• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Twitch is gonna be my main ADC for now. I rarely ever have games where I felt I did bad.

Just had my best game where I felt that, bar a few exceptions, my positioning was ace. Ended 22/7/25 ish and really carried through midgame. It got to a point where their diamond Kha and Vi would just WAIT for me to show up then go nuts on me. Caught me twice with it. I realized our Amumu, Rammus and Irelia were already super beefy and could survive long enough to force Vi and Kha to join in. This was a match where our Amumu and Rammus DC'd every now and then. Amumu was either hacked or was a jerk Diamond pretending to not know how to play ("gais what does ult do") and initially built a random assortment of items.

garath

my elo will decay if i don't play this week

someone drill me into playing ranked pls

Let yourself decay. It's for the good of your Elo.

I decayed from Gold IV 25lp to Gold V 75lp. I played one game for a win, instantly into promos. Won two in a row to finish promos and was promoted to Gold III.

Decay, win 3 games, gain two divisions. It's all calculated. How else can you skip a division in 3 wins? Decay is the only answer.

Just tried Morg support for the first time as a counter to their Yi - ended up with a double kill at bot against Leo/Vayne lol. So easy to proc the gold item too.

Blizzard

Banned
Just tried Morg support for the first time as a counter to their Yi - ended up with a double kill at bot against Leo/Vayne lol. So easy to proc the gold item too.
How would Morgana counter Yi -- the snare preventing him from reaching team members? Black shield only blocks magical damage, I believe, and Master Yi Q does physical damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
That spear is downright stupid.
i just wish they just slimmed the hitbox

no rework, no big nerfs, just like slide that in 4.7, it'll make the champion a lot less frustrating for everyone and it's 100% risk-free, unlike a big rework

they can then work on changing her to be a bit more healthy but i think fixing her hitbox would go a long way and could be done like RIGHT NOW

garath

i just wish they just slimmed the hitbox

no rework, no big nerfs, just like slide that in 4.7, it'll make the champion a lot less frustrating for everyone and it's 100% risk-free, unlike a big rework

they can then work on changing her to be a bit more healthy but i think fixing her hitbox would go a long way and could be done like RIGHT NOW

I can see them tightening up Morg's dark binding hitbox too. The thing is large and part of why Morg is such an easy to play support. She's essentially the new Annie.

Ferrio

Banned
I can see them tightening up Morg's dark binding hitbox too. The thing is large and part of why Morg is such an easy to play support. She's essentially the new Annie.

I wouldn't mind the hitbox being the same as it is now.. but make the particle actually match it ffs.

what happens if he alpha strikes during your ult? doesnt it break it?

Maybe, but I'm thinking more of when I'm in the mire of a team fight rather than 1v1, although if it is 1v1 and times right he can't AS me as i'll be solid gold.
wouldn't mind this either, morg is so painful to play against :(

The only time I've thought Morg support was genuinely infuriating was when it was the Varus/Morg bot I mentioned a few pages back. They both have an AOE which covers the width of the lane which is ridiculous.

Other than that, I can see how people can find it frustrating when they're used to freELO'ing with Leona and Thresh.

Mothman91

Every time there's a Yi on the other team and I try to land a skillshot onto him, he'll always Alpha Strike to dodge it.

I don't know if it's just me, but that's during my games with him.

zkylon

zkylewd
The only time I've thought Morg support was genuinely infuriating was when it was the Varus/Morg bot I mentioned a few pages back. They both have an AOE which covers the width of the lane which is ridiculous.

Other than that, I can see how people can find it frustrating when they're used to freELO'ing with Leona and Thresh.
well i come at it more from the ap mid angle of getting my combo laughed at by black shield T_T

Talents

Banned
Is anyone else having trouble using Teambuilder in EUW? I can't find a game using it no matter how long I wait. I was in a queue for mid for an hour yesterday, and I've tried with multiple roles and I just can't find a game. I've tried repairing but it hasn't done anything.

Nev

Banned
The most blatant case of bullshit hitboxes, Lux, whose entire kit has hitboxes so broken they've become mechanics of the character, hasn't been fixed for what, 3 years? Good luck with them fixing the spears' truck-wide invisible hitbox.

I remember when some loser cocky Lux player told me in /all: "well, I agree sometimes I hit what I shouldn't, but to be fair she's hard to play, she's 100% skillshots!". Still laughing. These "skillshots" are easier to land than Ryze's spells.

garath

Maybe, but I'm thinking more of when I'm in the mire of a team fight rather than 1v1, although if it is 1v1 and times right he can't AS me as i'll be solid gold.

It's her binding. It is the longest lasting hard CC in the game. It's worse than blitz hook since it requires a lot less mana, lower cooldown and requires no risk to Morg herself. Her and the adc don't need to engage on every single binding but basically you are standing there for upwards of 3 seconds, a ripe target for every skillshot in the game.

Blizzard

Banned
I was going to object and say that Thresh is hardly free ELO, but then I remembered.

The game last night where someone begged to go Thresh ("I just want to play Thresh" or whatever) in ranked, breaking up a duo (normally a good thing) who also wanted to play Thresh? The Thresh apparently ragequit after the enemy Miss Fortune went 8/0/1 in 10-15 minutes. Miss Fortune had Morgana as support.

zkylon

zkylewd
The most blatant case of bullshit hitboxes, Lux, whose entire kit has hitboxes so broken they've become mechanics of the character, hasn't been fixed for what, 3 years? Good luck with them fixing the spears' truck-wide invisible hitbox.

I remember when some loser cocky Lux player told me in /all: "well, I agree sometimes I hit what I shouldn't, but to be fair she's hard to play, she's 100% skillshots!". Still laughing. These "skillshots" are easier to land than Ryze's spells.

why don't you want to be friends with me

Blizzard

Banned
It's her binding. It is the longest lasting hard CC in the game. It's worse than blitz hook since it requires a lot less mana, lower cooldown and requires no risk to Morg herself. Her and the adc don't need to engage on every single binding but basically you are standing there for upwards of 3 seconds, a ripe target for every skillshot in the game.
3 seconds is the max at level 9+, and tenacity reduces it.

About Lux, I literally had an enemy Lux in ARAM tell me that they bought that particular Lux skin because the particles are so hard to see. There are only a few skins that seem to give champions timing changes or visual advantages, but that is one of the ones I dislike most.

There is a Twisted Fate skin where his spreading card throw shows ghostly blue against a blue background on ARAM, which is also hilariously difficult to see.

Ferrio

Banned
#nerfteleport.

Wonder how bad it'd be running it on riven...hrm. Doesn't play into her style unless I could do a sneaky b->first item and get back before they notice.

Snowman

you are one bitter motherfucker ahaha

There's no doubt that binding is strong, but for me the aoe is the bigger factor especially combined with how fast you can rack up gold with it, again, relative to other champs. It's an insane level of control. At least you can hide behind minions versus binding.

From a quick academic glance at my match history, a Morg game (boots of mob, zhonyas, FQC, RSS) with less kills, more deaths and 1 less assist earned 3k more than a full build Nami game. Now al of that won't be down to the ease of gold proc, but it is definitely more noticeable.

garath

Thinking about picking up Fiora for a wurzee opponent in the jungle while she's on sale. She's probably a fluff champ rather than a truly viable one at this point though. Should probably pass.

DeadNames

Banned
I think I'm gonna start playing Jayce more. He's really good and can carry if you have stupid ADCs.

Plus the new tele really buffed him.

drawkcaB

She would have to go hyrdra right? She has no AE attacks to assist in clear time. Else just build attack speed with the wriggles or something.

From what I've seen Hydra is still her best item either in the jungle or in lane. The only difference it that you obviously pick up Wriggle's first in the jungle.

Blizzard

Banned
She's basically a shitty version of Yi currently. Her jungle clear... ugh.
A game I lost last night had a Fiora jungle bragging in the lobby (always a bad sign) about how Fiora jungle is super OP and they don't know how people skipped over her with Feral Flare (second bad sign) and missed Fiora.

We lost and it was probably my fault for lots of mistakes and Fiora blamed me for everything. But, it was still rough with the feral flare thing, since it was the classic situation with the jungler not doing much besides jungle stacks and an occasional mid lane visit.

Full teams using Flash is insane.
Ever watched Starcraft 2 and mass stalker blinks, if I'm getting the terms right? I imagine it looking something like that.

Ferrio

Banned
Flare line just got hosed which is good. The trinket cooldown is a big game changer.

Now revert those damn tp buffs!

edit: What's wrong with liss's w?

edit2:

"ISOLATION RADIUS 350 units from nearest ally ⇒ 500 units from nearest ally"
"NEWGAMEPLAY Turrets now count as allies when determining whether a target is isolated"

Yes...think kha might be off the instaban list.

To improve aggro awareness and reduce visual noise, we've removed all aggro outlines and added an animated icon above the health bars of minions and neutral monsters. Targeting an enemy or neutral should now be much clearer as an outline around a unit now only means you're targeting it. This approach more closely lines with the intent of the aggro indicator feature, which is to convey game mechanics, not player behavior. Time to work on that combat awareness!
Isn't this kinda massive for lane dynamics?

Blizzard

Banned
Some of the patch notes are kind of funny.

Remember the big 0.5 AP ratio on Kassadin? Gone again!

Remember when Heal got rid of grievous wounds? Gone again!

aggro outlines? whats that?

if you had aggro from creeps or your opponents, who ever was hitting you would have a yellow outline. Instead there's now just an icon on the minions and neutral monsters.

basically it's harder to know when an enemy champion is trying to target you with auto attacks.

-------------------------------

welp, my time with Kassadin was fun. rest in pepperonis.

garath

Flare line just got hosed which is good. The trinket cooldown is a big game changer.

Now revert those damn tp buffs!

edit: What's wrong with liss's w?

edit2:

"ISOLATION RADIUS 350 units from nearest ally ⇒ 500 units from nearest ally"
"NEWGAMEPLAY Turrets now count as allies when determining whether a target is isolated"

Yes...think kha might be off the instaban list.

Wow that's pretty huge.

garath

Just saw the ult recast on Khazix too. That's pretty big. 1 second to 2 between recasts. Can't basically be invisible the whole fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom