out on spectator are probably Teemo shrooms, or dragon/baron timer if you didn't get the time of its death. If it's the latter, if you didn't check the dragon/baron pits for three whole minutes to update your minimap then your team messed up.

Teemo shrooms are in obvious spots. There are too many of them to be worth pointing out via voice chat.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
kp3KmKU.jpg

boken you will always be appreciated

good bye friend

please opiate find it in your heart to free him from the deep dark purgatory he has found himself in

It is okay friend,

Boken will always be watching over us, defending us from those mean dota 2 players :(

WAzSuXa.jpg

I'm just going to leave this here.

Riot Games Latinamerica owes teams $8,400 USD in Prize Money

TL;DR: Riot Games Latin America owes professional teams $8,400 in prize money since December 2013. They ignore team's requests to collect their tournament winnings.

They also request:
  • Direct communication between the winner team and Riot Games, with the objective of getting all the bank info to deposit all the prizes. (Something they don't do currently)
  • Tentative payment dates and a payment deadline published in some way (email, forum)
  • Someone that all teams in the monthly finals of CDL know, who they can contact to solve any issue.

zkylon

zkylewd
i mean while they probably would prefer not to, I don't really know the extent of options they have since the pool for top laners is kind of small.
just import one like they did with dexter

spinners are fun and all and i find doublelift is a lot more likable when he's miserable but i fear the clg virus has already spread to montecristo and will some day reach my beloved doa

c'est la vie

people pushed it too far

you can't really have one of these threads, it was a nice try but eventually some doter will come and fuck it up

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
just import one like they did with dexter

spinners are fun and all and i find doublelift is a lot more likable when he's miserable but i fear the clg virus has already spread to montecristo and will some day reach my beloved doa

c'est la vie

people pushed it too far

you can't really have one of these threads, it was a nice try but eventually some doter will come and fuck it up

?

Boken is cool (I chat with him fairly regularly on Steam) but he brought it on himself.

He doesn't know when to dial it back.

That MOBA thread is just a shitheap of dumb. Like every LoL thread Dota fans show up to.

#freeboken2014

If you actually read the thread there is some good discussion in there. The last few pages have had a nice conversation about itemization between the two games. It's probably the most civil thread of its type I've seen on the internet.

zkylon

zkylewd
That MOBA thread is just a shitheap of dumb. Like every LoL thread Dota fans show up to.

#freeboken2014
pretty much

i can appreciate discussing the high and lows of both games but it gets tiring to get constantly shit on

like i hate fallout 3 with a passion and if you ask me what i think about it i'll say my piece but i won't go out of my way to grind people down every single time they mention it

Like, I'd love for a decent MOBA thread to exist where people can come in, post about the new things happening in their game and everyone can discuss how cool/bad it is as a collective.

However issues always arise where one crowd (practically always Dota 2 fans, but not always the case) gets super insecure about another game being more popular than theirs and it descends into potshots and vitriol, generally from people with very uninformed opinions. That thread was going fine for a while, but I read some of those posts and... fucking hell man.

Like boken posts dumb things and maybe says stuff the wrong way, but he generally tries to somewhat be a voice of reason in those threads. I dunno. I at least hope it's not permanent.

#freeboken2014

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Well specifically because of unusual cases like the 27 CS, 20-minute pantheon, where placement matches might have a chance of putting him in an appropriate elo, but if he turns up mid lane like he did, he can pretty much guarantee a promotion match loss. I'm fine with those people turning up in other ranked games.
yeah, but you yourself were also an outlier in that game. you are a silver 3 going on 2 in a game with silver 5's and 4's. your duo was also slightly stronger than their duo.

basically it was your job to carry like a champ and wreck top/bot/jungle.

zkylon

zkylewd
?

Boken is cool (I chat with him fairly regularly on Steam) but he brought it on himself.

He doesn't know when to dial it back.
it just works like that on every league thread

some doters have some weird insecurity issues with other people not liking their game better and will show up and try to talk down league on every fucking league thread, including the moba thread

it's frustrating to have to correct people that's purposely giving out misinformation and deal with their passive aggressive jabs every page

tbh it's our own fault for trying to have a conversation

Ferga

Yeah, I never got that whole thing with dota players talking down on league

See it everywhere and just cant fathom out why people try to change other people's game preferences. Like, I've never seen it at this degree before. It's not even one of those momentous things, it's been going on for 3-4 years.

I remember the LoL subreddit a few years back when mods weren't very strict since the subreddit was still small. I'd say ~30% of the comments in the threads were just LoL hate

Are they trying to achieve this imaginary goal of converting players from LoL so it goes out of business or something?

LoL X Dota threads will never work. Among Dota players there will always be the one elitist asshole - a nice, self contained community otherwise, mind you - and among LoL players there will always be someone that will want to pick the fight. I figured that thread ran its course at page 2 when one of those "OUR GAME IS MORE FREE THAN YOURS THUS WE ARE BETTER" guys showed up.

zkylon

zkylewd
LoL X Dota threads will never work. Among Dota players there will always be the one elitist asshole - a nice, self contained community otherwise, mind you - and among LoL players there will always be someone that will want to pick the fight. I figured that thread ran its course at page 2 when one of those "OUR GAME IS MORE FREE THAN YOURS THUS WE ARE BETTER" guys showed up.
yea i mean i was enjoying it somewhat cos it was less annoying than usual and i like learning about how dumb (the good dumb) doto is but really after people start getting banned i don't really wanna bother anymore

Double IP weekend coming up and Rune page sale in May

I'm just about to hit 7800IP in time for Angus but the above may test me. After scaling HP seals what were the others worth investing in?
i think the big ones you're missing are attack speed quints and hp5 yellows. cdr blues are nice and all but i don't think most people will run them

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i'll be picking up flat health quints for bruam but otherwise i think i'm set.

800 health support tags you with a 100 damage skillshot that has a 70% 2 second slow. too real for me. i'm doing lvl 1 towerdives on pbe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom