• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't know about Kennen... but he's cheap and I've heard a lot of good things about so I'll go ahead and give him a shot soon. Lissandra seems like fun too. I didn't like her mdi but top does seem more her speed. Appreciate the recommendations.

Oh and if you wanna be a super douche you can play Soraka.. but seeing her top isn't too uncommon... if she's even not banned.

Had to beast games as Akali mid today. Why is she so strong, like, I'm just dive bombing into teamfights and coming out with triple kills?

First game I pummelled this Ziggs mid as well which felt good.

Ferrio

Banned

That's bullshit. Riot is too lazy to impliment their own voice program, so they're killing one that integrates into their game. Would they still be for it if it removes the overlay?

There's going to be a lot of backlash on this I bet. If you're going to come down on this shit, then improve your piss poor client.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's bullshit. Riot is too lazy to impliment their own voice program, so they're killing one that integrates into their game. Would they still be for it if it removes the overlay?

There's going to be a lot of backlash on this I bet. If you're going to come down on this shit, they improve your piss poor client.
actually i believe they'll get lots of praise

people don't like the sort of precedent having a third party program patch up your game, so i bet rito will start the official timers feature project asap.

i don't mind rito las banned it even earlier and cos tbh i'm not 100% sure not having to manually time things is good for the game

Blizzard

Banned
actually i believe they'll get lots of praise

people don't like the sort of precedent having a third party program patch up your game, so i bet rito will start the official timers feature project asap.

i don't mind rito las banned it even earlier and cos tbh i'm not 100% sure not having to manually time things is good for the game
Yeah, I may disagree with you about which skins are cool, but I would be happy if everyone gets timers or no one does.

Voicechat is fine as an external program thingy only, so people can use Mumble to play on GAF.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, I may disagree with you about which skins are cool, but I would be happy if everyone gets timers or no one does.

Voicechat is fine as an external program thingy only, so people can use Mumble to play on GAF.
i can't see someone disagreeing with me on skins as i have perfect taste for them.

what about people who watch their own replays for mistakes and places to improve vs. ppl who dont
rito already said replay programs are cool

Ferrio

Banned
what about people who watch their own replays for mistakes and places to improve vs. ppl who dont

They don't care.

They only care about the actual overlay... and I bet I know why.

Ultimately curse was going to throw ads on the loading screen. I mean it's the only way they were going to monetize this, and Riot wasn't going to be happy about that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What about people like Schmattakopf who don't like to talk on mic even inside voice clients? Where do the disadvantages end?

Ferrio

Banned
Hello! Just wanted to say that Riot never said anything about banning CV, but just that they are moving towards the point where they find 3rd party apps that give you game information (yes I know you can still obtain it yourself) unfair.

We're still good for now though.

Replays don't exactly interfere with matches. It's just like having someone spectate and record you.

Auto voice was banned because Riot didnt want it mandatory to download 3rd party apps to remain competitive. "Omg no voice gg"

drawkcaB

Man, I'm feeling down. Don't know whether I keep getting paired with bad teammates or if I'm actually getting worse in the jungle.

garath

Meh. Riot needs to add voice chat and timers to the game.

I feel bad for all the people who paid for streamer sub to get a key Lol.

I haven't even been using it. Forgot about it. But typing timers in chat is an annoying monotonous task and communicating with the team better would be welcome.

Nekofrog

Banned
i actually utilized curse voice last night with a random person (that ranked game video I posted earlier). the jax asked if anyone had it, newt and I invited him. we all had a good time.

makes me sad.

garath

I learned tonight that twitch isn't exactly my strongest champ. Had a rough laning phase both games. Granted I was facing plat and diamond players but I was not playing him well at all. Would have been much better off with any of my other ADCs.

His late game is really good though. Even in my unskilled hands.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
so i tried kenn

i was doing it wrong for a while but i like. his range is a lot further than people realize and he allows for a lot of creativity. thanks

ShinNL

Why when I pick Trundle everytime the team just doesn't know when to engage? You'd figured all the ice stuff would be a tell. Beg me to gank, then they just run. So annoying.

Tenth defeat in a row...

My PC shat down for no apparent reason while we had a short advantage (around 20min in the game). Team surrendered while I was reconnecting to the game after restarting my PC.

It's not even the first time this happens :'(

Gotta stop to play 'til I buy a new PC :'(

drawkcaB

Why when I pick Trundle everytime the team just doesn't know when to engage? You'd figured all the ice stuff would be a tell. Beg me to gank, then they just run. So annoying.

Been my night every single game. Currently 0-7 and going for 8th. Wood 5 players are such fucking tools.

tm24

Just got to Silver 4. Won my promo game as morg like ive won every other do or die promo game. This one had an AD Kass just dominate a karma mid and a darius jungle just wrecking fools. Enemy Leona and WW cant do shit against black shield, bind and a jinx with cleanse

drawkcaB

0-8 on the night so far. Just lost a 4v5. Despite getting 7 successful ganks off by the 15 mins mark, top and bot fed*. What nonsense will I deal with for my 9th loss in a row? Stay tuned to find out!

*My Bot lane has fed in every. Single. Loss.

Blizzard

Banned
0-8 on the night so far. Just lost a 4v5. Despite getting 7 successful ganks off by the 15 mins mark, top and bot fed*. What nonsense will I deal with for my 9th loss in a row? Stay tuned to find out!

*My Bot lane has fed in every. Single. Loss.
Did you remember to always play bot lane so your bot lane won't feed?

Did you remember to stop playing for 8-24 hours after 2 consecutive losses to reset your consecutive loss passive?

You must do these things and more!

Terrutas

Neo Member
Meh. Riot needs to add voice chat and timers to the game.

I feel bad for all the people who paid for streamer sub to get a key Lol.

I haven't even been using it. Forgot about it. But typing timers in chat is an annoying monotonous task and communicating with the team better would be welcome.

I actually think that if they integrate voice chat it could lower toxicity levels by a lot. Especially in EU.

Also, dunno if anyone's seen this but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzQij3zZIuI

My eyes. How do you even play this smoothly?

Ferrio

Banned
I actually think that if they integrate voice chat it could lower toxicity levels by a lot. Especially in EU.

Also, dunno if anyone's seen this but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzQij3zZIuI

My eyes. How do you even play this smoothly?

I actually think it'll have the opposite effect. People tend to be more mean when it's anonymous, once you start talking it's more personal.

Like I said in the league forum thread, if you treat the player base like they'll always be toxic then it's going to be so. There's always going to be assholes, and leaving out a very fundamental feature that's in virtually every game because of them is bullshit.

As for the video, probably being 6+ levels higher than your opponents helps.

drawkcaB

I don't want to talk to any of those mother fuckers. Any rate, played support Zyra, crushed my lane and won, so no 0-9 for me tonight. I should just play bot lane, honestly.

Terrutas

Neo Member
I actually think it'll have the opposite effect. People tend to be more mean when it's anonymous, once you start talking it's more personal.

Like I said in the league forum thread, if you treat the player base like they'll always be toxic then it's going to be so. There's always going to be assholes, and leaving out a very fundamental feature that's in virtually every game because of them is bullshit.

Well like anyone else, I've had many of my games ruined by someone just deciding to stop playing and coordinating with the team because he had his feelings hurt or just outright thinks he's better than everyone. Stuff like that leaves a strong impression when it happens more than I dare say, 100 times. And though I'd really like to it's still hard for me to go into a ranked game with an attitude that isn't a tiny bit hostile because I'm preparing myself for that exact situation. But I try my best to stay calm, friendly and cooperative.

I wholeheartedly agree however that they should not be leaving the voice chat feature out just because of toxic players. I thought Riot sort of outlaws the toxic part anyway since they take a lot of measures to try and remove them from the community. And to be honest I think if it weren't for a lot of their efforts the community would've been in much worse shape right now. Though I do think they could've done a lot of things in a better way.

Also as for that video, yeah it certainly does. But I'd say that's still the best Yasuo execution I've seen by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom