• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Been playing him a lot recently. I go red->gank->camp->blue. A lot of people don't expect very early ganks. Also, his lane ganks are very good but you really need to get a feel of the enemy's sight range without enough levels on Q. My skill order is QWE then RQEW.

I tested both Lizard and Wriggles. He doesn't feel optimal with either to be honest. He's very very heavy on auto attacks which makes Feral desirable, but he can get so many ganks which makes Lizard desirable. I ended up going with Feral for the clears. When I gank, I find that the best position is to appear behind them to block their exit(s) at max AA range if possible. I try sticking closer to my laner just in case the enemy Leb looks at me funny.

He's prone to getting counterjungled though. I got harassed pretty hardcore by Eve in one game, but we managed to win.
Hmm so I get the red buff first, by when I should be Level 2, by then I should have what Q and E abilities learned? Stealth, gank with my top or mid, then go back to jungling and taking down blue last in my jungle path.

What abilities are best learned asap with Twitch Jungle? Q or E?

brian!

i dont play twitch jungle but
i really cant see you doing anything besides e-w-q-eeeeeeee-qqqqqqqq

unless you totally kill someone with red lvl 2 without taking damage, you will likely lose your other buff, it's not like you lose a lot of gank potential hitting 3 and getting your other buff and the timer
unless maybe he gets really low doing 2 buffs? but then why would you jungle him

dan dinh maxes q first i dunno if he ganks at 2 tho
he also builds hurricane every game

W or E on Lv2 is all up to you. I just go with W for extra soft CC right after red.

Problem with leaving Q at Lv1 is that it makes ganks harder. High level Qs opens up your gank opportunities, like straight up walking along the lane then pop up behind the enemy. Sandwiching the enemy with your laner is harder to do when the stealth is shorter.

At my Elo people don't really care about me leaving the other buff open. If they're there, it's usually because they're trying to counterjungle me by waiting somewhere.

Tizoc

W or E on Lv2 is all up to you. I just go with W for extra soft CC right after red.

Problem with leaving Q at Lv1 is that it makes ganks harder. High level Qs opens up your gank opportunities, like straight up walking along the lane then pop up behind the enemy. Sandwiching the enemy with your laner is harder to do when the stealth is shorter.

I usually just max out Q first then E. The attack speed buff is a nice bonus especially if I managed to land a full Rat mark on them, dealing max damage from Twitch's E.

brian!

oh i mean w puts 2 stacks on instantly you don't necessarily need atspd to stack ur passive all the way
but i mean i dont really play him in the jungle i dont really have anything to offer just speculation

Two days ago I had the best game of league I had in weeks, and it was a ranked game (I only played because I had a few hours before decaying for inactivity).

It was one of those games where everybody is polite. Saying "good evening, I would prefer x or x" and everybody got the role they wanted, someone wanted mid and asked me if it was okay if he went mid (I was last pick) and I told him it was okay that I could go either support or adc. I got adc.

The game itself was nice. The enemy adc (Sivir) was pretty unskilled, I literally harassed her for free all the time. I got 4 kills and the tower. We did objetives, did everything fine, and when somebody did something wrong he apologized in chat and we keep going. We won shortly after.

It was nice to have such good team for once. Thanks rito.

Blizzard

Banned
Two days ago I had the best game of league I had in weeks, and it was a ranked game (I only played because I had a few hours before decaying for inactivity).

It was one of those games where everybody is polite. Saying "good evening, I would prefer x or x" and everybody got the role they wanted, someone wanted mid and asked me if it was okay if he went mid (I was last pick) and I told him it was okay that I could go either support or adc. I got adc.

The game itself was nice. The enemy adc (Sivir) was pretty unskilled, I literally harassed her for free all the time. I got 4 kills and the tower. We did objetives, did everything fine, and when somebody did something wrong he apologized in chat and we keep going. We won shortly after.

It was nice to have such good team for once. Thanks rito.
See, this is when the game is fun -- when the other team is bad and your team is good.

Riot needs to add an option to "queue me with good people against bad people", much nicer experience. :D

Leezard

Curse voice has been updated to remove the timers for ultimates and drake/baron. It should now comply with the new guidelines Riot wrote about.

What's a solid uncommon top to try out?

Outside of Quinn. Because she rocks.
Karma.

That's bullshit. Riot is too lazy to impliment their own voice program, so they're killing one that integrates into their game. Would they still be for it if it removes the overlay?

There's going to be a lot of backlash on this I bet. If you're going to come down on this shit, then improve your piss poor client.
No, official in-game voice chat would be a total waste of time for everyone involved. Riot is already struggling to maintain server stability as it is (at least until their new server farm is ready), and I'd rather not have things go downhill even further just for the privilege of listening to blabbering idiots taking their solo queue ranked or normal games far too seriously. Never mind various VoIP alternatives already existing. If anything, Riot should put the effort into pushing the replay system that's been on PBE for ages now out the door, while implementing other in-demand functionality (that should've been patched in long ago) like the timers.

Ferrio

Banned
Karma.

No, official in-game voice chat would be a total waste of time for everyone involved. Riot is already struggling to maintain server stability as it is (at least until their new server farm is ready), and I'd rather not have things go downhill even further just for the privilege of listening to blabbering idiots taking their solo queue ranked or normal games far too seriously. Never mind various VoIP alternatives already existing. If anything, Riot should put the effort into pushing the replay system that's been on PBE for ages now out the door, while implementing other in-demand functionality (that should've been patched in long ago) like the timers.

Well that's fine if that's the excuse, but you shouldn't shut down other attempts of getting voice chat options if they're not going to do it themselves.

Also, it's a bullshit excuse anyways. They're a company that makeshuge amounts of cash that only develops for one game, and you're telling me they don't have the capability to add voice chat? Yet the curse company is able to do it just fine?

Well that's fine if that's the excuse, but you shouldn't shut down other attempts of getting voice chat options if they're not going to do it themselves.

Also, it's a bullshit excuse anyways. They're a company that makeshuge amounts of cash that only develops for one game, and you're telling me they don't have the capability to add voice chat? Yet the curse company is able to do it just fine?
This is pretty much one of the biggest games in the entire world. Riot can't just do stuff recklessly because any problems will fuck them several times over. It's the reason why something like replays hasn't been implemented yet, these things take time.

That said, what's stopping you from using one of the many voice options out there? It's not like Voice was the first.

Blizzard

Banned

What other voice chat options are being shutdown? Mumble still works, Skype still works, Curse Voice will still work now that timers are removed.

Ferrio

Banned
This is pretty much one of the biggest games in the entire world. Riot can't just do stuff recklessly because any problems will fuck them several times over. It's the reason why something like replays hasn't been implemented yet, these things take time.

That said, what's stopping you from using one of the many voice options out there? It's not like Voice was the first.

The difference was the ability to get randoms to join.

Mumble/teamspeak/whatever requires a central server, where first you have to have access to one. Second you'd have to give out the ip/password to random fucking people which is *never* good for a personal server. Lastly it's very clunky way to have randoms to join in the span of a minute.

Curse voice just takes pasting a single url. It was the closest thing we're going to get to an in client voice chat.

Leezard

You are still able to use Curse Voice for voice chat by pasting a single URL. The only things that have been removed are the timers.

Nothing about the easy voice chat is gone.

zkylon

zkylewd
We all know what kind of cards Zkylon be bringing out.
it's less the cards and more like i try to misaya way more than i can handle

also i know what i want for my next birthday

syndra_amigurumi_from_league_of_legends_by_forgottenmermaid-d7gxb43.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
The thing about OddOne getting replaced (a decision I agree with, as much as I adore the guy), is that he'll be fine. He's been doing the "smart" thing that TSM does by building up his own brand. Unlike xpecial, OddOne will be able to rake in the viewers/money by streaming even with the TSM tag on his Twitch (which he'll probably still use anyway).

xpecial done fucked up.

I was playing an ARAM game yesterday as warwick while chatting on Skype with a friend, then at some point I was barely looking at the screen after a large teamfight and see that guy passing buy and kill him using my Q... the thing is that Zilean had just done a quadra kill and put a bomb on that fifth guy and I fucking denied his penta by mistake. Damn I think I've never felt that bad playing an online game after doing that...

Thankfully Zilean was a total bro, he disconnected for a minute or two and came back and even though he said it was okay I'm pretty sure I'm in his list of "people to fuck up if they are on the opposite side".

Not bad making it that far in a 4v5. Sadly, once it becomes proper lategame it is nearly impossible to win a 4v5.

;_;

it is invariably true. eventually, they'll put together their teamfight...and they did. we got as close as taking their mid inhib, but the cc was just too much.

Getting back into lol. Could use some gaf bros to help me get better. It can get annoying playing with randoms. Send me friend request. Name is same as here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom