• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

they are certainly worth it if you don't need those particular stats for the early advantage, like if you are playing soraka or something

CRS

I don't like scaling anything. Isn't the objective to make the enemy surrender at 20?

Not necessarily. It depends on the composition. If you have champions like Ryze, Karthus, Nasus, Twitch, and Vayne, the later the game goes, they better off your team will be. Some champions scale better late game.

Scaling health is a bit risky but I guess it depends on your play style and skill on dodging skill shots and farming/CSing.

zkylon

zkylewd
i've been running scaling health yellows on ori even before the rune changes and it's pretty decent, at least against ap.

helps a bit since at level 6 you're a bit tankier than if you just had flat hp

wouldn't recommend it all the time tho, but if you're like against akali or kass or even lebonk or nidalee it can be pretty good

never take those against syndra or ziggs tho

but like it's not terribad on blind pick either, just know that if the matchup isn't favorable you can just chill and outscale at 6 and see what happens

brian!

it's pretty good on a lot of the popular ap midz, like lulu soraka ori, though I keep reg health cuz i like to get nasty

Ocho

My game is dropping and reconnecting us every couple of mins. Once I returned and I somehow unpaused the game. What is happening? This is ranked. Am I getting drop hacked?

TomShoe

Banned
wPQXC.jpg
God, I'm getting frustrated.

No matter how hard I'm trying, there always seems to be one feeder on my team that dies constantly and gets the enemy fed and they steam roll.

The 0/11 Nasus,

The 0/7 Olaf,

The 1/9 Twisted Fate,

The 0/6 Ashe,

The 0/8 Vlad, they just keep coming. I should probably take a break for a few weeks, play some other games.

Tizoc

Man I hate that shit too TomShoe. I'd be doing OK in my lane then top or mid fucks up real bad and we lose the game despite my own efforts =/

Played as Gangplank yesterday. I was top with LeBonk against Zed and Renekton. I got First Blood on Rene thanks to Gang's Q. Bot was pretty quiet with Lucian and Blitz, and so was Mid. Most action was at top with me taking down Rene and Zed whenever possible. I managed to push lanes and built a Hydra for Gangplank. Afterwards I made Statik and gave him Randuin and Spirit Visage to help him stay alive a little longer.

We eventually managed to win the match with me having a good number of kills. I was building towards a Trinity Force by then. Was a fun match.

EDIT: Bleh gonna try Nautalus and Oriana this week, why hasn't Vi been a free weekly character yet? Maybe Leona too I guess.

Man, it feels so weird now that I can say I like TSM.

Was xpecial the one holding you back from liking TSM? that's kinda weird. I'd've figured it would be their incredibly annoying fanbase and their collective personalities.

Also, man, good sale coming up. I was gonna hold onto my RP to buy the Braum bundle when he comes out but the combo of his meh release skin plus Celestine Soraka and Astronautilus going on sale means I might have to break the bank early.

Although, I already have abyssal naut and I kinda feel like that's almost a cooler skin than astronaut because it's very rarely seen.

brian!

Was xpecial the one holding you back from liking TSM? that's kinda weird. I'd've figured it would be their incredibly annoying fanbase and their collective personalities.

Also, man, good sale coming up. I was gonna hold onto my RP to buy the Braum bundle when he comes out but the combo of his meh release skin plus Celestine Soraka and Astronautilus going on sale means I might have to break the bank early.

Although, I already have abyssal naut and I kinda feel like that's almost a cooler skin than astronaut because it's very rarely seen.

fallen is a curmudgeon
i shot ufo with a ballista today

CRS

Best part is he's playing as Surgeon Shen.

The chat is so bad yet so hilarious when he falls asleep for small periods of time.

zkylon

zkylewd
Man I hate that shit too TomShoe. I'd be doing OK in my lane then top or mid fucks up real bad and we lose the game despite my own efforts =/

Played as Gangplank yesterday. I was top with LeBonk against Zed and Renekton. I got First Blood on Rene thanks to Gang's Q. Bot was pretty quiet with Lucian and Blitz, and so was Mid. Most action was at top with me taking down Rene and Zed whenever possible. I managed to push lanes and built a Hydra for Gangplank. Afterwards I made Statik and gave him Randuin and Spirit Visage to help him stay alive a little longer.

We eventually managed to win the match with me having a good number of kills. I was building towards a Trinity Force by then. Was a fun match.

EDIT: Bleh gonna try Nautalus and Oriana this week, why hasn't Vi been a free weekly character yet? Maybe Leona too I guess.

ori is the best champion in the game

i love ori

ori is the best

ama about ori

just sayin'

CRS

it'd really be the pinnacle of league if he was playing while being drugged

I really thought he was about to. He got in queue and was hoping it'd pop before he changed his mind.

I can imagine him lane and all of a sudden fall asleep during a fight.

CRS

Why's he there?

He had a collapsed lung earlier in the morning and for some ungodly reason (he's in too much pain to sleep so he decided to start streaming from a shitty laptop), he decided to start streaming sub games. It's so surreal to me and I have nothing but even more respect for the dude now. The reaction from the community has been hilarious as well, basically turning a shitty situation into something to laugh at in the future.

@LoLDyrus: "my god dude i can't imagine playing without laughing or talking @Hai_L9"

And the in-game chat during the games are really heartwarming and hilarious.

This is why he will not be able to go to All Stars in Paris since he's not suited to fly.

"The future of this item may reduce some of the combat stats it gives or reduce the value of the Maim proc at all evolutions. In exchange, we're hoping to buff teamfight-oriented stacks that contribute to the progress of Feral Flare." -> *proceeds to give Feral Flare none of said teamfight-oriented stacks*

The Wriggles line had a good run. Two whole months of relevance.

Leezard

What? It gets stacks from kills and assists now.

edit: to clarify, it gets stacks from kills and assists in the proposed PBE changes.

What? It gets stacks from kills and assists now.

edit: to clarify, it gets stacks from kills and assists in the proposed PBE changes.
Feral Flare already receives stacks for kills and assists, unless I'm misunderstanding you. They've improved nothing about this in the PBE changes.

Infinite scaling is still a dumb mechanic. Just balance the flare so it's worth the gold and competes with the spirit items, making it a viable build path for auto attack reliant junglers.

It should not be an item that encourages power farming and ignoring your lanes.

Leezard

Feral Flare already receives stacks for kills and assists, unless I'm misunderstanding you. They've improved nothing about this in the PBE changes.

Is that before or after the Flare is completed? If after it's already like this in live patch.

Ah, yes, good catch. The difference is that additionally Wriggle's can stack with kills and assists now, while on live Wriggle's does not gain stacks from kills and assists.

Feral Flare does indeed gain stacks from k/a on both pbe and live.

Ah, yes, good catch. The difference is that additionally Wriggle's can stack with kills and assists now, while on live Wriggle's does not gain stacks from kills and assists.

Feral Flare does indeed gain stacks from k/a on both pbe and live.

In that case I hope that wriggle makes it to live. It'd be more viable as an item even with the 30stacks to transformation condition.

Ferga

Even though Feral Flare has carried me through 3 divisions, I still hate this item with all my heart.

Really liking the change for stacks when you have wriggles though.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno if it's just an impression i get or it's the reality but junglers seem like a pretty hard to please bunch.

like from my experience they are fotm chasers like no other role and they've been asking for damage junglers forever, then carry junglers, then people is begging for nautilus and amumu back, then skarner rework is not good enough, etc. etc.

laners are also pretty whiny but i dunno, for me junglers take the cake

laners are also pretty whiny but i dunno, for me junglers take the cake

The problem with jungle is your expected to fit more roles than just jungle depending on your team comp and/or in game performance. That's why they need to be viable in all those roles to some extent.

Ferga

It's because junglers have such a huge impact on the game. Burden is too heavy.

Junglers have to follow Fotm to consistently do well because counter jungling becomes a huge problem for non-Fotm junglers. If i ever see someone pick a weak, out of meta jungler, i'm going to spend a tonne of wards to make sure that guy doesn't get any buffs. Plus, the jungler is usually the one who has to change their build to suit their team.

We'll take nice base damages and op skills so we can go full tank and still have the ability to 1v1 people.

And I haven't met a single jungler complain about carry junglers. They can transition into anything they want with their machete item for damage. Only people who complain about carry junglers are laners because they're the ones dying to them.

Can't see why anyone would want to play a full support jungler instead of one who can fulfil that role and do damage.

Everything will change in season 5. I'm just complaining about how broken FF is in low elo because it is god damn true. There's no way anyone pre-high diamond can say FF is balanced in its current state.

And when I do complain about jungling, I talk about balancing issues about champions I have spammed and vsed against in solo queue. Pantheon and Kha come to mind if you were to ask about my complaints this season.

A target stun, global ult+pantheon's early game power and the entirety of kha zix's ult are just broken for the jungle role. They belong to laners.

And who's begging for nautilus/amumu to be back? :S

garath

It's because junglers have such a huge impact on the game. Burden is too heavy.

Junglers have to follow Fotm to consistently do well because counter jungling becomes a huge problem for non-Fotm junglers. If i ever see someone pick a weak, out of meta jungler, i'm going to spend a tonne of wards to make sure that guy doesn't get any buffs. Plus, the jungler is usually the one who has to change their build to suit their team.

We'll take nice base damages and op skills so we can go full tank and still have the ability to 1v1 people.

And I haven't met a single jungler complain about carry junglers. They can transition into anything they want with their machete item for damage. Only people who complain about carry junglers are laners because they're the ones dying to them.

Can't see why anyone would want to play a full support jungler instead of one who can fulfil that role and do damage.

Everything will change in season 5. I'm just complaining about how broken FF is in low elo because it is god damn true. There's no way anyone pre-high diamond can say FF is balanced in its current state.

And when I do complain about jungling, I talk about balancing issues about champions I have spammed and vsed against in solo queue. Pantheon and Kha come to mind if you were to ask about my complaints this season.

A target stun, global ult+pantheon's early game power and the entirety of kha zix's ult are just broken for the jungle role. They belong to laners.

And who's begging for nautilus/amumu to be back? :S

I agree so much with everything you just said. It's like I typed it.

Except I happen to really like Khazix. I was playing him in the jungle last season and succeeding. I'm a little miffed that he got so popular and will subsequently get nerfed into oblivion. Then again, someone at Riot must have a soft spot for the bug too since the nerfs are secretly buffs.

zkylon

zkylewd
maybe the jungle should be changed then

jungling seems like a stressful role if you're always forced to play fotm. like not being able to play whatever you want cos lee sin is gonna fuck you up isn't so fun

also i wish amumu would come back

so much more fun playing against amumu than pretty much every other jungler

Ferga

I don't find it stressful. I like playing Fotm. I like to win. What's wrong with Fotm and winning?

Seems like you got something against the jungle rather than the 'problem' of junglers complaining.

And your amumu preference is your preferences AS a laner. How does this affect a jungler's choice of champions?

maybe the jungle should be changed then

jungling seems like a stressful role if you're always forced to play fotm. like not being able to play whatever you want cos lee sin is gonna fuck you up isn't so fun

Isn't this true for all roles? I'd love to play Sona some more but she's 6ft under Summoner's Rift soil of viability.
also i wish amumu would come back

so much more fun playing against amumu than pretty much every other jungler
Is it though? People in Drave's Silver Shitters can't react fast enough against him for him to be anything more than a weeping green terror. Better yet when they're going to get caught then come near you to allow him to stun two people instead of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom