• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Remind me why Last Whisper is the better choice over Black Cleaver for ADC/auto attackers?
Cost efficency and build path. Also, by the time most AD carries can get Black Cleaver fully stacked on one target someone should already be dead.

Ocho

If Riot bans Curse Voice, wouldn't removing the timers make the app acceptable? Tbh, I don't like timers and people should learn to keep timers by themselves. Also, I have yet to find other curse voice users in ranked (guess cuz invite beta).

Ferga

I don't get feral Xin. His kit is completely designed around early ganking and snowballing lanes and his clear speed sucks even with it. Yeah, he can do work when he finally gets a few stacks, but that takes too damn long.

Yup. Totally agree BUT you can also gank with wriggles AND THEN become a monster late game. Xin with no feral late game is so much weaker than xin with feral.

I havent had many games end without them going into late game this season so im basing my thoughts on this.

and elder lizard stats are only useful during laning phase when you can gimp people with your burst. It quickly turns useless. Only good thing on it is the cdr

Blizzard

Banned
If Riot bans Curse Voice, wouldn't removing the timers make the app acceptable? Tbh, I don't like timers and people should learn to keep timers by themselves. Also, I have yet to find other curse voice users in ranked (guess cuz invite beta).
I disagree. If anything, adding timers to the client officially should reduce cheating. People are going to just have a website on the second monitor with timers for stuff otherwise, and people who don't do that may be handicapping themselves because they don't want to use something third party etc.

Like, it may be the sign of a good jungler to do math and write times in chat, but is that really a worthwhile skill to force the game to have?

Leezard

They could just do what Dota did and make respawn timers semi-random, completely eliminating the ability to cheat at all

I don't think introducing rng like that is a good thing, it would make the game worse IMO. I can't really agree that getting a drake timer when the drake is killed while in your vision is cheating, either.

Timing drake/baron is really simple by looking at chat, if you keep time notifications on in chat. CVoice is not really an advantage here. At most it saves a couple of seconds by not having to scroll in chat a bit.

Timing ultimates is another matter, and is not as simple to do outside of CVoice.

Not a fan of RNG either. The less RNG, the better. I like that Riot actually kept removing RNG elements. The only RNG we have right now is crit chance and Sion's passive (which will surely go away). I remember one time back in S2 where I was kiting a Skarner with Ez Qs. Suddenly I got slowed after one Q then I remembered Randuin's old passive. Ended up dead. :/

---

Played Nidalee vs Nidalee game. It was just a farmfest, though I needed it for my solo laning practice. Managed to pull ahead. Died once because of a really bad decision to W to clear a wave late into the game. Their Nidalee really wanted me dead, lol.

bs000

Can someone explain how the IP boosts work for double IP weekend? I seem to be getting almost triple the IP.

62 + 18 = 80, then I got 161 from the IP boost.

xfJlYkp.png

80 IP normal + 80 IP from weekend boost + 80 IP from store boost=240

drawkcaB

I don't think introducing rng like that is a good thing, it would make the game worse IMO. I can't really agree that getting a drake timer when the drake is killed while in your vision is cheating, either.

I feel the same way. I might be mistaken, but I believe the jungle buffs are stronger in regards how LoL works than those in DotA2. Riot wants these contested as objectives. RNG would nearly kill that.

CV just removes the step of typing from the process. Our team nabbed dragon at 12:10 so I typed in 17:10 by habit yesterday. Didn't even dawn on me to check out the CV timers until drag was already up. Honestly, I don't see any drawback to Riot implementing the timers in the game. Put it on the minimap with a "shaded pie" graphic for the countdown that you can mouse over to get the actual time remaining until spawn. All this is information. The skill is how you use that information.

Wolf Akela said:
The only RNG we have right now is crit chance

I wish they'd remove this and make it a %AD bonus, which is what it works out to be anyways.

Ferrio

Banned

drawkcaB

Curse voice doesn't nothing that you can't already do. I don't see why suddenly this outside assistance is the one people gotta be all crazy about.

There's been iPhone jungle timer apps as far back as I can remember too. Why it becomes a problem when presented in an overlay is beyond me. But again, all this should be in the game.

Ehh no. Crit is a multiplier, not a bonus.

Yeah, it adds (see: bonus) AD as a multiplier. Zed's W works as a 0.25 multiplier but it's still referred to as bonus AD. Don't be so pedantic.

Snowman

My friend actually played against impaler once when he was playing in some UK university league thing, apparently impaler carried his team hard and shit all over my friend and his uni's team.

Fun times.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
And using mumble gives you an advantage. Using a wiki before a match gives you an advantage, using a better mouse than your opponent gives you an advantage, having a better ping gives you an advantage.

Curse voice doesn't nothing that you can't already do. I don't see why suddenly this outside assistance is the one people gotta be all crazy about.

Because everyone has ult cooldowns for every champ at ranks 1, 2 and 3 memorized

Because everyone has ult cooldowns for every champ at ranks 1, 2 and 3 memorized
You don't have to have them memorized, but getting them is as hard as typing 5 words in your chat and hitting enter
Yeah, it adds (see: bonus) AD as a multiplier. Zed's W works as a 0.25 multiplier but it's still referred to as bonus AD. Don't be so pedantic.
Read the edit. The biggest difference is that Zed's W affects his abilities, but crit most of the time doesn't. I don't know about you but I don't want Graves critting his spells on me.

drawkcaB

Read the edit. The biggest difference is that Zed's W affects his abilities, but crit most of the time doesn't. I don't know about you but I don't want Graves critting his spells on me.

I meant as far as auto-attacks on concerned, it's bonus damage.

Regarding your edit, making the would be much pretty straight forward. Riot already said they could do it easily and even looked into it around the same time as the dodge changes. They'd just have to adjust a few items (i.e. Statikk Shiv) around the new formula. For whatever reason their tests showed that people reacted negatively to the RNG on dodge, but they liked the RNG on crit chance, so they kept it as is.

Ferrio

Banned
There's been iPhone jungle timer apps as far back as I can remember too. Why it becomes a problem when presented in an overlay is beyond me. But again, all this should be in the game.

I'd also argue that the voice portion of curse voice gives a *much* bigger advantage than the stupid overlay. But no one seems to have any qualms about the actual voice portion....

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I'd also argue that the voice portion of curse voice gives a *much* bigger advantage than the stupid overlay. But no one seems to have any qualms about the actual voice portion....
That just makes communication, which is already part of the game (and every team based game) and simplifies it.

The overlays remove the punishment for being inattentive on timers and change the actual flow of the game so there are forced teamfights every 6 minutes.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
That just makes communication, which is already part of the game (and every team based game) and simplifies it.

The overlays remove the punishment for being inattentive on timers and change the actual flow of the game so there are forced teamfights every 6 minutes.
isnt that a good thing tho? more objective based gameplay, less solo warriors.

Leezard

As long as you keep time stamps on in the chat, you cannot miss the drake/baron timers even if you forget to time it for 2+ minutes. Just scroll up in the chat and you get it.

It's a minor inconvenience at most.

Ferrio

Banned

And keeping track of timers is already part of the game and the overlay simplifies it too. Not to mention the timers instill some pretty bad habits and I'd say it's a big crutch more than anything and in the long run isn't going to factor in and who's the better player.

Jeff-DSA

So I'm just going to start spam picking Katarina in mid and ride her to Gold. My win rate with her is insane. As long as I don't die before level 6, I get a free kill as soon as her ult is available to me, and often another two when I roam to bot at level 7. By that point she's pretty unstoppable if you can wait for the CC to get spent in team fights.

Quadras and pentas, all day, everyday.

drawkcaB

How much of that is because even in 2014 in-game voice is still quite uncommon? Maybe I'm just showing my age here but I assume I'll be using mumble, Skype, etc. when I play with friends.

Maybe I'm being overly progressive, I dunno. Players on reddit were moaning about how this is a slippery slope, that in short order there will be overlays showing you the CD of enemy abilities, last hit indicators, etc. and this will ruin the game, and I'm just sitting there thinking all of this would be really nice to have provided my opponent does too, actually.

Ferrio

Banned
How much of that is because even in 2014 in-game voice is still quite uncommon? Maybe I'm just showing my age here but I assume I'll be using mumble, Skype, etc. when I play with friends.

Maybe I'm being overly progressive, I dunno. Players on reddit were moaning about how this is a slippery slope, that in short order there will be overlays showing you the CD of enemy abilities, last hit indicators, etc. and this will ruin the game, and I'm just sitting there thinking all of this would be really nice to have, actually.

It'd be a slippery slope if it was even possible. I don't see how an overlay would ever get you that information unless riot suddenly releases an API to supplies it.

Mothman91

So I'm just going to start spam picking Katarina in mid and ride her to Gold. My win rate with her is insane. As long as I don't die before level 6, I get a free kill as soon as her ult is available to me, and often another two when I roam to bot at level 7. By that point she's pretty unstoppable if you can wait for the CC to get spent in team fights.

Quadras and pentas, all day, everyday.
If there was one champion I would love Riot to delete, that would be Katarina.

Fuck that red headed DBZ champ. I absolutely despise her.

:)

drawkcaB

It'd be a slippery slope if it was even possible. I don't see how an overlay would ever get you that information unless riot suddenly releases an API to supplies it.

Yeah, but that was just reddit getting itself off.

Mothman91 said:
If there was one champion I would love Riot to delete, that would be Katarina.

I'll take Kat on my games over Nidalee any day.

(Where's the LB nerfs?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom