• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
the majority of the Dota community is generally fine and don't make dumb posts, some of the people who do make dumb posts are totally fine outside of the Dota x LoL threads too.

just for some reason when these threads happen they always go the same way and as a LoL player it's like "why would I ever even bother participating in these threads when it gets like this?"

like the games are different. different things work and are fun in different games. the threads should be about informing people and talking about cool new things, not cheap potshots made to get people angry.

Idk, i'm not even talking about GAF. Some dots 2 dude who used sfm to make vids is using league characters in one of his films got death threats. And the amount of of times I've been told "lol, play dota you scrub" is too much.

Reminds me of the classic cod-battlefield rivalry.

Shinypogs

I actually found the moba thread helpful for the most part and while things got heated both sides defending things or explaining in further detail why they were a certain way was educational.

I do miss Boken though, they were always an enjoyable type of sassy, even in the actual dota 2 thread where they could sometimes derail the current convo to praise league out of nowhere. Boken's personality was abrasive but rarely mean spirited, similar to certain other outspoken members of gaf.

I love dota 2 but I'm having fun messing around with Lol. There's things I'm probably going to like better or feel works better in each but I don't need to defend a mechanic or choice to the grave.

Einbroch

Banned
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ MOLLY つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ MOLLY つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ MOLLY つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ MOLLY つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

zkylon

zkylewd
I actually found the moba thread helpful for the most part and while things got heated both sides defending things or explaining in further detail why they were a certain way was educational.

I do miss Boken though, they were always an enjoyable type of sassy, even in the actual dota 2 thread where they could sometimes derail the current convo to praise league out of nowhere. Boken's personality was abrasive but rarely mean spirited, similar to certain other outspoken members of gaf.

I love dota 2 but I'm having fun messing around with Lol. There's things I'm probably going to like better or feel works better in each but I don't need to defend a mechanic or choice to the grave.
yup, boko was one of my favorites here

i'll miss him :(

goes to show how futile it is to bother talking with dota people

it just never works

Ocho

Well I'd agree with the dota people, masteries/runes are bullshit heh.

I agree with most things Dota2 people say about LoL. :(

I think LoL's popularity (I'm such a whore) and how much money/time I've spent is what keeps me here. It's fun, but it could be a lot better.

Blizzard

Banned

I think LoL's popularity (I'm such a whore) and how much money/time I've spent is what keeps me here. It's fun, but it could be a lot better.
I've played a billion hours of League of Legends, but it would be awesome if the champions and runes were free, and/or if runes went away. I'm fine with paid skins except for cases where it makes timing different or spell effects harder to see (I hate you, golden Syndra and invisible spell Lux).

Of course, if all champions were free, that would take away one of my two reasons for playing -- maybe get to gold some day, and collect all the pokemons. Maybe Riot knows I could stop once I get the pokemons and that's why they keep them out there!

zkylon

zkylewd
I've played a billion hours of League of Legends, but it would be awesome if the champions and runes were free, and/or if runes went away. I'm fine with paid skins except for cases where it makes timing different or spell effects harder to see (I hate you, golden Syndra and invisible spell Lux).

Of course, if all champions were free, that would take away one of my two reasons for playing -- maybe get to gold some day, and collect all the pokemons. Maybe Riot knows I could stop once I get the pokemons and that's why they keep them out there!

i thought we were friends

Ferrio

Banned

Only thing I'd like about dota more is all the other things than the actual game. The client, the f2p setup, the lack of masteries/runes.

Einbroch

Banned
Only thing I'd like about dota more is all the other things than the actual game. The client, the f2p setup, the lack of masteries/runes.

Yep. I like the skin system of Dota more, as well.

Everything but the game. You play the game itself and it doesn't feel as good or fun as League. Oh, and the UI. It's huge and can't be scaled.

Vi and Heca but mostly Vi.

Those buggers keep running away from me

Not really sure on heca because I dont play him but on Vi you're definitely going to want to go with Elder Lizard (or golem if the game warrants it)

Both champs are way too good at ganking to spend all their time trying to stack flare.

brian!

generally if you find yourself running out of mana or needing spells to have a decent clear you'll want to go a spirit item, though of course sometimes you can just conserve mana in the jungle

like lizard said, those champs are more suited to spirit items. vi can do feral flare, but the stats from spirit items are better for her

Snowman

well you said you wanted replays, not official in-game in-client replays

oh you wanted specific?

I wanna be able to scroll down my match history in the client, click on any game i've played in the last 30 days to get more information (all champions and players in game etc) and then I want a little button that i can click that will load up the replay of that game, I wanna be able to click another little button that lets me save the replay permanently to some kind of replay folder that i can view at any time, again from the client would be nice. And a good built-in way to share these replays with friends would be nice too.

zkylon

zkylewd
you can have all of that with baron replays

i dunno what to tell you dude, i'd like it to be on the client too but you can have infinite match history + infinite replays right now if you just install that shit

Feral is bad on Hecarim. He doesn't rely on autos, his clears aren't fast and he needs mana from Spirit Stone. I can see it meshing with Vi, although you give up much of the early presence she can bring. Wouldn't buy it on either champ.

Wait, boko got perm'd? :(

Agkel

oh you wanted specific?

I wanna be able to scroll down my match history in the client, click on any game i've played in the last 30 days to get more information (all champions and players in game etc) and then I want a little button that i can click that will load up the replay of that game, I wanna be able to click another little button that lets me save the replay permanently to some kind of replay folder that i can view at any time, again from the client would be nice. And a good built-in way to share these replays with friends would be nice too.

you can have all of that with baron replays

i dunno what to tell you dude, i'd like it to be on the client too but you can have infinite match history + infinite replays right now if you just install that shit

I'm not too fond of third party apps but Zkylon is right on this one. Unlike LoLReplay, Baron Replay is much more reliable and painless to use, also doesnt bug out LOL client like LOLReplay used to do. Pro tip: Dont install! Once you see how bad you are on your replays youll want to uninstall...
talking from experience

TomShoe

Banned
Guys, question.

Any idea on builds, masteries, and items I should get to maximize my Twitch CS? Finally decided to start learning ADC after seeing the Lucian on my team feed 2/9/0. Is attack speed better or AD better on him?

Mothman91

Guys, question.

Any idea on builds, masteries, and items I should get to maximize my Twitch CS? Finally decided to start learning ADC after seeing the Lucian on my team feed 2/9/0. Is attack speed better or AD better on him?

Specifically I don't know about twitch, but I've been running 2 AS quints with 1 AD quints with ad reds/armor seals/mr glyphs on most of my AD carries. Has a whole better feel now with the buff to AS quints and lifesteal quints being nerfed. Just try to do well until 800g + and just go back and get a vamp scepter for your sustain.

Ferga

Vi doesn't get much out of feral. CDR, mana sustain and the true damage is much more beneficial for vi

She goes oom very quickly and if you miss Q, she'll do little to no damage so the true damage from elder lizard is nice if you're put into a position where you need to use Q to get close enough to ult.

Mothman91

Vi doesn't get much out of feral. CDR, mana sustain and the true damage is much more beneficial for vi

She goes oom very quickly and if you miss Q, she'll do little to no damage so the true damage from elder lizard is nice if you're put into a position where you need to use Q to get close enough to ult.

What junglers you think are the best atm?

Can you rank them for me o best jungler of gaf.

Jungle Gragas would be top tier again if his buffs push through imho. Clears are still worse than old Gragas, but ganks are easier thanks both to Q and E getting stronger CCs.

Ferga

I hate tier lists. They are too general. Team compositions mean a lot to jungle picks.

But I guess I can say Yi/ Noc/ Kha zix are strong with a lot of team comps.

Yi can split push or clean up easily if he joins the fight late
Noc can instagib people if they are alone. His ult's utility is extraordinary in late game team fights too
Kha zix is a team fighting and ganking monster

The 30 stack change hurt Xin quite a bit imo. But maybe it's only me because I like to gank more than farm with Xin.

I still have to experiment with Udyr. Gotta see if a Triforce phoenix is better than a Botrk Tiger.

Ferrio

Banned
I hate tier lists. They are too general. Team compositions mean a lot to jungle picks.

But I guess I can say Yi/ Noc/ Kha zix are strong with a lot of team comps.

Yi can split push or clean up easily if he joins the fight late
Noc can instagib people if they are alone. His ult's utility is extraordinary in late game team fights too
Kha zix is a team fighting and ganking monster

The 30 stack change hurt Xin quite a bit imo. But maybe it's only me because I like to gank more than farm with Xin.

I still have to experiment with Udyr. Gotta see if a Triforce phoenix is better than a Botrk Tiger.

Xin had a hard enough time getting 25 stacks, so ya I could see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom