• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team finally picks support Morgana against a team from a region that doesn't know how to deal with it.

Amazing game from C9. Looked phenomenal. Hai in particular.

C9 will hammer TPA, Gambit will scrape through both games, Gambit wins tournament. IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER NOW.

drawkcaB

He..."plays".

Then hearing "shit" may be the least of his worries? Hell, at 9 years old he hears way worse on the playground every day.

Besides kids aren't as impressionable as "think of the children" whiners would have you believe. My 4 year old heard me say fuck one time and a week later when working on a craft she said "ughh the fucking sail won't stay in the fucking boat". Explained to her its a bad word and that daddy makes mistakes all the time. Hasn't said it since.

...which is a shame in a way because it's one of the funniest things that's happened in recent memory.

AcridMeat

Banned
Then hearing "shit" may be the least of his worries? Hell, at 9 years old he hears way worse on the playground every day.
This is the point I was going to make. In 2nd grade, which is what, 7 or 8, we were swearing like sailors. He would probably be most worried about his parents overhearing it and making him turn it off.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think it's not that hard to be considerate and avoid swearing. Riot isn't age gating the streams or something so really they should just be accessible to anyone.

Einbroch

Banned
Jeez guys, I say fuck and shit all the time. All I'm saying is that I don't like all the swearing personally, a lot of parents don't like their kids watching shows with swearing, and it makes the scene look pretty amateur.

You don't hear ESPN, CBS, FOX, etc analysts go "HOLY SHIT WHAT A PLAY" whenever they're excited.

I think it's not that hard to be considerate and avoid swearing. Riot isn't age gating the streams or something so really they should just be accessible to anyone.
Sure, there's nothing wrong with trying to avoid them. But I don't see a reason to completely ban them. Keep it polite, not PG.

Personally I prefer that our casters don't go full eSports. It feels more real and enjoyable. I don't want to see impressive plays to only hear a GEEZ, I wanna hear a well rounded, fully lipped FUCK.

Moodmon

Neo Member
If someone does not want their cousin hearing swear words on something that is normally suitable for all, what is the problem? If you are okay when you have young relatives hearing swear words, fine. Don't moan about how someone wants to set an example though. There are enough people in the world who don't give a shit about what children see or hear.

Due to internet messing up again, missed a chink of IEM. Saw the Fanatic/M game. Somehow both tense and dreadful. From what I gather C9 beat a really good Chinese team, and Gambit got stomped. TPA any good, should I be watching this next game?

If someone does not want their cousin hearing swear words on something that is normally suitable for all, what is the problem? If you are okay when you have young relatives hearing swear words, fine. Don't moan about how someone wants to set an example though. There are enough people in the world who don't give a shit about what children see or hear.

Due to internet messing up again, missed a chink of IEM. Saw the Fanatic/M game. Somehow both tense and dreadful. From what I gather C9 beat a really good Chinese team, and Gambit got stomped. TPA any good, should I be watching this next game?

TPA looked good in their last match. You should be watching this yes, both teams dominated their opponents.

dimb

Sure, there's nothing wrong with trying to avoid them. But I don't see a reason to completely ban them. Keep it polite, not PG.

Personally I prefer that our casters don't go full eSports. It feels more real and enjoyable. I don't want to see impressive plays to only hear a GEEZ, I wanna hear a well rounded, fully lipped FUCK.
There's nothing polite about "holy shit," although I wouldn't expect Quickshot to say anything more insightful anyways. You shouldn't really swear openly in public places where kids are/could be around. Not that hard. Even as an adult I would just rather not hear it on an esports stream.

brian!

i dunno how hard it is to misunderstand what this guy is saying
hes saying some people dont like or care for cursing and itd be nice if those ppl were thought about for streams
ezpz

Einbroch

Banned

Personally I prefer that our casters don't go full eSports. It feels more real and enjoyable.
I more had a problem with that guy (don't know his name) just going "Ho. Lee. Shit. I was so wrong" (or whatever it was) after the game and emphasizing it so much when there was no need for it. In the heat of the moment I forgive it more and I'm sure my uncle does too.

This game is open to all, and they should be mindful of everyone.

There's nothing polite about "holy shit," although I wouldn't expect Quickshot to say anything more insightful anyways. You shouldn't really swear openly in public places where kids are/could be around. Not that hard. Even as an adult I would just rather not hear it on an esports stream.
I'd rather Quickshot stopped talking for good tbh.

SeigO

Banned
Haha has anyone heard of this website called Lolskill?

Some idiotic jungle Poppy in my last game kept bragging that he was "Top 4 Poppy NA" while flaming and raging against our team. He kept referencing this site as his justification. I looked myself up and I was happy to see I'm #14 Vlad!
Does it have any validity or is it just based off of KDA? It's too bad I can't play Vlad any more >.< he's pretty shit now after all of the top lane sustain nerfs.

The Poppy was pretty bad, so that doesn't give me much faith.

http://www.lolskill.net/top?filterChampion=8&filterRealm=NA

AcridMeat

Banned
Jeez guys, I say fuck and shit all the time. All I'm saying is that I don't like all the swearing personally, a lot of parents don't like their kids watching shows with swearing, and it makes the scene look pretty amateur.

You don't hear ESPN, CBS, FOX, etc analysts go "HOLY SHIT WHAT A PLAY" whenever they're excited.
I think it's unprofessional as well, but the way you worded the initial disapproval made it sound like you didn't want your nephew learning bad words.

It shouldn't be said on a stream for such a big general audience, but like I said the worst that would happen is his parents hearing it and telling him to turn it off.

edit: But like closer said, just don't say it no prob.

dimb

I'd rather Quickshot stopped talking for good tbh.
maybe riot games will fine him a million dollars for swearing on stream and he will go into debt. the only way he can work off this debt is by disappearing off the face of the earth to work salt mines for the next ten years.

Nekofrog

Banned

YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND MAN WE'RE A YOUNGER GENERATION WE DON'T FOLLOW YOUR CONVENTIONS IN OUR SPORTS

Einbroch

Banned
I think it's unprofessional as well, but the way you worded the initial disapproval made it sound like you didn't want your nephew learning bad words.

It shouldn't be said on a stream for such a big general audience, but like I said the worst that would happen is his parents hearing it and telling him to turn it off.

Turning it off is the last thing Riot wants, so... :p

Einbroch

Banned
lv_7___savage_babe_by_pretty_destruction-d50k415.png

That's all I think about when I hear the name Bebe.

Einbroch

Banned
^ I thought you were downplaying it, like...wut. That IS the worst thing that can happen.

I haven't been following the NA scene lately (why do they play on weekends, dammit), but damn C9 look good.

drawkcaB

To be fair major networks get fined for inappropriate language, and the further financial damages via sponsors bailing. Pretty sure any company that sponsors e-sports has a good idea of what market they're tapping into so there's much less family friendly PR pretences. It's easier to stay profession when there's a financial penalty involved.

That said, I get where you're coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom